Chapter 19

Sealed Voice

Sunday 13.00 PM Hirai Residence

HIRAI MOMO POV

I was just lazily laying on my bed, doing nothing but scrolling through my phone. Well although tomorrow is the first day of exam, but I need to rest my brain and gladly both my parents okay with it. At first I want to text mina and asked her to hang out together. But the guilt and embarrassment from the awkward encounter.. you know… that I nearly kissed her few days ago… made me aborted my intension.

Well.. Right after that thing happened, both Mina and I are sooo awkward with each other. We can’t looked to each other’s eyes, we can’t started any conversation, our ride back home was full with awkward silence, we even bowed politely to each other when we arrived at Mina’s house.. and what makes everything worse is, mina didn’t message me since that day. Maybe she’s busy… but still! She could be feel weird because of what I did and didn’t want to contact me..

Of course yes, I’ve kissed her and probably mina can act like nothing happened just like what she did back then—when I was sick and kissed her.. Because she thought that she’s the only one who remember about it as a real thing so.. maybe it easier for her to act cool. you know what I mean right?  but the thing that happened two days ago it’s different. I wasn’t sick, I was awake, I’m not tired at all, and both of us remember it crystal clear.  So yea… she probably thought I’m weird because I was fully conscious and want to kiss her..

Another thing that I’m afraid.. Mina is smart. Scratch that.. she’s genius. Her brain probably always working and thinking everything.. so it makes Mina become a really curious person. She always wondering things and if there’s something she doesn’t understand, she will ask.. and her stubbornness also make it worse.. no matter what she’ll try her best to get the answer for her questions.. So, what if Mina asked me why I wanted to kiss her? what if she want me to explain my action? the only thing I could do, is just confess my feeling right? and I think I’m not ready yet..

Should I apologize? No no… she will think I’m just messing with her..

Or should I just randomly text her and act like nothing happened? Well.. I already did that but she hasn’t replied any of messages.. darn it… I’m worried yet afraid…

*Knock* *Knock*

Still laying on my back, I looked toward my opened door and saw my dad stood in front of it.

“Mind if I come in?” I laughed at how polite my dad is.. no one in this house asked permission when they want to come into my room. Everyone always barged in. well except when I have guest of course..

“Even if I told you not to, you’d still come in right?”

“Of course.. Besides, I’m the one who bought this house right?” My dad then came in and sit on my bad. Since he’s muscular body quite heavy, my bed immediately sank and he suddenly asked,

“Is there something bothering you, kiddo?”

“let me guess.. Mom sent you here huh?” he laughed when I said that. Well.. that’s the fact. Dad is the densest among our family. My mom is the most quick-witted person in this house.. not just because she was majored in psychology, but it also because her “mother’s instinct” and yea.. it’s a bullseye. My dad nods his head.

“So.. tell me kiddo. What’s wrong? Exams nervous?” asked my dad

“Psh.. no way. I’m not confident with it, but I’m not really nervous about it.” I said

“Then it’s about mina huh?” I looked at my dad with a surprised face and said, “H-how did yo—Mom told you this?”

He’s heavy voice laugh suddenly came out and after that he said, “If your mother think that, she won’t bother sent me here. She’ll be the one who’s talking to you right now.” oh.. then my father is not that dense huh..

“You can tell me. Maybe I could help."

“Eum.. have you ever nearly kissed someone?”

“Of course. I nearly kissed your mom once.. even before we become a couple.” Hearing that, I quickly sat up

“Really?” my dad nods at it “And.. how was it?”

“We were in campus summer party and then kinda drown with the euphoria and I nearly kissed your mom but the fireworks were too loud and scared her. So.. yea.. what a boomer.”  Well.. it’s better being interrupted by fireworks not bunch of your crush’s loud friends.

“So.. what happened after that? Did both of you become awkward with each other?”

“Of course.. It’s totally awkward but it didn’t stand that long.. the next day we already normal again.”

“How? Did you talk to her?”

“Nope not a single word.. Both of us just play it cool. Like nothing happened.”

“Mom didn’t ask you for the reason? Didn’t avoid you or judged you or.. anything?”

“Nope.. Because I act like nothing happened so she acted like that too. That’s what I thought back then.. but after we become a couple, she told me that she didn’t ask because she already now that I loved her without me even knowing my own feeling.”

“H-how come?” My Dad shrug his shoulder to me. My mom is really something…

 

“Okay enough talking about me and your mom. So.. I assume you nearly kissed mina?”

I felt my face heated up and yea. For sure my dad caught me on that as his shocked yet smiley face popped up. That makes me embarrassed and I hung my head low to hide myself.

“Atta girl! You nearly kiss her twice!” w-wait what?!

“T-Twice? W-what do you mean twice?”

“Oh come on kiddo. Hana told us that when you sick, you kissed her and thought that it was a dream.”

Ugh! Screw that devil women! Why she can’t even kept that as a secret.. damn.. now all my family know that I’ve already kissed someone.. and it’s mina.. and it’s in the dumbest way ever.

