Chapter 18

Sealed Voice

Momo’s Room, Friday 08.00 AM

AUTHOR POV

Soon after Mrs.Hirai greeted Mina, she asked her to go straight to momo’s room since 30 minutes ago, Mrs.Hirai already tried to wake her up but once Mrs.Hirai left the room, momo went back to sleep. Well it’s all because she was studying until late night so Momo really need more sleep.

Mina also lack of sleep because of studying and finishing her project. And this morning, her mood is not really that great not just because the fatigue, but she had a short conversation with her father earlier and that conversation dragged mina’s mood hit the floor hard. But the moment she saw momo sleeping while hugging her favorite Sullivan doll, kinda cured her mood a bit.

Usually, Mina would stare for that peaceful face for a few seconds and then waking her up. But today is an exception since she came not as early as usual and they could be late. So Mina then sat on a vacant space near momo and tapped her shoulder gently—she’s afraid if she tapped it too hard, it’ll startled her and it’s bad for startling people who still in a deep sleep..

“Momo eonni, it’s time to wake up.”  Mina repeated those words for few times and the last time she did it, she only got a groaned from momo and momo turned around, giving mina her back view.   

“come on eonni.. it’s 8.00 now. We’re going to be late.”

Again, Momo groaned and then she said, “Five more minutes..” it was kinda muffled a bit since momo buried her face on her Sullivan doll but mina still can manage to catch it.

“Well.. No breakfast for eonni then.” Hearing that, Momo suddenly wake up from her sleep and it made mina smile. Kinda proud with her idea on using food as the bait..

Although Momo was sitting up real quick, but now she was just sitting with a really sleepy face, even her eyes still closed. She just sat there, doing nothing and just hope that time will collect her soul that scatters around the room. Mina chuckled when she saw momo’s face right now. Well she always laughs whenever she tried to wake momo up. It all because of the messy hair, eyes that tightly closed, and a small pout from her thin lips. Hearing mina’s small chuckled, momo tried to look at her but due to the sleepiness, she still can’t opened her eyes and seeing that, Mina squished both momo cheeks like those are a dough, hoping it would help to open her eyes.

“Ireonaaa~” Said mina with so much cuteness. Momo helplessly let mina playing with her cheeks and mina’s gummy smile appeared widely as she found Momo’s face it’s cute when she squish it like that.

“hai yur not esh erli esh usyuwol.” Mina let out a giggle when momo said that.. because Mina been messing with momo’s cheeks, no one could understand what momo was saying. Then mina stop playing with momo’s cheeks and made momo replayed what she was saying.

“why you’re not as early as usual?” asked momo.

“My father woke up early and he wanted to talk to me about something. So I came here not as early as usual.” Said Mina.

“Everything’s okay?” asked Momo and she got a small nod.

Although momo not hundred percent awake, she can see that mina is not as bright as usual. She knows that something happened during the talks because It’s written on her face. But maybe mina doesn’t want to talk about it so Momo didn’t push for the answer. Instead, Momo gave her a smile as she patted Mina’s head.  

“well.. Glad to hear that.”

Mina knows that Momo didn’t buy her lies. She knows  that momo sensed something’s wrong with her. well it’s not about something really bad actually.. mina just stress upon how difficult and time-consuming the new work her father gave her and yet he also wanted mina to do well in her exam. Mina really had to manage her time and divides her focus well since she has to accomplish both of it. She’s stressed, she’s scared, she’s anxious. But she knows momo also troubled with dividing her time for studying and practicing her dance since right after the exam week, she’ll compete in urban dance competition with her dance crew. So yea.. not telling Momo about her problem right now is the good thing.

 “Y-you should go to bathroom now eonni.. or else we might miss breakfast and even late to school.” Said Mina

“Oh right! No breakfast, no good! I’ll be back!” Momo went out to the bathroom and quickly preparing herself.

As soon as Momo left, Mina said to herself, “No mina. Don’t you dare run to momo eonni for help.. she’s busy enough and she doesn’t need any more trouble to think of.”

Then in order to forget her willing to run to momo for comfort, mina decided to turn on her laptop and start doing her work. “hhh... just do the job mina..”

.

.

.

