Chapter 21

Sealed Voice

Monday 07.00 AM, Few Months after that

AUTHOR POV

*RING RING*

Momo rustled from her sleep because of the annoying sound from her phone. She tried so hard to ignore the sound and went back to dreamland but it didn’t even show any sign to stop ringing. In the end, Momo took her phone and answer it with a groan.

 

“Ireonasseyoo~” soon after momo heard that voice, she smiled and let out a small chuckled.

“Thanks to you I’m awake now, Mina.” said Momo

“Good then. Now all you have to do is wash up, eat your breakfast, and don’t be late for the first day of your last semester.” Said mina

“Ugh.. why you have to emphasis the last semester..”

“because it’s the fact eonni.”

 

There’s a short silence after that.. Both were just smiling under their phone. Momo rolled herself to lay on her stomach while waiting for mina to talk again. But while she’s waiting, eyes slowly closing again as sleepiness still lingered on her eyes.

 

“Don’t go back to sleep eonni.”

“I’m nooot..” said Momo while her word muffled in the pillow

“I know your eyes were starting to close again.. You’ve to sit up eonni. Otherwise you can’t get rid your sleepiness.”

 

With a lot of strength and huge grunt, Momo tried to sit up and gush away her sleepiness while saying, “It’s scary that you know me so well.” Mina on the other side just smiled hearing that.

 “How’s your sleep eonni?” asked Mina

“Good. but I need more.” said Momo

“eonni can sleep again during lunch break.”

“Ugh.. I wish time flies fast.. and how about your sleep?”

 “Mmm.. I kinda… haven’t? hehehe” momo sigh when she heard that. Again.. another sleepless night for mina and she hates it.

“Why? palying games again? or doing your project? Or works? Mina.. I told you to take care of yourself..”

“Yes, I know. but this time, it’s because works.. they keep coming and coming. And you know how perfectionist I am for each works that I got.. in the end.. I still have many things to do and I think... I can’t go to school with you..”

“You won’t go to school?”

“Or maybe I just can’t attend the morning session.. I’ll try to finish it before lunch break and come to school when the lunch break ends.” Said Mina

“You know what? no. instead of you pushing yourself to finish it before lunch break, you better not go to school at all and just use it to rest. By rest I mean that you also stop doing your works and sleep.”

“But eonni this is so—“

“Rest. Nothing will worked out if you don’t have a proper and fit body mina. now, soon after you hung up this call, I want you to turn off your laptop or pc or anything related to it and go to sleep. understand?”

“But eo—“

“Miiinaa…”

 

Huge sigh and a sound of a rolling chair moved was heard through the phone.

 

“Okay eonni..i’ll rest.”

“Good. now I’ll hung up so you can rest.”

“ne.. good luck for your first day and please don’t sleep during the class. Pay attention to the teacher, okay eonni?”

“yes yes..”

“Bye eonni..”

“Bye, Mina. Rest well..”

 

And the line was cut.

 

it’s been like this actually for the past days.. Mina and momo never met again since the pool party that held in Sana’s house. the reason is of course because mina suddenly become so busy with works. She turned like her father’s personal assistance and followed everywhere he goes and noted every single thing that happened in a meeting. She’s really busy.. even busier than Momo’s father who’s finally just start to realized his project.

But both of them sure still message each other. Sometimes when mina a little bit free, she would call momo and rant about how tired she was, or how she missed her game so much. Momo can’t do anything although she thought she probably can by confronting mr.myoui about this. but again, it’s impossible. So the only thing momo can do, is be a good listener for mina. be her comfort and safe place.

 

“God I miss her so much..”

.

.

In school, momo of course keep her promise with mina. She paid attention to the lesson, taking notes, and did the exercises that the teacher gave to her. It’s sorta become momo’s habit now but it’s still indeed such an amazement for all her friends including jihyo and nayeon.

But momo is still momo. she looked at the clock on top of the board and it clearly showed that now is 10 minutes before lunch break. Her stomach already growling and her boredom already reach it peak. So she secretly took her lunch box and hid it on her stomach, and slowly rose her hand.

 

“Yes Ms. Hirai?”

“I-I’m sorry Ma’am. can I use the restroom? My stomach kinda ache a little..” said Momo as she pretend to redeem the ache on her stomach while actually she just trying to hide her lunch box.

“Oh dear.. yes please Ms. Hirai. Take your time.”

“Thank you ma’am.”

