Chapter 12

Sealed Voice

Class 3-1 JYP High, Thursday 09.05 AM

AUTHOR POV

“Morning seonsaengnim.” Said the students.

“Good morning students.” Said the teacher who was just entering the class and after hearing their teacher replied their greetings, all the students went back to sit again.

“I assumed everybody have done their hom—Oh! Look who’s here.. Hello Ms.Hirai! Long time no see!” Momo who was suddenly being called just let out her fake smile as she felt the huge sarcasm from her teacher’s words.

“It’s rare to see you in here ms.hirai. what’s got into you?” asked Mr.Ahn, Momo’s Math teacher a.k.a her arch enemy.

“I have no other choice.” Said Momo

“Good then! finally you realize.. I hope you can keep up with the lesson. Well let’s start discussing our homework. Shall we?” all the students including Momo took out their math homework but different with the other, Momo let out a huge sigh as Mr.Ahn start the lesson.

Momo decided to attend classes is not because she finally realize her obligation to study. But she must do it since she made a deal with mina yesterday. In order for Mina to keep help Momo with her ballet, Momo has to do few things. First, she only can practice after school with mina. No practice during morning classes, or during lunch break, or after lunch break, or even her regular club activity. Practicing only once a day. Second, she has to do all the homework that her teachers gave her without any exception. Third, she must attend all classes especially math and physic. The most irritating thing that mina told Momo to do, is she want momo to take notes on every lesson and she will check it.  

And now here she is, paying attention to her teacher blabbering about something that magically, she understand. Mina seldom help Momo with her studies and every single thing that Mina told her, made her understand the used to be foreign thing for her. Mr.Ahn was correcting some student explanation that they wrote on the board and momo know exactly where that student made an error. But although she understand every single word, that doesn’t mean she’ll enjoy the lesson. Boredom suddenly hit her and her eyes start to get heavy. She tried to slap her face or pinched her cheek, to keep her awake and for the sake of her promise with mina.

Suddenly there’s a paper landed on her desk and it was from nayeon. Momo opened that piece of paper and read it.

 

What’s got into you?

 

Momo sigh since she can’t really understand how people think. If she ditch classes, they will be mad and asked her reason. Now when she decided to attend the class, people questioning about the reason too. Momo then tore a piece of paper and reply to nayeon who sat beside Jihyo

 

I have to. or else Mina won’t teach me ballet anymore.

 

When Nayeon read that she quickly turned her head towards Momo gave her a shocked face and mouthed, ‘She agree to help you?’ and momo nod at it. Then Momo got another piece of paper but it wasn’t from Nayeon, Jihyo who gave it.

 

Don’t took her time too much. She’s busier than you.

 

After Momo read that, she crushed the paper into a rounded shape—like a ball and threw it to Jihyo hard. she threw it so hard until the paper went back to her again. Feeling her head was smacked by a paper, Jihyo looked to Momo with an irritated face. Momo slammed her notebook and gave her a cold face as she shown a page that been written with some words

 

SHUT UP THOMAS

 

Jihyo can only sigh. She knows that momo defeated her again. First, Momo rushed herself to Mina when rain was pouring while Jihyo just stood still, then Momo made Mina talk to her while Jihyo never can do that, Momo made Mina spare her time from works while Jihyo never want mina to abandon her works, lastly Momo made Mina do ballet again, while Jihyo can’t do a thing.

"She won again."

After that ‘secret’ conversation with nayeon and Jihyo, the boredom didn’t left Momo so she decided to doodle something on her book instead of paying attention. But again.. Mr.Ahn really ‘love’ her as he found Momo not paying any attention to the class.

“Looks like someone is bored back there.” Every student now turned their head, searching for that bored student. And when momo looked around her, she could see tons of eyes looking at her.

"That damn bald old man"

“Why don’t you come here and tell your friends how to answer the last number, Ms.Hirai?” asked Mr.Ahn. Momo stood from her chair and walked to the front of the class, and start writing her answer. After she done calculating, No one even blinking since everyone was so shock by the fact that the lazy- hirai momo could finish the hardest question from all. Even Nayeon and Jihyo shocked.

“Okay.. who’s work that you copied?” asked Mr.Ahn

“I did it by my own.”

“Don’t lie ms.Hirai. Only someone who did tons of calculation and verity kind of math problems that can figure this kind of formula. Not some lazy kid like you. So tell me the truth and I won’t reduce your points.”

“I’m not lying. A friend of mine taught me that formula. But I did the homework with my own brain.”

“Really? well who’s using the same kind formula with her?” nobody rise their hand and momo let out a sigh

“That person is not my classmate.” Said Momo

“Then who el—“

“It’s Mina.” Momo drifted her sight from mr.ahn to Jihyo and she said,

“MYOUI Mina.” She put so much stress on the Myoui word and after momo said that she and jihyo had a stare fight while nayeon just rolled her eyes, completely irritated by the way her friends react.