Minutes went by yet mina can’t really focus on her work. She will type a bit but then a train of thoughts came and disturb her. it’s indeed slowing her working progress since she’ll end up dozing and let out few heavy sigh. She didn’t even realize that momo already finished her morning routine and now wanted to change her Barbie pajama to her summer uniform.

A slight sad smile appeared on momo’s face when she saw how sad mina is. The way Mina just dozing off, made momo sure that something is wrong with her and now, momo want to stop pretend like she didn’t know that something troubled Mina. Well she hate seeing mina sad and hurt so yea.. she just want to help her.

While she facing the cupboard and gave mina her back, momo said, “You know. I really don’t mind if you hide something from me.” That took mina’s attention and now she’s not dozing anymore, instead she just looking at Momo who’s now buttoning her uniform—still facing the cupboard tho.

“But what I do mind is the fact that you trying to be okay when you’re actually not.” said momo

“If you think I can’t help you on solving the problem, at least trust me to somehow ease the burden. Seeing you pretend like that, kinda hu—“ Momo stopped talking as suddenly mina gave her a back hug. It surprised momo of course but she tried to maintain herself. It’s not really the time to be flustered.

“See.. you’re not okay.” Said momo and then she turned around and gave mina a hug.

“I just.. don’t want you to worry about me..” said mina

“It makes me more worry if you pretend to be okay.” Said momo while she caressed mina’s back and it made mina deepen and tighten her hug.

“But you pretty occupied with studying and dance practice.. i don’t want to full up your brain with trouble and worries..” Muffled mina under momo’s hug.

“There’ll always be a vacant space for you, don’t worry..”

After hearing that, it really touched mina’s heart. But Mina didn’t cry or speak anything. She just hugged momo, feeling her warmth and slowly she found the comfort she’s been looking. Usually, that kind of comfort only can be found in Sharon’s or her grandpa’s embraces. But lately, This girl, a girl that she just knew few months ago, can magically gave her this kind of comfort and even gain her whole trust. She doesn’t know the reason why but she just had the feeling to rely and lean on momo.

“feel better now?” asked Momo. Mina nod but still hugging momo.

“okay then.. let’s go downstairs and we—“ Mina refused to let momo go as when momo released her arms, mina tighten her hug.

“you said you felt better.” A small whined came out from mina and momo tried so hard not to squeal as how cute the way mina act. But if they don’t stop, they will late for school so momo forced to break the hug and now she earned a pout from Mina.

Momo can’t hide her smile as she saw that. She pinched mina’s nose and said, “You’re cute when you being this clingy.”

“but if we not go downstairs now, we’ll be late for school.” Mina let out a sigh as she gave in. seeing this, momo gave mina a short hug and said, “Come on! You’ll be okay!”

“MOMORIN!! WHEN WILL YOU GO DOWN AND EAT YOUR BREAKFAST?!”

“BE THERE MOOM!”

“come on, Ursula is calling.” Mina slightly hit momo’s chest but a small laugh came out from her

“she’s your mother!” momo just grinned and after they packing up, they went down and eat breakfast.


 

JYP All Girl High School, Class 3-1, 10.00 AM

The class was rather noisy but not that noisy since everyone grouping and studying by them self.  The class just full of students murmering, trying to explain something to their mates or some of them arguing about the right answer. The teacher was absent so the class representative was told to do a self studying for all the students. The trio; Jihyo, Nayeon, and Momo gather in momo’s desk, studying like the others. Like usual, Momo would just dozing off while nayeon and Jihyo arguing about the right answer. Momo playing with her pen, looking at the green field in front of her and completely ignoring nayeon and jihyo who’s now screaming on top of their lungs.

Well she’s like that not because she’s bored or not intrested with the subject, but it’s all because of momo in a really deep thought about Mina. Earlier when she and mina on their way to school, Mina open up about what she and her father talking about. It just confused her upon how mina’s father demand so many thing, while he never think about mina’s feeling. They will have exams next week, yet Mina’s father gave her a really complicated job that’ll consume mina’s time. Yes mina is a genius and she also diligent. But mina still young.. she need a proper time to rest, a proper time to relax, and a proper time to eat. If she has to do everything at once and all of it have to be perfect, those won’t just effecting mina’s physical health.. but her mental health too..

