Chapter 16

Sealed Voice

Monday, Student Council Room 11.00 AM

AUTHOR POV

At this hour, students supposed to be in their class, sitting on their chair while taking notes and paying attention to the lesson. But not for this certain girl. Well she’s not the type who often ditch classes just for doing some tasks, she always prioritized academic more than anything. And she’s also not the type who’d ditch classes for fun. Like what Momo usually did or like what few of VGC members did. Academic is her priority. Therefore all the teachers and students really supported her to be the student council president for two rows. Yup she’s park Jihyo.

But today is different. The discipline president that all students and all teachers adore decided to ditch classes and doing some works in the student council room.  Looking through all the data that her father just sent to her e-mail, checking all the income and expense of her family company, and create a monthly report about it, is what she’s dealing right now. Actually, her father is not really pushing her to finish the monthly report checking as soon as she can, like what Mr. Myoui would ask Mina to do. Mr. Park gave Jihyo more freedom since he just want Jihyo to learn about these things so one day when Mr. Park already have to retire, Jihyo already has enough knowledge and experiences to be the next Park  Co. CEO. Mr. Park still wants Jihyo to enjoy her school life, therefore Mr. Park not really pushing her and still give permission for her to enjoy everything in school. Like being in student councils and she was also a part of choir club but since she’s too busy with the student council thing, she decided to drop out.

“done! Finally!” said Jihyo as she stretched out her body after she’s been dealing with her works for almost two hours.

She then threw her body to the chair and just laid her back there, trying to be as relax as she can. The chair slowly turned 180 degree and made Jihyo from facing the room, to facing the school garden. It’s empty and no one is there. Her feet gave a little push and made her went near the window. she opened the window, allowed the spring breeze to filled the room and slowly she closed her eyes and tried to make herself relax. But then it was kind of bad decision since her thoughts start remembering her supposed to be forgotten problem.


[FLASHBACK]

PARK JIHYO POV

I, Nayeon, jeongyeon, and Mina are now sitting on the most strategic place to watch Momo’s performance. I’m honestly slightly nervous about Momo’s performance since Momo herself feeling nervous upon not showing a good performance and how Momo always saying that she’s really bad at ballet. But I’ve been on every Momo’s dance competition and every concern she had, usually are just nothing.. She will own the stage and make everyone awe at her.

I heard people murmuring, questioning about our school name since we never attend to a ballet and classical dance competition before. So it’s kinda normal for people to curious about our school capability. And it made me more nervous actually.. as a student council president I really do care what people think about our school and yea.. I hope Momo and her teammate can prove to everyone in this room that JYP High capable in doing any kind of dance.

“oh oh it’s starting!” said the over excitied Nayeon. I looked to my right, where Mina sits. She maybe barely even talks, but her gesture can tell you so much that she’s also nervous.

The music starts to play, and the dancer moving following the rhythm. The stage light is quite bright and I can see every single and every expression the dancer have. People around me start to murmur a compliment and it grew louder when Momo solo dance starting. I also shocked when I saw it. A few days ago she’s keep saying that she can’t do ballet and look what she’s doing now. For me who don’t understand much about dance, this is beyond good. Momo is indeed talented.

“And she said she can’t do ballet but look at her. she looks so comfortable and calm up there!” said Nayeon. Agree.. There’s no single nervousness in Momo’s face. She’s just enjoying the moment.

“Mina really gave a big help.” Said Nayeon. Ah right.. Mina helped Momo to perfecting her move right? No wonder.. Momo was being thought by the youngest ever national ballet champion. Mina was called as ballet prodigy when she was still 10..

“Mina-ya you really did gre—“ I shut my mouth the moment I looked to my right side.

Mina’s eyes sparkling and her smile is wide and bright even brighter than any light in this room. The scene is absolutely breathtaking, mostly because I witness it from her gorgeous side profile.. I’m lucky to witness such an angelic and heart-stopper moment.