 

Momo slowly rose from her chair and walked towards the door. On her way towards the door momo could see that both nayeon and jihyo eyeing her with worried. That somehow made momo held her chuckled.. once she went out, she stood in front of the big window and she can see both her friends still looking at her. While the teacher looked at the board again, Momo showed Jihyo and Nayeon her lunch box with a teasing smile on her face.

 

“Bye bye~” Momo mouthed that and left the hallway. Of course she could see both her friends was furious upon her antics.

At first, momo wanted to go to her usual hideout place. Because well.. mina is not going to school today so she feels that she didn’t have rights to go to the VGC room without her. But when she just went out to the garden, the sun blazing too hard and it burned momo’s skin. She could just go to the dance club room, but it’s not as comfortable as VGC room. No sofa, no games, no tv.. Nothing.  So she decided to go to the VGC room and hope maybe there at least one of the member there.


Video Game Club Room

*Knock knock*

“Sorry to interru—What are you doing here?!”

 

When momo said that, the person that she saw didn’t give any responds as she too immersed to the game she’s playing. And of course it made Momo mad as now she stormed angrily towards the girl.

 

“MYOU-I!” Yelled Momo. Yes the girl is mina and since her views got blocked, she quickly pressed the pause button on her controller.

 

Although mina was little bit irritated that her game time being interrupted, but seeing how momo’s brows frowned and a sharped glare looked straight to her, Mina knows she’s in trouble. So she threw momo a smile and gave her a small timid wave. 

 

“Hello eonni.”

“Don’t hello me young lady. You’re not supposed to be here. I told you to sleep didn’t i?” asked Momo as she put both her hands on her hip now—showing how angry she is.

 

So she scrunched up while trying to hid half of her face under the controller while saying, “I.. kinda..Can’t.. sleep?” Mina also gave her puppy eyes, hope it will cool down momo’s temper.

 It actually worked a bit as now momo let out a sigh. A small sign that momo tried to compose herself.

 

“Mina this is school. You can’t sleep in here either.”

“But didn’t eonni always fall asleep during classes?” Momo gave mina a sharp glare when she said that while mina just gave her a gummy smile.

“I’m going to ignore that.” Said momo. “But minaaa you need to rest! I don’t want you to get sick because of the works and school..”

“Eonni.. I swear. I tried to sleep. but I can’t. Those unfinished works keep bothering my mind and although my eyes were so tired, I end up walking back to my computer and tried to finish everything.”

“So you finished everything?” Mina nods her head.

“Then why still come to school?? You can just rest at home. Mina, school is tiring..”

“There are things I need to do here. So..”

 

Momo let out a heavy sigh after hearing that. She didn’t say anything and just looked into mina’s face. she’s a lot skinnier than the last time they met. Her eyes is red and a dark circles that she tried to hide with make up still visible.. Mina looks so tired and momo felt so furious not just to mina’s father, but also to herself. she’s mad to herself because she can’t do anything to stop this thing. she’s mad that although she keep saying that she will protect and save mina, nothing change and mina still suffers like this.

Seeing Momo’s face turned solemn, Mina timidly pinched Momo’s uniform, looked up to her and gave her a soft smile

 

“Don’t worry eonni. I’m okay…I’m used to this.”

“I don’t want you to get use to this. I want this to stop. it needs to stop.”

“Me too. but for now, I’m okay. really..” Momo went down and match mina’s eye level. She tried to read mina’s eyes yet there’s no trace of lies beneath it. tho it looks tired, but Mina indeed tell the truth.

“Okay fine.. I understand.” Momo then moved to sit beside Mina.

“Sorry I kinda yelled at you earlier.” Said Momo.

“No it’s okay. no need to apologize.. I know you just worried about me.”

 

Momo just gave mina a smile as she slowly opened up the lunch box that her mom brought for her

 

“Have you eat yet?” Mina nod at that question.

“You sure?” with a smile mina then answer, “Yes Eonni.. my mom left me some foods before she went out.. now it’s eonni’s time to enjoy your lunch.” Momo then smiled and start eating her lunch.

 

Seeing momo started eating her lunch, Mina then pressed the paused button on the controller and continue her game.

*DING DONG DENG DONG* *DING DONG DENG DONG*

Both of them paused anything they were doing. Mina paused her game again, while momo half biting her egg roll as the sounds of the bell roaring through the entire school area.

 

“Come to think of it.. it’s just lunch time but.. why eonni already left the class?” mina then shifted her sight from TV to momo and it made momo nervously gulped down her egg roll

“Didn’t you promise not to ditch classes anymore, eonni?” asked Mina

“I-I didn’t ditch any classes.. I’m hungry and bored.. the teacher just blabbering about things that not really relevant with the lesson and since it’s still the last 10 minutes and I finished wrote down everything, I.. I took my leave earlier..”

