Chapter 15

Sealed Voice

Sunday, Hirai’s Residence 09.00 AM

Author POV

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

The sound of the alarm keep beeping and momo started to frown, totally annoyed by it. Like usual, she tried to bury her head under her big Sullivan doll but it useless. The alarm was set in ‘increasing-volume’ mode so it will get louder and louder. Momo was sure that it probably mina the one who set it. Because of that With both her eyes still closed sharp, she scanning her right side with her hand—Wanted to wake mina to take responsible for the rucus she made, but she touched nothing but an empty spot. Since she didn’t felt anything, she peeked a little and when she realize that she’s the only one left on the bed, she groaned again.

Momo then decided to roll her body to the side where mina slept and hoping to find mina’s phone on the drawer near it since mina usually left her phone there. but again, she found nothing as actually that smart penguin put it on the desk far away from Momo’s bed.

Momo tried to ignore the annoying sound of the alarm but it keep beeping loudly and again momo let out a furious groan as she forced her body to walk to her desk and turn the alarm off.

*BEEP BEEP BEE—*

Just when momo want to throw herself to her bed again, a really delicious scent made her stop and following that smell which dragged her out from her own room. Although her eyes still closed and her hair still messy, she just walked drowsily, following the scent. Of course the delicious smell led her to the kitchen and she also sure that mina is there, cooking something for her.

Just when momo arrived at the kitchen door, she stopped. Her eyes now opened and she automatically thanking god for giving her such a blessing early in the morning. Her eyes, Nose, and ears were already blessed this morning. Although she was awoke by an annoying sound of alarm, the delicious smell that blessed her nose made her forget about it and then her eyes were blessed by a beautiful back view of Mina in ponytail, wearing an aperon. But actually, she was feeling so blessed because she heard mina singing softly to a song that momo didn’t know but still her voice are soft like an angel.

“Naneunyo naneunyo geudel johaheyo wae~”

Momo just leaning her body on the door stand and secretly hearing mina singing. This is new for her and yea.. Mina’s voice just made her day although she just starting it.

Blessed my ears..

“Geudaen nawa gateun mam. Anin ga yo..”

“Na eobsi na eobsi jal jinaeji marayo…”

“Haengbokhage jinaeran geu mal nan shire—omo! Eonni!”

Momo smiled and gave mina a small wave.

“S-since when eonni been there?”

“Hm.. Since you sing the chorus maybe?” said momo while she gave mina a smile. It made mina face burned red and from seeing that, momo decided to . since teasing mina is one of her favorite thing to do.  

“I don’t know a penguin can sing..” said Momo with a smirk which made mina lowered her head and nervously whipping her hand on the apron she wear. It’s like a cue for momo to continue her tease.

“but you know what? I think with your ballet skill and that soft voice you have, you can be an idol tho..”

“eonni..” whine mina

“Wae? You don’t trust me? You can win thousands of trophies and your song will be an all-kill in every charts! you will have tons of fans screaming your name and asking for your autograph. Mina-ya!! Mina eonni!! mina-noonaa!! Yeppudaaa aaaa!!!”

“Aaa eonni... you know I can’t handle with this kind of compliment..”

Cute..

“Sing another song for me.” Mina just ignore what momo just said something to change the subject.

“Oh! Look I already made a-a sandwich for you.. l-let’s just eat while it still warm and sit on the table.” Said mina while she took two plate of the well-made club sandwich and bring it to the dining room. But when she walked pass through momo, momo quickly blocked her way and made mina stopped.

“W-waeyo eonni?”

“sing a song for me.”

“N-no… I can’t sing.. now let’s jus—“

“I like your voice, Mina. it’s beautiful.”

*THUMP THUMP*

Mina heart was beating fast as she was nervous, embarrassed and also flattered with what momo just said. Her weak shy little heart can’t handle such an honest compliment especially from someone who stole her first kiss.

“I-I don’t want to.” said Mina

“Waeyo??”

