Chapter 22

Sealed Voice

Monday, 2 Days after that 06.40

AUTHOR POV

That morning, the neighborhood still empty. No one passing by, just breezy wind and birds flying while chirping melodically. If you wake enough, you probably can enjoy this peaceful time and smile happily. Like what Mina did now. she’s already outside her house, walking away from it with uniform and all her school stuffs. She indeed wake up a little bit earlier than usual and it all because she couldn’t sleep last night. Not just because of a small amount of extra work that her father gave her, but also Momo. through the night Mina only can think about momo and what exactly her father talked with her.

2 days ago, her father ‘caught’ her being close with Momo. it was supposed to be the best moment of mina’s night but her father ruined it.  The moment when her father saw them, mina was so sure that’s something would happen since that’s of course, being together with momo whom her father already asked to ditch, is a really dangerous thing and full of consequences. Well from her side, Mina indeed got another warning and little more extra job from her father. But that didn’t worry her much. It’s usual.. But the thought that terrible things would happened to momo, or her father threated her so she would leave mina, or her father told lies to momo using Mina’s name just to make sure momo start to hate her and finally leave her.. All the insecurities and anxiety mina has, made her didn’t even check her phone which beeped countless time from none other than a worried Momo.

Mina walked down through the neighborhood, hoping the calm weather could ease her thought a bit. Yet it’s not really that effective if its compared to what Mina saw right now.

There she saw a sleepy blonde with grey pajama who sat on a porch with her head leaning on the wooden railings. The way her puffy cheeks squeezed between the railings and pouted like a duck automatically made mina craved a smile. Mina then walked towards her and once she arrived in front of her, she squatted down—leveling with the blonde eye level, and just stare. Mina tried to suppress her laugh since the front view of the sleepy blonde is a lot funnier than her side view. But mina managed to not woke her up and again just stare..

But when wind blows again, somehow it woken up the blonde whom apparently smell a really familiar jasmine scent that she always love and been waiting for.

Slowly she tried to adjust her vision by rubbing her eyes and when things got clearer, she was shocked. Meanwhile mina found her expression is funny and she let out a giggle before greeted her.

 

“Ohayou, Momo eonni.”

“O-ohayou….”

“Why you sleep here eonni?” Mina asked.

“W-well.. I was waiting for you. you know.. I’m afraid that you might be leaving me because of what happened two days ago.. and yesterday you didn’t even replied any of my messages so.. yea.”

“I’m sorry.. again.. I was busy with works last night but don’t worry.. I won’t leave eonni. no way.”

 

The blonde—momo, let out her goofy smile when she heard mina said that. That’s what happen when Momo is too happy yet shy at the same time. Her inner goof will showed up and yes of course, made mina giggle at how funny her expression is. Oh yea.. mina is always laughing and giggling with every little things momo did..

 

“So.. wanna come in? But mom haven’t finished cooking our breakfast tho.”

“Oh it’s okay. I’ll help.”

“And in the meantime, can I sleep again?” Mina let out a smile and she can’t help not to ruffle momo’s hair because the way she asked that, was so cute. her eyes were so drowsy yet sparkling with hope, and the way she pout a bit, of course this is not new for mina.. Sometimes momo will plead like this whenever mina tried to wake her up and momo needs an extra 5 minutes sleep. But don’t know why Mina’s heart suddenly can’t hold the cuteness. Something must be wrong with her..

 

“Sure. I’ll wake you up once the breakfast done.” Said mina who’s still ruffling momo’s hair.

“Hey don’t babied me like that. I’m older than you.” tho momo protest, she didn’t stopped mina’s hand.

Mina scoffed hearing momo said that and she stopped. “Act like one then.” Mina gave momo a teasing smile and it made momo quicklt stood and tickled mina.

 

“Ah eonni! mianhae! Mianhae! I’m just joking! please stop.” Momo then stopped doing that as she satisfied seeing mina breathless and face went red.

“Should we come in?” Mina who still trying to control her breath just nod. Satisfied with mina’s answer, Momo then dragged Mina inside her house.

 

“Moom, daad, Mina is here.” Said Momo as soon as they inside the house.