Momo really want to save mina out from that kind of life where freedom is nowhere to be seen.. Momo really want to protect her. and maybe, talking to mr.myoui and ask him to at least considered mina’s welfare, is the solution. But she doesn’t even have any idea on how she could meet and talk with him since Mr.Myoui is really a busy man.

“Say nayeon-ah..Jihyo-ya..” both girls stop their fight and looked at the dozing momo.

“Do you know how to meet Mr.Myoui?”

“i’m sorry..Who?”

“Myoui Akira. Mina’s father.” Jihyo and nayeon threw each other a confused yet suspicious gaze upon hearing Momo’s sudden question. They sensed something will about to happen.

“Well... he’s really a busy man. Perhaps you can just go to the myoui co headquaters in apgeujong and make an appoinment there? Or.. just go to their house?” Momo nod her head, noted what nayeon just said into her head.

“Why suddenly asking about that?” asked Jihyo.

“I want to meet and talk to him.”

“about what?”

“Mina of course. I want him to at least not to strict on her.” Jihyo and Nayeon looked at each other, throwing confused gaze. But not long after that, both of them laughing hard. Momo who was dozing off, shocked hearing a sudden burst from her friends.

“what’s so funny about it? I’m serious here.” Both nayeon and Jihyo still laughing but when they saw momo’s face remains straight and serious, they stop laughing.

“wait.. You’re not joking?” asked Nayeon. Momo let out a sigh

“Do i look like one?”

“Well.. you look like a joke tho.pft..” hearing that, Momo gave Nayeon a sharp glare.

“whoa.. chill girl.. just kidding..” said Nayeon.

“Momo-ya.. we’ve talked about this right.. it’s impos—”

“yea yea.. I know. But at least I want to try..”

“Don’t. This is not something you can play with.” Said jihyo

“I’m not going to play with anything. I’m trying to save someone’s life here.”

“Hear this okay. Mr.Myoui could do something bad to your family if you dare to intervene with his family matters.” Said Nayeon

“yes. The risk is too severe mo..”

“I don’t care about the risk okay. If my family become poor but I can safe her, I don’t mind. If I can’t go to university because I tried to safe her, I don—”

“You thick-head! This is not just about you!” Jihyo raises her voice a bit. But once she saw all her classmate eyes looking towards their table, she tries to calm down herself and continue talking.

“Okay... I get it. Maybe you and your family can handle the risks. But momo, something bad will happen to mina for sure.”

“oh yea? Like what?” Jihyo looked at nayeon, perhaps she knows the answer.

“I don’t know much with this kind of case.. but if mina not doing her job, she will get punishment like her work will be doubled, locked in her house and no access to the outside world, and yea mostly anything that will make her never want that thing to happen again. And you know i honestly can’t imagine if you really try to talk to mr.myoui, and he probably will see it as something that insulting their family image so yea.. maybe Mina will get a severe punishment for that..”

“See.. better not to do it mo.”

“you know what? Even if that thing happens or other severe things happen, I’ll save her. no matter what.”  Both jihyo and nayeon let out a sigh. Debating with Momo is like debating with mina. Both of them have the same level of stubbornnes.. but the different is, momo never care about the consequences and that makes thing more complicated.

“now listen here okay momo.. What if, you succeeded on saving her but then mr.myoui trying to drag down your father company, or ruin your university dream. What would you do?” asked nayeon

“I told you. I don’t care.”

“This is not as simple as that momo!” Now nayeon the one who rose her voice. Well this talks kinda test her patience too. She really didn’t want something bad to happen to Mina but convincing the stubborn momo really frustrating her. But she realized that she had to control her temper so before continuing her attemps, she controled her breath and then continued it.

“okay, yes momo you can say you don’t care. But how the hell are you going to take care of her, if your family has trouble financially??

“We can manage it for sure. Beside, I can do part time job or anything.”

“ugh... okay. But do you even think about Mina’s feeling?”

“What do you mean by her feeling?”

“Momo, she care for you. A lot. And if something bad happend to you and she knows that it’s because of her, wouldn’t that soft hearted kid felling guilty and sad?” asked Nayeon and that’s made momo stunned. She never think about that.

