Explaining

Time Flies

Tzuyu had her chin rested upon her table as she waited for the classroom to empty so she could talk to Sana about whatever she’d called her out for earlier. She’d noticed her attempt to act like she was angry and Tzuyu could only stifle a laugh. Sana was still talking to a student and all Tzuyu wanted to do was just leave and get out of the bloody classroom. Deciding to make use of her time, Tzuyu glanced towards Sana, watching on as she animatedly showed the student in front of her what to do.

Nervousness made its way into Sana’s stomach as she felt Tzuyu’s gaze on her. She tried to avoid the gaze and concentrate on the student in front of her but why was it so hard for her to do so? Why was her heart going against her will and beating so fast? She blamed it on the fact that someone was staring at her – that had to be the reason, right?

A frown made its way to her face and she looked at Tzuyu, eyes widening as she realised she was still looking at her. Sana shook her head, giving her attention back to the student again. It was five minutes later when the student had left, leaving the two alone in the classroom. Sana had already cleared three times in an attempt to start a conversation and Tzuyu couldn’t be more amused.

“Miss Minatozaki?” Tzuyu called out, scaring Sana in the process.

“Right! What I needed to talk to you about...” Sana clapped her hands, walking closer to Tzuyu. She gulped unconsciously as Sana closed the distance between them.

“So…” Tzuyu pushed on.

“Whathappenedyesterday?” Sana asked in a rush.

“Say what?” Tzuyu asked again, frowning.

“What happened yesterday?” Sana questioned again.

“You don’t remember?” Tzuyu smirked, sitting up straight and leaning forward. Sana gasped at the movement, their faces were mere millimetres away from each other.

“N-no.” Sana stuttered, not able to look at her in the eye.

“Well that’s a shame. You seemed to have a lot of fun last night.” Tzuyu whispered, unable to hold back a smile as a blush found its way on Sana’s cheeks.

“How’d I end up at your apartment though?” Sana asked.

“Isn’t that already obvious?” Tzuyu chuckled, moving away from Sana so she could think straight. The proximity wasn’t helping her and her eyes kept falling on Sana’s lips.

Sana was about to question her further when her phone buzzed in her pocket. She frowned as she read the message, eyes widening as she looked up to Tzuyu who was looking at her in confusion.

“You have to go to the nurse. Your friend is in there.” Sana said, opening their classroom door as Tzuyu rushed out.

She stayed in the classroom for a little bit longer, thinking about what Tzuyu had meant earlier. Nothing happened between the two of them, right? Why couldn’t she just remember the events from the night before? Groaning, she hit her head, growing frustrated with the bits and pieces she recalled.

Tzuyu rushed to the nurse’s office, seeing Mina standing there looking very worried. So Chaeyoung was the one in the bed? She thanked her, standing with the others for a few moments before she decided to talk to Mina. Tzuyu asked the question that has been on her mind ever since they’d left. She didn’t know what Mina was thinking about when it came to Chaeyoung. The two of them had been so close in high school and she already knew what had really happened that night but Mina had never spoken to Chaeyoung about it. She needed to give Mina that final push to air things out between the two of them. Mina needed to explain what happened that night – properly.

Seeing Chaeyoung’s life spiral out of control after their breakup had made Tzuyu frustrated. Mina wouldn’t explain anything and Chaeyoung wouldn’t listen to anything related to Mina. So Tzuyu saw today as a chance for them to fix things between the two of them. It was obvious that Chaeyoung had never really moved on from Mina. She hadn’t dated a single person ever since she’d left their town all those years back. And as for Mina, Tzuyu could tell through her eyes. As soon as she’d walked into the nurse’s office – she’d seen it. She’d seen the tenderness and the worry and the slight glistening under her eyes. This was her last effort to bring the two together and Tzuyu had a feeling that it was just enough.

Chaeyoung calling out for Mina to stay was enough for the other three girls and they all made their own excuses to leave the room. Tzuyu shot Chaeyoung a motivating look, a nod of confirmation coming her way as the awkwardness settled in the air between Mina and Chaeyoung.

“I think we need to talk.” Chaeyoung said, indicating for Mina to sit next to her by the bed.

“Look – I –” They both said at the same time.

“You go first Unnie.” Chaeyoung mumbled.

Unnie. How long had it been since she’d heard that from Chaeyoung’s lips? How long had it been since she’d been in a direct conversation with Chaeyoung like this? She was nervous again and now she had to start this talk herself as well. Where should she start? An apology? An explanation?

“I’m sorry Chaeyoung.” Mina started, fiddling with her fingers.

“I’m sorry as well.” Chaeyoung mumbled, looking away as Mina had whipped her head up to stare at her. “I’m sorry for not listening to your explanation that day.”

Mina shook her head, wiping away the tears that were falling down at hearing Chaeyoung’s apology. “I would’ve done the same thing if I was in your shoes. I’m sorry you had to suffer because of me. I’m sorry I never pushed myself to talk to you sooner.”