“The sophomore genius? Really? aren’t you embarrassed that a younger student thought you and smarter than you?” asked Mr.Ahn

“Naah.. it’s Mina we’re talking about. She’s smarter than anyone in this school.” Now Momo drifted her gaze to Mr.Ahn again and gave him a cold gaze “including you. Seon.saeng.nim.”

“O…kay I believe you.. She’s the best. Thank you for your time and go back to your desk ms.hirai.”

All the way she went back to her chair, a lot of her classmates gave her a thumbs up but Momo didn’t realize it since her eyes locked to jihyo’s. “Okay ladies, let’s continue to the next topics. Open page—“

While everyone opened their book, Jihyo who felt irritated with the way momo acted decided to talk to Momo. “What are you trying to do back there huh?” asked Jihyo who whispering but her face still looked to the board.

“Answering that bald old man question. What else.” Said momo calmly without caring that she pissed her friend.

“I know that, I’m not stupid. Beside that thing” said Jihyo

“Sorry. I don’t know what you’re talking.” said Momo. Now momo just open her book and focus her sight to her teacher. But Jihyo still not satisfied with Momo’s answer, so Jihyo ‘accidently’ dropped her pen near Momo then she pretend to grab it, but she didn’t took it and just said “Stop it while I still consider you as my friend.”

Momo lower her body near to jihyo, took her pen and said, “Oh you still consider me as one? Well, as far as I know, friend never ask their friend to leave someone who really important to them.”

“Since when she’s been someone important in your life?”

“Since the day we met. Listen you damn Thomas. If you want to get closer to her because you love her, have it your way. I don’t care. But I won’t leave her.”

“And how am I supposed to do that when you always 24/7 with her dimwit!” Jihyo said half whispering.

“what the hell you just ca—“

“Ekhm.. something wrong back there? Ms.Hirai? ms.Park?” asked Mr.ahn and it made both of them quickly sat back to their own chair.

“Nothing sir. I dropped my pen but she refuse to give it back.” Said Jihyo

“I don’t have to tell you what to do.. right, Ms.Hirai?” Momo let out a sigh and threw Jihyo pen back to her.

“Good let’s focus on the lesson, shall we?”

The lesson continued again but when Mr.Ahn facing the board, Momo whispered something again to Jihyo. “Whatever happen I won’t leave her. and you know how stubborn I am.” before Jihyo want to reply it, Nayeon said, “Just shut up you two and let me focus on the lesson.”

.

.

.

*DING DONG DENG DONG* *DING DONG DENG DONG*

After few lessons they took, finally the bell for lunch break ringing and all of them felt so much relieved. Some of them scattered out the class to buy their lunch, and there also some people like Nayeon and Jihyo who took out their own lunch box and eat in the class. Apperently, Momo are just like the other student whom stood up and ready to eat outside.

“Yah where are you going? practice?” asked Nayeon

“Nope. VGC room.” Said Momo but then she put her face closer to jihyo, gave her a sharp glare and said, “Having lunch with my dearest friend, MINA!” said Momo and it trigged Jihyo a lot

“Are you trying to make me mad?” Momo let out a smirk and said, “Aren’t you already maaad~ enough?” the moment she said ‘mad’ she’s circling her index finger beside her head. indicating the ‘mad’ word as crazy not angry

“because if you’re still sane enough, you won’t ask me to leave someone that really special for me.” After Momo said that, she dash out of the class leaving the angry Jihyo and irritated Nayeon

“Let’s just eat.” Said Nayeon to Jihyo. Now both of them eating their lunch while Jihyo finally can control her emotion. Her mother foods actually the one who turn down the fire inside her and now she forget about the provocation that Momo just did.

But a few moment later, the silence between the two was interrupted by nayeon.

“Why you asked her to do something like that? It’s not like you.” asked Nayeon

 “I don’t want to discuss about this Nayeon.”

“Well… I don’t care. I need explanation.” Said Nayeon and it made Jihyo released a heavy sigh.

“I’m just scared that’s all.”

“scared?” Jihyo nod, “I never see mina being so attach to someone even she’s not as close as that with sana. And and don’t you see how momo can ‘tamed’ the stubborn queen blackswan?? I’m just afraid that..that all my effort will be useless.”

“So you asked momo to leave mina because of that?” Jihyo sigh and nod

“Yeah.. and I also kind of.. Envied their closeness.” 

“you mean jealous?”

“w-well… kinda..”

Now nayeon the one who let out a heavy sigh, “Oh come on Jihyo. I thought you’re smarter than that.”

“I can’t help it tho…. Momo always 24/7 with her and every time I tried to ask mina to hangout after school, she will said that she’s going somewhere with momo. How am I supposed to get closer to her when I can’t even reach her. And yesterday she said that Mina talk to her normally… even she never do that to us right? so.. yeah.. I kind of scared, envy and.. jealous?”

