Chapter 3

Sealed Voice

 After School

HIRAI MOMO POV

Right now I’m on my way to VG club room to pick up mina and drive her home. Actually today is supposed to be my dance club schedule and I should be in the studio to practice with my club mates. But I decided to call for a day and go straight to Mina! I don’t know why I’m this excited even Nayeon and Jihyo keep asking me if something wrong in my head because the super excited Momo, looks like a super weirdo in Jihyo’s and Nayeon’s eyes. But no! My head is fine! No problem at all! At least that what I feel.

Maybe the fact that I can be with Mina, spent time together or perhaps we can know each other more and of course! Getting information about her and maybe she will speak normally to me, are the reasons why I’m this excited. I don’t know.

When I arrived at the front door of the VG club room, I open it with a huge smile and

“Myoui! I’m he—“

I stopped and shut my mouth as i only see a girl who’s sleeping on Mina’s desk peacefully. No one in that room except me and that girl. I can’t see her face clearly since she buried her head in her arms and also blocked by laptop, so I decided to walk closer to her silently, tried my best not to disturb her sleep. As I arrived beside her, it’s her. the light brown haired girl with a fair white skin tone sleeping peacefully. Yes she is Mina. I studied her face more and.. gosh.. she is indeed too pretty for a nerd… I didn’t know she has plenty of cute little moles on her face especially on her nose. It’s cute…

Just when I want to wake her up, I saw a sticky notes that her friends left on her laptop.

‘Minarii since you are sleeping, we decided to discuss about the project tomorrow so the moment you wake up, just go home ‘kay? Don’t forget to grab some food and take a rest since you’ve been working all day and even skipped lunch. Don’t overwork yourself and Fighting! Lots love from us –Jeong,Chae,Sa,Da’

Whoa.. so She’s the workaholic type huh? Since she even skipped lunch… okay I’ll just go back to dance room and wait Mina to wake up.


Video Game Clubroom, 30 minutes after that.

AUTHOR POV

A loud noise from the hallway made Mina woke up from her sleep. She rubbed her eyes and drink a bottle of water beside her. She want to start her work again but saw a sticky note hanging on her laptop and it made her smile and decided not to continue her work. Mina stretched her body as she felt it a little bit sore because of the uncomfortable sleep position. But as she stretched, a blazer fell from her shoulder and she saw a ‘hirai Momo’ tag on it. At first she was clueless about how Momo’s blazer can be on top of her body? But she then remembered that she supposed to be go home together with Momo. her brain start to analyze and concluded everything so she can understand the situation and choose the best solution for it. Mina thinks that If Momo’s blazer suddenly on top of her, it means Momo was here and the reason Momo was in the club room was to fetch Mina so they can go home together. But because she was asleep, Momo just went out somewhere or perhaps Momo already left home.

With that conclusion, the calm and composed Mina started to panic with huge amount of guiltiness in her mind. Mina worried that she might made Momo disappointed or maybe mad at her. Because of it Mina decided to grab her phone which she put it in her bag to ask Momo’s where about and apologize if she already in her home. But before she opened her bag, she saw a sticky notes hanging in there, the moment she read it, Mina’s smile grew and a relieved sigh went out from her.

‘Have enough sleep? Kekeke don’t worry I’m waiting you to wake up in dance club’s room.. I won’t leave you. So as soon as you wake up, just call me okay! I’ll be there as fast as I can hehehe. See you later Myoui!
Ps: you’re so cute when you’re asleep kkk.^^ -Momo’

After she saw that, she decided not to call Momo instead, she packed her things and went straight to dance club’s room. Mina thought that it kind of a little bit rude to make Momo pick her up again and she also feel guilty so she decided to go to the dance club room and meet Momo there.


1st floor C Building, Dancing Club’s Room, 17.00 PM

When Mina arrived at the dance club’s room, she shyly peeked from the door and scanning the room. The room was filled with a loud music and a loud cheer of the students who apparently watching someone performed at the stage.

“KYAAA HIRAI SUNBAE!!” Mina’s eyes immediately moved to the stage as she heard those students screaming Momo’s name. but the moment she saw her, she can’t let her eyes go from her senior who used to throw a goofy grin to her and now she is looking so charismatic and y at the same time. Her moves are strong and powerful, and Mina now understand why a girl named Hirai Momo is labeled as the JYP Girls High’s best dancer. When Mina looked how excited Momo with her dance, she decided not to ruin it and just sit outside the room, waiting Momo to finish her club activity.

