Chapter 24 (Part 2)

Sealed Voice

Seoul General Hospital, 2 days after that

AUTHOR POV

It’s been two days since mina diagnosed having a coma. And it’s been 2 days since momo sleep at the hospital. Momo never leave mina’s side. She stayed beside mina for the entire day and night, just sat there, looking at the unconscious girl. On the first day, Momo wasn’t alone there, Mrs. Myoui still there but today, Momo completely alone at the room since Mrs.Myoui flew to Japan and administrating her divorce with her husband. Momo glad that ms.myoui not here now since she doesn’t have to pretend that she’s okay.

Anyone can see tiredness on momo’s eyes. dark circle underneath and they looked puffy. It’s hard for momo to catch some sleep. every night she just sat near mina, looking at her but no sleepiness came and it makes her awake for the entire night. Don’t know how she can do that but her brain just made her stay awake for the entire night. Maybe she would fall asleep. But it’s due to exhaustion and it’s not because of her own will. Yet one or two hours after that she’s awake again. So currently, momo ain’t in her best condition at all. Physically and mentally.

It’s nearly 09.00 AM and momo just skipped school. Again. She doesn’t care the fact that she’s a senior and should’ve go to school since the final exam is happening in few months ahead. She even forget her promise to mina that she’ll never skip classes. But all she cares now, is mina. be there beside her 24/7 and trying to redeem her mistakes. Mistakes that she can’t protect mina from harm.

Just then, doctor lee and a nurse came in, to do some daily checkup. But again, momo didn’t even realize his arrival until he nearly touch mina. it was clearly he wanted to examine mina’s condition but momo become too protective over mina and quickly grabbed doctor lee’s wrist.

 

“What the hell are you doing?” asked Momo with a really sharp and cold gaze. She didn’t even realize that he is a doctor. Meanwhile, Doctor Lee gave a warm smile when he saw momo act like that.

“Miss momo, I’m just checking her condition. Like usual.” And with that word momo seems like awake and realized what she just did upon her own reflect. She then give a big bow to doctor lee, showing her apology

“I’m sorry doctor.. I jus—” said Momo

“It’s okay. I understand.” Said Doctor lee while he keep examining mina.

 

Momo just sat there and wait for the daily checkup to finish. She’s hoping that there is at least a progress and a good news about mina’s condition. Because if there’s not even one good news, she won’t stop cursing her own self like what she did for these past days.

After he finished, Doctor lee then explain everything to momo. Although he still said that he still can’t predict when Mina will wake up, but he said that mina’s condition is stable so he told momo to hope for the best so mina can wake up as soon as possible. after he make sure momo knows all the detail, doctor lee and the nurse went out, leaving momo in a total silence again.

 

“if your condition is good, why you’re still asleep, mina?”

.

.

16.30PM

*Knock Knock*

The sound of knock woke momo who was without even she realized asleep since few hours ago. She looked towards the door and there stood her friends. Sana, dahyun, Jihyo, and Tzuyu.

 

“Oh god.. sorry momo we woke you up.” Said Sana.

“No it’s okay.. come in.” and the rest of the girls came inside. All of them of course wearing school uniform since they were just back from school.As the girls came in, momo sat on the sofa. Gave them space for seeing mina

 

“Mina we’re here again.” said Sana

“Don’t worry, we finished our new game. And like what you said, we might win again!” said Dahyun.

 

While Sana and dahyun talked with the sleeping mina, Jihyo and Tzuyu just sat on the sofa.

 

“How is she?” asked Jihyo

“Same as yesterday.” said momo

“And how are you, eonni?”

“Same as yesterday.”

 

seeing how momo react, Tzuyu and Jihyo looked at each other. They sure worried about their friends condition and they know how she’s suffering. But one thing they sure know and believe, momo can’t keep being like this. there’s life that she has to keep living in and staying sad and miserable like this. But before they talked, Jeongyeon, nayeon, and chaeyoung intrude the room and shocked everyone.

