Chapter 4

Sealed Voice

Thursday, Myoui Residence 06.30 PM

AUTHOR POV

                Mina now already on her uniform and ready to go to school. It’s indeed still too early since school start at 9 but Mina always go to school at this time in order to avoid her parents. Her parents always wake up between 7 and 8 so this is the exact time for her to leave to school without meeting them. Well.. Actually the one who she want to avoid the most is her father. Since she was a kid, Mina and her father were not that close but not that distant. Just like a busyfather-daughter relation. But after that incident, her father treated Mina like nothing. He never saw Mina as her daughter anymore, sometimes like a stranger, or even only as his employee. There’s no place for mina to go out from this situation, nobody can help her even her mother. So the only thing Mina can do is just go with the flow, do everything her father wants, and lessen her interaction with her father since it’s useless thing to do. Her father won’t hear her unless it’s about job.

well her mother is the only one for her, but she always busy and always dragged by Mr.Myoui. So Mina decided to survive by herself. help from her friends? No.. its meaningless… if her friends know and try to help, her father would ‘harm’ them. like sabotage their family’s business or even their future. Yes Mr. Myoui would do anything to prevent Mina go out from his control. And she never has any friends who really dare to oppose her father. Even Nayeon and Jihyo who knew Mina the longest, are afraid of the Myoui power.

As usual, Mina left a note on the fridge to her mom saying that she already left for school and after that she went out from her house. Although Myoui is a billionaire family, they didn’t use a driver services or a maid. Mr. Myoui want Mina to do things by herself and be independent. So every day Mina has to ride bus to go to school. With a black backpack on her back (A/N: uuu what a good rhyme.. Sorry Jk ^^) and a laptop bag on her right hand, Mina walked to the nearest bus stop.

.

.

.

From a quite long walk, mina suddenly stopped as she saw a blonde girl with pink pajama walking out from a quite minimalist house and lazily took a newspaper that lied around the mailbox. Mina can’t hold her laugh as she saw how messy and ‘fresh’ the girl looked. The blonde turned her sight to her right as she heard a chuckled. She squinted her eyes, rubbed it so her drowsy eyes can see the person more clearly. Mina threw her gummy smile and waved at her and finally the blonde vision was clear enough. She grin stupidly and waved her hand to Mina. Yeap. The blonde pink pajama girl is JYP High greatest Pabo, Hirai Momo.

Momo tidying herself and then she approached Mina.

“annyeong Mina-ya~” mina’s gummy smile appeared as Momo greeted her cutely. Although her drowsy face kinda ruined the cuteness.

“Where are you going this early?” asked Momo. Mina just pointed the School emblem and Momo understand it.

“YAH.. school starts in 2 hours again.. Do you have something to do in there this early?” Mina shook her head and it made momo tilted her head confusedly.

“Then why even bother ?!!!” Mina then took her sketchbook and wrote something on it.

 

I just want to

 

Suddenly Momo grabbed Mina’s hand and said, “Since you have nothing to do this early at school, then just stay in my house for a while and we go to school together. How’s that?” but then Momo let go Mina’s hand as Mina wanted to write something.

 

Am I not bothering you?

 

Momo smiled at her and shook her head. “Come! My Mom made a strawberry pancake. Let’s eat together shall we?” just when Mina want to write something, Momo held her hand again.

“Don’t you dare lying to me and said that you already ate breakfast. I only smelled peppermint from your breath. Come on!” After hearing that, Mina’s face automatically turned red. She didn’t know why she like that but what momo told her earlier was a little bit... embarrassing?


Hirai Residence, 06.40 AM

“Mooom! Daad! We have visitors!” said Momo from the front door.

Mrs. Hirai who already dressed in office attire, running out from dining room and looked towards the front door. As Mrs. Hirai and Mina’s eyes met, mina bowed and smile to Mrs.Hirai.

“Oh! Mina! you come at the right time! I just done making some pancakes. Come in come in!” said Mrs.Hirai and disappeared into the dining room again.