“J-just don’t want to. come on eonni Let’s just eat..W-we don’t have much time.. yo-you should be going at 10 right.. you’ll be late..”

“Don’t care. I just want to hear you sing again.” said momo

“eonni.. jaebal..”

“Arasseoh arasseoh.. let’s just eat.” Momo then took both plate from mina’s hand and bring it to dining room.

“Your arm might still hurt so don’t bring something heavy like this.”

“My arm is alre—okay.. I’m sorry..” at first mina want to lied to momo that her arm already healed.. but just a single stare from momo made mina forget about it and just give up.


The Hirai's Dining room

HIRAI MOMO POV

Both mina and I just eat in silence like we used to. my mouth was keep munching the delicious sandwich made by mina yet my eyes were focus on mina who’s focused eating her breakfast. Honestly about what my sister told me during the call yesterday.. it still bothered me. I can’t really find the answer why that day I decided to kiss her and said something like ‘You’re mine.’ To her… My sister told me that it because I Lo..lov.. hhh.. love her. Damn why that word is really hard to come out from my mouth.. But I don’t even sure that I love her. Yes Mina is pretty, yes mina is soo damn kind, yes mina is soo damn genius and capable to do many things.. but just the thought of me, an idiot, unorganized, sloppy, and messy girl have a feeling towards such a wonderful girl like mina, damn… it would be such a burden for her.. and maybe I did that because of you know admiration?

But you know.. I can’t just too much thinking about it since I might stressing about that and yea. Made me kinda… awkward beside her. so I decided not really think about that and enjoy everything like I use to. whether I love her or not, maybe I do maybe I’m not.. but well yea It’s complicated and my brain can’t handle such a complicated thing.. maybe time will answer it.. I don’t know..

“Eonni? Momo eonniiii.” suddenly Mina waved her hand in front of me and made me awake from dozing of

“I’m sorry what were you saying?” she smiled and let out a small sigh

“I’m not asking anything.. it just eonni keep looking at me.” oops.. busted..

“Is there something on my face?”

“except your eyes, nose, lips and moles, nothing..” I said

“T-then why eonni keep looking at me like that?”

“I was just thinking how wonderful you are. you’re smart, you can cook, you can dance, you can sing... You’re perfect myoui.” hold up.. why I said those things?!  

she then gave me a pout and whined, “Stop teasing me eonni..” See.. this is why I think I don’t deserve to love someone as cute and adorable as her..

“I’m not that perfect..” she said  

“well tell me something you can’t do.” I said

“mm…I can’t stand being compliment by others?” I smiled at what she just said

“Okay that’s one.”

“I can’t ride anything in amusement park.”

“Mina. only aliens can ride those. We, human not supposed to ride those heart-stopper thing.” I said. Well hello.. amusement park is place that I won’t go.

“eonni afraid of rides too?” I nod my head she let out a chuckled

“Then what else? You see I have tons of things that I’m bad at. Studying, cooking, doing puzzles, playing complicated games, riding amusement park rides, and swimming. So what yours?”

“Eonni can’t swim?”

“I can. But not that good. all I can do is floating.” I said

“I can teach you if you want.”

“Really?! yeah! That’s a promise okay! this summer holiday we will spent times in swimming pool!” I was too excited with the fact mina want to teach me how to swim. The over enthusiast me, of course look so damn weird and it made mina laugh again.

“Now back to the topic. What else you’re bad at?” The signature gesture of myoui mina whenever she in a deep thought came up. Eyes walking here and there with a frowned brows and the frequent of her blinks got lessen. She’s really in a deep thought.

“I’m not good at sports? Except swimming. And I’m bad at mandarin language?”

“Really? thought a genius can speak many languages.. oh well that’s another country’s language I can relate.. what else?” I use this to you know.. get know her better. But what she going to told me after this made my enthusiast dropped and my sympathy towards her rose up.

“Well.. eonni knows it.. I’m bad at fighting for my own life..” She smile bitterly and took a small bite of her sandwich. I put aside my food and walked beside mina. i just lowered my body a bit so we’re on the same level, after that I gave her a warm hug.