 

Then like usual, sound of a hurried step was heard deep from the kitchen. Of course it’s Mrs. Hirai who always excited whenever Mina come. And there she is now. popping her head from the dining room door and waved at Mina who replied it with a polite bow.

 

“Oh mina you came early.” Said Mrs. Hirai and mina just smiled at it

“Eum.. I know I might burden you but.. I kinda need extra hands here...” Said Mrs. Hirai

“Yes, no problem auntie. I’m glad if I can help.”

“Wonderful! Take your apron in the dining chair okay.” Mrs. Hirai then went back to the kitchen to continue making breakfast.

“My apron?” asked Mina to momo.

“W-well.. s-since you often come here and help mom.. she.. kinda bought you an apron for you to wear?”

“Oh my god.. first this slippers and now apron..”

“I guess mom really want you to live here.” Said Momo

 

While taking her shoes and wear her indoor slippers, mina secretly said, “she’s not the only one who wish like that.”

“I’ll try.” Mina was shocked when momo saying that. She looked up and there, momo stood with her back supported by the wall and looking at her feet.

“T-try what eonni?” asked Mina. she’s sure she said it as quite as possible..

“Try to make you get out from that house and live here. with me, with my family.” Said momo while she looked straight through mina’s eyes.

 

*thump* *thump*

 

“T-thank you.. i-I need to go.. auntie needs me..”

 

Mina quickly walked towards the kitchen not just she didn’t want mrs.Hirai to wait any much longer, but she want to run away from weird feelings that appeared out of nowhere inside her heart. But before she went inside the kitchen through the dining room, momo held mina’s hand and stopped her.

 

“Can you come to my room first for a sec?” asked Momo

“Eum.. But auntie nee—“

“Moom! I’ll borrow mina for a bit.” Said momo a little bit louder so her mom could hear it.

“Okay! but make it quick!” then mina just followed Momo..


Hirai Momo’s room

Momo dragged Mina to her bed and asked her to sit beside her. of course mina compiled with a really clueless yet worried thought.

 

“What’s wrong eonni?” asked Mina

“I want you to be honest with me okay.” Mina nod her head.

“After that night, did your father do something to you?” asked Momo but her face not facing mina’s. just look straight into the floor.

“I just got a warning and small amount of extra work.. but I still can handle it.” Said Mina.

“nothing else?”

“No eonni.. why you are asking me this? did my father say something to you?”

 

Momo paused a bit. She didn’t want mina to know the fact that her dream was threaten. But if she told mina about it, mina would surely decide to leave her. because yea.. Mina never want to hurt other people especially people’s dream. So Momo had to cover it up.

 

“Yea.. He did. Just warning tho.. that I should know my place and distance myself from you.” said Momo and it’s the truth she didn’t lie.. she just didn’t tell her everything.. But glad thing Mina didn’t suspect something was hidden there..

“well if it just a warning then.. still okay.. but I’m just checking.. Does Uncle’s business runs well?” Momo nod her head

“Auntie’s book?”

“She hasn’t sent it to the publisher since it’s still on progress.”

“how about hana nee—“

“Mina.. everything is fine. There’s nothing wrong with me, nor my father, nor my mother, nor even my sister new family. You don’t have to worry.” Mina then released a relieved sigh

“But I’m worry about you.. Mina.”

“Me? I told you that you don’t have to worry about me..”

 

Momo grabbed Mina’s hands and cupped it. Although momo’s eyes are drowsy, but mina still can see the worry and scared inside momo’s eyes. Mina want to ensure her that everything’s going to be okay but.. she’s not too sure about it and mina can’t lie. Not to momo because she can sense it.

 

 “I know but.. I just realized something.. The moment I asked you to stay with me—even tho your father asked you to leave me, you’ll get a lot of consequences. So yea maybe now you just got a small amount of extra work. But how about in the future? How badly or how stressful the works that your father will dumped it to you? how can you manage overcome those by yourself? That what makes me worry about.”

“So.. a-are you… want me to.. lea—“

“No mina. I just want to say that if those extra work burdening you, let me help you..”

“But those mainly about corporation things.“

 “Yea I know I’m blind about corporation thingy. But at least let me ease your burden okay? we do this together. We’re going through this together. And we’ll find the solution together.” Said Momo.

“Besides! You’re the one who told me that I’m a fast learner right?” and mina nod at momo’s question.