“And asked her to leave Mina is not the right thing.”

“I know.. I know.. I was wrong. Sorry.”

“I don’t need your apologize. Tell that to Momo and clear things up with her. it’s hard for me you know when both of you fighting like this.”

Jihyo sigh and said, “I’ll try.”

“Promise?” Jihyo nod.

“Good. Now let’s finish our lunch..”


Thursday After school, a week after that

It’s been a week since Momo practice ballet with Mina. every noon, after they done with their thing in school, they always went to Mina’s studio and practice there. Although Mina just perfecting momo’s flaws, It’s still really tiring for her since mina is really a perfectionist person. But Momo didn’t complained since she really need a teacher like her. A teacher who is perfectionist, strict, but still teach her with care and patiently. Totally different with her dance coach who just order her to do this and that without showing or even teach her how. Although Mina never show the move with her doing the choreography, Momo still gets what Mina meant since sometime mina made momo paused her move and fixing her position or her gesture.

Basically Momo’s going to do group choreography, but since she’s the ace of the group, her coach wanted her to have a solo dance which is crazy since ballet is not her thing. and then being labeled as the club ace and dancing machine, is really a burden to her. So those things made her practice harder and tried to make everything perfect as she doesn’t want to disappoint her coach and her teammates. Momo is such a hardworking person especially in dancing, just practicing once a day it’s not enough for her. for these past 7 days, without Mina knowing, she will practicing again by herself in her sister room—which is always empty and the space is quite big. She even asked her parents to keep it a secret to mina or else Mina won’t help her anymore and she might lose the competition. And magically, her parents agreed just like that.

But momo is just a human. Although she ate a lot and rest a lot too, she still has her limit and probably she’s getting near of it since now Momo just laying herself on the sofa, watching Jeongyeon and chaeyoung playing Mario kart together. Oh yes. Right now Momo is in VGC room, waiting for Mina to finish her work and practicing together again. She tried so hard to keep herself awake but her eyes is just too heavy. Since she has to take notes on every lesson that she must attend, she doesn’t have time to ditch classes and had her good rest. So hardcore practicing plus attending and stay awake in all classes really momo’s stamina a lot. She then finally closed her eyes and went to deep slumber. Even the loud noise from jeongyeon and chaeyoung didn’t bother her.

Meanwhile, Mina tried to finish her work as fast as she can since she doesn’t want to make momo skip her practice. She keeping her focus mode with big bang song banging in her ears. She might look calm, but her taste in music is wide. From a calm music like classical song, until a fun dance songs. But it still made her focus tho.. Once Mina focus on one thing, nothing can disturb her concentration.

When Mina felt a little bit tired, she paused her work for a bit and took a breath. She let out her focusing mode and just observing what happened in her club room. Her friends are busy with their own thing but then Mina gaze stopped at a raccoon who sleep on the corner of the sofa with slightly opened. Mina smiled softly and said in her head

"You really worked hard eonni…"

As she saw how tired momo looks, she felt a little bit sorry and worried. Momo looked a little bit pale and mina thought that maybe she pushed momo to hard especially in studies.. so after seeing that she decided to give momo a holiday from practice today and just force her to rest. After she made up her mind, she focusing herself again to her work so she can quickly finish it and made Momo rest comfortably in her own house.

*Sound of thunder*

But it’s not mina’s luck since the sound of thunder following with a hard sound of pouring rain went through Mina’s ear and distract her. Mina flinched when she heard that. Although Momo helped her a lot with countering her trauma, she still indeed scared with it and the memories keep repeating.

"Come on.. good memories… only think about good memories mina.."

When the thunder strike, none of the VGC member who aware about that beside Sana. Dahyun slept on chaeyoung’s lap like a dead person, jeongyeon and chaeyoung too immerse to the game they’re playing. Different with sana who soon after she heard the thunder strike, she quickly put down her phone and looked to Mina as she worried about her friend condition since rain pouring hard. Mina was closing her eyes, with both her hands covering her ears and her breath panting hard. Just when Sana want to rush herself to Mina, someone walked sloppily to Mina, dragged a chair and sit beside Mina. when she arrived beside mina, she just sat on the chair and laid her head on Mina’s shoulder.

“No need to be scared, mina.” sana was shocked when that person, whom none other than Momo, just saying that simple thing drowsily and it made mina slowly turn to normal again. she’s stop panicking and her breath start to normal again. This is totally something new for Sana. She’s been friends with Mina since junior high and she always helpless whenever rain comes and mina being scared of it. Now, seeing someone finally can help mina calm down that easily, Sana felt relieves. She then decided to move her position near the other member and inform her about Mina’s upgraded condition.

“Guys. Look at Mina.” said sana

“We’re busy eonni.” said Chaeyoug.

“ugh you guys are hopeless.. Dahyun-ah wake up wake up.” She only got a whine from dahyun.