“Told you mo.. this is not just about you and like what nayeon said earlier, this thing is not simple. Maybe you could handle with every risks, but mina? Just by the early warning that she said to us about not to intervine the thing that happen between her and her father, that’s showed us that she can’t bare with those risks..”

 “Then what should I do?! Just watch that girl stressing, frustrated, and crying by herself?!”

“The only thing we can do, is just stay by her side and support her. it’s safer that way”

“safer for who? You?!”

“Yah! Aren’t you listening? It’s safer for h—“

Suddenly momo stood up and she gave a glare to both nayeon and jihyo

“I had enough okay!” Momo’s eyes were burning in rage, she really don’t get it why Jihyo and Nayeon don’t want to take risk and try to save mina. They said that they’ve been friends since kids, but why they still hesitate?

“I followed what you guys told me to. I stay by her side and saw everything. Seeing how she can’t fulfilling her own dream, how she can’t enjoy life like she wanted, how she always controlled by her father’s will, seeing her crying, sleepless, restless.. I had enough of it! I can’t see that thing happen again okay! It hurts me a lot. I swore to myself that I’ll safe her and protect her. So I don’t care if anything would happen to me.. If something bad would happened to her, i’ll save her. If she felt guilty about what would happened to me or my family after her father’s “punishment” i’ll make sure she’s understand that we’re okay and she’s safe with us.” Momo’ breath was heavy since she let out every emotion that buried inside her and it made both nayeon and jihyo zipped their mouth.

 “Even in the end of the day, i can’t save her.. it’s okay. At least I’m trying, okay. Not just like both of you who claim yourself as her friends but just sitting there, doing nothing but watching her suffer by herself because both of you are too selfish and afraid that something bad will happen to you or your family.”  After that momo walked out from the class and ditch the class.

“selfish?! Yah! Comeback here! You can’t leave the cla—aish! That kid!” nayeon groaned frustrated and sulked down on her chair.

“ugh I can’t believe she just spill out her anger and run away like that.”

“but.. she was kinda right tho..” Nayeon snapped her head toward jihyo and looked quite shocked with how Jihyo reacted.

“We should’ve at least tried to save her.. but like what she said.. we’re too afraid..” she paused for a moment and continue what she’s going to say.

“We indeed gave mina strength. But it’s different on what Momo trying to do.. we just gave Mina strength to hold on, while Momo trying to give mina strength to move on.  You know… I’m glad momo came into her life..” said Jihyo

“For her rival, it’s quite weird tho for you to saying that.”

“hh.. I don’t know Nayeon.. but maybe.. it’s better for mina to be with momo.. right?”

“So you’re giving up now?” again a sigh came out from jihyo

“I don’t know..”

.

.

.

While stomping hard and angry, Momo walked out from her class and went to her usual place to cool down her burning self a bit. But before she hides herself, she decided to go to the fending machine to grab some drinks. Of course it’s sodas that she took but since she’s maintaining her body for the upcoming dance competition, she chose diet coke. Tho it doesn’t even have any different with the original one..  

Just when she passing by in school garden—which is right in the middle of building a,b,c and school hall, Momo stopped for a second and looked at the C building. She can’t see the Video game club’s room from there since the room is on the other side of the building, but somehow she thought that mina was there. Once or twice she would sipped her diet coke while she still looking at the building, thinking whether she should or shouldn’t go to video game club’s room and try to calm herself in there with mina. After couple of seconds, she decided to went back to the fending machine, bought some apple juice and then went straight to C building.

Momo skipped her step happily when she walked to video game club’s room. well of course.. she’s totally excited to spent her time with her crush chitchat a bit, playing games or maybe if mina is busy, momo can at least watch the serious mina that she really loves.  But if Mina looked really stress or really tired, Momo would force her to stop doing her works and just chilling with her. Just the thought on spending her time with mina already can redeem all her anger few second ago. It’s weird but yea.. that’s how much Momo in love with her.

When she arrived in front of the door, her bright smile and flowery feeling in her heart suddenly dissapeared and turned into a straight shocked face. the reason is, from the small glass on the door, Momo witness a brand new side of Mina that she never seen before. She had seen cute mina, clingy mina, sad mina, scary mina, happy and over excited mina.. but this thing.. thing that momo just saw was beyond her imaginations..