“Then? Together?” Mina smiled and nod.

“Together.”

 

“Now you can go downstairs. Mom needs you.”

“And eonni needs more sleep too, right?” while laughing Momo nods her head.

“Okay I’ll be back once the food is finished.”

 

Mina then stood and walked out from Momo’s room until suddenly she felt a hug from her back that made her froze

 

“Thank you for not leaving me, mina.”

 

*Thump* *Thump*

 

Before mina could even reacted, Momo let go her hug and said, “Sorry I’ll hold you again. now you can go and help my mom.”

 

Hearing that, Mina nod and quickly went downstairs to help Mrs.Hirai.

 

What’s wrong with me these days??

.

.

.

Lunch Break, JYP High Cafeteria

Since Mina told Momo that she and the rest of VGC members are going to have a meeting during the lunch break, she then joined Jihyo, Nayeon, and Tzuyu eating in cafeteria. Well momo brought a lunch box that made by mina when she helped Mrs. Hirai preparing for their breakfast. But Nayeon demanded them to eat in the cafeteria because again, she emphasized the fact that it’s their last semester in high school, so they better spent many time around the school.

But apparently, right now the one who joined the table, aren’t just the usual four. But Sana’s here, acted all lovey-dovey to Tzuyu.

 

“Aren’t Video game club having a meeting?” Asked Nayeon.

“Yes you are right.”

“Then… aren’t you one of the member? What are you doing here?”

“To spent time with my Cho Tzu~”

 

Sana circled her arms on Tzuyu neck and tried to snuggle her. but Tzuyu tilted her head to her left, like she’s trying to avoid Sana.

 

“Can you guys drop the PDA please.. gee..”

“You know what nayeon, if you at least being a little bit braver, you could do this thing to jeongyeon too you know.”

“Wha—NO! w-who told you I want to do that with Jeongyeon.”

“Well I’m not oblivious like Jeongyeon so you can’t deceived me.”

“Hey! That’s not tru—“

“You two drop it now. we’re eating.”

 

The moment Jihyo said that, both just zipped their mouth and didn’t continue their bickering. Indeed Jihyo always has that kind of power.

When the bickering stop and the table become more peaceful, Jihyo somehow caught a weird vibe from Momo. like the girl was in a deep thought which is weird for momo to do something like that.

 

“So, something troubling you there foodie?” Jihyo’s question caught Momo’s attention. At first she didn’t want to talk about it. well it’s about mina and she knows how her friends didn’t really like the idea of her crossing the line to help mina.. but she’s stuck with ideas so in the end she talked about it.

 

“Well.. kinda.. eum.. Mind if I ask you guys something?” asked Momo

“Sure.. what’s up?”

“It’s about mina..”

“Of course it’s about mina. What else in this world that you concern except her.” Nayeon and Jihyo held their laughed when sana said that meanwhile Momo just threw sana a glare that didn’t even effect Sana a bit.

“Ekhm. So.. back to the talk.. um I’m just wondering is there any family member that mina close with? Someone who perhaps can talk to Mr.Myoui freely?” asked Momo

 

All of them started to think very hard, trying to remember any names that mina perhaps had told them. Well except Tzuyu. She just knows mina when she attend this school and it’s because Sana and Chaeyoung the one who introduce her. and okay.. maybe they got closer this days as sometimes Tzuyu kinda asked secretly about sana through mina. But yea, she didn’t know Mina that deep.

 

“I can’t remember mo.. sorry.. you know I kinda distanced with mina after the incident happened and mina herself become so secretive after that.. I graduated, move to different school, and then I never heard any news from her again except the hit and run thing that happened in her junior high period.” Said Jihyo

“I kinda same with jihyo.. although my family is close with mina’s especially my mom, but I can’t remember.. the only one I remember is.. kirigaya-san. Mina’s driver and also her grandfather’s right arm. But.. he passed away in the incident..” said Nayeon

 

Momo let out a sigh.. well the reason she asked this, is because the talked between her and Mina this morning bothered her a lot. No matter what mr.Myoui did to her, she can overcome it. But she’s not sure about mina. the girl is fragile and too soft.. She won’t risk anything if it’ll give any harm to other people. She can’t even fight for herself and end up doing all the punishment/works that her father gave to her. If it didn’t stop, Mina’s future will be in so much trouble and momo doesn’t want that to happen. So.. the only way is find someone who can stop Mr.Myoui.