 

“WE CAME WITH CHICKEN!!” Said Jeongyeon

“Whooow let’s party!” screamed Chaeyoung and that made all of them rounded on the sofa and jeongyeon put the chicken on the coffee table.

“Come on let’s eat.” Said Nayeon.

“You too momo.”

“Nah I’m good.”

“Come on.. you have to eat okay.”

“Fine..”

 

And those girls eat while chitchatting, creating ruckus like they usually do. But to be honest, momo knows that they planning something because well.. they came earlier than they usually do, and momo caught the senior trio throwing glances to each other like sending signs, and they brought chicken.

 

“is there anything you guys wanna talk about?” asked Momo

“Well yes. it’s about you skipping school.” Said Nayeon.

“I just skipped for two days.”

“you’ll do it again tomorrow right?” asked Tzuyu and since it’s right, momo just keep silence.

 

“Momo.. we’re going to graduate soon.. you need to study.” Said Nayeon

“Final exam is still many months ahead.”

“And you want to stay here until the exam is near?” asked Jihyo

“I’ll stay here until she wakes up.”

“when momo. when will she wake up?” Jihyo’s question of course trigged momo’s temper. She gave Jihyo a sharp glare and said

“Don’t you ever talk something like that.”

“I’m just asking. Because no one knows when she’ll wake up. What if until the final exam happened she still not wake up? You’ll stay here? What if it takes a year? You still want to stay he—“

“Do you think I have other choice! She’s like this because of me!”

“Why you keep thinking like that!! ugh.. you know what I had enough debating this with you who’s so stubborn with that kind of thinking.  Sana, just give her the letter.”

 

After Sana remerging her bag, she took out a purple envelope with ‘to: momo eonni’ written on it. Momo took the envelope from Sana but her anger still there.

 

“dim down your anger for a second… We found that letter in mina’s room while we tried to track her and looking for clues. Just read it.” said Nayeon

 

 

Momo then opened the enveloped and read the letter that written on top of a pink paper.

 

Dear Momo eonni.

Hi? :D

I know you will be mad if I started the letter with that meanwhile I did something so reckless like this.. but please don’t be mad… I just want to lift up the mood so you won’t be too sad while reading this letter hehe ^^

I’m sorry for leaving eonni like this.. I just think this is the best for everyone. I won’t “threaten” my father ambition again, I won’t be a burden for you and your family, and you can happily continue your dream. I’m sorry too that I left although eonni always promised to never leave me or promised to never let me leave you.

Probably eonni will start blaming yourself because of this right? Stop and please don’t. Eonni always give me strength and courage to overcome everything. The fault is all mine, for being scared and not strong enough to fight. But thank you for everything eonni. thank you for trying to help me, protect me, and set me free from my father. I am free now. you did well eonni.. Thank you so much ^^

Please send my apology to all the video game club members, nayeon eonni, jihyo eonni and Tzuyu. I know I hid many things from them although they trust me so much.. and leaving like this of course will leave huge sadness inside them.. tell them I love them and I’m so glad to be their friends. I hope they can achieve all their dreams someday.

Okay I want you to remember this. Since I’m not there anymore, you need to set up your alarm early and don’t be late for school! I won’t be there to wake you up so you have to stop waiting for auntie to pour you a bucket of water or even beat you with your Sullivan doll. And also never. I repeat, never ever try to skip classes. I’m not there to remind you but you promised to me not to skip any class right?? so do it! Hope the best for your final exam and again sorry that I can’t be there once you graduate..

Lastly, I hope you’ll win the seoul university dance competition so you can continue living your dream. I love your dance soo much.. So please never stop dancing just because I could never come to watch and support you again, okay? Fighting!!

I’ll be watching from up here. With Sharon and grandpa beside me. please live well and be happy for me eonni. don’t cry too much because I can’t be there to comfort you ^^

Thank you for everything eonni.. and I love you. forever and ever.