“Let’s try our best to fix it okay? I promise I will try my best to help you so you can finally get your own freedom.” I said. She then reply my hug and I can felt a tight squeezed

“Thank you so much eonni.”

“Anything for you.” 

And this also one thing that I have to consider. Will I, hirai momo a girl with tons of flaws can protect this fragile little girl? can I heal every single scars in her heart? Loving a girl named myoui mina is not as easy as falling in love with other people or some kind of foods. Well I never actually being in love before but I’ve been in tons of experiences in loving a unique and new foods.. but then again.. She’s different. If I do in love with her, can it help her and fill the emptiness in her heart? Can that love cure all the scars she had? Can that love free her from any guilt and from her father’s control? Can that love give her strength? But.. most of all… do I worth enough for her? for myoui mina?


On the way to the venue, 10.30 AM

Now we’re on my car, heading to the competition venue. Well actually we’re near the venue now. At first mina don’t want to come since she asked me about the other participant and actually her former ballet academy crew are also a competitors in this event and the anxiousness of the past where she’s been bullied by people in that academy made her refuse to come. But you know.. after few talks, she finally gave in. And now she sat beside me looking so damn nervous and it just made me let out a chuckle.

“Yah.. Shouldn’t I be the one who feel nervous?” I asked between my chuckle.

She just let out a sigh and move closer to the door, refused to talk to me.

“Come on.. it’ll be okay.. if they try to do something bad to you, I’ll give them a lesson.”

“I won’t be nervous if eonni really can do that. But eonni have to do the preparation backstage and I’m not allowed to enter it so..we might be meet somewhere and y-you know.. they might do what they usually did..”

“Relax mina.. You got the free pass ticket that supposed to be my parent’s. so you can stay in the same room as me and nobody would bother you.”

“But eonni will do the preparation with the team and I’m might be a bur—“ She stopped talking the moment I ruffled her head.

“You think too much Einstein. Chill..”

Now we finally arrived at the venue and whoa.. there are so many people roaming on the parking lot and I can see people lined up for entering the room. I never know that ballet competition have lots of fans.. somehow this make me nervous.. god..

*huuuh*

Both of us looked at each other since actually me and mina exhaling to let out our nerves on the same time. It made both of us laugh of course..

“You’ll be great eonni. just enjoy it.” said Mina

“And you’ll be okay.  nobody will bother you. Arasseoh?” She nod.

“Good to go?” She looked through my eyes for a few seconds, and after that she nods. You know what? the moment those eyes meet mine, my heart stopped for a few seconds too.. glad she nods quicker or else..

We went out from my car and walked into the venue. We pass through the line since I showed the guard my participant ID card and Mina with her free pass card. I don’t get it tho.. why this competition have this kind of rule.. maybe too make it less chaotic in the backstage huh?

And yea it works tho.. the backstage are just full with dancers, crew, and some free pass holder which not really that much. Different with the usual dance competition that I join where everyone can enter the backstage to support whoever they want to support and I don’t want to brag but we, the JYP High dance crew have tons of fans and yea.. they’ll be cheering for us from infront of the waiting room. It’s annoying as hell but well.. they support us so yea it’s okay..

Suddenly Mina pulled my sleeve and it made me stopped. “What’s wrong?” I asked. She didn’t answer me and instead she just hide herself behind me. what’s wrong with her?

“Hey Mina wha—“

“Well Well well.. look we have here girls..” the moment I hear that, I shifted my head from mina to a girl with such a bi+chy face, smirking at me and mina. please don’t tell me these girls are from mina’s former ballet academy..

“A grown up princess myoui. But I thought she had a severe injury from the hit and run accident? Then why she’s here?” said the girl with bi+chy face. She probably the leader of that group.

“Probably she just watching the show since she can’t do ballet anymore or maybe doing what her daddy told her to. you know that she only obey what her dad told her to do right? hahaha what a loser.” Said the other girl who probably the minion of the leader who speak the first one. dang.. they are indeed those bullies..