The way the stage light illuminate Mina’s face and the sparked in her eyes made her looked glowing, how her gummy smile makes her face brighter.. it’s just perfect and I’m not gonna lie.. my heart skipped when I saw that.

But the problem is.. those aren’t for me. those sparkling eyes, locked to another person. That wide and sweet smile, appeared because of another person, and the proud and amazed gaze also for another person. Mina would always smile that bright for Momo.. Mina would always locked her focus only to Momo.. Those things are always been something that I wish Mina will do to me. well again… wish is just a wish.. not every wish will be granted right?

[End of flashback]


AUTHOR POV

Jihyo let out a sigh as the memories went back. The breathtaking scene that happened yesterday, created a war inside Jihyo’s head. There’s a side that telling her to be positive and the others is the opposite of it. The negative side of course, told her that she already lost, that she don’t have any chance, told her to give up and such.. while the positive side, told her that Mina probably just admired Momo for her outstanding newbie-but-look-like-pro ballet performance and it also told her that probably Mina just being a good and supportive friends.

Therefore, this is why Jihyo decided to ditch class and just pushing herself to finish what her father gave her to do. She can’t focus herself in class so she chose to do some works. It works tho.. but when she stops, the thoughts rushing in again and she can’t stop the war in her head. so the only thing she can do, Is just work, work, and work. She then turned the chair around, and decided to finish the remaining untouched paper that pilling on her desk.

“Let’s just finish these..”

.

.

.

*DING DONG DENG DONG DING DONG DENG DONG*

The sound of the bell that signing the end of the class and the start of lunch break, made Jihyo stopped her work and take another break. Now she’s looking outside the window, standing and propped her body on the window shield, with half of her body lean to outside the room and she’s daring the spring breeze to hit her face. Out of sudden, her closed eyes, dragged to her left side, C building. The building seems empty and no sign of activity, but her feelings says that probably there’s a student there. A certain student who prioritized works over academic, a certain student who ditch class often, and a certain student who probably need to be reminded to take a break and eat something. Yes.. it’s Mina she thinks about. Who else?

Jihyo has been over heels for Mina since the latter become the freshman in JYP High. They are a childhood friend, former neighbor, and a former schoolmate back in elementary school. But after Mina’s first car crash, she moved to her current house and it made them interact lesser than usual. Jihyo’s not like Nayeon who have a close relation with Mina, which is Nayeon’s parents are Mina’s parent friend.  So after Jihyo graduate from elementary, and the next year Mina apparently going to different school which is an elite school, they never talked anymore. Nayeon also kind of lost contact with Mina too, even they know the news of Mina being a victim of a hit and run accident from the news that spread on the TV and internet. That’s why when Mina becomes the new student in JYP High and with such a glow up, Jihyo fell for her. but yeah.. she never has any courage to confess.. and here she is. Trap on one-sided love.

“Should I check on her?” asked Jihyo to herself.

“But what if she’s not there? What if she’s already eat? What if she’s with somebody there? What..what if.. Momo is there?” she paused for a moment, eyes still locked to the c building.

“Ah! Molla! I’m just going to do what my heart told me to!” Jihyo then ran to the cafeteria to buy food. Not for her of course.. for Mina.


Cafeteria

*bruk!*

“Oh sor—o! Yerin! Gosh! sorry I’m in hurry and I don’t see you there.. are you okay?” asked Jihyo who just done buying food for Mina and suddenly bumped Yerin.

“I-I’m okay.. don’t worry.. you?” Jihyo smile and nod.

“I’m fine.” Said Jihyo.

“it’s rare for you to buy food from here.” Said Yerin. Jihyo then looked to the vinyl bag on her right hand and smile awkwardly.

“O..oho this.. haha i-I just want to try. That’s all.. you know. I already in my last year here.. soo.. yea.. hahaa..” Yerin just nod and she took a glance at what Jihyo bought. A pack consists of sushi and sashimi. Seeing that, yerin brows suddenly frown

Isn’t Jihyo can’t eat raw food?