 She’s aware that she doesn’t have any power to talk to Mr.Myoui. she knows that Mr.Myoui won’t listen anything she said, or he probably just treated her like a barking puppies. So, maybe if momo could talk to a close relative, just as simple as asking them to help mina lessen her work, then she will be satisfied. But.. since Jihyo and Nayeon got zero idea, the only hope momo has is sana now. She looked at sana with her eyes sparks with high expectation and seeing that, Sana let go her hug from Tzuyu and talked in more serious way.

 

“I hate to ruin your expectation but… There’s no one who brave enough to stand for mina in her family.” All of them gasped shocked.

“Her father is the oldest. Therefore although her uncle and auntie care for her, they’re not brave enough to disobey Mr.Myoui. the only one who can do that, is just her grandpa.”

“Are you kidding me?! she’s totally all by herself and no one dare to help?! that madness! what kind of family is that!”

“What do you expect.. her father is the oldest so—oh hold up! I think there’s someone..”

“Who?”

“Her grandma. Mina rarely talk about her because she’s not that close with her. but mina said that after her grandpa passed away, she shows mina a little bit more care than previous. But I don’t know tho if her father will listen to her or not..”

“So her grandma huh..”

Although Sana said that her grandma probably don’t held same power as mina’s grandpa, maybe it’s the only way to help mina.. it’s worth to try.

 

“Why you asking something like this? Wait… Don’t tell me you’re planning to go to Japan and talk to her?” asked Jihyo

“what? no.. how can I go to japan? My parents won’t allow me.” momo lied of course. she knew if she tells everyone here, they probably will stop her or maybe tell mina about it. she doesn’t want that thing happen.

Her friends at first didn’t buy what she said as they gave sharp glare and made momo grin awkwardly at the cold tension vibe.

 

“FINE. I believe you.” said Jihyo

“I don’t know anything about Mina eonni and her family, but eonni.. please be careful too.” said Tzuyu and Momo smiled at the concern freshmen.

 

Hope this works…


Hirai Residence, 19.00PM

HIRAI MOMO POV

Right now, i’m in dining room with mom and dad eating our dinner together. Mom and dad was chatting like usual, talking about what happened in office and such. I can’t keep up and don’t understand but I think everything runs well as my father face filled with huge smile. I’m glad if his business is on the right track..

Different with the smiley vibe between my parents, I kinda nervous now. Well I want to asked permission from my parents regarding of my plan to go to Japan and talk to Mina’s grandma. A really bold act for a coward-lazy person like me huh? but oh well.. Mr.Myoui declares a war at me and as a Hirai, giving up is never been in our dictionary. We took every challenges. No matter who our opponent is.

I waited until both my parents ease down their talks which is kinda took a long time.. But probably my mom sensed something as now she looked at me and asked me, “What’s wrong momorin?”

 

“Eum..Mom, dad.. I kinda.. have something to ask both of you.” seeing my nervousness, both my parents threw all their focus on me. even they put down their chopstick..

“Y-you both know that i.. I wanted to help mina.. and i.. I sort of found a small step that probably could help her.”

“Oh that’s wonderful dear..”

“It is.. but it’s kinda risky tho.. and.. I have to go to Japan to do it.” Both my parents exchanged glances, probably confused..

“And what exactly are you planning to do?” asked My father.

 

Okay momo.. just relax.. you parents will support you no matter what okay.. be confident.

 

“You see.. the only family that mina close with and can talk to Mr.Myoui, is her mother, or her grandmother. But her mother is sometimes didn’t influenced much and maybe.. her grandmother can.. so.. I’m planning to go to Japan and talk to Mina’s grandmother regarding mina’s issues.”

“Oh dear..” said my mom as she closed with her hand in shocked. Oh god did I mess it up??

“I-I know it’s risky and the chances that her grandmother will hear me is little but.. isn’t it worth to try?”

“Yes momorin. It’s indeed worth to try. I didn’t opposed or dislike the idea. But I was just surprised that you, my youngest daughter, brave enough to think such plan.” I smiled wide when my mom said that. All my worries wiped out and now confidence is the only thing left inside of me.

