Annoying

Time Flies

Sana rushed to the academy, blushing as she received whistles when she walked inside the staffroom.

“You’ve got two minutes to explain.” Mina crossed her arms as she waited for an answer alongside Nayeon.

“What do you mean explain?” Sana retorted, pushing through the barrier the two of them had created to sit on her desk.

“Please.” Nayeon scoffed, indicating to her outfit.

“I just needed a change of clothes.” Sana murmured.

“This isn’t your style.” Mina contemplated. “Someone picked it out for you.”

“Ripped jeans are not your thing. You go for the pencil skirts.” Nayeon pointed out.

“So what.” Sana shrugged, grabbing her things and leaving for her class. She partly hated Tzuyu for the fact that she’d chosen this outfit. Everyone was staring at her and she wished she hadn’t agreed upon letting Tzuyu dress her up.

She sighed as she went for her first class, dreading each moment that passed by. Even her owns students had their mouths hanging open when she walked in. Sana couldn’t help but blush as someone blurted out a random compliment. She would say she did well to make sure students paid attention because she knew a lot of them were still distracted when she walked around the classroom. She decided to limit it, sitting behind her desk instead.

Sana didn’t realise how fast the class had passed by; teaching the physics was always different from her aviation classes. She watched her students linger around for a few minutes longer and chuckled shyly, waving to them before they left. She relaxed for a few minutes, going on break for an early lunch.

She muttered curses under her breath as she gave everyone who was staring at her a smile. Sana finally spotted Tzuyu across the hallway, talking to someone very enthusiastically. Sana tried to recall her name… Ah! Jieqiong. If she were to pinpoint it, Sana would say that Tzuyu was flirting. Of course, she had no right to be jealous but Sana couldn’t help herself. Of course, she was happy that Tzuyu was befriending someone outside of her usual circle but why did it affect her more that Sana wasn’t the only one Tzuyu wanted?

She was burning the back of Tzuyu’s head with her eyes. As if sensing her gaze, Tzuyu turned around, smiling at Sana before returning to her conversation with Jieqiong. If nothing else had infuriated her, that had just been the action that triggered her anger. She huffed as she walked away, thinking about the rare smile that was stuck on Tzuyu’s face. Sana should be happy that there was a growing connection between the two of them, shouldn’t she? Jieqiong seemed like a sweet girl; a quiet but caring one.

As Sana entered her class for the second and her last lesson for the day, her mood was still the same. The lunch break hadn’t done anything to improve it, instead, it had gotten worse since Mina and Nayeon had attacked her with questions again. Additionally, Mina had told her that she had to invite Tzuyu to her party which she could’ve done herself, but forgotten last minute.

Her biggest surprise when she walked into her class was Tzuyu though. She was giggling in her seat. Not only that, but her cheeks were red too.

“Miss Chou. Is there something you want to share with the class?” Sana called out, anger evident in her tone.

Tzuyu looked at her confusedly, wondering what was wrong before she shook her head. She put her attention back to Sana – well, she tried to. Her phone buzzed a few minutes later and she let out another giggle. Sana slammed her pen on her table in an escalated sense of anger, scaring the entire class.

“Your phone, here Miss Chou.” Sana scolded, pointing to her desk.

“What if I don’t want to?” Tzuyu smirked.

“Then I’m sure you’ll enjoy clearing out the trash with the janitors later.” Sana seethed, not backing down. Tzuyu sighed, pushing her chair out in annoyance. Just what had happened to Sana this morning that made her attitude this way? She wasn't like this when she left her apartment this morning.

“May I remind you, act appropriately in the classroom.” Sana added coldly.

“Or what?” Tzuyu muttered.

“I will not permit back chatting. You’re staying back after class.” Sana demanded. “And if you decide to walk out of that class, I’ll be talking to the headmaster.”

Tzuyu scoffed, kicking a chair nearby before collapsing on her table. She ruffled her hair in annoyance, sending Sana a glare that was ignored. Maybe this was better for her – not a distractive class.

As the class ended, Tzuyu sat up in her seat, waiting for dismissal time. She really wanted to know what was up with Sana. The students rushed out, leaving Tzuyu in the room alone with Tzuyu.

“Mina told me to pass on the message that she wants you to come over to her party tomorrow. Chaeyoung will send you the address.” Sana muttered curtly, heading for the door.

“Wait!” Tzuyu called out, pulling Sana back and pushing her against the door. She locked it, frowning as she faced Sana about her calling out in class.

“What is it?” Sana asked impatiently.

“You.” Tzuyu answered.

“What?” Sana scoffed.

“You’re the problem.” Tzuyu explained.

“Tzuyu, I have no time for your games.” Sana sighed, turning to reach the handle. Tzuyu slammed her hand next to Sana’s head, making her freeze in her spot.

“Something’s wrong.” Tzuyu mumbled.

“Nothing is wrong. If you’ll excuse me, I have to leave. I’m sure you have better things to do, like talk to Jieqiong.” Sana said, trying to push Tzuyu’s hands away.

“Wait, are you jealous?” Tzuyu grinned, leaning closer. Sana was avoiding eye contact and Tzuyu had gotten her answer.

“What is there to be jealous about?” Sana denied, pushing Tzuyu away. She escaped the room, blushing as she walked away while Tzuyu stood in her spot, chuckling at Sana’s antics.