“I forgive you because you wrote down and paid attention. But eonni.. you need to stay until the last minute.. sometimes important thing was told at that time..”

“yes mother..” hearing that, mina smiled and again.. continue her game.

 

Few minutes later, that room weren’t just occupied by both of them, but the VGC member came by and of course turned the peaceful place into ruckus hell. They squealed and hugged mina as they showing how they missed her. not long after that, Momo’s devil trio—Jihyo, Nayeon, Tzuyu, came with both jihyo and nayeon scolded momo right away for leaving class early. While Tzuyu? She just stood while helplessly being showered by Sana’s affections.

Since now all the vgc member already rounded up, Mina can’t monopolized the console game as she had to take turn with the others. Let the others play a multiplayer game like combat, or racing game and mina just sat on her desk, witnessing everything. Seeing how big her circle of friends now, how her world become much louder now, makes mina secretly smile from afar. And the moment she caught Momo’s eyes on her, her smile grew much wider.

It’s really worth it to risk everything and come here...


After School, 17.00 pm

Momo was just finished her dance club activity. Well usually there’s no club activity during the first day of the semester. But again, dance club is always an exception. They’re discussing and making plans for this semester schedule like sorting the competition that already published. There’s many competition that held by some arts university and of course for all the senior, it’ll be their ticket to study there if they could win one of it.

And among tons of the competition flyers there, only one that really caught momo’s eyes. Seoul art University dance competition. Many her wonderful senior are studied there and win scholarship with their dance. Momo aiming that position of course. she want to study at seoul art university, the best art university in town. Since she really want to win there badly, and remembering what mina told her—that she has to choose competition wisely and pay attention to her health, Momo told the entire club that she will only focus on that competition and only will join the group performance if it’s only for perform. Not competition related. And thank god all her clubmates adore her so much and they just cool with it and cheered for momo’s successful.

.

.

Now momo went to the VGC room to fetch mina. Mina said that she want to hang out with momo after a really long time. Momo didn’t bother to decline of course, she quickly said yes and she really happy with it. and the way mina asked momo, made her think that maybe her father didn’t ask mina to leave her since mina herself is still acting like usual.. again, that’s made momo happier.

The moment Momo arrived at the VGC room, she’s greeted by a train of shush from all the club members. They did that because mina was sleeping peacefully on her desk and they didn’t want to bother her. they all know how much mina need her sleep..

 

“How long she’s been sleeping?” Momo asked in a whisper.

“She fell asleep right after we went here so maybe around an hour..” said Sana and Momo nods at it.

 

She walked towards mina and looked at her face. Her eyes were closed tight, her lips slightly parted and a light snore came out from it. She looked really tired and momo didn’t dare to wake her up. Well in fact, Momo not just didn’t want to bother her, she actually wanted to enjoy this view. The view that she’s been missing for a very long time.. Momo really loves the moment when Mina sleep. she looks soo peaceful, beautiful, yet she look small and fragile.. she can’t help but to smile of course seeing such a lovely adorable girl in front of her. She even squatted down, leveled with the desk and prompted her head with it.

The other VGC member tried their best not to squeal or laughed or even tried to tease momo because they know that it’ll woke mina for sure. So to conceal their emotions, those girls just squeezed each other tried to muffle each other mouth. Especially Jeongyeon and sana who’s always ready to let out a tease to momo.

 

Until suddenly someone barged in and ruined everything

 

“Hello every—!!”

“SSHHHHHH!!!”

 

But it’s all too late. That loud greetings made Mina slowly opened her eyes and sat up. Even momo also stood up and broke her stare from mina.

 

“Ugh nayeon! you ruined everything!” said Jeongyeon

“What? what did I do?”

“Mina was sleeping and your loud- voice woke her.” said Momo who’s now already standing, trying to hide the fact that she was admiring mina’s sleeping face earlier.

“oh my god.. mina I’m so sorry..” said Nayeon as she quickly walked towards mina and gave her a hug. Meanwhile the half-awake mina could only nod under nayeon’s hug and gave two tapped on her back—a sign that she didn’t bother it.

“Have a good rest there, mina?” while rubbing her eyes, mina nods at Sana’s question

 

While mina gather all her consciousness, suddenly she remember that the club was supposed to talk about the new project and Mina quickly typed something on her laptop

 

“Oh I overslept. we were supposed to discuss about the new project.” Said the iSpeak

“Naah it’s okay we could do that tomorrow..” said Jeongyeon

“You guys could’ve just wake me up.”