“Oh come on guys.. this is the first time I saw someone can make mina calm during the rain.”

“ei she always can handle it if there’s many people around her.” said Jeongyeon

“gosh I don’t know why I agree to choose you as our leader.. she always pretend that she’s okay she doesn’t want any of us worried about her okay. but now look! She’s different! just look for a sec.” Jeongyeon then angrily paused the game and looked to Mina followed by chaeyoung and the just-woke-up dahyun.

The moment they saw Mina’s desk, their mouth turn agape as they’re surprise that Mina was just doing her work, smiling all the way and momo on her left shoulder.

“Probably the earphone?”

“No. Mina was scared earlier. But then out of the sudden Momo came and made her calm.”

“don’t tell me.. perhaps mina..” Sana gave Jeongyeon a smile, “Maybe. Nobody knows.”

Few Minutes after that, Mina finally done her work and she already sent it to her father to. just before Mina want to wake Momo up, she smiled and let out a small chuckled as Momo sleeping face is somehow hilarious but it also cute. but then suddenly Mina felt an uncomfortable feeling from pairs of eyes staring at her and it made her drifted her sight from her left, to her front. And there she saw all her club mates was staring at her with a smirk. Even dahyun who was sleeping also did that

“What?” asked mina with her iSpeak

“Noothiinn~” said all of them in unison

“Then why you guys gave me that look?” Those quartet just look at each other and then said, “Noothiin~” after that they just laugh and continued what they were doing.

Mina only shook her head disbelief with her friends and then decided to wake momo. Mina changed the voice in iSpeak to her own voice and type something

“Eonni… ireonaa.” After that, Momo’s eyes suddenly opened and as she saw Mina smiling next to her, Momo’s pabo grin appeared.

 “You’ve done your works?” Mina nods.

“Good.. then let’s go to your stu—“

“How about we take a break. Just for today?”

“You wanna go somewhere?” Mina shook her head.

“You need to rest eonni.” Momo still with her drowsy eyes said

“Naah.. I’m okay. I don—“

“You. Need. it.” typed Mina and she also gave a glare to Momo. but momo just smiled and she pinched Mina’s nose

“You can’t intimidate me with that kind of voice and glare tho~ too cute for me~” said Momo

Mina then pout as she pissed at how momo react. “Then I won’t help you anymore.”

Hearing this, Momo then start to panic. “Wow! Arasseoh arasseoh! We go straight home.” Said Momo.

Mina then smiled widely, “Glad to hear that.” Said her

Momo let out a sigh and said, “Anything for you, my all mighty queen blackswan.” Mina hit her slow and it made momo let out a chuckled.

“sooo sweet..” Momo and Mina slowly turned her head to their front and there were pairs of eyes and a tease full smile while they doing the flower pose, looking straight in to both of them.

“What’s wrong with you guys?” asked Momo. the quartet again, switching glance and said, “Nothiiiin~” then they back doing their previous activities.

“Your club sure full of weirdo..” said Momo

 “let them be.. Come on eonni. let’s pack our things.” said Mina

“Gave me a minute okay.. my soul still scatter around this room..” mina chuckled at that

“sleppy-head.”


C Building front lobby, 16.30 PM

HIRAI MOMO POV

Now both mina and I stuck in the front lobby because of the rain pouring hard again. a moment ago I saw it already calm a bit but when we walked here, the rain start pouring hard again. plus, none of us brought umbrella well I brought tho.. but I left it in my car. I could just ran to my car and took it, but leaving mina by herself while rain still pouring is a big no no. so here we are. just sat silently, looking at the empty garden in front of us.

Since it was so quiet and it only the two of us sit there, suddenly a thought of what jihyo said to me yesterday popped in my head. well she tried to apologize to me but she end up making me thinking about something complicated.

[FLASH BACK]

AUTHOR POV

“Momo can I talk to you for a bit?”

“what? who else you want me to leave now?”

“Gee Mo, no need to be that salty.” Momo just rolled her eyes.

“I Know I was wrong. Sorry.” Said Jihyo, “I was scared and jealous over your closeness with Mina. I know it was childish but..yeah I’m sorry.”

“You don’t need to be jealous. Mina and I just a friend. A special one tho.”

“So if I confessed to her, you’re okay with that?” hearing that question, Momo’s brain turned blank as those words just roaming in her brain without any way to solve it. Jihyo who saw Momo’s expression, understand very much that her friend is nervous and really don’t know what to say. So Jihyo let out a sigh and she turned serious again.

“You still haven’t make up your mind huh? about your feelings toward her?” Momo just looked somewhere else while she scratching her not so itchy neck.

“if you don’t love her, then don’t act like you are.”

“what do you mean by that?”

“Hhh..well.. you know.. you always stick to her, protecting her, being all sweet to her, and everything that makes people think that you’re in love with her.”

“W-well… i-I just trying to be her friend—getting close to her and..y-you know.. trying to be nice?”