“I don’t know you can eat ra—“

“Well sorry I need to go somewhere. Talk to you later kay? Bye yerin.” But just when Jihyo want to leave, she stopped for a moment.

“and oh! Almost forgot. I’ve done few of the papers back in the room.. if you have time please check it okay? Bye~” then Yerin saw Jihyo dash out and heading to building C. seeing that Yerin let out a smile, a bitter smile. 

“Hope you get what you want, Jihyo.”


C Building

“okay Jihyo, just don’t be nervous and give her the food casually. Yes.. stay calm and don’t be too obvious. You can do it.”

Jihyo then took a few steps in front of the door, but when she wants to open the door, she stopped. From the small glass on the door, she saw Mina’s sleeping with her laptop near her. But she’s not alone. There’s someone beside her, a blonde who’s looking at her with such a warm gaze and with such a loving gaze. the way she looked at Mina, made Jihyo anxious and scared.. she knows exactly what those stare means.

Oh god please tell me this is not happening..

Jihyo want to step back, but when she let go the knob, a click sound suddenly appear and it made the blonde shifted her gaze toward Jihyo’s position. Her expression turn from warm, to wide goofy smile and slowly the blonde came near her.

Crap.. now what should I do

*Kreek* *bruk*

“Yo thomas! Done with the works?” asked Momo who just went out from the room and closed the door.

“Nah. Just taking breaks. What are you doing here? Don’t tell me you ditch class again, Hirai?” asked Jihyo and Yes the blonde is Momo.

 “Relax.. I’ve promised to Mina not to ditch classes anymore..”

“then how you can be in here so quick?”

“don’t know.. the moment the bell rang I dash out the room and go here.. “ Said Momo with her infamous pabo grin

Why she always one step ahead of me..

“so, need something with Mina?” asked Momo

“w-well.. I just want to talk about something. You know.. works. But since she’s sleeping I’ll be back later.” Of course Jihyo lied. But the pabo hirai just bought the lie.

“Come on in then. Let’s wait for her to wake up inside the club room. Or we can eat lunch together too.”

“Ah no thanks.. I’ve works to do.” Said Jihyo

 “Oh come on.. just stop for a moment won’t hurt tho.. you’ve worked so hard since this morning..” Said Momo and she pouted like a little kid.

“Maybe next time okay.”

 “Okay then.. if Mina wakes up, I’ll tell your message.” Jihyo let out a (force) smile.

“well gotta go. See you again hirai.” Jihyo then walk away with a heavy heart

why I always losing to her

 “yo Jihyo hold up.” Jihyo stopped and Momo ran towards her.

“mm.. i-I just want you to know that.. i..i already made up my mind.”

“about what?”

“you know.. my feelings towards Mina.”

Oh crap not now.. please..

“o-oh? Really?” Momo nod. Momo then tried to control her nervousness by in hale and exhaling her breath and when she calm enough, she confessed.

“I’m sorry Jihyo. But I do love her.. in a romantic way.”

A sharp feeling stabbed Jihyo’s heart as suddenly she felt pain in it. She can’t say anything and the dense Momo just keep speaking about the reason but Jihyo just stood still, her brain getting a malfunction from such a hurt-full remarks. Right now, her brain is just full of hatred towards herself. She hates that she decided to come here, she hates that she’s been stubborn for not giving up although the circumstance never been on her side, she hate herself for believe that she still has a chance.. she just hates herself..

 But she went back to her conscious when she saw Momo reaching out her hand.

“How about we compete fair and square?”

What to compete? You already won it dummy.

“You know.. Nayeon doesn’t want us to compete and hate each other and I really treasure you as my best friend so.. let’s not sabotage and playing dirty tricks toward each other.. No intervene and no hard feelings?”

Jihyo forced a smile as she grabbed Momo’s hand and said, “Deal..” Momo a little bit shocked when Jihyo ‘calmly’ took her hand.