 

OH! I almost forgot.. please protect Sharon’s secret box for me.. I haven’t open it tho.. but if you want to open it, then it’s okay. you’re the owner now

 

Sayonara.

-Myoui Mina

 

The letter is so full of mina worrying over momo’s bad habit. When momo read the letter, her face filled with smiled and sometimes she let out a laughed but tears still falling from her eyes.. The trio smiled upon seeing that. it’s been awhile that they can see momo genuinely smile like that and they know the letter can makes momo back to live her normal life again.

 

“Why you guys just give me this now?”

“Well you were so devastated and none of us dare to give it to you..” Said Nayeon

 

Momo then folded the letter and walked towards mina’s bed. She looked at her, caressed mina’s bandaged head.

“Mina want me to live my life, continue my dreams and be happy.. so I think I’ll try to do what she ask me to do.” said Momo

“So… you’ll go to school tomorrow?”

 

With her watery eyes, she turned to her friends and gave her big smile and nod,

“I’ll go to school tomorrow. but you guys have to help me okay?”

“Yeay! We got momo back!” and those girls cheers again

 

“She’s indeed so whipped over Mina.” said Sana.

“Indeed.. the only thing can bring such genuine smile out of her, is just mina. we can’t do anything about that.”

“Oh you guys need to shut up. And finish all that chicken.”

“let’s order another chicken to celebrate!”

“Yah kim dahyun! we’re on the hospital now.” and all of them laugh their lungs out because of Dahyun

 

I’ll live my life happily mina-ya. Just please wake up quickly so we can live it together.


4 Month after that

HIRAI MOMO POV

“Okay earlier was perfect. So now it’s time to record the video okay?” me and the rest crew nod our head.

Music starts playing and our captain, well basically the president of this dance crew began her move and slowly the rest following her. Right now I’m in a dance studio and dancing with a new crew that I joined since two months ago. But it’s not just a crew. I’m in Lia Kim’s dance crew. I’m one of her backing dancer and oh my god it was such a turn for my life.

You know how I could join the crew? apparently it all because of my barbaric dance coach who actually had some project together with Lia Kim. She introduce me to her, when I watched the jyp high performance and since I’m such a big fan of her, and also she didn’t mind the fact that I’m going to go to university, I agreed and here I am. being the youngest member of 1million dance crew.

I’m living my life as how I supposed to. I study hard for upcoming test, keep dancing and tried to achieve all my dreams.. yea everything is fine now. except one thing. Mina still hasn’t wake up. I’m worried of course. there’s no single day I’m not thinking about her. But mina asked me to live my life happily so I’m trying to now.

Well her condition is remain the same.. she’s still asleep. But many things changing since 4 months. Mrs.Myoui or now I should call her as auntie Sachiko, no longer living with Mr.Myoui as they already divorced. The news about this already spread out in many news but none of it ever talking about mina or all the sins that Mr.Myoui ever did. Well like jihyo said, if those things spread out, it’s not going to ruin Mr.Myoui’s image. But also the entire Myoui so yes The Myoui hide it from the public.

Mr. Myoui once came to see mina. I punched him and I’m really satisfied haha. But that’s not what I’m going to talk. He came and apologize to me, and he gave me a harddisk that contain mina’s project and iSpeak. He said he was going to sell them, but he get caught by his mother and pushed to give it back. He’s still working in the Myoui and still as the CEO. Myoui stock? Well it stable and they still known as the biggest company.

Okay enough with the catch up let’s go back to present.

 

“That’s it for the first session! Let’s take five okay.”

 

Everyone scatter around the room lifelessly due the fatigue from the intense choreography. Being in Lia Kim’s crew is such a bless and also a torture. She is kind, she always show everyone wonderful choreography and we can learn so much from her. but all her wonderful choreo are always hard and exhausting! Moreover she’s so strict and if we can’t keep up, she will gave you straightforward comment that will automatically lowered your head. But I’m glad to be in this crew.. I can earn money too.