“Dad?” he smiled and then said,

“Do what you should do kiddo.”

 

Hearing that, I stood up and ran towards my parents and gave them hug and kisses. They are soo supportive to anything that I chose. Dancing, how I live my life, even my love interest, yea.. well they know from long ago that I’m not interested in boys but they support me and that’s why they teased me with mina, instead of mad at me.. I love them so much.

 

“Don’t worry about the risk okay kiddo? Things are good with my business so no matter what happened, things will get stable. Trust me.”

“Yes dad.. thank you so much.” I snuggled deep into my dad’s hug.

 

“But here’s one question. Do you know how to contact mina’s grandmother?” I froze when my mom asked that. I didn’t think until that part tho..

“You don’t know aren’t you?” I let go my hug from my dad, stood few step away from both my parents and just grinned to them.

“Momorin..”

 “W-well I was planning to go to her house.. maybe?”

“And where is it?”

“in..Kobe?”

“And where exactly the place is?”

“mm..S-somewhere in kobe?” I said with another awkward grin

 

That’s made my parents laughed at me. don’t know why they laughing at me.. but maybe because of foolishness.. or else.. I don’t know.

“Oh god.. just when I thought you already become other person.. thank god you’re still you..” I frown confused when my father said that.

“W-what do you mean by that?”

“You, taking huge risk to help people is new. You maybe will help all people you cared, but never you try this hard until the level that you risking yourself. But then, the fact that you still just didn’t think much and trust anything that come from your head.. you still you.. and it’s not a bad thing.. don’t worry.” Yes my mom is right... I always trust and follow my guts without thinking much..

“I’ll try to find any information about it for you.” said my father.

“really??” he nod

“Oh dad!!! thank you!! you are the coolest dad ever!” I said as again I hugged him.

“Anything for my little girl’s happiness.”

“Now, now.. I see you finished your dinner, so chop chop! Go back to your room and study.”

“Oh come on mom! You ruined the vibe..”

“A A A A. no complains or else.. I won’t allow you to go to japan and I will tell mina about this.” soon after my mom said that, I ran to my room and start study.


Myoui Family Mansion in Kobe, Saturday, 10.00AM

To tell you the truth, I never been this nervous for my entire life. The nervousness I feel right now, can’t be compared to anything. even to the first time I performed on stage.

Right now I’m sitting in a living room by myself. Yes I’m in Mina’s grandmother’s house which the address I got from my dad. don’t know from whom or how he got the address, but here I am.. in the middle of a really traditional style living room and I sat politely on my knees. Like the usual polite japanese way of sitting. It’s been awhile for me to sit like this so my feet kinda cramped a bit but it doesn’t matter anymore.. the nervousness wiped every pain out of my head.

The Myoui Mansion is not just an ordinary traditional style house. I’m telling you… this place is huge! Although the style is so ancient, but it looks so expensive and yes clearly shown how wealthy this family is.. from the front door until here, there are so many workers either they cleaning the place, t grasses, or just guarding the place. But although the traditional vibe in this house is so thick, everyone just wore their casual clothes. like the gardener will wear their gardening overall, the maids wore casual dress and apron, but well.. for the guard, they wear their uniform tho..

The vibe here is soo different with mina’s house in seoul.. although maybe the one who live here are just Mina’s grandmother, but it didn’t feels empty.. Different with mina’s house..

I thought at first it’ll be hard to get in. you know.. judging from how secretive the Myoui is.. but earlier in the front gate, I was greeted by a mid-40 years old women who apparently mina’s grandmother’s personal assistance. Her name is Miyu-san and she’s sooo polite and it made me feel so awkward but her warm smile kinda eased me up a bit. I thought I have to put some persuasive speech but just when I said that I want to talk something important about Mina with her grandmother, Miyu-san allowed me to come in. She then escorted me here and asked me to wait for few moments as she went to call mina’s grandmother. As easy as that.. wow.

 

*ZZZRTT*

 

The sound of the sliding door being opened, made me jumped a bit but quickly can composed myself back. there comes Miyu-san and also an old women in a really casual yet expensive dress. It’s definitely Mina’s grandma as she slightly resemble to mina. just a bit..