“Eonni seems needing that rest.. you look tired..” said Dahyun

“Yes.. and eonni looked like in a really deep sleep.. you enjoyed it?” Mina smile and nod

 “Well there’s someone who also enjoying it too. right mo?” jeongyeon’s question made momo’s eyes wide

“Wha—what are you talking about?”

“Nothing.. nothing..” Momo ignored the teasing smirk on jeongyeon and the rest of the club member’s face and just focused on mina

“So.. Ready to go?” Mina stretched her body a little and after a small crack from her bones, mina gave momo a nod. Then she start packed her things and put it inside her bag.

“Oh? You guys going somewhere?” asked Naeyon.

“Yes. Mina wanted to hang out so.. I’ll just follow her.”

“okay then. You two have fun okay. Especially you.” said nayeon as she ruffled Mina’s hair and it made mina let out the cutest and softest smile that made all the girls in the room smiled.

 

Not long after that, Mina finished packing and ready to go. Momo automatically took mina’s laptop bag and helped mina to ease the weight that she brings. But mina didn’t react much, like it’s a normal thing for them to be like that. And this scene is new for not just Nayeon, but also the whole video game club member. They threw each other an amazed look, then trying to act cool when momo decided to bid goodbye

 

 “Well! We’re leaving now.”

“Oh yea yea sure! Have fun!” said jeongyeon

 

As soon after they bid goodbye and left the video game club room, a huge laughter and squealed was heard from it and of course it made momo and mina stopped their track and looked back towards the room. But since it’s normal thing for the club to be that noisy, both of them just shrugged it off and continue their walk to the parking lot. 

Since there’s no club activity today, the hallways is empty and silence. it just the two of them, walking side-by-side. Both of them didn’t say anything. they just walk, enjoying the silence.. their shoulder or arm sometimes bumped each other. But those two just acted normally like it was thing that supposed to happen.

 

“So where we are going today?” asked Momo

“I’m carving for naengmyeon..”

“Oh! Lovely!! Yes let’s go! I know the best place for that!”

 

Momo then quickly grabbed Mina’s hand and ran while dragging her. meanwhile that made mina chuckled as how momo seems soo excited whenever they want to eat something

 

“Slow down eonni.. we just going to eat naengmyeon.. you don’t need to be that excited.”

“It’s not because of naengmyeon. It’s because I finally can eat something with you again. That’s makes me excited. Hihihi!” Momo’s huge grin made mina smiled but of course she tried to hide it with her hand.

“Let’s go eat Naengmyeon!”


Hirai Residence, 20.10 pm

HIRAI MOMO POV

I’m waiting for mina to go back to my house now.. well she wanted to sleep over at my house since her parents are away. at first she hesitate on asking me that because.. you know.. the circumstances between my dad’s company and her father’s company are not in a good relation.. The hirai co is now on the myoui co.’s rival list since my dad sign partnership contract with Wang Company. But when I told her that my family will always welcome her, she smiled happily and excitedly asked me to let her sleep over in my house. without she even asking, I’ll always allow her to sleep in my place. Even if she wanted to live here, I don’t mind either.. it’s better for her to leave here than in her own house, place that she couldn’t even call as home.

Mina went back to her house because she wanted to take her things for school tomorrow. like the books, her new uniform and such. She went back by herself tho I actually wanted to drop her off.. but she said its better for her to walk by herself. I don’t know.. maybe she doesn’t want me to be spotted in her house? oh well.. never mind.. she’ll be here in any minu—

*Ding dong* 

“I’ll get it!!” I said as I jumped out from the sofa and ran towards the front door. Once I opened it, there stood mina wearing a purple hoodie and her backpack on her left shoulder.

“Hi again!” she chuckled hearing that. “Come on in and oh.. dad just arrived.. wanna meet him first?”

“Sure..” I let her in and after that we walked to the dining where my mom and dad still enjoying their tea and coffee time there.

 

When we arrived at the dining room, both my mom and dad were busy with their things. Mom typing something on her laptop, probably for her new book. While my dad is on the phone with someone.

 

“I think they’re busy eonni..” said mina.

“Naah it’s okay. Moom, daad.. mina is here to sleep over.”

 

You know what? right after I said that, my mom quickly shifted her sight from her laptop to us, and when mina gave a small bow, my mom dashing out from her position and hug Mina. I never now my mom could be that fast…

 

“Oh Mina my darling! I miss you so much!! Where have you been these days....”

