Accepting

Time Flies

“Chae, where are we going?” Mina mumbled, stretching out her hands to get an indication of where she was. She was able to grasp the air around her, sighing defeatedly. Being blindfolded along with Chaeyoung being extremely quiet around her wasn’t helping her in the slightest. Just what was going on right now around her? She frowned, moving her head around as if it would help with anything.

“Unnie, step!” Chaeyoung called out as Mina stumbled forward. She cursed under her breath, feeling the anger grow a level higher. She hadn’t noticed that Chaeyoung’s hands were around her waist, preventing her from falling.

“You know, if you could maybe explain where we’re going, or guide me somehow, I’m sure it’ll be easier.” Mina muttered.

“But I want to keep it a surprise!” Chaeyoung whined and Mina could tell that she was pouting from her voice.

“And I want to stay alive.” Mina fired back.

“Okay, I’ll be more careful. Put your hands on my shoulders. Is that better for you?” Chaeyoung chuckled, placing Mina’s hands on her own shoulders. Mina didn’t know if Chaeyoung was looking at her or facing away but she would be glad if the blush on her cheeks wasn’t noticed by her.

Mina had no idea how long they’d been walking for since she was in her own world, appreciating all the time she could spend with Chaeyoung. She suddenly froze, making Mina collide into Chaeyoung’s back.

“Woah. Unnie, are you okay?” Chaeyoung chuckled, comforting Mina who was frightened with the collision.

“Can I take the blindfold off now?” Mina sulked.

“Just a few more minutes.” Chaeyoung informed, slipping her hand into Mina’s and guiding her to their destination. To say she was nervous was an understatement. She was terrified and scared and thinking of all the possibilities for things to go wrong later. She wanted to do something special for Mina for her birthday and this was the first thing that came to her mind.

They finally arrived and Chaeyoung took a deep breath, opening Mina’s blindfold. She took a step back, not sure of how Mina would react to where they were. She kept her eyes on her, noticing how she blinked rapidly to get used to the light around her. And how her eyes widened a little bit as she looked around her, hand coming up to cover a gasp that escaped her lips. Also, that she was standing there in the middle looking like the most beautiful thing that could possibly ever grace this world. Her own world stopped for a few minutes as Mina turned to face her, eyes b with tears with her trademark gummy smile etched on her face.

“This – I can’t believe it.” Mina shook her head, chuckling and crying at the same time as if it was a normal thing for her.

“I’m sorry if it’s not good enough. I tried to get it exactly the same but there were some limitations.” Chaeyoung laughed nervously.

“It’s beautiful. Thank you Chae.” Mina said with sincerity, kissing Chaeyoung’s cheek. She blushed beetroot at the contact, looking away shyly.

“Not as beautiful as you.” Chaeyoung muttered out of Mina’s earshot. Mina however, had heard it, blushing as well.

“So, how did you think of this?” Mina asked, pulling away the curtains to sit inside. She’d created a mini pillow forte in the middle of a park; how is that even possible?

“I wanted to go back and try to make it as similar to our first date as possible. I thought it would be a good plan for something.” Chaeyoung explained.

“Hmm? For what?” Mina asked, plopping down on a cushion and picking up some chips out of one of the bowls.

Chaeyoung gulped, knowing this was the biggest part of the planned afternoon she had set for them. There should be nothing restricting her but the fear of rejection was high in her head. What if she’d misinterpreted things between them? What if this wasn’t what they were heading out to become? Maybe Mina wouldn’t want it!

“Chae, stop overthinking things.” Mina mumbled, pressing a finger to Chaeyoung’s forehead to soothe out her frowns.

Clearing , Chaeyoung nodded, looking up to Mina’s eyes that had her anchored to the present time between the two.

“I know we’ve been through a lot of things in the time we’ve known each other and I know that things have changed between us.” Chaeyoung started, looking away from Mina’s concerned gaze. “I want to change things between us Mina. Will you let me love you?” She pleaded with all her might.

“Chae…” Mina whispered and Chaeyoung closed her eyes, nodding as she understood. She couldn’t bear to look at Mina anymore.

“I’m sorry for hassling you with everything.” Chaeyoung whispered, wiping away the tears falling down her face. She got up to leave, feeling conscious of everything around her in the moment before there was a warm hand on her wrist and she was pulled back down.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Mina asked, frowning as she realised Chaeyoung wouldn’t look her in the eye. “Chae.”

“I can’t be around you if my feelings for you don’t go away.” Chaeyoung sobbed.

“Ya! Our first date wasn’t this dramatic! Are you trying to imitate me?!” Mina complained, hitting the top of Chaeyoung’s head.

“Ouch! That really hurt Unnie.” Chaeyoung pouted, rubbing her head. “I thought I was doing a good job.”

“Ha! Good job my .” Mina muttered.

“But Unnie…” Chaeyoung said, looking up to Mina.

“Yes?”

“I meant what I asked.”

“W-what?”

“I want you to be mine again. I – I know that I hurt you when I walked away instead of talking to you and believing you. I wish I could go back in time so that I’d be able to fix up my mistake of not listening to you. I couldn’t be sorry enough for everything that happened between us but I don’t want to live in the past where there’s pain when I think of you. Mina, I love you so much. I’ve never been able to move on from you ever since we were together. I want to create more memories with you.” Chaeyoung said with sincerity, bending down on one knee.

Mina’s eyes widened and Chaeyoung had to bite back a smile. “This isn’t a marriage proposal Unnie, don’t be scared.” She chuckled, wiping away Mina’s tears. “I want to promise to be by your side no matter what happens. I want to cherish everything about you and I want to learn to love you all over again. Myoui Mina, I love you; always. Please be my girlfriend again.” She added, taking in a gulp of air as she finished. Chaeyoung slid the ring on Mina’s finger, earning a hearty chuckle from her.

“Took you long enough.” Mina shook her head.

“You know, this is the second scariest thing I’ve done in my life.” Chaeyoung crossed her arms.

“Oh? What was the first?” Mina teased, leaning closer to Chaeyoung.

“When I asked to date you the first time.” Chaeyoung answered.

“And how did that one end?” Mina asked, lips ghosting over Chaeyoung’s.

“I can’t seem to remember. Maybe you should remind me.” Chaeyoung taunted, earning a growl out of Mina.

Well played Chaeyoung.

Mina slipped her hand behind Chaeyoung’s neck, pressing her lips against hers and eradicating the space between them. Chaeyoung’s hands moved to rest on Mina’s waist, pulling her closer as she angled her head to deepen the kiss.

Just how long had it been since she’d kissed these lips? How long had it been since she’d been in the embrace of the one she loved? She would go through hell’s fire to love Mina and she’d go to higher extremes to protect her to the full extent that was possible. She didn’t care what it took, as long as Myoui Mina was in her arms, she’d be the happiest woman alive.


A/N: A short MiChaeng chapter for you all since it's Mina's birthday!
I hope our resident penguin had a lovely day!
God, I've been so busy today so I'm glad I got the chance to write and post this up!

Hope you're all doing well~

Sorry for any typos (ಥ﹏ಥ)