Mixed

Time Flies

Tzuyu came out of the room a few hours later after realising that Sana wasn’t in the bed anymore. She yawned and sleepily trudged out of her room, heading towards the bathroom. She froze in her place when she saw another two figures in the living room, having a conversation with Sana while she cried in front of them. She wanted to go up and hug her and question what was wrong but the aura in the room seemed too serious for Tzuyu to barge in and take charge. Tzuyu hid behind a wall, quietly observing what was going on. The two strangers bore similar features to Sana, the man seemed to have the same features Sana had while the woman seemed to only share Sana’s nose.

Another few moments passed by and the three of them had switched to talking in Japanese. Tzuyu could only glance over to whoever was talking, trying to judge from their facial expressions as to what they we saying. Maybe she should try to learn Japanese for her girlfriend now. She only knew basics from anime she used to watch. It’d be pretty handy to understand what Sana mumbles under her breath half the time.

Otousan? Okaasan?

They were Sana’s parents! Everything finally clicked in Tzuyu’s head. That’s why there was a shared resemblance between Sana and the two supposed strangers. But the thing she wondered most was why they were here. Sana was abandoned by them so why were they back? What if they were here to take her away? Or what if they wanted her to get married or something else like what you see in dramas? She panicked as she thought of situations in her head, bringing up scenarios of losing Sana, just when they’d gotten together.

Cool hands cupped Tzuyu’s cheeks and lifted her face up, allowing her to gaze into worried eyes. How long was she standing here panicking and how long had Sana been calling her name to get her attention? Sana kissed Tzuyu’s forehead, pushing her hair behind her ears as she moved to continue cradling her cheeks.

“What’s wrong Tzu-Tzu?” Sana spoke gently.

“You won’t leave me, right?” Tzuyu mumbled, closing her eyes. Sana almost missed the words since Tzuyu had said them so fast.

“Of course, I won’t. Why would you think that?” Sana comforted, pressing more kisses to Tzuyu’s head.

“They were your parents who came. They’re going to take you back.” Tzuyu sulked, leaning against Sana’s shoulder.

“No silly. Even if they asked me to come back, I wouldn’t leave you behind. I would never leave you behind.” Sana reassured, patting Tzuyu’s back.

“You’re not going to get married to someone else either?” Tzuyu asked.

“No, Tzu-Tzu. Have you been watching too many dramas again?” Sana giggled, peppering Tzuyu’s face with kisses.

“Then how come they’re here?” Tzuyu sniffled.

“Well, they came to apologise for what they did before.” Sana explained, sighing softly. Tzuyu moved away from Sana’s shoulder, bringing Sana in for a hug.

“You guys weren’t cursing in Japanese, were you?” Tzuyu teased, making Sana chuckle.

“No, we weren’t.” Sana smiled, pinching Tzuyu’s waist. “They said they felt guilty for the way they treated me and they wanted to apologise, saying they’d do anything to get me to forgive them. I told them I needed time to think it through and they agreed and left for a little while.” She summarised.

Tzuyu knew that Sana never hated her parents even though she wanted to. Her parents were so lucky to have her in their lives. After all this time, Sana was still open to talk to her parents and let them back in her life. If Tzuyu was in her place, she wouldn’t be able to forgive them so easily. She felt so proud of Sana.

“Hmm. You should spend some time with them then. I should go back home for a little bit and let you three bond. It’s been way too long since you’ve talked to them.” Tzuyu suggested, swaying a little bit with Sana in her arms.

“No, no! I don’t want to be here with them alone.” Sana admitted, whining into Tzuyu’s neck.

“I know it’ll be hard but if I stay, they also don’t know who I am. I can make things worse with my presence here. And technically you’re never alone. If you ever need me, I’m only one call away from you.” Tzuyu added, hugging Sana tightly.

“Can you stay for an hour at least? I’m not ready to be without you yet.” Sana pleaded.

“Hmm, okay – how about some lunch? I didn’t realise I’d end up waking up so late.” Tzuyu sighed, looking up at the clock.

“Let me cook though.” Sana nodded, kissing Tzuyu quickly and pulling her over to the kitchen and making her sit down.

Tzuyu chuckled as she watched Sana cook. Her heart felt a lot lighter after getting reassurance from Sana. She didn’t have to worry about her parents. Well, okay, she did have to worry a little bit because she was going to meet them eventually but her mind was more preoccupied with Dahyun’s reappearance. She just hoped that Sana and herself were safe from destruction because of her. Tzuyu didn’t want a reoccurrence of what happened to Mina and Chaeyoung with herself and Sana. She’d sacrifice everything for Sana in a heartbeat – and she hoped that Dahyun hadn’t noticed that yet.

When she said that she wasn’t here to cause any trouble, Tzuyu still doubted her. Why? Because her return was already trouble itself. She was finally stable without her presence in her life and now she’s here to turn it all over. But no, Tzuyu wasn’t going to let this affect her as much as Dahyun wanted. She thought she could control the situation and turn things around again? The only feeling left inside of Tzuyu for Dahyun is hatred and disdain. There was nothing remotely friendly or anything more for her that she felt. She screwed it all up herself and now there was no going back. She had a wonderful girlfriend now and she didn’t care about anything else.

---

Momo was lying down on Jihyo’s lap as she read a book, feeling so happy having Jihyo run a hand through her hair. Their little trip together was probably the best time she’d had in her life. Though, things changed when they’d returned. Jihyo had become quieter than before. Momo didn’t know if she did anything wrong while they were there – at least she thinks she didn’t. Jihyo still interacted with her and showered her with affection occasionally but it had all decreased. Like usual, she was overthinking things about them. But she never dared to speak her worries out loud.