“I got busy helping my father these days.. i’m sorry auntie.”

“No need to apologize my darling.. I’m just worried that’s why. How you’re doing?”

Mina let out a smile and said, “Never been better.”

“Good to hear that.. by the way, have you eat something?”

“Yes.. Me and Momo eonni stopped by to eat some Naengmyeon earlier.”

“Good then. So.. you’ll sleep here tonight?” mina gave my mom a nod.

“Great!! I’ll just take out some snacks for both of you to eat upstairs.. wait okay.” then my mom walked to the kitchen, searching something from the drawer.

“Sorry about my mom..”

“I’m used to it eonni. it’s okay..”

 

Just then my mom came back with two jar of cookies and brownies. It’s quite heavy tho since the jar is an acrylic jar.. but anyway, after my dad noticed mina’s presence and mina gave him a bow, we went straight to my room. Well it’s not like my dad ignoring mina or what.. he’s still on the phone and there’s no sign of him to stop it.. in the end, exchanging bow it’s the only thing they could do.


Hirai Momo’s Room

When we get inside my room, I immediately plumped myself on the bed while Mina put her things near my desk. Although I laid on my back, I still could glance towards mina now.. After she done tidying her things, she suddenly took off her hoodie and hand it on my chair. Oh relax.. she’s wearing a t-shirt and short beneath it.. she probably wear the hoodie so it could warmed her through the way from her house to mine.

But you know what? just with her back view, I could see how many weight she lost. It becomes more visible as she walking towards me now. maybe because of her fit style t-shirt, that make her looks skinny? Or she indeed lost some weight? No.. she definitely lost some weight.. I mean.. her collarbone is thicker than the last time..  and when she took of her glasses and sat on the bed beside me, her dark circle become so much visible.

 

“You gave me that look again.” she said and that woke me from my deep thought

“What look?”

“Worried look.. I told you I’m fine.”

 “Sorry.. well you seems tired that’s why I kinda worry...” I said and then I move a bit and offered mina space beside me, “Come, wanna lay down?” She nods her head.

 

We then laid down, facing the ceiling. Well.. at first both of us facing the ceiling. We began to talk about many thing. starts from her programming project progress that reach 90 percent accomplishment, then my plan on participating in Seoul art university dance competition, even until a simple question about did I or didn’t I hide things from my sister. And yes of course I am because Hana nee isn’t someone that easy to trust. She always I repeat.. always tells everything that I told her to my parents. Like the accidental kissing with mina? yea that just one from tons. On the other hand, mina said that she didn’t hide anything from Sharon.. but more like Sharon the one who hide things from her.. even Sharon has a secret box and mina never dare to open it even until now.. Mina is really something.. when other people say no, she will hear it and stop anything she does. She’s so obedient… so different with me. if I were her, I definitely will open that box now..  

To be honest, the whole minutes we talked together, my mind keep thinking about one thing. her father. Not about hate now.. I’m just curious whether he really didn’t ask her to stay away from me or not.. she kinda make me think like that since when I wanted to drop her off on her house, she decline it in a really panic way. not so mina.. she never act like that unless it’s really really bad.. so maybe.. he di—

 

“Eonni..” mina’s small and sleepy voice caught my attention and distracted me from my deep thought.

 “C-can… can I hug you eonni?”

“Sure. Of course you can. No need to ask.”

 

She then move closer and hug my arm like a koala. Jasmine scent flew across my nose. The calming scent that I miss the most. Oh I really wish we could be like this everyday..  having mina around me for 24/7 is such a blessing.. surrounded by her warmth, her bright and warm smile, her soft and cute giggle, her tender touch.. oh god.. why she had to be such a busy person.. why her father have to be so cruel…

 

Speaking about her father… should I asked? But what if..

“Curious about something eonni?”

“Wha—how did you know?”

“Your eye brows frowning and you dozing off so.. I’m just taking a wild guess.”

“Well you’re right tho.. I’m curious about something..”

“you can ask anything..”

“It’s about your father.. did he not ask you to.. you know.. leave me or stay out from my family? since I know how he really despise his rival.”

 

Mina let out a sigh. A heavy sigh and I know its indicate to something unpleasant.

 

“The truth is.. yes.. he did.” See.. told ya

“And.. you agree? That’s why you don’t want me to drop you off in your house?” she nods her head.

“I tried to decline at first.. but I lost the argument.. so in the end I pretend to obey his order.”

