Testing

Time Flies

Jihyo sighed heavily as she marked the tests for her class. It seemed like her girlfriend was purposely flunking her work compared to everyone else. Was she not teaching her work properly? She didn’t know what she should do about it, though she knew she had to approach Momo somehow. She whined, placing her head on her table as she mumbled to herself. She wanted Momo to do well but then there was also the possibility that someone will find out about their relationship and assume the marks are due to favouritism.

She was in a very difficult situation right now. Though, she knew that the most important thing right now was Momo. If Momo wanted Jihyo’s help, she’d gladly give it. If she didn’t want it, the subject would be dropped then and there. Jihyo didn’t think any less of her; she knew that Momo was smart and dedicated. That’s why she wanted to help her out. Jihyo wanted Momo to understand that this wasn’t a pity suggestion. She wanted to give all the help to Momo that she could. There was no intention to imply anything else. Could she do it? Could she be able to ask Momo if she needed the help? Jihyo just feared that Momo would take it in a negative way.

“Baby?” Momo whispered as she entered the classroom. Jihyo shot up immediately, looking around the classroom in case someone was present. Just when had Momo entered? She hadn’t even realised since she was so deep in thought.

Her reaction caused Momo to frown, worrying about what could possibly be on Jihyo’s mind. She looked over her table, gulping as she saw the papers for the test that she knew she’d failed. As much as she wanted to do well, the content of the past few classes have been a little difficult for her to comprehend. She didn’t want to bother any of her friends since she knew they were all doing their own things at the moment. Maybe she should have studied harder but having Jihyo as her teacher was possibly a little more distracting than she expected.

“I’m sorry.” Momo mumbled, feeling embarrassed for the first time in a while.

“Mochi, what’s wrong? Is my teaching not up to par? Let me know how I can help you.” Jihyo said gently, slipping her hands through Momo’s.

“It’s not you.” Momo replied, shaking her head.

“What do you mean?” Jihyo asked, wanting to get to the bottom of the situation.

“The content has just been hard for me to understand.” Momo confessed, looking away from Jihyo’s surprised gaze.

“Oh my god Momo, you know you could’ve just come to me and told me that, right? As your teacher, I need to ensure that you understand everything that I teach. There’s nothing to be embarrassed about.” Jihyo chuckled, kissing Momo’s cheek as she whined.

“It is embarrassing! You’re my girlfriend! I don’t want to be a disappointment.” Momo mumbled.

“Hey, look at me.” Jihyo demanded, pulling up Momo’s face up by her chin. “You are not a disappointment and you will never be one. You’re amazing and fun and the kindest person I’ve been blessed with in my life. So what if you find something hard; you can overcome it. If you still find it hard, I’ll be with you, by your side and doing my best to support you.”

Jihyo looked at Momo in concern when she didn’t get a response. She seemed like she was in a daze – completely lost with her surroundings.

“Mochi?” Jihyo called out.

“I don’t deserve you.” Momo mumbled.

Instead of saying anything, Jihyo simply smacked the back of Momo’s head. She shouldn’t be saying such things in the first place.

“Ya! You’re hitting me again!” Momo whined, rubbing her head.

“You shouldn’t be saying anything like that in the first place. Now tell me what you’re struggling with so I can help you.” Jihyo huffed, getting Momo to sit down in front of her.

“But don’t you have other things to do?” Momo mumbled.

“Nothing as important as this; now let’s get started.” Jihyo said, chuckling as Momo sulked next to her.

Jihyo was surprised with the amount of content Momo was struggling with but nonetheless, wishing nothing else but to help her. Deciding to work through slowly, Momo was quick to pick up on what she failed to understand. Jihyo could tell when something went over her head and was too much so she’d break down whatever she saw Momo find difficult. It was only an hour into the revision and Jihyo could feel that Momo was lacking motivation to continue on. She was doing well and she wanted that to continue on until she grasped a few more concepts.

“How about this, I’ll give you a set of questions and for each one you answer correctly, you’ll get a kiss.” Jihyo offered, feeling victorious as Momo sat up in her seat immediately.

“How many questions?” Momo asked, eyes twinkling in anticipation.

“5. You have to answer them to your best ability.” Jihyo challenged, crossing her arms.

“Alright. I’m ready.” Momo answered, clapping her hands.

“First question; what are the four forces that help a plane fly?” Jihyo asked, starting off with something easy.

Momo smiled immediately, knowing the answer. “, lift, weight and force.” She answered, feeling confident.

“Not bad. But it’ll get harder.” Jihyo warned as she leaned forward, kissing Momo softly. Trying not to get carried away, Jihyo pulled back quickly, chuckling at the whine that escaped from Momo’s lips.

“What do I mean by ‘angle of attack’?”

“It’s the angle at which the air meets the wing.”