“Being too nice sometimes can hurt people too Momo.”

“H-how? It’s impossible.”

“Because it can make people think something the opposite. Example, you being close too mina just because you’re trying to be nice. But then.. Mina think differently. she thought that you being overly care to her because you love her. then she confessed to you but then you say ‘I’m sorry but I just trying to be nice friend.’ Won’t it hurt her?” Momo nod slowly.

“But it doesn’t mean she loves me… right?”

“Who knows.. but the thing is.. Don’t get too close to her since you still haven’t make up your feelings. I just don’t want mina to experience something hurtful like that.”

“Then.. what should I do? I don’t know what to do..”

“Figure it out yourself. I don’t want to help you. But I want you to think this by yourself. What do you want Mina to be in your life? Just a best friends, or more than that?” Momo just gave Jihyo a blank stare

“well. I have to go to the principle office. You better hurry make up your mind. Before I claim her as mine.” Jihyo ruffling Momo’s head and said, “See you tomorrow.”

[Flash back end]

HIRAI MOMO POV

What do I want Mina to be in my life?

I sifted my sight from the garden, to Mina and just looking at her face. Maybe by observing her I can find the answer. She was just sit there looking to the empty garden without doing anything. She’s pretty. There’s no doubt about that. she’s also cute, tho sometimes she can be scary too but.. everything about mina’s visual is just top class. Her brain too.

But she’s not perfect.. she’s stubborn as hell, too rational, think a lot, and the biggest flaws she has is her family issues and how fragile her heart is. But it doesn’t mean she’s bad or something.. it just.. make me want to stay by her side more. make me want to protect her. at first I just want to be her friend but.. I don’t know.. as times goes by… I started to become selfish as I only want mina to speak only to me, hang out only with me, even I wanna be the only one who know mina’s secrets.. does this mean.. I’m in love with her?

Mina suddenly reach out her hand to play with the water that came down. it really surprised me since mina finally showing improvement on dealing with her trauma. The way she tried to look up and she closed her eyes since the water hit her eyes, the way her gummy smiled appeared when she realized her silliness. It made me automatically smile.. god.. something definitely not right here.. or maybe.. maybe … maybe I’m in love with her? oh I don’t know.. but I thi—

*SPLAT*

A sudden coldness that landed on my face made me wake up from my deep thought. I wiped it off my face and now I’m looking to an overly excited penguin who gave me such a cute gummy smile. I of course returned her action and it made her squealed like a happy dolphin. We keep attacking each other until Mina decided to give up

“Eonni! eonni stop! I’m sorry” said Mina and I just stop and threw a victorious grin. Nobody can beat me in this kind of thing hahaha

“It seems you’re not scared of rain anymore. since you even dare to do this kind of thing to me.” I said

“I’m still scared tho.. you saw me trembling right.. back in the club.” I just nod at her remarks

“But I think I know how to redeem my fear.”

“Oh really? that’s an improvement. How?”

“By stay near eonni’s side.” and she just lowered her head and there’s a small smile carved on her face.

*thump thump* 

“You told me that everything’s going to be okay if i stay beside you.. so I believe that and somehow.. it gave me strength.” Suddenly she looked at me with her warm smile and said, “Thank you very much. Momo eonni.” I felt my face is burning red after that. I never predict this kind of thing will be brought up.. and that smile.. god!

“T-then.. let’s try to wipe out those fear out of your brain.” I said. Act so tough but actually I’m hiding all the embarrassment deep down. Mina looked confused since what I said was indeed a spontaneous and absurd thing.

“Come on. Let’s play and create some good memories.” I said

“In the rain?” I nod

“No way.” She said

“Ah waee? Last time you enjoy it right?”

“yes I did. But eonni’s competition is near.. you might get cold if you do this.”

“Naah~ I’ll be okay.” she just shook her head and move herself away from me. giving me her back

“Come ooon~ I’ll be okay! you don’t have to woo—“

*SPLASH*

Apparently.. when that kid gave her back to me, she was secretly collecting the raindrops in her hand and splashed it to me. the amount is more than the first time. I gave her a glare and there comes the childish Mina. she stick out her tongue and said,

“meeeroong~”

“Oh you’re so done Myoui Mina!” And there.. we were running around school garden, in the pouring rain. I was laughing and so do her. although she tried not to speak anything since she knows that people might hear her..

“YAH come here you sneaky penguin!” again she sticking out her tongue at me.

Seeing her smiling as bright as that.. I’m happy.. and this is fun.. Every time with her is always fun. The way she laugh, the way she smile, the way she finally enjoy playing under the rain she afraid the most.. I don’t know why but I like everything about it. it’s not just like a proud friend.. it more like.. Relive? No.. It’s more than that.. like.. like It also makes me happy to see her enjoy this moment. Is this.. is this how people fell in love? Or this is just a feeling of people who want to be nice to other people?