“Can – can I ask you about what really happened?” Chaeyoung asked, looking back at Mina in concern.

Mina chuckled bitterly, nodding and she turned her hand into a fist at the mere memories and confessions of that night. Chaeyoung frowned at the change and unconsciously slid her hand towards Mina’s, opening her hand and gripping it tightly with her own.

“It was all Dahyun’s plan.” Mina said, crying harder than she was before. Chaeyoung’s heart was hurting at the sight of Mina crying in front of her. The constricting feeling in her chest was a reminder of what had happened that day. She struggled to pull herself up off the bed, tugging Mina towards her with whatever strength she had left in her body. Chaeyoung tucked Mina’s head under her own chin, running her hand though Mina’s hair. She attempted to provide some sort of comfort – freezing for a few moments as she realised how she’d reacted so quickly to calm Mina down. It wasn’t surprising anyway; she knew she hadn’t really moved on from Mina.

“What do you mean it was Dahyun’s plan?” Chaeyoung pushed herself to ask.

“It was meant to be a set up. To ruin things. And I guess it worked.” Mina explained, bitterness evident in her tone.

“Dahyun… I never expected her to do something like that. She was our friend.” Chaeyoung scoffed.

“You can ask Tzuyu if you don’t believe me. Our parents were the ones who collaborated to find out what had really happened.” Mina mumbled, sniffling as she remained in Chaeyoung’s embrace.

“Tzuyu knew all this time?” Chaeyoung said, gasping.

“Yeah. But I told her not to tell you.” Mina confessed.

“What! Why would you do that?” Chaeyoung whined, pulling away from their embrace to cup Mina’s cheeks.

“After what happened, I knew you’d be hurt. You wouldn’t have wanted to hear about me and it would’ve made it easier for you to move on.” Mina said, unable to look at Chaeyoung.

“Mina Unnie, I loved you more than I could comprehend at that time. I was in so deep, do you think I would’ve gotten out easily? How could I think of moving on when all I could think about was you? The love I have for you has always been and will always exist.” Chaeyoung confessed, leaning her forehead against Mina’s.

Mina had found herself crying once again, unable to say anything. Her mind was jumbled up and an emotional mess – all she could do was hug Chaeyoung tighter.

“I’m sorry Chae.” Mina whispered, Chaeyoung holding Mina tighter in their embrace as she cried as well. So much of their time had been wasted with their separation, they had to make up for whatever they’d lost.

---

Like the excuse Momo had used, she did in fact go to see her teacher. Knocking on her room door, Jihyo’s eyes widened as she saw her girlfriend on the other side, pulling her inside as she locked it behind her.

“Hi.” Momo said, smiling as Jihyo blushed in front of her.

“Is everything okay with your friend?” Jihyo asked, cupping Momo’s cheeks and kissing her forehead.

“Mhmm. She’s fine now. Mina Unnie is with her.” Momo nodded.

“Mina Unnie?” Jihyo asked, slightly jealous.

“Ah, we used to know her high school since she was dating Chaeyoung at that time. You don’t have to be jealous.” Momo teased, earning a smack from Jihyo.

“Who said I was jealous?” Jihyo scoffed, muttering under her breath as she moved away from Momo to sit on her table.

Momo chuckled at Jihyo’s behaviour, walking towards Jihyo and hooking her chin over her shoulder. She kissed her neck and Jihyo gasped, elbowing Momo in reflex who in turn groaned in pain.

“I’m sorry Momo!” Jihyo frowned, rushing over to Momo to help her up.

“If you wanted to hit me that badly, you can tell me you know.” Momo pouted, earning another smack from Jihyo. “Ya! Why do you keep hitting me!” She whined.

“Why would I want to hit you badly in the first place! Don’t creep up on me like that.” Jihyo huffed, crossing her arms.

“Ji~ how was I creeping on you when I was in the same room as you. You just don’t know who to blame.” Momo said, raising an eyebrow as Jihyo muttered under her breath again.

“Why are you always right.” Jihyo sulked.

“Come on now, do you want to go out to watch a movie?” Momo suggested, holding Jihyo’s hand and kissing her palm.

“As much as I want to, I’ve got to assess some simulation footage.” Jihyo said, sighing heavily.

“So we’re watching something here anyway?” Momo smiled, putting her bag down near Jihyo’s table.

“No we’re not. Momo, I don’t want you to waste your time.” Jihyo shook her head against the idea.

“There’s no wasting time if I’m spending it with you. Just set everything up and I’ll be back with some snacks.” Momo said, kissing Jihyo’s forehead as she jogged out of the classroom.


A/N: I finally managed to write something hooray :')
I spent so long trying to figure out where to go with this chapter~

So yes, Dahyun's character in this is slightly evil XD
I'm sorry if you were expecting her to be in a lighter role.

I hope you liked the update!

And thanks, you for upvoting and subscribing to this and reading it even though idk what I'm doing

I'm sorry for any typos ⚆ _ ⚆