“Don’t tell me your tons of works is because you tried to disobey your father?” she timidly nod her head. seeing that I immediately hug her and caressed her back. she did well tho.. at least she’s trying to speak up now even tho it’s fruitless in the end..

“It’s okay.. you did well.. At least you tried.. I’m sorry you have to do those things because of me.” I said

“No.. eonni.. you don’t need to apologize.. it just.. I don’t want to leave you.. I can’t… it’s really hard for me to do that.. You’re the only one I can lean on to.. you’re the only one who willing to accept all my weaknesses.. eonni..eonni is my safe place. If I lose you.. i.. I don’t know..”

 

I tighten my hug after hearing that and I could feel that mina also tighten her hug on me. like she really afraid that if she let me go, I’ll slipped away.

 

“Eonni.. I don’t want to leave you..”

“You don’t have to mina. You can stay with me.. I don’t even have plan to leave you either.” I said

“If my father do something ba—“

“Mina I told you. no matter what happen, I won’t leave you and I won’t let you leave me either. I’ll always be here.. so you don’t need to worry okay?” she nods a little under my hug and feeling her hug getting loosen, I pull away myself a little. Just wanted to see her face..

 

But then, she actually did the same thing. now both of us drowning in each other’s eyes.. her beautiful dark brown eyes that looking at me. I honestly wanted to stare at it a little bit longer..

 

“Stop looking at me with those sad eyes. give me your eye smile come on.” Just with that word, she gave me her warm smile and her beautiful eye smile appeared.

 “Wanna sleep now? you look sleepy.” She nods her head and snuggled to me again.

“Good night mina..”

“Good night eonni..”

Sleep tight my love..


Gangnam Hall, Saturday, 19.00 pm few weeks after that.

Right now, I’m in a business event and dragged by my parents of course. I supposed to enjoy my Saturday night in my home… chillin and watching TV. Not here, standing behind my parents and threw polite smiles and bow whenever they introduce me to other people.

I really envied Hana nee.. she didn’t have to do these things. I think she never even attend any business event like this. oh maybe if she has, it probably not as frequent as I am..

But look at the bright side tho.. coming to this kind of event, will make me eat delicious free foods. So right after my mom dismissed me, I quickly walked towards the buffet and grab things I wanna eat. Of course I took it one at the time.. I can’t look like a hideous foodies here.. need to control my image for the sake of my father company image too.

 

“Of course. Buffet is the place where you can find hirai momo in this kind of event.” I looked up and my face started to lit up.

“Jihyo-ya!” I wanna hug her but she stopped me since I still holding a plate of course.

“whoa hold up.. I don’t want those pasta stain my dress..” she said and I gave her a sheepish smile while she just shook her head disbelief at my clumsiness

“It’s been so long that we can meet in this kind of even, right?”

“Well yea.. you usually attends the event held for all the foreign company. But since your father’s company started having Korean company as it partner, I think we could meet more frequent from now on.”

 

I nod at her remarks. But hold on.. this been so long for me not to see Jihyo in dress but whew.. she’s gorgeous.. I mean look at that black dress.. everyone will believe that she’s going to be CEO one day.

 

“so where’s your parents?” she asked

“Oh still talking with people.. they dismissed me earlier since they know I’m already hungry and bored.”

“to be honest I’m bored too. thank god I saw you here.” She said as she grab an orange juice and sipped it.

“Nayeon didn’t come?” I asked

“she’s here.. around the place.. talking with people and tried to build connection.”

“Whoa.. being a heirs is hard huh..”

“well yea.. it’s hard.. but if you have same goals with you parents, then you’ll just follow the stream..”

 

Both of us just spend time with talking to each other while sometimes our talks will be cut out by some people who greeted Jihyo and they had a short talk. You know, the reason why I agreed to join student council although it was such a troublesome thing, is because Jihyo the one who become the president. Although I’m aware that I’m not capable, but with jihyo as the president, as my leader, I feel at ease.. like she’ll definitely will guide me and help me or even back me up for my mistakes. And just by watching her talking so casually with all important people make me believe, that someday Jihyo will be a really successful business women. She’ll make her company one of the top company.

Then.. I saw another person who I believe could be such a big and well-known person in the future. She’s standing there, with her laptop and surrounded by people who looks like asking her something. her fingers moved fast on the keyboard and polite smile never washed out from her face.  a small girl, surrounded by tall man but still so confidence and yea.. I could see that she will be a really famous person.