“Gotcha!” I finally got her from the back and she’s start apologizing soon after that since she knows that probably I’m going to showering her with tons of tickles. But I don’t know why I feel so exhausted just for a few times running and I end up only hugging her without repaying what she’s done to me. Every time I hug her, I don’t know.. it’s like every problem that I have vanished. Her scent is soo sweet that it will always calm me down, her warmth always makes me comfortable.. I don’t know I just feel soo right hugging her like this. does this mean I love her? but it can’t be right? friends hugs each other to.. right?

While I was still in deep thought, she suddenly turned herself to face me and without a warning, she hugged me tight. “Thank you for giving me such a big strength.. eonni.”

*thump thump*

Oh god oh god please don’t let her feel my over-speeding heartbeat! I don’t know why I act this way but.. this is too sudden and I’m not ready for this.

“W-well.. thank you too.. for allowing me to enter your world, Mina.” she break her hug and looked me in the eye and gave me a smile.

“YAH HIRAI MOMO!” Ugh.. what a boomer.. I search where the sound source is and it apparently came from 3rd floor of C building. It’s Nayeon who perhaps supervising some club. 

“YOUR COMPETITION GETTING NEARER! WHY THE HELL YOU’RE PLAYING IN THE RAIN RIGHT NOW!”

“I JUST WANNA!” I yelled.

“STOP BEING AN IDIOT AND JUST GO HOME!” Then she closed the window roughly and leaving me and mina in a weird situation.

“Nayeon eonni is right. come on we have to go home eonni.” she said as she walked back to the lobby to take her things and I just following her from behind. After that we went straight home.

Oh well I don’t have to rush myself to find the answer. Let’s figure this feeling nice and slow. Yea..

AUTHOR POV

While Mina and Momo were enjoying their time earlier, they don’t realize that there’s a certain person who was watching over them from a far. That person only can stare while she tried her best to conceal the pain in her heart. And that person is none other than the student council president, Park Jihyo.

Jihyo was witnessing everything. She was alone in her student council room, looking at how Momo can magically makes mina play in the rain she scared the most and even made mina laughin and smiling big like that. This is just too much for her. she’s not blaming at Momo who took her crush. But she just blaming to herself that she never has any courage to approach mina, to reach mina. eventho she knows that mina really need someone who want to reach her without considering other things. Jihyo can’t do that. She’ll never can do that.

“It’s hurt huh?” Jihyo jolted as suddenly someone stood beside her and said that thing

“oh god! Yerin! You surprised me!” Yerin just smiled. “You looked really painful seeing them. You like her don’t you?” Hearing that Jihyo went back to sit on her chair, pretend to tidying her messy desk and said,

“n-no! no.. I don’t like anyone.. why suddenly asking me this. jeez yerin you’re weird.” Jihyo acted nervously as her secret almost uncovered.

“You can’t lie to me Jihyo. I know exactly that kind of stare. That painful stare.”

“Wh-what? pssh.. please I’m oka—“

“Because I’ve been staring at you with that kind of gaze every day.” Jihyo looked up and saw Yerin looking at her with a really serious face.

“See? you don't even notice that I love you.” Jihyo was really shocked since she never even notice that her own secretary that always ready to help her, actually the one who love her.

“I-I’m sorry… I never notice..” said Jihyo. Yerin then gave a smile.

“well yea of course. you are totally over heels on that girl. How can you even notice my feelings.” Jihyo lowered her face, totally feeling guilty. Yerin must be hurt badly all this time.

“B-but yerin I think I ca—“

“I know. you love somebody else. I know. I’m just saying that so you don’t feel useless because you can’t win over the girl you love. I just want you to know that even she didn’t notice you, you’re everything in my world. So yea.. hahaha.. gosh I’m saying an embarrassing thing…”

 “T-thank you yerin.. it means a lot” Said Jihyo and yerin smiled.

“It’s nothing.. well. I gotta go back to principle office to talk about few things.” and after that Yerin walked to the door but before she opened it, she turn around and saying something that made Jihyo got a mixed feeling.

“You know. I love you as much as you love her. no matter what happen, I won’t give up on you. I promise you that. But at least give me a chance okay? well see you tomorrow.” And then she went out.

Sometimes Yerin can be a super shy girl, sometimes yerin can be a serious girl, sometimes she can be a dorky girl too. But seeing yerin as someone as blunt as this, is the first time for Jihyo and somehow.. it made her feel really bad and guilty

"I’m really sorry Yerin…."


Hirai Residence Friday, 06.35 AM

*TING NUNG*

After the bell rang, a fast footstep was heard and it won’t need much time for the door to be opened.

“Mina! Good morning.” Mina bowed to Mr.Hirai and greeted him back.

“Good morning Uncle. You’re not going to work?” Typed her since she saw Mr.Hirai not wearing his office attire and just wearing casual clothes.