I was just drinking some water from my bottle jar. Yes I’m drinking water like real water now. Well.. mina always ask me to drink more water so.. I just do what she always tell me to do.. although yes at first I dislike it..

But then I heard my phone rang and dang it. I forgot to turn it into vibrate mode. Rule number one in this studio is never touch your phone during practice.. god I’m doomed.

 

“Momo? you know the rules right?”

“I’m sorry eonni.. I’ll just decline it.” and yes i turned off the call. It was from jihyo tho but.. Idc.. Lia eonni is way scarier than jihyo when she mad.

 

But then just when I want to turn it to vibrate mode, she called again. I can see lia eonni death glare on me so I just let out a big grin and turned it off again. not long she call me again and it made Lia eonni sigh

 

“Just pick it up. Maybe it’s important.” I bowed at her, apologizing of course and then I ran outside the room to receive Jihyo call

 

“This better be important park jihyo!” said Momo

“Eum momo-ssi.. I’m yerin by the way.”

“Oh.. sorry… what’s wrong yerin?”

“Okay huh.. I need to control myself first.. huuh.. okay! She’s awake. Mina is awake.” I froze at my spot when I heard that. this is not dream right? this is real right? I’m not misheard this right?

“M-mina.. mina what?”

“She’s awake now! Just now! Jihyo is inside with the doctor and they’re now checking her condition.”

“Oh my god! This is for real?”

“Yes momo. I was just talking with Jihyo and then suddenly she talks. it was really small voice tho but soon as we hear it, Jihyo ran to call the doctor.”

“How is she when she wake up?”

“She still look weak.. but momo, she’s searching for you.”

“I’ll be there in a second. Thank you yerin.”

 

I quickly turned off the phone and ran back inside to grab my belonging. All the crew member and lia eonni gave me weird looks as I know I might look weird now.

 

“Momo what’s wrong? Something bad happen?” asked one of my crew

“Bad? Oh no no no! something really incredible just happened. lia eonni I’m sorry can I leave early? I really have to go.”

“What happen?”

“She’s awake.” Just hearing that, she gave me a smile and nod

“Go meet her then.”

“Thank you so much eonni.. I promise tomorrow I’ll do my best.”

 

After that I stormed out from the studio and quickly drive to the hospital. Oh thank god she’s awake!!!!


Seoul General Hospital, ROOM 253

I ran as fast as I can towards mina’s room and the moment I arrived, I open the door and apparently due to my excitement, I opened it too fast and shocked everyone inside. As everyone I mean Jihyo,Yerin, and Mina.

Yes mina. with both her eyes wide open, and her bed was straighten so she could sit comfortably. She’s awake.. she’s indeed awake.. she still looks weak but the important thing is she’s awake now. none of us talk, but our eyes met and we share glance for a second.

 

“we’ll leave you guys together..” said Jihyo as she went out together with yerin.

 

After that, mina gave me her sweet smile. Smile that I missed the most for this 4 and a half months.  I felt tears coming out from my eyes. well I can’t help. I’m too happy and this seems not real.. but.. she’s there.. she’s right there.. and now she lifted up her left hand and gave me a wave

 

“Hi?” but that small greeting of course always trigged me

“really? after all this time you left me worried, and even made me think that I could lose you.. you just say hi?” she giggle upon seeing my reaction.

“Don’t you dare to laugh myoui! this is not funny.” I said as my tears bursting out hard.

“Eonni please don’t cry.. I’m sorry I just trying to lift up the mood.” She said

“Don’t do it like that.. how can my mood lifted up just because you say hi to me.. you don’t know how devastated I am when you still unconscious..”

”I’m really sorry eonni.. But can you come here eonni.. please?”