 

“Mina is amazing isn’t she?” Jihyo’s question made me broke my focus from mina to her

“Oh yes. Of course…”

“she could be such a great CEO one day.. or maybe.. a really success inventor.”

“But it won’t happen if her father keep limited her movement.”

“well.. I have to agree with that..”

 

 

Suddenly my eyes and hers met. I really wanted to wave at her, but she quickly looked away and continue focusing herself to other people. Oh well she probably like that because she want her father believe her that she already left me.

 

“Just asking.. are you guys in a fight?” asked Jihyo

“Who?”

“You and Mina. I saw her avoiding your gaze earlier.”

“Ah that… you know.. her father asked her to stay away from me because.. I’m Hirai.. and Hirai co is Myoui co rival now. so.. yea..” Jihyo gasped hearing that.

“But relax.. we just pretend like that. Her father won’t know.”

“You need to be careful tho.. her father has eyes everywhere..”

“Yea yea I will..”

“Oh momo i have to go somewhere.. see you on Monday?”

“Yes.. see you on Monday jihyoo!”

 

Okay.. since jihyo gone, I’ll just eat another food so I won’t be too bored.


AUTHOR POV

Few minutes after momo eating all the food that been served in the buffet, momo wanted to find her parents, because she can’t spot anyone she knows for a moment. But.. because she’s can’t find them, and even when she tried to call them by phone no one answering, so Momo decided to go outside. And yes.. it’s such a good decision since there she found Mina, stood by herself facing the scenery in front of her. A mischievous plan popped in her head as she walked slowly towards mina and ready to scare her.

 

“Hi Mina!” Mina jumped upon Momo’s sudden greetings and of course momo chuckled seeing it

“You scared me eonni..”

“That’s what I’m intend to~” said momo in a teasing way. “Oh.. is it safe for us to talk now?”

 

Mina looking to her surrounding and since nobody there except them, mina smile and gave momo a nod.

 

“Finally.. you don’t know how bored I am in there..”

“But I saw eonni talking with Jihyo eonni earlier.”

“Yea.. but mainly cut by people.. so.. I saw you surrounded by people earlier.. what’s that all about?”

“Ah! this is a really good news. Eonni do you remember about the project that I’m working on during the summer break?” Momo nod at it and mina’s excitement suddenly rose up and her face brighten up like a good thing is really happened to her.

“I’ve finished the prototype of it.. it’s kind of a program to help the disabilities.. and earlier I tried to find funder for that program. And apparently.. many of them interested with my program!”

“Oh really?? Congratulations!!! So, soon that program could be used by people?”

“Maybe.. but I still don’t got the perfect funder for it.. because many of them trying to commercialized it. yet I want this program to be low cost and affordable for everyone.”

 

Momo then gave mina tight hug as she feel soo proud of mina’s genuine heart.

 

“You’re so kind and ugh! I’m soo proud of you!!”

Mina giggled as momo slightly lifted her up because she really is so proud of mina and really happy to for mina. She can do things that she wanted at last and do all good things by her own will.

.

.

 After that commotions, now mina and momo just enjoying the scenery.. Mina on the left side, and momo on the right side. They didn’t talked anything. just enjoy the view and listen to the vogue sound of music from inside the venue. This moment of course really resembles with the first time they met with each other. Realizing about the dejavu, both of them smile by themselves..

 

“Hey mina.” mina hummed to respond Momo’s calling.

“did I left a really weird first impression in you? you know.. the bugs thing..”

“hahaha.. yes kinda. But I actually know eonni before that time.”

“Really?? how??”

“Well.. not know.. just I recognize your face since I saw you many time in school. Either you were running around in the field, stood outside the hallway, running away from jihyo and nayeon eonni.. basically I always saw eonni when you got detention.”

“Yes yes I know I’m such a delinquent.”

“Not really.. you just lazy that’s all.”

“And you changed me.”

“No need to say thank you eonni.”

 

Momo scoffed in disbelief at how mina react. Really each day she got closer to mina, new side of her always appear. She’s not the shy and timid girl like the first time she knew her. she can be a teaser, can be a joker, and she even can be such a boaster.

 

“you really are something.. myoui..” said momo as she ruffled mina’s untied hair.

 

The breeze, the music.. everything feels calm for both of them. momo really want to cherish this moment. Make it more meaningful and an idea popped in her.

 

“Wanna dance with me?” asked Momo

“Ne? b-but.. i.. I still..”

“It’s okay. I’m here.” After taking a deep breath, mina took momo’s hand and the gap between them, vanished as mina hugged momo and let momo lead the dance.