How mina put her hair on a ponytail, no glasses, body full of sweats and she just wiped down all of it with a tissue. Momo just witness y mina.. The most killing thing is.. Three buttons of her shirt is ed and Momo could see mina’s white tank top beneath her uniform and a really visible collar bone. Momo’s heart went wild, face turned hot and yea her brain completely blank out. (I’m sorry if this thing a little bit too much)

When mina wiped her nape, her eyes suddenly met momo’s and those y aura turn to a bright and cutie smiling angle. Mina cutely threw a gummy smile and waved at momo. Meanwhile, the poor raccoon only waved and showed her pabo grin.

Damn.. Myoui Mina is really a girl full of charm..

Of course Mina laughed at momo’s pabo grin. But then the girl gestured momo to come in to the room. the invitation made Momo turned around, let out her breath to calm her nerves and preparing her heart and her soul before she enter the room.

Come on champ. Don’t make it obvious. Control your nerves..

“eonni!” Momo jumped when suddenly she heard that voice.

“G-god! You scared me!” Mina laughed and after that she asked, “Aren’t you coming in?”

“Y-yes yes I’m coming…”


Video Game Club’s room.

When Momo went inside the room, she thought that the room temperature would be hot since she saw mina drenched in sweat earlier. But no, the air conditioner ran well. Instead, the room is a lot colder than the hallway.

“You look like you’ve been running for laps in the field.. what were you doing?” asked Momo

“yup. Eonni is right. I was running for few laps in the athletic field earlier.”

“for what? You were doing research for game thing?” mina shook her head

“I got a detention.”

“A WHAT?!” Momo totally shocked hearing what mina just said. of course, Jeongyeon said Mina and Sana would be free from all kind of detention. But now mina got one

Mina laughed when she saw momo’s reaction and then she made it clearer for momo “The teacher just gave me a detention because I’m not paying attention. So yea.. I ran for around 5 laps maybe..”

“But.. But you are MYOUI?! Aren’t there’s some kind of rule for teachers not to give a myoui a detention? Or that rule already expired?” asked Momo

“The rule is still exists, but apparently the teacher who gave me the punishment is new in this school so she probably still don’t know about that unwritten rule. But it’s okay.. finally I know what eonni usually went through.”

“And you still have time to tease me. Great.” Mina laughed at momo’s bitter comment.

“Here.. drink this. bought it for you on the way here.. you’re lucky my instinct told me to buy this apple juice for you.” said Momo

“Thank you so much eonni.” Mina grabbed the apple juice and gulped it right away.

Mina not just sweaty, but her face are somehow redden and just the way she gulped hard the apple juice, clearly showed momo that Mina is that exhausted. Momo also clearly understand how exhausted running laps on school field in this hour since she used to get this kind of detention if she ditch classes or not doing her homework.

“Do you bring any spare clothes?” asked Momo

“No, I don’t.. why eonni?”

“Okay eum.. you Just wait here for a sec and just chill out... I’ll be back.” With no explanation, momo ran out from the room and went to somewhere.

While waiting Momo to comeback, Mina just sat on her rolling chair and let the cold wind from AC blew of her fatigue. The reason why she got detention from her new teacher—history teacher, is because Mina was working during the class and she also not paying attention to the teacher. Although when the new teacher asked her, she can answer all of it since mina split her focus not just to her work but also to her teacher, but because her teacher thought that it was kinda rude and unpolite, Mina then have to run 5 laps on the athletic field.

Sana and the class representative tried to help mina to get out from the detention, but the new teacher decline to listen and mina just gave in since she also acknowledged that she was wrong. So yea.. now she’s drenched from sweat and she really tired, not just physicaly, but also mentaly. The work from her father is more complicated than she thinks, the pressure and anxiety on next week exam, her brand new programming project that been on hold because of all of those and she just afraid that if her father hear the news about her being on a detention, she will get another detention. Not from her teacher, but from her father since it’s possible that her father thinks it was disgracing their family name.

But upon her fatigue and stress still lingered on her, she still open up her laptop and continue the works that cut by the detention few minutes ago.