 

“Milady, this is Mina-hime’s friend who came from Korea.” I stood as soon as Miyu-san introduced me whoa.. mina being called hime? Princess? Of course… I figured Myoui family will have that kind of manners..

“Hirai Momo desu. I’m really sorry for interrupting your rest ma’am.” I said

“oh don’t be too formal.. just call me obaa-san. Mina’s friend is my granddaughter too.” I smiled at her kind remarks. Didn’t expect her to be that warm..

 

Miyu-san then helped mina’s grandmother to seat right across of me

 

“Please, have a sit and make yourself at home..” I sat on my knees again right after she asked me to.

“Miyu, please bring something for us to drink and eat.” Miyu-san gave a small bow and then she left the room. Okay.. I’m nervous now..

“So.. you’re hirai?”

“Y-yes ma—I mean obaa-san.”

“You do realized the circumstances between our family business right?”

“Yes, I’m really aware of it. But.. Mina is really an important friend for me and with all due respect.. I have to ignore the rivalry between our families. Because I just want to help her.”

“You are really brave Hirai-san. You are the only one that dare enough to come here.” She paused a bit and then continued,

“Miyu told me that you want to talk something important about mina and now you said you want to help her. tell me about that.”

 

I cleared my throat a bit before I speak. Well I don’t want to sound so nervous and then cracked my voice.. so yes I have to look calm and confident.

 

“It’s about Mina and her father.”

“Akira? What’s wrong with them?”

“Apparently, Mina’s father is always caging her under his control. She can’t freely talk normally, she can freely do things she loves, and he always give mina tons of work non-stop which those sometimes stressed her. It also prevented her ambitions to pursue her dreams..”

“Akira still did that to her?” I nod at her question

“On this mid-term exam, her father even gave her so many works yet she had to focus on her studies too. she’s stress a lot because of this and I just want him to stop doing that. Mina is still young and there’s so many things she can do to build her own future..”

 

Mina’s grandma suddenly let out a heavy sigh after I said that.

 

“You see.. i thought this thing already stopped. Few years ago, I came to Korea and saw Mina busy reading papers with our company label on top of the paper and she even greeted me with her laptop. I was furious at that time when I know akira was the one behind those things. Then I told akira to stop doing that and asked mina to tell me if her father did that again. Since then, I never hear anything about this matter again..”

“I guess Mr.Myoui asked mina not to tell you.. Mina is really obedient to her father. That’s why I want to help her because she can’t do this by herself.. and I also aware that I don’t have power to stop this, so I decided to come here and ask for obaa-san’s help..”

 

Our talked was cut by miyu-san who came in with tea and strawberry cake. To be honest it’s quite disturbing my focus because the cake looks so delicious. But I have to focus my head now.. come on momo!

 

“Come eat the cake, don’t be shy.”

“Oh i-it’s okay I can eat it later..” I said. Damn.. her sense is as strong as my mom.. or am I that obvious in front of food?

“Please? Because I wanna eat it too.” she said while she laughed. Whoa.. she’s humorous too? totally different with Mr.Myoui.

“I-Itadakimasu..”

 

I ate the strawberry cake and whoa.. it’s soo delicious! I keep eating it and even forget that Mina’s grandma hasn’t responds anything.

 

“Can I asked you something?”

“yes, sure obaa-san.”

“How close you and mina is?”

“We’re like normal friends.. but maybe for the unique circumstance in mina’s life.. I kind of know many things that she hid.”

*CLANK*

 

That sounds come from Mina’s grandma plate and suddenly it makes me nervous again.. please I hope I’m not saying wrong thing..

 

“What kind of thing?” she asked.

“H-Her real voice that she hid from everyone. We talk normally.. her insecurities, her traumas, and.. S-Sharon.” I thought she would mad at me, but then there.. she smiled at me warmly

“She must be really trusted you.” I just rubbed my not so ichy nape as I felt shy upon her remark

 

 “Okay. I’ll talk to Akira about this matter.” I smiled so widely when she said that.

“Really obaa-san?” and she nods while smiling.

 “Thank you so much obaa-san.” I gave her many bows because of it and maybe my over excited responds looked funny for her as she also let out a short giggle.