“Whoa.. you really okay with that?!” Jihyo nod

“I thought that we would have a big debate but damn you’re such a considerate person!”

I don’t have any other choice, that’s why.

“Well like what you said. i also treasure you as my best friend so let’s just compete fairly.”

“Then it makes us rival huh?” Jihyo nod and said, “A good and healthy one.” Momo then let out a wide smile at what jihyo just said

 “W-well.. gotta go.”  Said Jihyo. But the moment she turned around, Momo can saw and heard the vinyl and she quickly can see what’s in it.

“Wait wait.. “

“What else? I’m busy Momo...” said Jihyo a little bit irritated.

“I’m sorry... but, is that for Mina? I can give it to her.”

“Oh! This? n-no.. it’s m—“

“come on. I’m your friend Thomas. I know you hate raw foods.” Said Momo

“I promise I’ll give it to her. don’t worry.” Jihyo then took out the food from the vinyl and gave it to Momo.

“she’ll be happy for sure.” Again Jihyo let out a force smile

“Yea.. I hope so. Well.. I’m leaving.”

“bye!” said Momo. Jihyo walk away but then she stopped for a sec because what Momo said next, “Good luck for both of us!”

Does she insulting me? What luck?

But Jihyo then turned around and she met Momo goofily and innocently smiled at her. Her anger dimmed as she realized that the dense girl is just trying to be kind. Momo is always like that.. tho she’s cold to stranger, but to her friends, she’s the kindest person ever..

“Yeah. Good luck.” After Momo ran back to VGC room, Jihyo continued her walked. Her head was hung low as she tried to hold all the tears, all the pain that buildup inside her.

That’s it Jihyo. Game over. End of the road.


Video Game Club Room

HIRAI MOMO POV

*Bruk*

“Huuh.. thank god it went smooth..” i said as i closed the door after i talked with Jihyo. 

I was so nervous when i want to tell Jihyo about my feelings towards Mina. Honestly i thought that Jihyo will mad at me and we will have a tense argument or something.. since you know.. she must be in love with Mina for quite long time so she might try to fight for her too and me, the stubborn hirai would also fight my best for her.. But i’m shocked at how calm Jihyo is. She really is mature huh.. if i was her, I would’ve rampaging hahaha.

I just stand there in front of the door, leaning my back on it, and looked at a little squishy girl slept peacefully on her desk. Probably I’ve said this a lot but Mina is really beautiful even when she’s sleeping. Just staring at her already made my heart at ease.. I mean just look at her.. she’s so gorgeous.. she doesn’t look real but she is.. god.. I already act like a love-struck teenager..

Although I want her to rest more, I don’t want Mina to skip her lunch so I decided to wake her up. “Mina, Wake up~” and waking her is easy. You just have to call her name and slightly give a tap on her shoulder, and voila! She’s awake now.

“Did I—” Mina stopped what she’s going to say and just smiling under her palm. This is her cute habit. She would always laugh at her newly-wakeup voice which is quite hoarse and she always find it funny. She’s cute right?

“Ekhm.. Did I oversleep?”

“Nope. You were just taking a short rest.”

“It means I overslept..”

“Kinda? Haahha. Oh well let’s eat! Here, Jihyo bought it for you. Eat this.” As soon as I gave her the sushi and sashimi box, her eyes glimmer. This kid really loves raw foods. I mean she totally in love with yukhae, which is a raw beef, and she really loves sushi and sashimi. Well actually Mina eats everything…This is one from tons of the reason I love her. She eats everything I eat. Means, we have the same taste buds. Means we meant for each other? Oh okay the last one just a dumb premise. Hahaha

I took out the bento box that I bought earlier. Well actually there are two in the vinyl, one is mine and one is Mina’s. But oh well.. since Jihyo already bought Mina a set of sushi and sashimi, better for me to eat Mina’s supposed to be bento. It’s still my favorite too so no prob.