“Well at least I can focused all my brain on one thing..” said Mina as she wear her glasses and started to analyze the list of numbers infront of her.


5 minutes after that

*BRUK*

“Sorry i’m la—OH Really Mina? Working again?” Mina just glanced quickly at Momo who was just went in and after that she continue her work again

Upon only given a quick glance, Momo stomped and walked towards mina and dragged a chair so she can sit near her.

“didn’t I told you to rest?” asked Momo

“Already did it eonni. I’m not that exhausted anymore.” Said mina, eyes still focused on the screen.

“You still look exhausted tho.”

“Please eonni.. i need to—What is this?” asked mina as she suddenly saw a white t-shirt in front of her.

“Change to this. you could get sick if you still wear those drenched uniform.” Said Momo

“No need eonni. I’m sorry but i need to concentrate.“ Momo let out a huge sigh. A stubborn and workaholic Mina is really a troublesome.

“Why you keep decling everything i told you to.” Said Momo with a pout. But mina didn’t saw it as she totally immersed on her work. Momo then blocked Mina’s view from her laptop screen with her t-shirt and just before mina complained, momo said “Please if you want me to let you work in peace, Just wear this. i won’t bother you. Promise.” Mina then give in as she took momo’s t-shirt and about to wear it. But then she stop.

“Eum.. could you go out for a second eonni?”

“And now you don’t want me near you.”

“N-NO! It’s not like that.. you know.. i want to change my clothes..”

“So? Just change.”

“Eum... y-you know it’s a little bit...” Then momo got what mina meant. She kinda forget that mina is a totally shy girl that don’t even dare to change her clothes if there’s someone near her. Even girls and her mother..

Few second after mina changed her clothes, she asked momo to come in again and after that she went straight to her chair, continued her work again. Since Momo promised not to bother her, Momo just laid herself on the leather sofa and surfing the internet like she usually do.

The room was soo quiet and only the sound of mina’s keyboard that can be heard. The chatterbox Momo didn’t like the atmosphere for sure, but she has to understand mina circumtances. Yes she’s totally dislike the fact that mina was exhausted yet she didn’t even rest and still continue her work. But Mina’s work is really important and it’s better for her not to try anything stupid like seperating her from it. She hate to admit, but for now.. maybe what Jihyo and Nayeon said earlier make some sense..

“Momo eonni.” Momo just hummed at Mina’s sudden call.

“You ditching from class aren’t you?”

“No. i told you the teacher was absent.”

“then why Jihyo eonni and nayeon eonni searching for you?” asked Mina

“we kinda fight earlier. Maybe they want to fix things up. But please don’t tell them I’m here.” Said momo who still focused on the cooking video in her phone. Mina then nod and did what momo told her. But after that, she’s curious about what the reason those three fight for because although they bickering a lot, but they’ll settle it right away. And seeing momo wanted to avoid them, just made mina worried.

“Don’t you think you should talked about it instead avoiding them?” asked mina

“They’ll never agree with me so why bother.” said

“What actually you guys fighting about?” asked Mina

“You.” Hearing that, mina closed her laptop and dashed to momo. Mina squated down and looked straight into momo’s eyes and asked,

 “What did i do? I’m sorry..” hearing mina’s voice so close to her, she tilted her head towards the sound and shocked seeing a really worried Mina beside her

“N-no! you did nothing wrong.. “ Momo suddenly sitted up because of the shocked seeing mina’s face so close to her

“it just.. we were debating something.” said Momo and mina then sit on the vacant space momo gave and asked her, “Want to talk about it?”

“how about later? After you finished you work?” suprisingly, Mina shook her head and said, “i can finish it later. Eonni is a lot more...important..”

“w-well.. we’re not fighting.. just.. debating? I told them about my plan.. and they totally disagree with that and we end up having a tense debate.”

“plan? What plan?”

“Meeting your father and ask him to stop treating you like this.”  Mina was shocked and turned stiff when Momo said that. A train of scary thought came on to her and mina thought that she has to stop Momo

“No. eonni it’s a really bad idea. You’ll get trouble if you do that.”

“Nayeon and Jihyo said that too. But i don’t care. He can do anything to me but it won’t effecting me.”