Sana fanned her blushing face as she walked to her car. Why was Tzuyu always such a tease? God, it was so infuriating that she had such a large effect on her. Now she was going to have to deal with seeing her tomorrow as well because of Mina. Sana groaned, hitting her head against her steering wheel a few times. She embarrassed herself earlier and now she had to meet Tzuyu, pretending everything was okay. But nothing was okay; her mind was in chaos every time she was around Tzuyu. She can’t think straight – she can’t think at all!

What she needed was a nice relaxing shower. That’s right. Sana wouldn’t need anything else. She just needs some time to release this stress that has been caused by Tzuyu. She felt the difference as soon as she dipped into her bathtub that she filled when she arrived at her apartment. She sighed in bliss, closing her eyes.

Sana swore under her breath when her phone rang next to her, ruining the peace she’d just managed to find. She was going to kill whoever was calling her at this time. She frowned as she failed to recognise the number, picking up cautiously.

“I was seriously thinking you weren’t going to pick up!” The person shouted on the other end of the line.

Was she out to ruin her life? Couldn’t she be spared an hour where she wasn’t thinking about Tzuyu or reminded of her? Why was she calling her right now? Why does she even have Sana’s number? Actually, she could probably answer the last question; Mina most likely gave Tzuyu her number.

“Tzuyu, you have five seconds to tell me why you called me.” Sana demanded.

“I have a flat tire.” Tzuyu answered.

“Then why did you call me? You could’ve called Chaeyoung or your other friends!” Sana retorted. She was tempted to add in Jieqiong as well but that would be too much of her jealousy showing in one day.

“Momo is out of town, Jeongyeon is busy with Nayeon and Chaeyoung is helping Mina with the party. There’s no one else I can call.” Tzuyu explained.

“Alright. Give me some time. I need to get ready and leave.” Sana muttered, hanging up and screaming in frustration.

If she has a flat tire, shouldn’t Tzuyu be able to fix it herself? Why would she need Sana to come instead of that? She hurried to her room, pulling on a quick outfit before she rushed out of the house, headed towards the academy again. Sana lost count of the amount of curses she let out as she drove, praying to god to save her mind while dealing with Tzuyu. It’s as if she was created for the sole purpose of destroying Sana. Shaking the unneeded thoughts out of her head, Sana concentrated on the road and thinking of things that weren’t related to Tzuyu.

Well, Tzuyu casually leaning against her car was enough for Sana to go back on everything she had promised not to think about. She gave Sana a cheeky smile as she stepped out of her car, pushing her hair back off her face.

“Don’t you have a spare tire?” Sana asked as she looked at the tire of Tzuyu’s car.

“I do. But it’s flat as well.” Tzuyu admitted, blushing in embarrassment.

“Are you getting your car towed then?” Sana asked.

“Yeah, they’ll drop it off later.” Tzuyu nodded.

Was that the way towing worked? Sana thought there was more to it but couldn’t be bothered asking.

“Okay then, sit in the car.” Sana mumbled, moving back to the driver’s seat.

Tzuyu bit back a smile as Sana turned around, pumping her fist in the air and sitting next to Sana. Her plan ended up working. After what happened in the classroom, Tzuyu didn’t want to give up the possibility that Sana might actually like her. She knew Sana would try to avoid her so Tzuyu might have punctured her car wheel on purpose to get Sana here. Genius, right?

The two were silent, even though Sana wanted to ask why Tzuyu had called her out. Surely, Tzuyu had other people to ask for help other than Sana. What was she trying to play at? Sana held her forehead with her right hand as she drove, in deep thought. So much for not thinking about Tzuyu.

Tzuyu sighed softly as they headed to her place. Honestly speaking, she didn’t want to be home alone right now. She hesitated as they arrived at her condo, not really wanting to leave the car. Sana frowned as she noticed this. Was something wrong?

“Tzuyu?” Sana called out.

“Hmm?” Tzuyu replied.

“What’s wrong?” Sana questioned.

“…Nothing.” Tzuyu hesitated.

“Tzuyu.” Sana repeated, sighing. “What is it?”

“I don’t – never mind.” Tzuyu mumbled, opening the car door. Sana had pulled her back though, refusing to let her go.

“What’s wrong. I know something’s not right.” Sana said softly.

“I don’t want to be alone.” Tzuyu admitted after some time. This was an embarrassing admission for her; what came over her to spill?

Sana stayed quiet for a few moments, contemplating on what to do. She understood Tzuyu and she also didn’t want her to be alone if she was feeling upset about it. But then again, there was a huge difference between her place and Tzuyu’s. Additionally, with the party tomorrow, she’ll get teased for sure if she comes with Tzuyu. Let’s not forget the fact that the two of them have this weird atmosphere between them. If Tzuyu was in this mood, Sana would be safe from her flirting, right?

“Go inside, pack some clothes and things you’ll need for a couple of days. I’ll be waiting here.” Sana muttered.

“What?” Tzuyu asked, clearly shocked with the suggestion.

“Do you want to stay alone?” Sana raised an eyebrow.

“N-no.” Tzuyu stuttered.

“Then go pack your things. I guess you can stay over at my place.” Sana sighed.

Hopefully, she won’t regret this decision.


A/N: Can you guys tell that this chapter is a mess? :']
The title clearly reflects the chapter, don't you think?
I don't know where I'm going with this story, which is why it's taking me so long to update this.
I've kind of moved away from my initial goal of the story and it worries me that you guys might not like it.
So please let me know if you think the plot is turning weirder and weirder every chapter.
If you don't like something or if there's something out of place, put it in a comment or send me a message :]

On a side note, #Signal5thWin today and also #HappyDahyunDay!
Precious Dubu grows a year older
\ (•◡•) /