“Excuse me. but who are you?” I asked

“Oh? I didn’t see you there sweety. Hi there. My name is Soojin(this is just random name) I was her senior back then in our ballet academy. Right princess?” said the leader. Mina tighten her grip and she fully hide behind me.

“Ballet academy? Really? I thought you guys from bi+chy academy. Since you guys probably learn those attitude there.”

“Wow hold up ms. Are you trying to make a war with us?”

“You bullies start it first.” I said.

“Bullies? Us? Oh come on.. we are a professional ballerina. We only learn elegance, softness and gentleness. We won’t do something rude and we won’t hurt our princess. We’re not even dare to lay our hand on MYOUI Mina.” said that soojin girl while she emphasize the Myoui word.

“We were such a great teammate right mina?” again mina didn’t even bother to take out her notebook. She just hide behind me.

“Ow.. what a cutie.. she still the same timid girl..” said soojin.

“Still the mute little girl. Shall we try and make her scream?” That soojin’s minion tried to grab mina but I quickly hold her wrist and twist it

“Aaa! Yah! let go! it hurts!!” Since I felt mina pulling my jacket, I decided to let go her hand

“you dare to touch her I’ll kill you.”

“whooa.. Now our princess already had a guardian eh? yah tell me. how much her family pay you so you can be with her like this?”

“not even a single penny.” I said

“Really?! whoa.. you must be stupid then. Yah.. you shouldn’t be with her.. or else, your family might be ruin! Your career too. Just leave that mute burdensome kid alone.”

“Glad she decided to go out from our academy and all of us can breath in peace without a single treat from mr.Myoui.”

“And glad too that hit and run incident happen so there’s no more bribery in ballet competition. Since you guys know right? her grandpa can pay every judges to win her. she just an untalented girl who never even deserve for any awards she got. That national champion? Geez.. her grand pa might bought those judges a unit of apartment or something. what a pathetic family.”

Okay I can’t hold my anger again. don’t care if the committee caught me doing some violence and disqualified me. this is beyond my limit.

“Yak—let..go..” said that soojin girl while I choke her bare neck.

“Here out you damn rascal. I’m not like you guys who’s envy with every bless mina has. Her talent, her family’s power, her beauty or anything. I’m not afraid of her family so even tho they try to ruin my family or my life, I will never leave her like you guys. coward.”

“Y-yah! let her go you gang—“ I just gave her minions a glare and she quickly stand back.

“If I saw you guys near her. I’ll make sure to make all of you can’t dance for your entire life.” I said with the deadliest glare I have. I can feel that the soojin girl swallowed her saliva hard, probably scared of me. but another tucked from mina made me let her go and pull back. Automatically that soojin girl was surrounded by her over-worried minions.

“Come on mina.” I hold mina’s hand as hard as I can and dragged her away from those girls. But before that I stopped and turn around.

“Yah useless bullies.” All of them looked at me

“Just so you know. This timid and unspoken girl is precious for me. she’s priceless. And you guys are in a great loss for not knowing her more. for being bad memory of her life, what a pity. Good luck with the competition. I hope you guys worth to watch.”

Then we leave them and went into my crew waiting room.


JYP High Crew waiting room 10.45

“There you are hirai! God what took you so long. Hurry up and change your outfit!” said My coach. I nod and just when I want to go to the fitting room, mina held my hand tight. Her head was hung low and I know those words that they said effecting her.. then I squatted down to reach her eye sight and said

“Hey.. look. Don’t think about what they said. I know your grandfather won’t do something that bad.. I know how much pride the myoui held right? Im not believing any rubbish they speak. I only trust what you told me. so don’t think about those words since I also don’t think about it. okay?”

She then nod her head and it made me smile. “good..”

Just then, she looked like she want to say something. so instead of waiting her to has a courage to take her notebook. I just give my ear to her so she can whisper in it.

“T-thank you.. for defending me.” she said. I let out a smile and the way her face turned red and she nervously looking at the floor, it made me ruffle her hair. Completely done with her cuteness.