 

I walked near her while sniffing my tears like a child and when I near her, she asked me to sit at the small vacant space on her bed. I sat there and then she looked me in the eye with her soft smile and said,

 

“I made a huge mistake.. I troubled you and worried you.. please forgive me?” and that words made me cry again.. I don’t know why I’m become this sensitive but I just did.. Mina then caressed my head and said,  

“Jihyo eonni told me everything.. you did well for coping with everything and taking care of me.. thank you so much..”

“Promise me you’ll never do such thing again.”

“Yes eonni I promise..” Mina then smiled again and wiped my tears with her left hand.

“Can I get a hug?” I asked.

“I really do want to give you a hug eonni.. but my body kinda.. hurts.”

“Oh right.. sorry about that..”

 

Now both of us just sat in silence. it’s like usual. Me sitting on the chair beside her bed, and mina on the bed. But the different is, she’s awake now.

“Eonni, can I tell you something weird?”

“Sure.. im all ears.”

“you see.. I don’t know if it’s a dream or not.. but I met Sharon. And.. she completely dislike what I did. She gave tons of lecture and ask me to go back.. so I’m here now..”

“That’s scary.. but thank god you’re here..” mina smiled after I say that.

“I miss you so much..” I said.

 

But you know what happen after that? she pulled my jacket and gave me a kiss.. oh my god.. this is.. this is reall..

 

“I miss you too, eonni.”

“D-does the shy mina left and followed Sharon or something? why can you be this brave?” I asked but the girl smiled and I can see a blush

“I-I just miss you so much..”

"Well.. welcome back, Mina." and we share smile after i said that..

 

Oh wait! speaking about Sharon.. I opened her box and found a letter in it. a letter from Sharon to Mina. I don’t understand with these twins who love leaving messages before doing reckless stunt.. but okay I need to tell her.

 

“Mina, I opened Sharon’s secret box. Do you know what I found?”

“W-what is it?”

“She wrote you a letter. She said that she eavesdrop your dad calling on someone and there she knows that he want to murder you. since she thinks that you have a better future than her and she love you so much, she decided to change position with you and.. that accident happen.. she also didn’t want you to blame yourself because of it so.. yea.. like I told you..it’s not your fault.”

“Oh god… Sharon told me the same thing in that dream.. eonni.. eonni I indeed met Sharon!! I can’t believe i—“

“MINARII!!!!”

 

And that’s the time where my quality alone time with mina vanished. The VGC member suddenly stormed inside the room and made huge ruckus, like usual. But then we spent the rest of the day talking, telling mina everything she missed. Including about her family. How her parents already divorced. It’s shocked her of course. but once we tell her about her mom’s condition, she understand.

.

.

.

Momo’s Bedroom, 07.00AM 1 months after that.

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*

Ugh not this sound again.. I tried to get back to sleep but when I felt a rustle beside me, it makes me woke up. And there.. I saw her, mina. sleeping beside me. yes! we’re leaving together now. it’s happened because apparently mina’s grand ma decided to put more supervision upon him so, he need to go back. meanwhile her mother decided to live in states. She indeed tried to ask mina to come with her, but mina decline. So.. here she is, sleeping on my bed. She’s just here since yesterday, after she discharged from hospital and finished her rehab.

 

*BEEP* *BEEP*

Her face then wrinkling and not long after that, she opened her eyes.

“Morning. My little penguin.” She let out a warm smile while her eyes still sleepy and said,

“Morning, eonni..”

 

She then turned to her right to shut off the alarm and then she went back, laying beside me. “How’s your sleep?” I asked

“I prefer here than hospital bed.”

“meanie..” I said while pouting.

“And I prefer here than my own house.”

“This is your home now.” she smiled at what I said and god I’m really happy that I can see her face again. More over, I can see her beside me right when I wake up and before I sleep everyday.

 

“But well.. unless our future Myoui Co CEO want to live in an expensive mansion.” She laughed at what I just said

“I told you, I do want to be a CEO but not in my family company.”