“I’m sorry she always that excited if I bring friends home.” Mina just smiled, meaning she’s okay with that.

Momo and Mina walked to the dining room and there they met Mr.Hirai who’s typing something on his phone and Mrs. Hirai who’s walking here and there, preparing another plate for Mina.

Momo pulled out a chair for Mina and said, “make yourself at home kay?” Mina nod.

The moment she sat on the chair, Mina just sat straightly and just looking at the table blankly. Momo who saw that chuckled a bit because mina looked pretty tensed with that expression.

“Yah.. you always that tense even in your house? Relax Mina-ya.. hahahaha.” Mina smiled and she loosen her back a bit by laying her back on the chair. Momo didn’t notice that the smile mina just gave to her, is not her warm smile.. is a bitter one.

“Dad! Drop the phone! We’re on dining room and we have visitors!” Mina looked amazed how Momo can freely asked her father to stop doing things since mina never even dare to do that to her father.

“Wait a sec Momo-ya. I’m on an important talk with my colleague.” Said Mr.Hirai, not letting go his eyes from his phone.

“There is a Myoui in here. She’s more important than your colleague.” As soon as He heard the word ‘Myoui’, Mr.Hirai looked up and saw Mina smiled politely.

“Oh! A-Annyeong haseyo! I’m really sorry for my rudeness! I’m really really sorry! Eum.. yah Momo! give her a glass of water or juice or milk or anything nice from the fridge. Palli! Honey! Why took you so long! Hurry and give our guest some—.”

 Suddenly Mrs.Hirai slapped the back of Mr.Hirai head and she just calmly sat beside him. Again, Mina amazed by the way the Hirai family act toward each other.

“Didn’t I told you that the Myoui junior doesn’t like people to act like that towards her? don't make her uncomfortable.” said Mrs.Hirai as she delivered pancakes to Momo and Mina. now not just mina who shocked, momo also did.

“How come you know that Mom?” asked Momo

“Her mom told me. you know.. the perks of being friends.. Jaa~ let’s eat shall we?” Mina nod. But Mina hasn’t touched her food yet because Mr.Hirai still rubbing his head hoping the pain from Mrs.Hirai’s power slap to heal. Mina waited Mr.Hirai to eat first since it’s a usual thing to do in her house. Let the eldest eat first. or let her father eat the food first.

“Itadakimasu~” Mina held Momo hand and she shook her head. like she forbid momo to eat.

 

You should wait your father to eat first

 

After seeing what Mina wrote, a warm smile appeared on Momo face and she said to Mina, “If we were eating outside the house, yes I should have waited him to eat first. But in Hirai’s house, there’s no such kind of manner exist. We just eat whenever we want.” Again.. mina amazed by how the Hirai is really felt free and very different compared to her family.

“Mina-ya.” Mina quickly turned her head towards Mrs.Hirai who was calling her name warmly.

“manhi meoggo~ (eat a lot)” as she heard that, a wide smile popped on Mina’s face and she took a bite of the pancake.

.

.

.

.

Sitting and eating here, made Mina felt like she’s meeting with three Hirai Momo at one place. It’s funny even Mr.Hirai is also speaks a lot although his appearance looked like a scary dad since her body is so buildup. Mr.Hirai and Mrs.Hirai told her many things about Momo either it bad or good. but Momo won’t complained tho, since she’s too focused on her food.

Mina never experienced a breakfast like this, full of talks, laughter, interesting stories, and even she witnessed a fight between daughter and father for another slice of pancake which is one of mr.hirai’s way to distract Momo from her food. This vibe is what Mina always wanted to feel every breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The vibe that really resemble to what people called ‘family’. But what made her more amazed is how Mr. and Mrs. Hirai treat her. they didn’t treat her like a guest or even like a billionaire’s daughter. They treat her same as they treat Momo. the warmth that Mina had longing for. She really wish she can just stay here.

“Whoops! Look at the time! Come on honey stop eating and help me with the luggage or I’ll miss my flight!” said Mrs.Hirai who hurriedly put the plate on the dishwasher and went somewhere else. But Mr.Hirai not doing what his wife told him to do. Yet he’s grabbing another slice of pancake but again Momo stopped him.