“please… I beg you.. never try to talk to my father eonni..”

“I can’t just stay and saw you hurt like this mina.. I want to do something.”

“N-no.. I’m okay.. this is not really a problem.. So please just don’t..”

Mina looked so desperate and really begged momo to abort her plan.

“Mina, I’m doing this for you and I’ll bare all the consequences..”

“You don’t understand!” Momo was shocked hearing Mina rise her voice like that. Mina looked soo scared, panic and terrified.

 “You don’t understand eonni… please don’t..i beg you..” seeing how mina look, Momo cupped Mina’s face and said,

“Make me understand then.” Momo threw mina an ensuring gaze so the latter will find comfort and can lessen her worries. Once mina’s eyes stopped wandering in panic, it looked straight in to momo’s eyes and there momo saw the calm brown orbs she used to see. When mina already calmed, Momo let go her hand from mina’s face and said, “Now, tell me why you’re so opposing my idea.”

“Y-you know.. my father probably going to drag down Uncle’s business, auntie’s book selling, hana nee-san’s career, and eonni’s dream..if eonni tried to talk to him about me.. He’ll do it because he looked it as a threat to the company since I’m like the ‘brain’ that makes the company function well..”

“yea I know.. and my family didn’t bother for it mina. We’re going to be okay.”

“B-but.. not just that.. my father would probably made you..hating me..and then…leave me…” said mina slowly lowering her head..

“Those things won’t happened mina. I to—“

“No eonni… once I have friend like you. She’s one of our company partner CEO’s daughter. We spent time together and yea we were really a good friend. But one day.. after see saw me crying because I can’t keep up with the work that my father gave me, she asked her father to talk to my father.. and it end up.. It end up with me locked in house for a week..”

Mina paused a bit since the painful memories cameback again and she can’t help imagine that thing would happen again through momo.

“After a week of my detention.. I went back to school and thought that I finally can play with that friend again.. but no.. she and her new gang gather in front of me.. yelling in front of my face saying that she hates me and she doesn’t want to be my friend anymore..”

“Why? what happen?”

“She said.. My father almost made her family bankrupt and her father being hospitalized because of the stress and fatigue he got from over working. A-and.. one of my father assistance said to them that in order for the stability of their company, her daughter must leave me.. and she started to hating me since then…”

Momo hugged mina automatically when she heard that shaky voice. Mina didn’t cry. She just scared. She scared that she’ll lose momo. Someone she really doesn’t want to lose. Momo is a special person that she never want to lose. 

“I don’t want you to leave me eonni… I don’t want you to hate me.. so please don’t..”

“And how am I supposed to safe you if I didn’t try to talk to your father?”

“There’ll always another way.. beside I’m okay with this situation.. as long… as long as eonni is right by my side.. I’ll be okay..”

“But it hurts me too mina..” Mina then tightens up her hugged and said, “promise me that eonni won’t ever do it.”

“Mina.. you know I—“

“Please eonni..” with a sigh, Momo finally gave in and she caressed mina’s back,

“okay.. I promise.. but you also have to promise me to let me be by your side anytime okay?” Momo felt a nod on her chest. “promise.”

“now, you can go back and finish your work again.. sorry for the delay.” Said Momo but mina shook her head and snuggled herself on momo.

“Let me guess.. Still exhausted from the run?” Mina slightly nod. A little bit embarrassed that she caught lying earlier.

And so, in order for mina to rest more comfortably, momo changed her position from facing towards mina, to turn slightly 90 degrees to her left and facing TV. Making mina hugging her from her side and she can lean her head on momo’s right shoulder.

“Eonni, thank you for the t-shirt… I’m sorry I declined it at first.”

“Naah.. don’t worry.. is it comfortable enough?”

“It has eonni’s scent so.. yea.. it is..”

*THUMP**THUMP*

“w-well.. g-glad to hear that..”

DON’T GET FLUSTERED YOU IDIOT! SHE CAN FEEL YOUR HEART BEATING! CONTROL IT!!

But it actually just worsen up everything. Mina can feel momo’s nervousness and her restless gesture. And since she is as curious as a cat, she asked Momo. Slightly she looked up and said

“Eonni, are you o….kay?” their face was so close. Mina can see momo’s redden face that really really near her.