I went closer to her as I confused with her decision. “That’s what I don’t really understand tho.. why you decline? Your grandpa want you to be his heirs, and Sharon even sacrifice herself for you..”

“That’s what you misunderstand eonni. Grandpa actually still considering my opinion. Therefore his assictence, and my dad are in the backup list. He knew I never interested in running my family’s business. And for Sharon, she just want me to live my life and fulfill my dream. So I’m just gonna be a CEO of my own game company.”

“Glad to hear that..”

 

After that, she suddenly get out of the bed and ready to go out from my room.  

 

“oh come on.. you’re waking up already?”

“Of course. I need to help auntie with breakfast. Kinda miss it after all these times.”

“the doctor said you still can’t do hard work tho..”

“I’ll be fine.. in fact, I’m getting used on using my left hand now.” Said mina.

“Ugh… but can’t you just stay like five more minutes?”

“Nope. And you have to wake up and get ready.. Today is your final exam right?”

“Yes.. but can we jus--“

 

I quickly shut up as she suddenly gave me a peck on my lips.

 

“Shall we go down now, eonni?”

“one more?” she smiled at my request but she then walked away.

“You’ll get one if you start getting ready for school.”

 

“aah.. miitaaannng.. one more…Please?” You know it’s always works when I let out my cute whine and add up extra cute nickname I just created for her few weeks ago. And now she’s crawling herself to the bed and gave me a longer sweet kiss.

“You have morning breath you know that.” she said.

“But you love it right, honey?”

Then she peck my lips and said, “So much, honey.”

 

Oh well.. yes we’re together after all this mess. And yes tho we know each other in a really short span of time but.. Hey! love is blind and love is timeless. What matters isn’t how long or how short you know each other, or how fast or how slow our feelings build up. But what really matters, is how deep your love for each other. for the person you love.

 

“hey eonni.”

“yea?”

“thank you for everything. Especially freeing myself and rip-off my sealed voice.”

“it's nothing.. well you know what? I can rip other things out of you if you want.” After I said that, her face suddenly turned red.why she is suddenly blushing?

“I..i don’t think.. I don’t think I’m ready for that.”

“What? what do you mean?”

“y-you know.. the dirty stuff..”

“What dirt—oh god! No! No! No! that’s not what I’m talking about! I’m sorry!! I don’t mean like that! is just.. i.. I mean I want to help rip-off your sadness, your trouble and others.. not.. you know.. not that thing.. no..”

“Oh.. sorry.. i.. misunderstood..”

“I-it’s okay.. I’m sorry too for being confusing..”

“w-well let’s go downstairs okay..” she then stood and went to the door. But before she went out she said,

 

“I don’t mind if eonni want to do it. but maybe when we old enough.”

 

*BAAM*

 

There she goes.. left me burning red and heart pumping hard. surely that girl always full of surprises.. And the most amazing thing is..she’s my girlfriend.



AUTHOR NOTES:

IT’S OFFICIALLY FINISHED!!! OH GOD I’M SO HAPPY T.T

This is the first time ever I wrote such a looong as story and I’m happy TT.TT

I know this probably not the best ending.. I don’t know this chapter even good enough.. but I did my best to bring happiness for our mimo~

Thank you everyone who’s been here since day 1, keep reading my story, waiting patiently from my hiatus and my busy univ life.. thank you so much.. and for all your comment, oh god thank you so so soo much! Those kind and heartwarming words lifted up my confidence and I surly won’t stop writing ^^

I know this story, mostly the ending kinda sensitive.. mostly about what mina did.. but what I’m trying to say in this story is guys, stop blaming yourself for everything that happen to your life. Sometimes there’s thing that we can’t help happen and blaming ourselves.. won’t solve anything.. (this a little note for myself too^^)

Okay leave your thoughts on the comment bar like usual, and vote if you love it and.. well.. please anticipate for my other works in future ^^



Love you guys a lot >.<

Akkergo signing out.. Bye guys!!

 

And oh! stay healthy guys!!