“Better think about it twice, dad. Or mom will beat you up.” Said Momo.

“HONEY!”

“I’m coming dear!”  Mina giggled at how Mr.Hirai react towards his wife. He is sure looked like a strict father and husband yet actually she’s just a fluff ball as Momo.

“I’m sorry.. my family is always that noisy.” Said Momo. Mina smiled and shook her head means she’s okay with it.

A couple a sec after that, a loud noise of suitcases being loaded was heard through out the house, meaning Mrs.Hirai is ready to leave. But Momo remain unmoved and just slicing the delicious strawberry pancake infront of her. Meanwhile, Mina seems restless didn’t know what to do. She really want to send off Mrs.Hirai but Momo didn’t Move a bit. But Mina’s concern now solved as Mrs. Hirai yelled at Momo from the front door.

“Hirai Momo you won’t sent me off?!” With a hurried steps, Momo ran to the front door and of course Mina was dragged by her.

“I’m sorry Mom. Your pancake is too delicious.” Said momo in hopes that her mom will melted a bit by her compliment. And it works as now Mrs.Hirai smiled while hugging Momo and she kissed Momo’s head.

“I’ll be going just for 3 days. Don’t go home late, don’t forget to do your homeworks, don’t forget to lock the door if your father went home late, and don’t order too many foods. Got it?” Momo sigh and nod. Again Mrs.Hirai kissed her head as she statified with momo's respond.

“I’m going to be late tonight so don’t wait me, okay kiddo?” Momo nod at her father’s remarks.

“Okay I’m going. take care Momo.” before Mrs.Hirai went out from the house, she went near Mina. She kissed Mina’s head and bid goodbye.

“See you again Mina-ya. Take care okay?” Mina a little bit startled but she smiled and nod.

But then suddenly Mr.Hirai ruffled Mina’s hair said, “Be good at the school and don’t be like her okay?” with a shocked yet dumbfounded face Mina just nod. Then the big muscle man smiled warmly and it made Mina realize that the warm smile that Momo has, is genetic.

“bye girls. Don’t be late for school!”

“Bye dad! Bye Mom!” and they left Momo and Mina in a complete silence.

Mina was still in shocked. Actually she didn’t felt that shocked when Mrs.Hirai kissed her head, since her mother still do that often to her. But the one who shocked her the most are the moment Mr.Hirai came and ruffled her head. that moment, Mina really want to cry. She never felt the warmth from a father hands, or felt a warmth from a father’s smile. This house, the hirai’s house, are a dreamland for her. a place where everything she need, every single dream she hoped, are here. Warmth, love, care, freedom, and the most important thing she found a real family in here.

.

.

.

Now it just the two of them sitting on the sofa in the living room, where momo’s favorite cartoon was played at that time. Momo with a glass of water in her hand, focused her mind on it while Mina lowered her head, thinking about something. Well they decided to relax a bit since class start like an half and an hour again. So they still have plenty of time. At first Momo didn’t realize how mina’s looked right now since she too focused on the cartoon. But like yesterday, when they ate together at the jokbal restaurant, Momo’s focused drifted to Mina easily. Usually, people have to slap her first so they win Momo attention over her favorite things. The moment she realize that right now is only the two of them in the room, there were some kind of weird feeling that tingling momo to check on Mina. So she looked to her left and saw Mina frowning with her eyes looking right and left. It’s like Mina was on a deep thought about something. But the view is quite cute and funny for Momo and it made her smile.

Momo touched the place where both mina’s eye brows met and it made Mina startled and looked to the smiley Momo. “You can have wrinkles if you always think that hard.” said Momo and Mina just smile shyly.

“What’s on your mind?” asked Momo

 

Eonni’s Family

 

“I’m sorry if we make you uncomfortable…especially my parents.” Mina shook her head hard and she shown Momo another page

 

Eonni’s parents are great. I’m not thinking something bad about your family. It just I never experience something like this before.