“Oh no need to be so thank full like that. I’m the one who should thanked you, Momo-chan.” Hearing her calling me by my name and smiled that warm makes all my nervous and worried gone.

Indeed, the myoui family image of a really kind and well-mannered family is real. This is the real infamous Myoui family that everyone respect. Mina’s father is the toxic one and he needs to be stop.

Then when I already stop doing that bowing fest, mina’s grandmother gave me a sign to come near her and sat beside her. I dropped down my fork, walked towards her and sat beside her. You know what happened next? She suddenly hug me tight and patted my back.

 

“Thank you so much for your care and bravery towards mina. I know this might be tough for you but please.. don’t ever give up trying to save her. I love her very much.” hearing a shaky voice from her, I returned her hug

“I promise I’ll save her, obaa-san.”

 

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!


Sunday, A week after that

AUTHOR POV

Everything runs well after that. Mina’s days a lot more free since apparently her grandma scolded her father and made him stop giving mina all the company’s work. Of course mina is clueless that momo the one who actually talked to her grandma..

Happiness is all that showed on mina’s face. everyday when she had to wake up momo, momo will be greeted with a soo bright smile that even brighter than the morning sun. Momo didn’t hate it. she loves it. the none existence of her extra works made her could focus on VGC so the team work pace is a lot faster than usual and they even reached finishing part just in the short time.

Seeing Mina always smiles and so happy now, or the way she can spent times with her friends more, how the VGC continued their weird thing which role playing around the school, reenacting their brand new RPG game, and of course how she can now hang out everyday with momo afterschool made momo feel kinda proud of herself. proud for taking risk flying to japan and talked to mina’s grandmother. But it’s worth it. totally worth it.

Now Momo and Mina is in a hall near itaewon. They’re here to watch Momo’s dance club participating in a dance crew competition. Momo didn’t participate it because she’s just want to focus on competition in seoul university. So here they are in the audience seat, watching all the performance.

The crowed was so loud the moment JYP High girls finished their performance and Momo very satisfied with it. the teamwork was so good, they dance in sync and it’s so pleasant to watch.

 

“so this is how audience always feel whenever they saw a really good performance huh..” momo said

 “Hahaha.. does this the first time eonni watch dance performance”

“it’s been so long.. I usually watch from youtube.. but whoa.. that’s amazing..”

“You’ll be more amazed if you can see your own performance live eonni.”

“Mine?”

“Mhm. The way you always dance passionately with your heart, the way you always enjoy every step.. It’s so magical and I really love it.”

 

To hide her embbarresement from a sudden compliment from mina, momo just ruffled and made mina’s hair messy.

 

“Ah eonni..” complained Mina.

“Well.. if you like it so much, why don’t you come to my competition later in seoul university?” Asked Momo

“sure, I definitely will come and support eonni.”  And that’s made Momo smiled again.

 

Yea.. my bold decision to talk to her grandma was indeed worth it.

.

.

 

Now it’s time for the announcement for the winner. They knew who’s going to win because it’s obvious. Judging by how the audience screamed and even yelled encore and all the judges praises, surely the JYP High Crew will win the competition.

But unexpectedly, the lost. They didn’t get the first winner nor second, nor third. All they got just audience most favorite performers and that’s it. everyone was shocked upon the result. Not just mina and Momo, but the whole venue and even the contestant too.

“That was.. shocking..” Mina said

“What’s wrong with the judges? They were praising them tho..”

“maybe other contestant did better?”

“Bull.”

Mina was taken a back when momo said that and of course few second later Momo realized what she said.

“Sorry.. I kinda drifted by the mood..”

 

Momo was furious yet confused too. JYP High performance really showed the art of group performance. They sync not just movement, but also their energy, their passion everything was a perfect stage for a crew performance. She didn’t understand why that kind of performance can’t win even 3rd place? But the result already been made, and nothing could be changed.

 

“I think eonni should talk to them. like maybe cheering them.” said Mina

“me?” mina nod her head

“Well.. they all looked up on eonni right? they respect eonni so.. why not? Besides.. they all look.. down..”

“Okay.. I’ll go to them.. you want to come?”

“It’s okay. I’ll just wait eonni in the car.”

“okay.. I’ll be quick.”

.

.