“Told you that I’ll protect you.” I said.

“Hirai!”

“I’m coming! Geez that barbaric lady.. Well.. I’m going to change first.. just stay here okay?” she nod and she sit in a chair near the make up table.

.

.

.

Few minutes after I changed and doing some warm up, I have to sit in a chair and get a makeup on my face. I can’t do much since the student who on duty to do the makeup doing something on my face. But I can’t hold my expression since I keep hearing three annoying laugh surrounding me.

“Buahaha! Our dull raccoon become a fairy! Ujujuju~ what a cute little raccoon.”

“The cursed have been lifted from the beast!”

“Look that pinky pinky blush! Buahha.. ouch my stomach..”

“OH SHUT UP YOU THREE!” I yelled. And those three stop for a moment then start to tease me more.

“Did our little fairy got angry? Hm? Oww.. mianhae~” Those three are indeed Nayeon, Jihyo, and jeongyeon. The devil trio. Ugh.. since Jeongyeon an I start to become little bit closer, the ‘let-torture-momo’ squad gain one new member.. ugh just nice.

“Let me do the makeup in peace please..” I said.

“Arasseoh. We’ll just sit here.” Said Nayeon. Meanwhile mina just holding her laugh.

“don’t you dare laughing at me, myoui.” I said while gave her a glare from the mirror. And that kid just stick her tongue out at me.

.

.

 “BTW..How you guys can even come in here? I mean jihyo and nayeon have the ticket from me.. but not the free pass.. and this weirdo? How can she get in?” I asked.

“My family’s company is one of the sponsors of this event so I clearly got the free pass. Since you are so petty and only gave us the basic ticket, I asked my father to give me the free pass.”

“First I’m not petty okay. the manager gave me two free pass ticket which it was for my parents and another three basic ticket are for you guys and mina. sorry jeong you’re not in my list. But since my parents can’t come, I gave it to mina. Second, Why you never told me your company is one of the sponsors!”

“Should i?” nayeon ask

“Of course!! I won’t bother asking for another free ticket and now it become a waste.”

“Chill mo.. we gave the ticket to the student press member so they can documenting the event.” Said Jihyo. woah… of course our wise president.

“We’re done hirai-ssi.” Said the girl.

“Thank you.” And that girl go somewhere else and leave me with mina and these three devils.

“Yah.. when themake up is done you look… more.. Ridiculous! Wahahah!!!” this damn Im nayeon..

“Oh come on! You guys came here just to smash down my confidence huh?”

“Indeed.” Said those three while they nod and let out a huge laugh. I just let out a sigh completely done with them. but then mina walked near me and showed me something from her phone

 

Don’t hear them eonni. you look beautiful.

 

*THUMP THUMP*

With those compliment and the way she smile so sweetly to me, gosh.. She really the only one that can lifted up my confidence eh?

“Thank you, mina.” She just smile and went back to her seat.

“JYP HIGH STAND BY.” Suddenly a crew came in and announce that. Yes our team is the first team who’ll perform. It burden me so much since we are the first one and have to give such a great impact.

“Oh god oh god… what’s should I do!” I said panicly.. well at first I’m okay.. but somehow when the time coming nearer it made my sudden anxious and nervous rise up. My heart beating fast and I’m sure my facial expression is not that good.

“Stop that ugly nervous face you have. You’ll be great! trust me.” said Nayeon

“Yea. Just dance like you use to. I know you can do it.. relax mo. You can win this.” Said Jihyo. I don’t know these girls can be supportive too..

Jeongyeon then patted my shoulder and said “you can do it moguri! Don’t be nervous… Just do your best so you don’t make mina’s effort in vain.” Oh great.. this kid made me nervous again..

“Yah! don’t say something like that you pabo!” said Nayeon while she smaked Jeongyeon arm.