 

“what do you mean like this?” Mina wrote something pretty long, and when she’s done, she showed it to Momo while hiding her face behind the book.

 

Having breakfast together with a light conversations, laughing together,  fighting over food, and the way eonni’s parent treat me. I never experienced something like this.

 

Mina peeked a bit to see Momo’s expression. But because Momo didn’t say anything, it made Mina buried her face again, hiding herself from embarrassment.

At first momo kind of confused why Mina can think that way. But now Momo remember the talked that her mom told her last night.


[Flashback]

Hirai Place 20.00 PM

“Since when you’ve been close to her, Momo?” asked Mrs.Hirai

“Well.. I met her during the business association’s event a couple of week ago.” Mrs.Hirai nod her head but her serious face still plastered on her face.

“Listen Momo. Me and Mina’s Mom are a great friends. When we met, we always talked about many thing including you and Mina. And whenever Mina’s Mom told me something about Mina, although she always praising her, she always felt guilty towards her because she never be on her side when Mina needs her. in fact she’s too busy to be with Mina. Mina always do everything by her own and sometimes she stay at home alone. That girl is fragile, Momo.. But Sachiko told me that Mina never shown any sadness or disappointment towards her or Mr.Myoui. She just smile and said that she’s okay, she will do it, she can do it and others. But I know Mina has tons of hidden feelings underneath her.  You know I have a background in psychology right? I can see it through her eyes. a loneliness and emptiness are painted in those hazel eyes. So be nice to her okay?” 

“Even without you asking me, I’ll be nice to her, mom. Don’t worry.”

[end of flashback]


Momo connecting what her mom told her with what mina just told her and it made Momo smiled. Not a happy smile, but a soft and caring smile. She find it sad yet cute about mina’s thought.

‘she must be that lonely huh?’ said Momo on her head

slowly she pushed down Mina’s sketchbook out of Mina’s face and there she saw Mina being shy with her cheeks turned pink on the both side. As she saw that, Momo want to tease Mina for being too shy, but Mina’s eyes caught her attention. Even tho she hide it with her big rounded glasses, Momo can still see that Mina’s eyes are swollen. Seems like she was crying all night long. And her smile turn to be a serious concern face.

“Did something happened?” asked Momo. of course Mina confused by it. she tilted her head to the right and a frown created on her brows.

“Last night, you cried didn’t you?” Mina shook her head

 

I didn’t cried. I was doing some works until midnight so maybe that’s why my eyes look like this.

 

Momo didn’t believe it but she decided to pretend that she did. Although Momo is not really that smart, she can tell the different between a swollen eye after a sleepless night and a swollen eye after crying all night. Momo also can see the different whether someone tells a lie or not. But she choose to let it go and not asking mina more about it. Well she thought maybe Mina hasn’t trust her yet and not really comfortable enough with her so she decided to lie and hide the truth that she now that Mina was lying. So Momo just pretend that she bought the lie instead, she ruffled head and smiled at her.

“Don’t overworked yourself okay?” Mina nod.

Both of them stay silent after that. Momo focused on her cartoon again, while Mina, she’s now watching the cartoon too but her thought was somewhere else. Once or twice Momo took glance at her wanted to bring up a conversation but she had no idea what to say. But then, she finally remember about Mina’s concern a while ago. you know, about the new experience she just got while she spent her time with the Hirai.

“Mina-ya..” Momo voice grabbed Mina’s attention as now she’s looking at Momo.

“You can come here every morning if you want.” Said Momo but her eyes still glued at the TV. There’s a short silence for a moment and it made Momo threw her focus to Mina as now she saw a confused looking penguin.

“You can come here, to my house every morning before school if you want.” Mina’s eyes turned wide as Momo said that and Momo can see a spark in both Mina’s eyes. weirdly, Momo felt embarrassed and lowered her head a bit.