 

The moment Momo arrived there, everyone’s head was hanging low. Tint of sadness was obvious on their face. Momo can’t witness this too long because it hurts her. so she quickly clapped her hands, gave them a huge applause and gave few motivational speech and also praises. Slowly everyone started smiling upon what momo said. Confidence were back on their eyes and they cheerfully ran towards momo and gave her a hug.

Momo never too close to her club mates. To be honest she doesn’t know who’s who in that club. But since right now they need comfort, momo just tolerate it. besides, they deserved that win so momo understand how stressful they might be.

After short talks with the crew, momo excused herself and wanted to go to where mina waited her. But just when she was just went out from the building, her phone suddenly rang. She looked into the screen yet the number was unknown. With a frown of confusion, Momo picked up the call.

 

“Hello?” she said

“Good afternoon Ms.Hirai.” Momo stopped from her walked and suddenly her body was full with anger. The voice was too familiar for momo as she immedietly knows who it belongs too

“Good afternoon too, Mr.Myoui.”

“Aah so you do remember my voice huh? well that’s a realived then. I don’t have to introduce myself again.”

“How do you know my number?”

“I’m Myoui, Ms.Hirai. I always have my way to get something that I want.”

“If you just want to remind me to leave Mina, I’ll hung up.”

“I just want to checking your condition. Maybe you cried together with your club.”

“How do you… You sabotaging the result?!”

“Well maybe.”

“How dare you! this is just between you and me why you included them too!”

 

Momo could hear that Mr.Myoui let out a scoff and then soon changed into laugh. Momo tried to control her anger since this totally not what she expected and hurting her club who’s have nothing to do between their disputes is surely unforgiveable.

 

“You included my mother on this too. so.. payback?” Momo lost words when she heard that.. She was sure her movement was laylow and no one knows it. even mina.

“I have eyes everywhere Ms.Hirai. I know everything.”

“Leave my dance club alone. They have nothing to do with this.” said Momo

“I will. I will.. but maybe if you stop trying to get close to Mina, then I Will do it.”

“No in a billion years.”

“Well… no future for you dance club then.”

“You really are such a—“

“I’ll call you in few weeks.. I heard that your crew have a competition in Gangnam right?”

“Don’t you dare to—Hello?! YAAAH!”

 

Momo nearly slammed her phone to the ground but she managed to hold her anger and just end up squeezed her phone tight.

 

This is something that momo never expected.. she thoughts maybe Mr.Myoui only will harm her family and herself. but she didn’t and never expected that her club could be the target too.

But after her angered simmered down bit, momo can finally think of solution. The only logical solution that she could come up with. She will participate in each dance competition that her club join. But she will participate it as a solo. She thought maybe if Mr.Myoui knows that she participate, harm will only come to her. her club will be save. She didn’t care tho about herself right now.. she doesn’t want to lose mina, or harm innocent people. So this is the only way to prevent the same thing happened.

 

Maybe Mina heard momo yelled as now suddenly she appeared with a heavy breath and a worried face. And when she saw momo’s face was so stern, mina quickly ran again to Momo and hug her. Momo’s heart begin to turn soft. But the longer mina hugged her, suddenly a negative thought appeared inside her head. what if mina knows about this.. mina will surely leave her. Momo doesn’t want that to happened and she end up hugging mina tight.

 

“Is it that painful seeing them?” asked Mina

“y-yes..”

“There.. there.. I’m here. It’s okay eonni..”

 

Please stay by my side forever..



AUTHOR'S NOTE:

A-Yoo! I'm back!! a little late but here i am!!
so if you guys feel this one is messy.. i'm sorry.. i kinda tyring to keep up to the detail that surely coherent with the ending.. so.. yea.. i hope you guys enjoy this!!
and oh.. i didn't re read the last part of the story.. so.. if t's weird.. please bare with it.. i'm so busy and don't have time to re-read it..
You guys know my circumstance right.. so yea.. 
see you in next month, i think XD

well don't forget to leave your feedback ont he comment box~~ 
vote if you like the story, 
subscribe if you wante to get noticed for the update 
aaaaand don't forget to share this to your fellow mimorings~~ 

2 CHAPTER TO GO!(now it's really 2 chapter to go. i didn't miscalculate it this time hahaha)

love yall!!



kamsahamnida~