“Ittadakima—“

“Eonni..hold on” I stopped and put down again the meatball that supposed to be in my mouth because of her.

“What? Something’s wrong?” I asked.

 “What I should eat first? The food that eonni bought for me, or the one Jihyo eonni bought for me?” asked Mina. “w-what? I didn’t buy you anything.” I said.

“I saw my special bento box under eonni’s..” she said. Shoot.. how the hell she notice that? Usually my friend will think that it’s my extra portion but how the hell she even know..

“O-o?! this? It’s mine! Y-you’re not the only one who like this set tho.” well.. I lied. I just.. you know.. Jihyo spent her busy time to buy foods for Mina and as a good friend plus as a good rival, I have to help her too. I’ve bought Mina too many lunch boxes before so it’s Jihyo’s turn now. But yeah.. Mina’s eyes and her capability on observing things is the best.

“You’re stuttering eonni. You lied.” Said Mina and it made me let out a sigh

“Okay-okay. I lied.. yes this is yours but you know.. the one that Jihyo bought is a lot more expensive than mine.. I don’t want it to be such a waste.. and she bought it in the middle of her busy time for you so.. yeah.. it’s better for you to eat the one Jihyo gave you.” I said. Mina then took her supposed to be bento and put it between us.

“Let’s just share it.” Said Mina with a smile.

“B-but you might get fu—“ She shut my mouth by shoving an egg roll in to my mouth as she also ate one for herself. She just gave me a smile and it made me chewed down the egg roll.

“We shared~” Said her after she swallowed down her food. I couldn’t help but smile after she said that. God she’s so adorable!!

We ate while sometimes we chat a bit. Oh well.. not a bit.. Surprisingly Mina talk a lot right now. She’s telling me about the game that yesterday she just bought after done watching my competition. Mina will always be such a chatter box if we talking about something she really love like her favorite food, her favorite game, her favorite movies.. and seeing this quiet timid girl, telling strory with wide and happy smile plastered on her face.. Suddenly my salty meetball turn to be sweet?! Haha.. god..

“Btw.. Mina, are you free after school?” I asked.

“Yea.. Jeongyeon eonni said that we don’t have any meeting. Waeyo eonni?”

“eum.. how about we eat at my usual jokbal restaurant? My treat..”

“Treat? What for?”

“Y-you know.. you help me perfecting my dance.. so yea. Just want to repay you that’s all..”

“I did nothing eonni.. it’s all because of you. You don’t need to do that for me..”

“Oh come on.. I insist.. okay?”

“Okay.. but next time it’s going to be my tre—“

*Braak*

“Eyo! Ostrich and the kids landed!” argh.. what a bummer.. The weirdoes arrived.

“O? Captain! That’s our free food ticket!” said Dahyun, pointing at me. Shoot. I have a bad feeling about this..

“Rite! Yo raccoon! Since you win the competition yesterday, treat us!” said Jeongyeon. See..

“Why should i?”

“Hey! You won second place and you received the most outstanding dancer award! Of course we have to celebrate it!” Yes.. yesterday I won those. the judges personally gave their opinion about my way of dancing and they said that among all the dancers, I’m the only one who can deliver all the feelings and enjoy every move. so yea… I won the most outstanding dancer.

“well.. yea.. but still, why should I treat you guys when none of you even help?”

Suddenly those weirdoes; Jeongyeon, chaeyoung, dahyun,and sana, stood beside Mina and crossed their arm while gave me a serious glare.

“We let you rest here after your tiring practice.” Said Chaeyoung

“We let you play here when you stress over the practice.” Said Dahyun

“I’m the one who convince Mina to help you.” Said Sana

“And I came watched your performance.” Said Jeongyeon.

“Nope can’t do. I’m just going to treat Mina since she’s the only one who gave massive contributions in my success. So yea, Free food for Mina!” Mina let out a gummy smile as she also copying my cheering gesture.

“Wae?! It’s not fair!” screamed all of them. Ugh.. they’re so loud.. especially sana..