“B-but if you don’t have anything to do in school tho.. y-you know since you always go to school earlier then others and doing something in there.. i-I think it will be much better if you stay here. Like I mean… it’s better if you stay here and spent time with not so normal family rather then waiting alone at school. I-it’s up to you tho..” Momo didn’t really understand why she suddenly stuttered yet at first she sound so confident when the idea popped in her head. but maybe because she saw Mina’s sparkling eyes, happy wide smile and all the pretty things from Mina that she not really used to see.

Then suddenly a white paper with a question on it showed in front of Momo who’s still bending her head.

 

If I want it, won’t I bother eonni and eonni’s family?

 

As Momo’s heartbeat already normal and she can composed herself better, she smiled at Mina. “Why you always asking that kind of question whenever I offered you something? Chill Mina. We love to have you every morning here.” What Momo just said, Made Mina’s smile grew wider and a ‘thank you’ words were written on a page that Mina shown to Momo. Both of them just smile and looked at each other eyes like both of them were hypnotize by each other gaze. Momo hypnotized by the mysterious aura that Mina has, and Mina hypnotized by the warm aura momo has.

But suddenly Mina’s phone buzzed and a spark that shining all over her face dimmed as she read the message. Without an explanation to Momo, Mina just took out her laptop and turned it on.

“Work?” Mina sigh and nod.

“Okay then. Just take it easy. We still have plenty of time before school starts.”

.

.

.

.

It’s been more than 30 Minutes, even an hour past as Mina was drown into her work that her father just gave to her. Mina hate it not because she didn’t have time to rest, but because it disturb her time with momo. Although Mina just met Momo like a couple of weeks, yet she never want to lose a single time whenever they are together. When Mina still tried her best for finishing the work as fast as he can, a thud hit her right shoulder and it made her stopped to look at it. It was a sleeping Momo with a pink empty mug on her embrace. Automatically a smile curved on Mina’s face as she found her senior looked a lot younger than her and it’s cute. She want to let her sleep for awhile since it looks like Momo is lack of sleep, but now already 08:00 yet Momo still on her pajamas.

“Eonni.. Ireonayo.(eonni..wake up)"

The Moment she heard that, Momo woke up lazily. well she used to be a heavy sleeper even her mom had to use violance in order to wake her up. but a soft and angelic voice that she heard, was the one who made her wake up that fast. like the voice has somekind of magic or like a kiss that made sleeping beauty and snow white wake up from their deep sleep. yes that voice is that magical to her. "I'm sorry i overslept. i never wake up this early before.. just because my Mom want to go to japan so i woke up earlier then i should.." said Momo still rubbing her eyes to throw the sleepiness away.

"It's okay eonni. you can sleep again if you want." the same voice that woke Momo came again. It’s so clear, cute, and pretty.. she really thought it was Mina’s real voice since the voice are the only one that matched with Mina’s image. and momo’s eyes opened wide and it made momo spinned her body hardfacing mina hoping it's really Mina's voice.

“I-is that your voice earlier?” asked Momo.

“You mean, this voice?” Momo’s face turned flat as she heard the same sound came from mina’s laptop. It really disappointed her as that voice actually just one of Mina’s iSpeak voice collection.

“never mind. I’m going to prepare myself first okay.” Momo stood up and left while scratching her not so itchy head. she still confused about the voice she heard earlier.

While on the other side, Mina looked at Momo with a warm smile as she succeeded to fooled Momo and she said with her own mouth.

“Paabo~”



Author note:

Hi Hi Hi!!
I know it's shorter then the other chapter.. i'm really sorryy... 
assignment every week is really a pain... dear reader who's still in junior high, or senior high... just enjoy your life before you graduate and be a university student.. we're free.. but not from assignment and papers.. we have tons of it. or maybe it only happen in my country and my major?? oh well..
but i hope this short update still turn out good.. if there are some mixed up words, i'm reaally sorry.. 
i made this while i was soo sleepy.. 

well don't forget to leave comment below~ love you guys

And let's pray together for uri talented Thomas, GOD Jihyo's health! GWS LEADER-NIM!!
And let's support mina by showing how much we love her!!! ILY MINARIII!!

ONCE LOVE TWICE! TWICE LOVE ONCE!



Kamsahamnida~