“Oh yes. Me and my wife going to japan there’s a lunch meeting with my business partner and dinner with hana fiance’s family.” Mina just nod

“Does Momo eonni already wake up?”

“Ah.. about her… she actually can’t go to school today. She got a fever and her body is really burning.”

 “She got a fever?” Mr.Hirai nod and he said, “She’s working herself too hard lately. Both in dancing and studying so no wonder her body hit her limit now.” Hearing that Mina bowed to mr.hirai since she felt really sorry for causing this.

“I’m really sorry uncle. Maybe I’m pushing her too hard with practices and studies.” Said Mina.

“Oh no no! it’s not your fault Mina. She’s the one who pushed herself to hard. you see, Every night when I was just got back from work, I would see her practicing in Hana’s room. And yesterday, my wife said that momo went home totally soaked from rain and after she took a shower, Momo just straight to her room and sleep without eating her dinner.. so it’s not your fault, Mina. Relax..”

“I’m sorry  I shouldn’t played in the rain with her yesterday..”

“hey it’s okay it’s not your fault. That kid won’t get sick by only playing in the rain once. She got the fever since her condition wasn’t good.”

"And playing in the rain make it worst."

 “Can I come and see eonni’s condition?” asked Mina

“Oh sure sure. Come on in.” Then both Mr.Hirai and Mina went in and walked to Momo’s room.

When Mina entered Momo’s room, she could see Mrs.Hirai was sitting on Momo’s bed and stuck in her tight hug. Momo just snuggled her face on her mom waist while Mrs.Hirai caressing her hair.

“Honey I need to go.” said Mr.Hirai and it just made momo’s hug tighter.

“Come on Momorin…I’m sorry I have to leave you when you’re sick but I have no other choice.”

“aaang…Kajimaaa…” whined Momo. Mina could hear how hoarse and week momo’s voice is. It made her more worried of Momo’s condition.

 “But I have to attend the business meeting and your sister fiancé family inviting us in a dinner.. it’s also important. Come on you’re not a kid anymore darling.”

“I’m your daughter too! I’m important too!” Said Momo in a really child-like way of talk.

“Then what should I do? I promised to your sister to come.. I can’t split myself in to two right?”

“Aaaang kajimaaa.” Again Momo whined and it made Mina slightly surprised at how spoiled momo is.

“It’s one of her habit when she feel sick. Being a spoiled kid like that. She’ll be clingier, more demanding, more childish and she’ll tell everything she feels. It’s really a nuisance habit of her.” Whispered Mr.Hirai to Mina. Mr.Hirai then stepped in to momo’s room, went near her bed and said, “Aigoo.. my little daughter must be really sick.” he caressed momo’s hair with a smile on his face. Mina who witnessing this moment, felt amazed and really touch at how the hirai interact with each other. The warmness, the affections.. Mina never felt that.. mina never felt that much care from her parents. Especially her father.

“I don’t want both of you to go..”

“If you let me go, I’ll buy you many delicious snacks from japan. How about that?” said Mrs.Hirai.

“Aaa.. I don’t wanna!”

*cough cough*

“Don’t screaming like that. Your throat will hurt momo.” said Mr.Hirai

“I just want mom and dad here with mee…” whined Momo. Seeing every words and persuasion that Mr. and Mrs. Hirai told to Momo are failed, mina then closed her laptop—put it in her bag again, after that she walked towards the hirai and squatted down beside Mr.Hirai which straight looking into momo’s face. Momo looked so pale yet her nose and face is quite red, plus the fever patch on her forehead, and runny nose made Mina shocked and worried at the same time.

“We will lose the flight at this point.” Mumbled Mr.Hirai but mina can hear it. then suddenly mina did something that made both Mr. and Mrs.Hirai shocked.

“They need to go eonni. don’t hold them.” Mina just said that with her own mouth, with her own voice and it made both hirai senior surprised with mina’s angelic voice. Momo opened her eyes—looked to Mina but her arms still locking her mom’s waist.

“I just don’t want to be alone. I’m not feeling well. No one will give me food when I’m hungry if I’m all alone in here.”

“I will. I’ll stay here, accompany eonni, help eonni when eonni need it, and I’ll cook something delicious for eonni too. But I’ll do it if eonni okay about it.” said Mina

“Are you sure? You won’t leave me?” Mina smiled and nod. Then suddenly Momo let go her hug from her mom and switched to mina. Again, Mr. and Mrs. Hirai surprised how Mina can easily change momo’s mind.

“Minari is the best~” said Momo as she squeezed her cheek with mina’s and it made mina took off her glasses since she afraid it will hurt Momo. “Thank you Minari~” said Momo and mina just let out a small giggle. Both Mr and mrs hirai threw each other a look and smirk after seeing how these two teenager act. But then since they have plane to catch, they decided to bid a goodbye and save the tease for later.

“well we’ll leaving then. It’s okay right momo?” momo just nod with a wide smile while her cheek still stick on Mina’s. Mrs hirai just scoff disbelief at her daughter childishness.