“Yah Hirai! If it’s not because of me she won’t even bother to help you okay! So you have to pay me back for what I did!” said Sana

“Fine, I’ll treat you..” I said and Sana jumped happily.

“BOOO! UNFAIR!” God.. these girls..

“If sana and Mina got free foods, so do us!” said jeongyeon.

“Yea! Sana eonni and Mina eonni is our clubmates, we are one!” said Chaeyoung

“Yea! No one left behind! Free foods for all of us!” said Dahyun. And now those three scream for free foods again and again like a football supporters chanting their favorites.

I tried to look at Mina for help but she just smiling and mouthed ‘free foods’ together with her clubmates. But she looked at me with such a cute expression as she also wants me to treat her friends.  I just let out a sigh. I never can resist when Mina ask me something with such a cute face..

“Fine. Free foods for all of you.” Suddenly confetti popped out and a hella festive vibe came out. I don’t know where the hell they hide those confetti and yea.. they ruin my peaceful lunch with Mina. Just great.

“I’ll tell Tzuyu about this! bye guys~”

“Me too, I’m going to tell Nabongs~”

“Let’s find Jihyo eonni too!” said Chaeyoung and Dahyun.

“Hey wait! You guys! Hol—”

*Bruk*

Ugh.. no one can stop those girls… Perhaps I have to postpone all my wish-list of stuff that I want to buy..

“Thank you so much for backing up earlier, Myoui.” Of course it’s a sarcastic one and her gummy smile appeared as I said that.

“Like they said, the VGC are one~” said Mina as now she continue eat her lunch.

“Btw.. What exactly Sana said to you so you finally want to teach me?” I asked

“It’s a s—“

“Secreet~ yea I know. But I don’t care. So spill it.” I said so stern since I’m curious and maybe next time I can use it too if mina being stubborn with her decision.

“well.. we kinda argue a bit that day…”


[FLASH BACK]

AUTHOR POV

That time, after lunch, Mina who sit beside Sana just paying attention at what teacher explained in front of the class. Meanwhile, sana still bothered by the fact that Mina really hate the idea to teach momo ballet. Sana of course adore Mina’s ballet skills since before mina’s injured, she once saw Mina dance and really amazed by it. She also know how much Mina loves ballet so she thinks it’s such an impossible thing if mina stop doing ballet just because of her injury while she actually recovered from it in a really short time. Therefore, sana thought that maybe deep down, Mina still love ballet and want to do it again. But she can’t..

Sana leaned her body to mina’s a bit as she whispered, “Stop being stubborn and help momo.”

Mina just showed Sana one of a page in her note book

NO

 

“Stop being selfish mina.”

 

I’m not. I just can’t sana.

 

“But you want to help right?” And sana got a nod from it.

“Then help her. come on mina.. Dance is what Momo loves right? And I bet she helped you many times right? Now it’s your chance to repay all of those. Help her Mina.”

[END FLASHBACK]


HIRAI MOMO POV

After I heard the story, I smiled and what the judges yesterday told me about my dance appeared in my head.

“You know what? After the announcement of the winner and other prices, one of the judges personally came to our waiting room and asked me whether I know you or not.”

“Really? Who is the judges?”

“Luda lee. She’s your former personal trainer right?” Mina’s eyes grew wide as she heard that name

“Eonni met her?!” I nod

“She said that my moves made her remembering about you and when I said that you actually the one who thought me, she smiles and want me to tell you how proud she is.”

“She’s the best trainer I’ve ever had..” she said

“And she also told me that she missed your performance. She really hope that someday you will dance again.” As she heard that, a bitter smile appeared on her face.

“I also want it but.. you know.. i—“ I patted her head and gave her a smile.

“It’s okay. You don’t have to push yourself. But thank you.. thank you for pushing yourself to help me eventho it might be hard for you. It means a lot for me especially I won something…” She lowered her head and I can see her face blushing as she just bite her chopstick. Probably just shy because I being so honest. It’s mina’s thing tho.