.

.

.

17.15 PM

“O! Mina-ya!” Mina looked up to the person who called her name, but she’s not Momo. Just a dark brown hair girl with a ponytail and a pair of big round eyes. Mina smile widely and waved at none other than the president, Park Jihyo.

“What are you doing here? Why are you still in school?” asked her.

Since Mina already shut down her laptop, she pulled her A4 sketchbook and wrote the answer to Jihyo.

 

I’m waiting for Hirai sunbae. She’s inside, still doing her club activity and we’re going to go home together

 

Jihyo looked a little bit annoyed as she doesn’t like the fact that Momo made Mina, the busiest person she know, waiting for a zero schedule person like Momo.

“Mwo?! She makes you wait?! Aish that girl. Let me just pul—“ Mina hold Jihyo’s hand and quickly shook her head.

 

She’s enjoying her time eonni. Let her be

 

“B-but you still have piles of works to do right? What if you pass the deadline that your father gave you?”

Mina smiled again and showed Jihyo an already written page

 

It’s Okay.

 

“B-but your father wil—“

 

It’s Okay

 

Jihyo just let out a heavy sigh. She knows that although Mina is a calm, and kind girl, Mina is stubborn and when she already said that she want to do this or that, nothing can bother her decision. Well except her father’s will.

“All hail princess black swan.” And that was something that Jihyo always tell to Mina every time Mina shows her stubbornness. Mina will just giggle at it and it made Jihyo smiled.

“Hei there Thomas!” someone suddenly pushed Jihyo and made her slightly away from the club room’s door and even Jihyo almost fell because of the strength that the other person gave to her. Jihyo glare at that person yet that person just grin widely didn’t realize that she was just made a huge mistake.

“Are you on patrol?” Jihyo just nod. Still with the same glare.

“Whoa! Thomas on patrol! Phuuu phuuu~ hahaha!” Mina held her laugh while Jihyo glare at that person more sharply than before.

“Shut up you lazy and irresponsible Raccoon! Just pack your things up and hurry take Mina back to her home!” said Jihyo

“How do you know I’m going to drive her home? Whoa.. are you a paranormal or something?”

“Just shut up and pack your things! She’s been waiting for you in a quite long time!”

“Chill out Thomas… last time I went to VG club room, she was asleep. I left the note so as soon she wakes up, she’ll call me. But she hasn’t call me so maybe she still asleep. Geez are you PMS or something? calm down..” Said Momo who still hasn’t realize that Mina was sat outside the room, a few small step from her.

Jihyo suddenly pinching Momo’s body here and there and said, “Aigoo! You know she never speak then how she supposed to call you huh?” Jihyo said that while she clenched her teeth.

“Aw! Aw! It hurts! Okay okay I admit I forgot about that thing. Well we know that Mina is smart! She probably just going to text me or something other than calling me. But she hasn’t texted me or anything so, she’s probably still peacefully resting on the VG club room.”

“Oh yea? Then who is this? a student who amazingly looked like Myoui Mina?” Momo moved forward a bit, out of the room, looked to her left and saw a girl sitting with sketchbook on her lap.

“OMO! Myoui!! I’m sorry! Be right back!!” and Momo dashed to the room again to bring her bag.

“Aigoo. That Pabo.” Said Jihyo.

 “well… I’m going to patrol again. Be safe okay? As soon as you arrived at home just call—I mean text me.. Sorry. And if that idiot do something weird, just let her be okay?” Mina smile and nod. Seeing her hobae smiled at her, automatically made Jihyo smile too and pinched Mina’s Cheek. Of course Mina pouted when Jihyo did it but then again Jihyo gave her a wide smile.

“See you tomorrow Mina.” After that Jihyo bid goodbye and continue her patrol around the school.

While waiting for Momo, Mina wrote some words on her sketch book that she’ll show it to momo later. since there are plenty of things that Mina want to say to momo, so writing it first will be much more convenient than writing it when Momo arrive. She wrote 1 page with a long apologize words and 1 page for the gratitude.