“Eo-eonni.. why your face really red?”

“really? I don’t know.” said Momo in a small voice—nearly whispering. But her eyes locked into mina’s eyes, completely forget about her flustered feeling awhile ago and now just drawn in to mina’s beauty.

Oh god she’s so beautiful..

“y-yes.. and your heart beating so fast too..” said Mina but suddenly momo smirk and went closer.

“Yours too.” The distance just made Mina remember about the kissing incident back when momo was sick. Mina really tried not to speculate that thing would happened again but the way momo keep coming closer and eyes locked in to her lips just made mina think that thing would happened again. None of them distance away.. mina just stay still while momo keep coming inch per inch

*KRIING*

The lunch bell start ringing but it didn’t bother the two. They just staring each other’s eyes and forget the annoying sound that the bell produce. “L-lunch break is starting.”

“yea.. I know.” said Momo. Mina gulped down her saliva because right now she’s really nervous. She never see momo like this. 

But then momo went closer and immediately made mina closed her eyes as now momo was so close to her. She also can even feel momo’s breath now. Seeing mina closing her eyes, momo smiled and said

“why you are so cute mina-ya?” Mina can’t even answer it as she’s too nervous about what going to happen. But without she even realize, Mina slightly lifted up her face and made her lips and momo’s nearly touched

*BRUK*

“FOOD FESTIVE TIME!!!!”

The moment they heard that, both of them automatically move away and sat on the different side of the sofa and momo awkwardly greet the person who just barged in

“H-hey there Jeong! W-What you got there?!” said Momo and since mina can’t handle the awkwardness, she walked back to her desk, turning on her laptop again. Maybe it can distract her mind from what about to happen earlier.

“Oh hi moguri!” and actually it’s not just jeongyeon, but the other VGC member also came in followed by Chaeyoung, Dahyun, and sana

“sana’s driver just delivered tons of food for us to eat. Isn’t that great!” said Jeongyeon who’s now already sit beside momo and the two freshman also sit on the sofa, helping their leader to prepare the food. While sana walked near mina.

“Mina eonni, I heard you got a detention??” asked Chaeyeong and she got a nod

“whoa.. it must be hard huh?” and mina shook her head to ensure her friends that she’s fine.

“Actually I asked for these feast in order to celebrate mina’s first detention.” Said sana.

“You’re mean eonni… but that’s a great idea! Let’s eat!” said Chaeyoung. Those four start digging the food with momo still in her nervous state. But she’s glad that none of them saw that she and mina nearly kissed. So yea.. it calmed her a bit.

Meanwhile sana sat on the chair beside mina, staring at the girl who’s now pretending to checked her work.

“I’m sorry I can’t help you at the class.” Said Sana

“don’t be.. it’s also my fault” said mina through iSpeak

“Come on stop your work and let’s eat.” Said sana

“Later.. after this okay.”

“Oh! There’s JOKBAL!! Your driver is the best Sana-ya!” Screamed Momo and just hearing momo’s voice suddenly made mina’s face turned red and of course sana noticed it.

“You know. I brought this not just for celebrating your first detention..” sana went closer to mina’s ear and whispered, “but it also to celebrating your nearly first kiss.” Mina’s face turned amazingly red when sana whispered that.

Oh my god..

But what Sana didn’t know.. it was not going to be Mina’s first kiss. Her first kiss were already happened long time ago and with the same person who don’t even remember it. well that’s what mina thought, right?

I nearly kissed her again…



AUTHOR'S NOTES:

HELLO AND HAPPY MINA DAY EVERONCE!!!!!!!!!!!
Please don't hate me for the super duper late update... you know.. writer block happend and i kinda distracted with few of new story ideas 
so yea.. i'm sorry! *bow*
hope you like this chapter and please wait for the next one
and oh a little shamless promote.. you can follow my twitter akkergo5. 
whenever you think that you guys miss my story, you can mention me. but you don't need it if you don't want to kekeke

oh well.. don't forget to leave the comment, up vote or for the new reader, don't forget to subscribe~ 

the end is coming guys~ kekekek

love you guys ^^



Kamsahamnida