“Now now let’s just finish this shall we?” she nods and we continue eating our lunch.


B Building Rooftop

AUTHOR POV

This place is actually a restricted area. The janitors, teachers, and student council are the only one who held the key of this door. But yea, since right now the one who sits here, drinking cans of sodas is actually the student president itself, so the rule doesn’t matter anymore.

Jihyo bought like more than 5 cans of soda from the vending machine and brought it here. Jihyo loves high places, so whenever her mind is in a mess, she would bought sodas and enjoy it in some high place. And in school, rooftops is the only high place that no one can come. She just there, all alone while trying to wipe out the thoughts about Momo confession and her assumption of mina’s feeling to momo.

A sigh let out from as she just dozing off while shipping the soda. She didn’t felt anything. Her mind just suddenly blank out and her heart seems to be down on maintenance. She just shipping the drink and she even didn’t considering whether it would harm her or not. btw, it’s already her 3rd can.

But suddenly the door beside her opened, Jihyo shifted her empty gaze to her left. Soon after she saw who just barged in, she a little bit shocked.

“Y-yerin? What are you doing here?”

“Me? I saw the rooftop key missing in the key holder on the council room so I decided to check. And here I see the president breaking rules.” Jihyo forced a smile

“Something troubling you huh?” asked Yerin.

“No.. just stress with works that’s all.”

“Liar.”

“no I’m no—“

“It’s about her right? Something didn’t went well right?” Jihyo looked at Yerin with a shocked but then Jihyo threw her head away again, avoiding Yerin’s gaze.

“N-No. nothing. Really.”  

Yerin ignored what Jihyo just said. instead, she looking here and there, trying to find something near jihyo but she didn’t find the thing then she just asked, “The lunch box you just bought isn’t here, meaning she accept it right? Then why you look so… down?” yerin asked.  Again, Jihyo stunned by what Yerin just said and Jihyo let out a sigh

“I can’t really hide anything from you huh?” she asked and Yerin just smile.

“so.. what’s wrong? You know you can tell it to me. I don’t mind.” Said Yerin

“Really? B-but it’s about me and someone that I like.”

“So? I’m just trying to help someone that I like. Is there any problem?”

“w-well yeah.. didn’t you even feel like.. jealous or.. hurt?” Yerin warm smile appeared and she said

“What’s going to hurt me, is just you holding all the pain and troubles by your own. Seeing you down is something that I don’t want to happen.”  Again Jihyo let out a sigh

“don’t worry about me, I’m okay. But you’re not. so my ears are all yours.”

Jihyo then tell every single thing to yerin. And yerin just sit there, looking at the same view Jihyo see, and listen to everything Jihyo said. Jihyo let out everything she held in her heart but weirdly, although it hurts so much, she didn’t cry. She can’t even cry.

“Yerin-ah.. I’m sorry to ask you this but.. when you knew I love mina.. how do you feel?” asked Jihyo

“exactly how you feel right now.” Jihyo threw her head up and looked to the sky. She smiled and laughed bitterly at her condition right now.

“Karma does exist huh? Hahaha.”

Yerin can see how Jihyo’s eyes filled with pain yet jihyo tried so hard to hold it. Jihyo’s eyes already red and in a moment she can cry. But Yerin know that Jihyo dislike showing her tears in front of other people. How come she knows? She sometimes caught Jihyo secretly crying whenever she’s stress over works or anything.. so yea..

“If it hurts so much, just cry Jihyo. Cry doesn’t mean you weak. Even if it means weak, being a weakling is not a sin. Just cry, don’t hold it.”

As soon as Yerin said that, jihyo who still looked up to the sky, suddenly shaking and tears rolled down from her eyes down to her jaw. At first yerin was kind of perplexed whether she should hug her or not. but as Jihyo’s sobs grew stronger, Yerin decided to throw her shyness away and just hug Jihyo.