 

Momo could feel mina’s heartbeat that run as fast as her. but she tried to ignore it and just enjoy the dance. The way mina’s hand hugging her left shoulder, the way momo’s hands securely wrapped mina’s waist, Feeling each other warmth, swaying right and left slowly matching with the calm vogue classic music from inside the venue.. it’s perfect. Everything now it’s perfect.

 

“hey mina.” mina lifted up her head and looked towards momo. momo didn’t say anything. she just stare at mina’s pretty orbs. Eyes that could always make her heart falttered, eyes that feel like a spell that makes her fall deeper and deeper into her..

“You’re pretty today.” said Momo.

“Eo…eonni too..” If time could stop, momo really would stop all the time and let this moment keep rolling endlessly.

*EKHM*

Momo and mina who heard that dry cough pulled away from each other arms and looked towards the source. And when they saw the person who just ruined their moment, every single happiness in them, vanished. Anger and despise rose inside momo’s heart, while mina turned stoic and scared for being caught. Yes.. it’s her father.. Mr.Myoui.

 

“Go inside.”

“Otou-sama I can ex—“

“Since when I allow you to speak using your mouth? Just go inside and do your job.”

 

But when mina want to go in, momo held her arm and stopped her.

 

“Can you ask her more politely? She’s your daughter. Not your slave.” Said Momo with a really cold voice. Mina is shocked soo shocked with the confidence and bravery that momo has

“I’m sorry but it’s none of your business, Ms.Hirai. Now let her go.” Momo refused to let mina go and just tighten her grip.

 

Mina really scared and nervous with the tense atmosphere between her father and momo. she really want to cry and don’t know what to do. she knows if momo keep holding her, momo will surely be in trouble. So without think much, mina whispered in momo’s ear.

 

“I promise I’ll be okay.. please let me go eonni..” Momo looked into mina’s eyes. no more sparkling warm eyes again.. it full of anxiousness and sadness. Momo dislike it. she want to see the sparks in her eyes again.. but nothing she can do now except letting her go.

 

Mina then took her laptop that she left on the ground and walked toward her father with heads hung low.

 

“Your mother waiting for you inside.” Mina bow a bit and before she went in, she took a glance at momo and to her surprise, momo looked at her too and gave her a really warm smile like she’s not scared of anything. like she’s not really care about the presence of Mina’s dad in front of her. But Mina knows.. Momo just trying to make her secure and fell safe. So after that, mina threw a small wave and went in. leaving momo with mr.Myoui alone.

.

.

“You should know your place Ms.Hirai.”

“I am indeed now sir. I really know where I belong.”

“No you don’t. You’ve cross your boundaries and interact with my family.”

“Your family? Who? Mina? psh please. you never treat her like your own daughter.”

“She is my daughter and she belongs to me. I won’t let anyone took her. especially a hirai like you.”

“You never think she’s you daughter. You only see her as your employee, your helper, your ticket to succecfull. She just a tool that you can use and only you that can use it. don’t lie to me I know everything about you.”

 

Hearing that Mr.Myoui let out a huge laugh but instead feeling intimidated by it, momo just got angrier upon it.

 

“You’re right. I never see her as my daughter so what? she’s smart and she can do anything. why should I waste all of that?”

“She deserve her own life! She deserve to chose her own dream! Not to be control by you!”

“it’s not you who decide that.” A cold smirk appeared on mr.myoui’s face. although mr.myoui’s face really resemble with mina, but momo sure despise that face.

“I think I’m done talking to you ms.hirai. I just want you to remember this. stay away from her or you’ll got your consequences.”

“Do everything you want. I don’t care. I won’t leave her.”

 

Again the same smirk appeared on his face and he just ignored it and went back. but before he entered the venue, he stopped and talked to momo again.

 

“It’s nice to talk to you ms.hirai. We’ll meet again.. perhaps… in some dance competition? May you have a pleasant night ms.hirai.”

 

The moment she heard that, the strong posture that momo kept holding on suddenly faded. She’s sure that he would do something bad with her dance competition if she still decided to get close to mina. But mina’s frighten face suddenly popped in momo’s mind again and made her determined.

 

“Bring it on. I’ll definitely safe her from you.”



Author Notes:

HI! Happy MiMo days everyone!!!
glad finally i can post something on mimo days kekekeke..
well i donhve anything to say except thanks and sorry for late update..
don't forget to subscribe, vote, and please leave your thought on the comment box!


thank you for continuesly loving this story!!! 2 chapter to go! love you guys^^






kamsahamnida~