“All set! Ready to leave!” said Momo. Mina nods but before they start walking, Mina showed Momo the words she’s been writing

 

First I want to apologize for overslept and made you delayed to go home. Although you already wanted to pick me up, but I slept and made you waiting me to wake up.. I’m really sorry for that.’

 

“Oh no no no! it’s okay! I also kind of forget that today is my dance club schedule. No need to worry.” Said Momo. Mina smiled and she gave Momo her blazer back after that she turned another page again showing another words

 

Thank you for lending me your blazer it made me warm ^^.

 

Momo ruffled Mina’s hair as she found the girl really cute and adorable with her unique way to communicate. Mina smiling softly at what momo did.

“You know I’m a chatterbox right? isn’t it a little bit inconvenient for you to always write or type before answering my question? You can talk normally to me even though your voice is very small. I’m okay with it. even I don’t mind if you’re going to yell at my ear.” Said Momo.

She indeed feel sorry to Mina because she burden her but at the other side this is also one of her attempt to hear Mina’s real voice. Yes Momo is such an opportunist person. But she can't fool Mina’s sharp brain. The genius Mina knows Momo real intentions so she just threw a small smile, walked pass Momo and didn’t answer her question.

“Y-yah Myoui! Answer me!” said Momo. Mina then turned back and showed Momo another words from her sketchbook while she sticking her tongue out and shook her head cutely.

 

Meeerongggg :p

 

*thump* *thump*

Momo swallowed her saliva hard and froze when she saw what just Mina did. ‘no momo. just be her friend okay. no more.’ Momo then inhale a huge amount of air and ran towards Mina so they can walk together side by side.

.

.

.

“So Mina, what do you prefer Jokbal, bossam, or yukhae?” asked Momo out of nowhere. Perhaps she’s trying to get more information about Mina or she just trying to open a conversation.

 

Yukhae ^^

I never tasted Jokbal before.

 

Momo stopped walking as she saw what’s written on Mina’s sketchbook. Mina also stopped and looked at Momo with a confusion yet Momo’s jaw dropped and her eyes widely opened. Momo is really really shock at Mina’s statement.

“You never eat jokbal?! Seriously?!” Mina nods. Momo suddenly came closer to Mina and patted Mina’s head with a pity expression.

“Oh my god.. you such a pity little thing. Don’t worry! I’ll give you one. Let’s go to the Jokbal restaurant!”

Momo started walking again with a huge smile appeared in her face. She keep mumbling jokbal words over and over again happily. But Mina who can’t catch what Momo means, fasten up her walk while she wrote a simple three letters and showing it to Momo the moment she beside her.

 

Why?

 

“You must taste jokbal Mina, that’s why we’re going to the jokbal restaurant first.” Mina want to write something again but Momo held her hand.

“Don’t you dare to say that you’re not hungry, Myoui. I know you didn’t eat your lunch. You need energy to finish all your works right? and those energy aren’t just coming from a good rest. It also come from foods you eat. No food, no energy. No energy, means no work can be done. So whether you like it or not, you still have to go. I insist.”

Mina was taken a back for a little because of the serious gaze that Momo gave to her. The gaze that made Mina felt safe, protected and cared. She doesn’t even understand why suddenly she felt that. But with Momo threw such a gaze and held Mina’s hand tightly, unconsciously Mina nods and a warm big smile is what she got after the small respond she gave.

“Kajja!! To the jokbal restaurant!!”


Jokbal Restaurant, 17.30 PM

HIRAI MOMO POV

I already called the owner of the restaurant for a plate of jokbal and yukhae for both of us when we still on our way to the restaurant. Since I’m a regular customer in that restaurant, the owner already know me well so whenever I call to dine in or call for a delivery, He will prepared everything as fast as he can. And because of that, we don’t have to wait for a long time since when we arrived, foods already settled on our table. Uwaah~ the scent is incredible~

“Jaa~ eat this. I bet you’ll like it.” I said while putting a piece of jokbal meat on top of Mina’s rice. Mina slightly bowed as a sign of gratitude and put the jokbal in . I looked Mina with a lot anticipation since I really really hope Mina also like Jokabal so we can eat together again next time.