The moment Yerin hug her, Jihyo’s tears grew bigger and it made Yerin heart hurt. Jihyo squeezed Yerin’s shirt hard as she buried herself down in Yerin embrace.

“Ssh.. there.. there.. let it all out..” said Yerin

This is really the first time she witness the strict, strong, and smiley Jihyo being so vulnerable. She sometimes just hear sobs and she never had any courage to come and comfort her. So this time, her heart really hurt a lot and it made her tighter her hug.

God.. I always pray for her happiness but why you give her these pains?

.

.

After a few minutes, Jihyo finally calmed down and now she just leaned her head on yerin’s shoulder and both of them just enjoying the peaceful scenery.

“I’m sorry Yerin.”

“hm? Why suddenly apologizing?”

“It just.. now I understand how you felt.. and right now.. I probably hurt you too.”

“nah..i’m fine.. like I said, you don’t have to worry about me. I’ll be okay.” Said Yerin. Again silence filled them and sometimes a slurping sound heard as jihyo drank her god knows how much soda she drank.

“You know, I think you shouldn’t give up yet. Momo-ssi might love her, but we don’t know about mina-ssi’s feeling right?”

“but it’s obvious that they are mutual.”

“obvious or not, you still can change it. Mina still single and instead you being down like this, just try to do something that can grab her attention. Don’t give up!”

Jihyo looked at yerin without saying any word. She just looked at the cheerful and bright yerin who smile widely, cheering for her.

“W-what? What’s with that face?” asked Yerin

“Are you really love me?” asked Jihyo

“well yea of course.. why?”

“Why are you asked me not to give up? Why don’t you… you know.. just ask me to forget about her and just.. move on?”

“I’m just trying to make you happy. That’s all.”

“even you have to be in pain?” Yerin nod and repeat what Jihyo just said, “Even I have to be in pain.”

“But it doesn’t make any sense.. why yo—“

“what an idiot eh?” Jihyo slowly nod and Yerin laugh at it.

“Well.. My friends told me that I’m an idiot for always try to make you happy but forget about my own happiness.. but I don’t mind. People have their own way to show their love. And this is how I show you mine.” Jihyo then suddenly hugged yerin and said,

“I’m really sorry yerin…”

“it’s okay. But I just want you to know that I’ll be always here. No matter what. Even if you want to use me as place for you to run from her, I’m okay.”

“no way.. I’m just going to hurt you more.”

“Don’t worry about me. As long as you’re happy, I’ll try to be happy too.”

“come on.. we know that thing won’t even true..”

“Well.. it’s up to you want to believe it or not.” said Yerin with a smile.

After that, both of them just spent time, talking in the rooftop while eating a sandwhich that apparently Yerin bought earlier. Yerin tried to threw jokes or anything to make jihyo laugh and Yerin is actually known as the gag combi with Shinbi in her group but since she’s always shy infront of Jihyo, she never showed it and it succeed made Jihyo laughing her lungs out.

Please god.. Never take that smile away from her.



Author's Notes:

YAHO!! I'M BACK! *Baksu baksu baksu*

but i actually want to rant a bit.. my laptop still broken and it even become much much more worse! 
it completely black out! gosh i really hate that person who try to fixed my laptop..

but worry no more! last week there's a long weekend in my country so i have opportunity to go back to my hometown since my uni is in another city. 
so i asked my mom whether i can borrow her laptop for the sake of my uni life and writting this story, gladly she's okay with that! yeey!

so yea i actually re-write the chapter and for the story that i wrote in my laptop, maybe i can use it for next update. 
and.. sorry if in this chapter there's only few of MiMOment since i also want to rise up the story from jihyo's side so.. i'll try to make it up in the next chapt!!

well.. don't forget to leave comment, subs, and vote!

love you guys!!

and oh! are you guys ready for heart shaker?? just watching the teaser i'm sure it'll be a bop! can't waitt!!



kamsahamnida *heart* *heart*