“Hirai! Let’s round up for a bit.” I nod

“Okay we will be watching near the stage. Good luck and do your best! Let’s win this!” said Nayeon. Mina just gave me a ‘fighting’ sign and that small gesture already make me relax. After that I walked to the circle and the coach gave us some pep talk. But my nervousness start to rise up again as coach keep asking me to be perfect and mind every move. she also emphasize my role as the ace of the group.. damn what a pep talk..

.

.

 “JYP HIGH! We! Can! Do! it!”

after the cheering, all of us start to go out from the room to the stage. But then I stopped as I saw mina still standing in the hallway with jeongyeon beside her. After she saw me, she ran towards me and ask me to lean abit so she can whisper something.

“I don’t need eonni to win this. all I want is eonni showed everyone in the hall the best performance that eonni won’t regret.” Whispered her.

“sure I will try to do that.” She smiled and whisper something to me again

“Enjoy every rhythm, every move, and show everyone what you got. I’ll be watching you on the audience seat.” After she end her whisper, she clenched both her hand and said in her small cute voice, “Fighting!” and she went back to jeongyeon

My heart beat running so damn fast.. not because of the nervousness anymore.. it because of the cuteness mina just show me… what kind of magic she has?


The stage

The light in the stage is fully off and the only light came from the audience side. Before the music start, I scan for where my friends watching me from. It doesn’t really took so much time for me to search them since my eyes suddenly caught on a light brown hair girl, whose wearing a white stripe t-shirt covered by black oversized cardigan, jeans and that girl looking to me with her sparkling beautiful eyes. Isn’t it weird that with in all these people, I can find her so easily?

When the light start beaming at me, I posed. All the audience went silent and waiting for the music to start. Okay.. just relax, and enjoy everything..

*Music start*

I’m not thinking anything beside the memories of me practicing the dance with mina. Although it was short, but it help a lot. Every single move I do, I keep hearing mina’s voice.

“Lift up you chin eonni.”

“smile eonni.”

“yes like that! More more! feel the music more!”

Those words keep roaming in my head. I don’t exactly aware did I do the move right or not, but I just enjoy the music and express it with my body. I want to see again that proud smile of mina when I nailed the dance move. I want her to compliment me again.

I paused a bit since it the other student’s solo part. While posing with my hand slightly covering my eyes, I secretly glanced at mina’s direction. You know what? she’s the only one who keep staring at me with such a glimmer eyes. she smile so bright that it made me have to control my own smile.

It’s not normal for a friend to feel soo happy when the other friend compliment you or feeling proud at you. It’s not normal for a friend to feel shy with each other compliment. And most of all.. kissing your friend and tell’em that she’s yours, it’s totally not normal..

It’s time for my solo dance now.okay momo just show everything you got!

“Thank you for giving me such a big strength eonni.”

“Thank you for defending me.”

Those two words suddenly popped in my head. and it made me realize.. it’s okay that I full of flaws.. as long as I can protect her with all my might. As long as she feel safe with me, I don’t have to be afraid.. I don’t have to be troubled whether I’m worth for her or not or can I heal all her scars and fill the emptiness in her heart.. the small things that I did to her, she always grateful at it and said thanks to me. that’s enough for me. that’s enough for my heart to finally accept all of this feelings.

*Music stops*

*Crowds cheering loudly*

Our eyes met and again. those sweet, pretty, and genuine gummy smile of hers, always made my day. I want to protect that smile.. I want to protect her.. And yes. I finally realize.. I fell in love with her. I fell in love with Myoui Mina.



Author's note:

I'm loving loving loving that love line~
Whassup guys! hahaha i finally update a new chapter.. i don't know it gets boring and boring in every updates... 
i'm sorry.. i'll try my best for the next chapter..
and oh! for the song that mina sing is Toy- She Said. (https://www.facebook.com/JYPETWICE/videos/1741451462803294/) 
i really love her voice when she sing that hahaha...

well... let us hope i can come up with a better ideas and update the next chapter as fast as i can..
Don't forget to up vote, and leave your thought in comment box.. it means alot for me tbh kekeke
since after this i'm going to sleep.. i'll say.. jaljayo.. good night ^^



kamsahamnida~