“Eottae?” Mina munched it a bit and suddenly her eyes turned wide and she nod with a smile craved on her face. She gave me a two thumbs up as she really finds Jokbal suit her taste. I automatically smiled when she did that.. Yes! Finally I found another Jokbal buddies except Jihyo, Nayeon, and Tzuyu. All of them always busy. Jihyo with the student council thing, Nayeon with her own thing, and Tzuyu with the cheerleading activity. So yeah sometimes I only can eat alone or just order it from my house and eat it with my mom. But yeay! Mina as another Jokbal buddy!

“I’m glad you like it. Just take as much as you want okay?” Mina nod. But before she took another bite of it, she took something from her bag. Oh my god…

“Isn’t that ketchup?” Mina nod

Whoa.. so the VG club members told me the truth huh? Mina really love ketchup even she always brought her favorite ketchup brand on her bag and will eat everything with it. Suddenly she want to pour the ketchup on her bowl but I stopped her.

“W-Wait! Myoui.. are you going to eat Jokbal with… ketchup?” with a wide smile, mina just nod and squished her favorite ketchup bottle, decorated the holy jokbal with tomato sauce. Well actually I’m fine with it but I just never saw someone eat jokbal with ketchup. Or actually people did it and only me who didn’t eat it like that? Oh god now she put it also on her yukhae.. this girl really are weird…

I’m the type who always concentrate whenever I eat. Talking during eating is not my type. Whenever my family had a dinner together, probably only mom and dad who were talking to each other. Or maybe Hana eonni, my big sister, if she at home. But I rarely speak even Jihyo, Nayeon, and Tzuyu would mad at me if I ignored them whenever we eat together. Food is number one! Oh well. That’s before I met her. I don’t know what’s happening with me but.. I do many thing I don’t usually do after I met a weird yet interesting girl named Myoui Mina. Look! I hate complicated thing, I don’t put any to other things except dance and food, and I never really care about other’s problem. And there also another thing she made me do what I’m not used to do. Wanting to build a conversation when eating together. I don’t know! there’s something inside me that always made me pulled up my face from the plate and look to Mina, trying to make a conversation. But words won’t come out as mina looked really enjoying her meals especially her beloved Yukhae. I just took a big bite and munched it while looking at Mina. I never do that.. my face always look down to the plate.. what kind of magic she use?

O! hold on there’s something on her chin. Geez this little kid. I stood a bit from my chair and tried to earase it. but actually… it’s not a food or a stain…

“Omo! I-I thought there’s something in your face but… it just your mole..” I said. Great Momo. just great. You’re observation skill is really the best among other human being… Mina covered with her hand and I know she’s laughing behind it.

Without I realize, I stopped eating and just looking at Mina’s face. Her moles a little bit in a line. There’s one on her forehead but it a little bit blur, then the boldest is the one on her nose, and there’s also one on her top lips and under lips. Which the one who ‘hide’ under the lips near her chin is the one that made me looked like an idiot.

 “How come you can have so many moles on your face?” I asked. Again Mina covered again, holding her laugh. But then she picked up her sketchbook from her bag, wrote something and showed me with her left hand, and gave me tissues in her right hand.  

 

How could you have those spots on your face, sunbae?  

 

“Eeeeh?!” I tried to wipe my mouth and I saw a brown stain and taste like jokbal. Damn! I made myself looked like an idiot again! I quickly grabbed tissues that mina gave me and wiped all the sauce on my face. Wonderful momo. Wonderful.

“how about now?” I asked. But suddenly I froze. I can’t do nothing except grinning like a pabo. Mina suddenly stood up, took another tissue and wiped the leftover sauce on the edge of my left lips. I never expect something like that would happen.. I know my face would be as red as Mina’s ketchup… damn myoui mina..

.

.

.

After we ate all the food, we decided to stay for a minute to digest our food. Well not only that. This is also my attempt to gain information about Mina. Both of us talked about our family. I told her that I’m the youngest from two as my sister, and I’m the only one who live with my parents since my sister, Hirai Hana, is now one of the famous dance choreographer in Japan. So she decided to live there separate from me and my parents. We didn’t mind at all since we are also still a Japanese and we have house in there so.. yeah it’s her choice. I also told her about my father, the CEO of Hirai Co. and my mother a writer who always works at home and barely left out the house except attending a book releasing event or a formal occasion or a great sale event on some department stores.