It wasn’t that she was questioning Jihyo but it was that she was questioning herself. Things were going too well for them and that was never a good sign, right? Something was bound to go wrong sooner or later but Momo couldn’t tell what it was. She spent a very long time retracing everything that had happened on their trip but she couldn’t figure it out. It was bothering her to the point where she knew Jihyo would pick up on the change through her test marks.

“Momo, why have your results gone down again? I thought the tutoring helped?” Jihyo asked. Momo shut her eyes, not expecting her to discuss it so soon.

“Hmm? What do you mean?” Momo countered.

“Why has there been such a big change in the one test you sat today.” Jihyo cleared.

“I thought I did well.” Momo replied. Lies.

“You know you at lying.” Jihyo sighed.

“I’m sorry. I was just very distracted while we were doing the exam.” Momo muttered, getting off Jihyo’s lap.

“Why? What’s bothering you?” Jihyo frowned. It’s not like Momo was going to go all out and say it was Jihyo’s fault.

“Just some stuff. Nothing to discuss.” Momo shrugged, starting to get off the couch.

“Momo. Please. Talk to me.” Jihyo pleaded.

“Talk to you?” Momo scoffed, shaking her head. “If you won’t talk to me, how do you expect me to talk to you?”

Jihyo seemed taken aback by the change of tone, mouth hanging open in surprise. She tried to say something but she didn’t know what.

“Forget it. I’m going to go out.” Momo groaned, getting up once again.

“No, wait. Just wait.” Jihyo pulled Momo down again. “What do you mean I don’t talk to you?”

“You think I haven’t noticed the change ever since we came back from the mini trip. I don’t know what I did wrong but I’m sorry! I didn’t want to hurt you in any way but I guess I did at the end.” Momo said, blinking quickly to stop the tears from forming.

“Wait, you think you did something wrong?” Jihyo whispered. She didn’t get an answer from Momo, who had turned away from her and was now facing their front door instead. “Mochi.” She tried again, prodding Momo’s sides.

“What!” Momo whined, half crying and half groaning.

“You didn’t do anything, why would you think that?” Jihyo asked.

“Y-you’ve been distant ever since we’ve c-come back. I couldn’t even sit the t-test properly because I was so w-worried.” Momo hiccupped.

“I was never upset at your or anything like that.” Jihyo said softly, moving to crouch in front of Momo. She was sulking and crossing her arms, refusing to meet Jihyo’s gaze. “It was just me and my doubts. Someone told me something I shouldn’t have even listened to and I regret it now.”

“What do you mean?” Momo questioned, sniffling.

“Well, they said bad things about this person and they tried to put ideas into my head and I hate that I almost believed them when I know the person better than the one who suggested it.” Jihyo explained.

“Is that person me?” Momo muttered.

“Why would you say that?” Jihyo frowned, cupping Momo’s cheeks.

“Because you’ve only been distant with me.” Momo mumbled, breaking Jihyo’s heart as she cried softly again.

“Mochi, please don’t cry. I promise I won’t do it again. I’m sorry for causing you pain. I’m a bad person.” Jihyo apologised, dropping her hands to her sides.

“Don’t say that.” Momo scolded. “You’re not a bad person.”

“I am. I am a bad person if I made the person I love cry.” Jihyo confessed, pulling her knees to her chest as she rocked herself.

“Jihyo.” Momo sighed.

“What?” Jihyo answered.

“Stop speaking rubbish.” Momo said angrily, leaning over the couch to cup Jihyo’s cheeks and kiss her.

Jihyo’s hands covered Momo’s as she returned the kiss with equal vehemence. Momo was conveying all of her frustration into the kiss. Frustration at how stubborn Jihyo could be when she was so goddamn amazing; frustration of how Jihyo puts herself down; frustration of their lack of intimacy – she pushed it all in one kiss. She swears, if she was ever to be denied a kiss from Jihyo, she’d die from the patience it required. Jihyo’s kisses were like a drug to her and she didn’t want to stop getting a taste of them.

The two were dazed out when they separated, both breathing heavily. Momo leaned her forehead against Jihyo’s and intertwined their hands together. Hours make a difference to her. When she’s with Jihyo, she wants to make the most of the time they have together.

“I love you too.” Momo chuckled as she confessed.

“What?!” Jihyo pulled back.

“I don’t think you were meant to confess like that but I love you too.” Momo smiled, kissing Jihyo’s forehead.

“I really did confess.” Jihyo said out loud.

“Yes, you did.” Momo clarified, biting back a smile.

“I ruined it.” Jihyo whined, hiding her face in her palms.

“Nope, you made it more Jihyo style.” Momo teased.

“What is that meant to mean?!” Jihyo demanded.

“Like, you ramble aimlessly and accidentally spill things you’re not meant to. But the thing is that it’s absolutely adorable.” Momo whispered, kissing Jihyo’s nose.

“C-cute? I’m not cute! I’m badass.” Jihyo argued.

“Yes, of course. You’re my badass.” Momo laughed, hugging Jihyo.

Momo’s phone buzzed next to them on her table and she separated from Jihyo. She opened it quickly once she saw it was from Tzuyu.

DISB.

I need you guys at my place ASAP.


A/N: I don't have enough apologies for my lack of updates, I'm so sorry :<

Yes, I've left you guys on another cliffhanger but the story is slowly coming to an end now :']

Not many cliffhangers remaining so hold your horses!! :P

I wonder if any of you can guess what DISB stands for hmmm...

Thank you for continuing to support this story even though my updates are terrible :(

See you in the next update~

- Z.