Jihyo smiled at the quick answer from Momo, kissing Momo once again. This was a good method for getting her to answer questions.

“What are some of the factors that affect stall speed?” Jihyo inquired next, noticing the flash of fear in Momo’s eyes.

“Uh…”

“Well, remember that stalling is when the angle of attack is too high and the force of the lift is not able to be produced.” Jihyo helped out.

“Ah! Right… There’s weight, turning, wing contamination, altitude, load factor, vortex generators, power and climb and flaps or slats?” Momo answered.

“Are you asking me if that’s correct?” Jihyo retorted, raising an eyebrow as she leaned closer again.

“Uh…” Momo mumbled. “I think it’s right.”

“Well then, I guess you’ll still be rewarded.” Jihyo said, kissing Momo’s cheek.

“Why the cheek!” Momo whined.

“Because I helped out, it’s not a complete answer.” Jihyo smirked.

“Hmph.” Momo sulked, crossing her arms.

“You still have two more questions.” Jihyo reminded, grinning as Momo sat up again. “What is the angle of a bank?”

“Uhm… the angle at which the plane is inclined longitudinally in perspective of the horizontal axis!” Momo clapped, realising this was actually helping out more than she thought it would. Honestly speaking, if she would be doing these questions on her own, she wouldn’t get a single one correct if it hadn’t been for the extra lesson. Jihyo had really helped her understand it all with a simple bribe of kisses; what if she always did them?

“Don’t lose yourself on me now.” Jihyo teased, pulling up Momo’s chin and kissing her. “You’re doing an amazing job Mochi.”

“Well, I have an amazing teacher.” Momo announced smugly.

“Let’s see the last question before you say that, hmm?” Jihyo shook her head. “Alright, what is the highest bank angle you would be allowed to use for a flight filled with passengers?”

Momo panicked. She knew that she had no clue what the answer was to the question. She was going so well but this one question had to ruin it all. She thought hard about it, trying to remember the mentioning of the topic but she failed to recall anything about a certain angle. Momo frowned as she continued to ponder on, pouting at the lack of knowledge of a suitable answer. Would she disappoint Jihyo if she didn’t give the right answer? Would she be the cause of shame and embarrassment?

“Mochi, look at me beautiful.” Jihyo called out, trying to gain Momo’s attention.

The latter shook her head, wanting to think about the question more so that she could provide a proper answer for Jihyo.

“Momo!” Jihyo scolded, realising her nickname wasn’t enough to bring her out of her stupor. Momo shook her head again, not looking at Jihyo.

“Whatever you’re thinking, it’s not true.” Jihyo mumbled, cupping Momo’s cheeks. “It doesn’t matter if you give the wrong answer, I won’t think any different of you. All I want from you is for you to give your best.” Jihyo mumbled, leaning her forehead against Momo’s.

“I just don’t want to be someone you could be disappointed with.” Momo admitted, closing her eyes.

“Nothing could disappoint me related to you, Mochi. I feel so proud of you right now; you’ve done so damn well. You tried hard to answer all of the questions I asked you, worked with me with the content you didn’t understand and stayed attentive. One question won’t change anything.” Jihyo clarified, placing a kiss on Momo’s forehead. She was being honest; she really felt happy with how much progress they’d had on the content.

“Really?” Momo asked, feeling shy with the compliments showered upon her.

“Really.” Jihyo said sternly, kissing Momo softly.

“I don’t think I can study any longer.” Momo huffed, resting her head on Jihyo’s shoulder.

“That’s good then. I think you’ve earned yourself a nice reward. Want to go for a movie and dinner?” Jihyo offered.

“But what about everyone else? They’ll see and you could get into trouble.” Momo shook her head, refusing the offer.

“Who said we’ll be around here? It’s time for a road trip.” Jihyo responded, giggling at Momo’s shocked expression.

“But don’t you have class tomorrow?” Momo reasoned.

“Nope. And anyway, we’re not going that far out! Just a few hours.” Jihyo explained.

“Who am I to say no then?” Momo smiled.

“I didn’t suggest you had a say in the decision.” Jihyo said, raising an eyebrow.

“So what would you have done if I said no?” Momo challenged as she got off Jihyo’s shoulder.

“Do you really want to know?” Jihyo whispered, leaning closer to Momo.

“Yes.” Momo replied, gulping.

“Shame you won’t find out.” Jihyo teased, walking out of the room as she heard Momo whine behind her.

It was time for just the two of them to create some cherishable moments together; away from everyone else.


A/N: *apologises in all the possible languages*
I'm sorry for the late update~
This chapter was admittedly a lot harder to write than I expected.
Since a lot of you wanted a JiMo chapter, I decided to write one.
I know, it's not the best chapter so please forgive me~

Anyway, I'm sorry for any typos you see (ง'̀-'́)ง
Hope you liked the update :]