 Mina also talked about her family. But… she only said that her father is the CEO and her mother own a famous clothing line. That’s it. well Myoui is one of the well-known family among business world so those general thing that Mina told me, I already know it because of the talks among the business man. But she still going to answer my questions regarding her family but.. I don’t know something is not right…

First, she call her father with the most polite way, ‘Otou-sama’ while she call her mother ‘okaa-san’ which also polite one but it’s a common one. Second, the difference between the way Mina talked about her father and her mother… she would smile widely whenever she talks about her mother but a small smile for her father. Perhaps Mina’s father kind of the strict to her, or what? I can’t think other than that. Third, the difference would showed not only when Mina talking about her father or her mother. There’s a huge difference between Mina answering a family topics, and mina answering her daily favorite activity. When i asked about what Mina usually do when she’s at home, her expression, is 180 degrees different with the question about her family. Mina would spill every single thing, writing with a wide smile and full enthusiasm, even she wrote a full page length when she talked about her favorite game. So something is really happened between Mina and her family. But what? is this has something to do with her unique way to communicate? Oh well.. I decided not to push her with such a question this early. Hm.. what should I ask again.. oh! I still don’t know why she never eat jokbal yet she has leaving in korea for a very long time..

“I’m still confused why you never even eat jokbal before?” asked Momo.

 

I don’t know. My Mom never cooked me that.

 

“Well.. you can just order it and they will deliver it to your house.”

 

My parents forbid me. they say those restaurant is not trustworthy enough.

 

Oh my.. indeed the ultimate rich family.. they will really paying attention on their foods I can see mina was being overly protected by her parents. Maybe because she’s the only child who can inherit the company.

I patted her head and said, “aw.. poor you.. Your parents must be overprotecting you since you’re the only child huh?” Mina just let out a small smile at it. wait.. is it only me.. or her smile a little bit… bitter? Oh stop it momo you’re hallucinating..

.

.

.

.

Know we are on our way home glad the traffic was okay so we didn’t stuck on traffic jam. Now Mina already concentrate on her laptop again. Typing something I don’t really understand. Wow she really a hard-working girl.. she even do her works on car.. My other reason why I asked her to eat together, is because I want her to rest a bit. Eat something properly, have a nice decent conversation and made her forget about her works for a bit. Well I just know this noon that she’s the workaholic type and it remind me to my father back when he just started to build the company. He worked too hard and he hospitalized for a week due to overworked and stress. I just don’t want a such young girl, especially mina turn like that. But my attempt failed huh? Since she’s now already focused on her works again.

“we turn left on that block sunbae.” Said Mina’s laptop

I do what she told me and somehow a familiar view showed in front of me. did I’ve been here before?

Suddenly, I saw my Mom throwing garbage. W-wait what’s she’s doing here? I decided to stop for a bit and talked to her

“Mom? What are you doing here?” I asked. My Mom turn her body around and frowned.

“Throwing trash? What else?” w-what?

“Mom.. you’re throwing other people trash. Is this your friend’s house?” my mom let out a heavy sigh. What? did I said something wrong?

“Hirai Momo my lovely and cutie little magnae, open your eyes and look around. This is our neighborhood and apparently I stand in front of Hirai family’s house and I’m throwing Hirai’s garbage.” My eyes turned wide as I just realize about it. that’s why this place looks familiar! W-wait.. so that means..

“Yah Myoui! We are neighbor!” I said. Mina who was focused on her works, looked surprised at it

“really?” I nod. Whoa… world is indeed small.. oh right. let’s get Mina back to her home.

“Mom, I need to drive my friends back to her house first. She live near here so don’t worry.” My mom bend over and looked for Mina from the window.

“are you sachiko’s daughter? Myoui Mina?” Mina smiled and nod.

“Wow! Hello there! Me and your mother are friends. You really look like Sachiko.. Mina-ya.. wow..” Mina smiled and gave a bow politely to my mother. Okay if I don’t go now, probably Mina would be arrived at her home at midnight. My mom is really a chatterbox.. yes is running through our genes.

“well Mom, gotta go or else mina’s parents going to worry. Bye.”