“Okay then.. Mina, I’m sorry you have to stuck with this spoiled kid.. Just do everything you want here, okay. you can also take some comfortable clothes from Momo’s cupboard if you want. And oh! There are plenty of ingredients in the refrigerator and you can use anything you need there.” Now mina the one who nod. Mrs hirai then kissed both Mina and momo’s vacant cheek and then Mr. hirai patted their head and bid goodbye too

“Thank you for doing this Mina. You really are such a sweet girl.” Mina smiled at it. “And you ms.momorin don’t trouble her so much and rest well so you can win the competition this Sunday. Okay kiddo?” after that Momo let go her hug from mina and hugged her father.

“Bring me tons of snacks okay daddy?” Said momo with her husky voice.

“of course kiddo. Now you have to rest.” Momo then let go her father and laid herself on her bed.

After that both Mr and Mrs hirai walked out but before they left, Mrs.Hirai said, “Mina, after we went back from japan, let’s have a decent conversation okay? I’m happy that you can finally brave yourself to speak normally.” Mrs hirai threw a smile and it made Mina smiled too.

“Have a save trip, Auntie, Uncle.” Said Mina after she gave a bow. “Byee take care okay?” then both Mrs. And Mr. hirai left Mina and momo.

.

.

.

While Momo was still sleeping, Mina who already wear Momo’s t-shirt and short just sat on the carpet near Momo’s bed with her back laid on the side of the bed and she’s busy with her phone. But momo’s sleep was disturbed by the loud sound from mina’s ringing phone. Momo then peeked on Mina’s phone since she’s curious about what made mina phone so busy. When she saw the person who keep texting mina, Momo snatched Mina’s phone from her, hide it under her embrace and pretend to sleep.

“Oh? Eonni.. why you took my phone?” asked mina. but momo just stay silent and hold mina’s phone tight.

“Eonnii.. give it back please.. I have to reply the message.” Said Mina

“No! stop texting with jihyo!” said momo

“W-why?”

“I don’t like it.”

“why? jihyo eonni is my friend, and she’s eonni’s friend too..”

“You will fall for her if you keep texting with her since jihyo is kind, funny, smart, reliable.  If you fall for her then I can’t hang out with you anymore or drive you home anymore or—“ Mina patted Momo’s head and said, “You really need to rest eonni.” Momo just gave mina a pout and not showing any sign of giving her phone back. Mina finds it cute tho the way Momo act.

“I’m just telling Jihyo eonni that eonni is sick. Nothing more.”

“really?” mina smiled and nod. Momo then gave back Mina’s phone and after that Mina typed something really quick when she done, she pressed the send button.

“Done?” asked Momo. Mina nod and after that she patted Momo’s head and said. “Just go back to sleep again eonni. you need to get well really soon.” Suddenly Momo rolled her body to the other side of her vacant bed and she patted the used to be her position. “Then sleep here with me.”

Mina face immediately turned red at momo’s sudden request. “i-I’m not sleepy..” said Mina. Momo then let out a whine “I can’t sleep… come on minari..” and it made Mina gave in. as soon as mina laid her back on momo’s bed, she greeted by Momo’s hug. Although Momo’s body temperature now still burning and made mina slightly feeling hot, Mina endured it since she feel guilty about momo condition right now.

“You’re burning eonni. I’m sorry I shouldn’t agree to play in the rain with you yesterday..” said Mina

“It’s not your fault. I’m the one who secretly practice by my own. Now I understand why you only want me to practice once a day.” Said Momo with her eyes closed.

“But still.. if we don’t play in the rain you won’t be in this kind of situation.” Said Mina again

Momo snuggled herself more closer to mina and said, “You worried too much mina. I’m going to be okay... Beside I’ve got my medicine and all I need just a good sleep. This will end soon”

“Auntie has gave you some?” momo shook her head and she snuggled mina more and said

“You are my medicine.” And then Momo left Mina flustered all by herself. She already fell asleep after she said that. Meanwhile mina’s heartbeat was beating crazily and her face was burning red until the point she also think that she got a fever.

This is also one of momo’s habit when she’s sick—very sick to be exact. She will tell everything she feels, everything she want and you can say it’s the moment where Momo being the most honest person on earth. If she’s not sick, she will pretend that she’s fine with the fact that her parents left her by herself. but when she sick, she can’t hide it. she can’t hide anything actually. and saying something like that to mina, it’s just the beginning of the most honest state of momo.



AUTHOR NOTES:

HAHAHAHA I'M BACK!!! 
But im sorry guys this chapter is not really that special.. 
i decided to insert the intresting moment in next chapter i promise. And since i update really late (like usual) i write this chapter longer then before!
i hope you guys enjoy it and not bored at this long update kekeke...

Well don't forget to upvote, subscribe, and leave comment below!!! 
love you my dearest readers~




kamsahamnida~