In front of Myoui’s house, 19.15 PM

AUTHOR POV

Now Momo and Mina arrived at the myoui place. Well.. It not like what Momo expectation. She thought that it would be a palace looked a like kind of home. But.. this is just a normal house. This house doesn’t even looked like a billionaire’s house. And now Momo believe about the rumour that she heard from business asossiaction dinner event a couple of weeks ago that although the Myoui is rich, they are the most humble and down to earth family. They’re rich, but never show it to others.

Momo then come back to her sense and went out from my car to opened the door for Mina since she’s troubled with her things. Mina went out with laptop hanging on her stomach with a strap rounded her neck.

“Thank you very much sunbae for the food and the ride.” Said Mina

“ei.. don’t be. I’m the one who should saying thanks to you. You saved me from that scary Thomas.” Mina chuckled at my word. Momo already heard plenty of the small cute Mina giggle. Although she heard it vaguely but that small cute voice made her imagining that Mina has a cute and angelic voice.

“Sunbae. Can I asked you something?” Momo smiled and nod.

“can I call you by your name? I mean.. of course I will still use honorific. But.. I also want to be close to sunbae and be your friend. But if sunbae don—“

“Sure, why not. But in one condition.” , “I can also call you by your name.” said Momo. mina then smiled and nod

 “Now go in. your parents might worried about you.” Mina nod and she bowed at Momo.

“good night Momo sunbae.”

“ei.. throw the sunbae away. Just call me eonni. arrasseoh?” Mina then nod and went back to the door.

“Mina.” Mina just want to enter her house, but because momo called her she stopped and turned to face Momo again.

 “M-maybe nobody told you this but…. every time I heard you giggled or laughing… it’s cute.. I-I mean your laughing voice is cute!  What I’m going to say is… I hope you can talk to me with that cute voice sooner. B-but! don’t take any pressure.. I can wait hehe. Well… good night Myoui.” And after that, momo went in to her car and drove back to her home.

‘I wish I can..’


Inside Myoui House

Mina went in and went straight to the living room where her father and her mother sat on there. Her father focused on a paper work, and her mother kept looking to her phone worriedly. But as soon as mina’s eyes and her mother’s met, her mother smiled at her.

“Welcome home Mina.” Said Mrs.Myoui.

Mina smiled and bowed from afar. She just want to walk to her room but stopped.

“where have you been?” a cold heavy voice asked Mina. Yes it is her father’s voice

“I—“

“Who gave you permission to talk with your own mouth?” Mina suddenly shut and type something on her laptop.

“I was eating with one of my friend.” Said Mina through iSpeak.

“who is your friend? What her family’s background?” asked Mr.Myoui

“She’s hirai. Hirai as hirai co. I met her mother a while ago. She said she’s friend with okaa-san.”

“Hirai? Okay you can stick with her. how’s the works?”

“done it all. I’ve sent it to otou-sama’s email.”

“Good. You may leave.” Mina bowed 90 degree to her father and went to her room. But before that her mom kissed her on the cheek and asked her to rest.

.

.

.

As soon as Mina arrived on her room, she put down her things neatly. She turned the air conditioner on and flopped on to her queen size bed. All the fatigue from all the hard work she did for past few days, come hit her hard right now. Her father used her programming skill to gain investor to the company. Mina learnt programming not for this kind of thing but for her own dream. She really want to be a game maker yet her father really hate that and keep pushing Mina to do all the system making work that the company’s partner needed, security, data controller system and others but she got none of the credit. Mina let out a huge sigh. This is the only time mina can let out this kind of emotions. She don’t want her friends to see her like this. although the time she spent with Momo is fun and made mina feel happy, but her problems and stress are bigger than that.

Mina looked at her drawer and saw two penguin plush standing side by side. One pink colored and one is blue. Mina took the pink one and hug it tightly. The more tightly she hug the plush, the more her body hunddled. All the emotions ran out and her tears went out..

I miss you.. Eonni..’ 



Author note: 

knock knock knock knock knock on my door~ 
KNOCK KNOCK MV IS OUT! 

well i'm glad i can update this chapter earlier then the last chapter and i hope you guys like it!! oh and if you guys want to see mina's cute moles, you guys can check minari's v live on vapp. or just go with this link http://www.vlive.tv/video/22693?channelCode=EDBF

Don't forget to write your thought about this story in the comment bar and subscribe plus vote up!


WHO IS THIS EONNI THAT MINA MISSED? find out the answer on the next chapter!


kamsahamnida~