I let out a sigh and admit my dad’s assumptions. “I messed up dad.. We become awkward, and mina is avoiding me..”

“Avoiding you?”

“Yes.. she hasn’t replied my messages.”

“You tried to call her phone?” I shook my head

“I.. I’m afraid…” My dad suddenly pulled me into his big muscle body and hugged me while he patted my back.

“Hey come on kiddo.. Don’t be so negative.. she didn’t avoid you right when the first kissing accident happened?” I nod, still under his hug

“Then don’t worry! She probably busy with something. or even if she’s indeed avoiding you, just give her some time. I’m sure Mina won’t leave you.”

I pulled out from his hug, looked up to him and asked, “You sure about that? Mina won’t leave me?” he gave me a smile a nod

“She always come here every day, waking you up, eating breakfast together with you, go to school and went back together.. You’ve become her life and I bet for an organize person like mina, missing her usual routine is disturbing.”

“Did mom told you to say something like this?” she let out a laugh hearing that

“Why you underestimating me so much? I’m your father you know!”

“Yea~ and you are the best father ever.” I dived in his hug again and he hugged me tight

“And you are the best magnae ever.”

So yea.. my dad is right.. I need to calm down. Maybe mina is indeed busy so she can’t reply my messages. And the awkward between us few days ago, were just because of mina’s shyness and my coward self... if she indeed avoiding me, I’ll give her some time and maybe I’ll try to talk to her.


 Clas 3-2, Friday lunch break

It’s already the last day of exam and for these past days.. I think everything were okay? I mean yea I struggled in many subjects but it’s not as hard as last year.. Maybe the study with mina really help. Scratched that.. It really helped me a lot.

Speaking about Mina… last Monday, when she came into my house like usual, she apologize for not answering any of my messages because guess what? yes she’s soo busy with works and study. That’s not the only reason why I’m glad now.. it all because there’s no single awkwardness between us. We talked like usual, jokes around like usual.. nothing change.. Like what my father said.. she didn’t try to avoid me and yea.. she also didn’t brought that thing up and acted like nothing happened.. so I do the same and nothing is change.

well except that we rarely meet and talk because of mina’s work.. the only time I could talk with her, is just in the morning when she had breakfast with my family and on our way back home. Even sometimes when we’re on the way to school in the morning, She’s busy with her laptop. and in the night where we usually sent messages to each other, there’s none beside ‘have a nice dream’ and such.. yea I really miss talking to her.

“Hey hey! Earth to momo!” Nayeon’s voice and her snapping finger woke me from my deep thought.

“I’m sorry. Are you guys talking about something?” I asked

“well.. nothing actually. But you’re not in our conversation so it made us worried. You’re okay right?”

“Yes of course I’m fine.. I’m not thinking anything.. just dozing off..” I said. Lied of course…

Suddenly Jihyo lent her hand on nayeon and said, “Told ya.. now give me that chocolate pudding.” Nayeon then grumpily gave her chocolate pudding to Jihyo and the latter accept it with a big smile.

Hold up.. did these two betting on me?

“what the hell just happened?”

“We were betting on you. Whether you’re just dozing off, or stressed with the exams.” I rolled my eyes after hearing that. Damn these two..

“Oh right.. Tomorrow, me and jeongyeon want to go to eat pizza and perhaps shopping.. any of you want to come?”

“Nope I’ll pass. I already had plan tomorrow.” Said jihyo

“Oh really? with whom? A girl name Yerin I assumed?” asked Nayeon

“No… I’m going to a book fair and cinema with Mina.”

Wait who? She said mina right? myoui mina?

“O? she’s not busy?” asked nayeon

“She said she’ll finished it today.” I didn’t say anything after Jihyo said that.

I can’t say anything because.. well.. what am I supposed to say? Jihyo and I decided to be a good rival. No sabotage, no over-claimed, and no interruption. So yea.. I can’t ask her to stay out of mina, right?

“How about you momo?”

“Me? nothing actually.. Probably I’m just going to practice a little bit more and then rest..”

“Ah about your dance competition.. I’m afraid I can’t go.. the day after tomorrow is my grand ma’s birthday so we’re going to have a small party.. sorry mo..”

 “Naah it’s okay.. it’s not like your presence have any effect anyway.” For saying that, I got a smacked from nayeon’s big hand. It hurts. Really

“Yah! how dare you!”

“Chill grand ma.. I’m just kidding..”

“You won’t sulked and cry the whole day?”

“I’m not you.” again Nayeon smacked me in the arm

“For god sake Nayeon! My stage outfit is sleeveless! It’ll be embarrassing if there are bruised on my arm! Stop it!”

“Then stop being annoying!”

“You are the one who’s annoying!”

“You are!”

“No you are”

“you—“

“Guys! Guys! Guys! Stop will ya! Both of u are annoying. So zip it.”

“You are annoying, Jihyo.” after nayeon said that the three of us didn’t say anything and just looked at each other eyes. and in split second, the three of us were wrestling and messing the others.

But the three of us stopped because one of the student let out a dry cough. Signal that we’re disturbing them.

“Well.. we are annoying.” And the three of us laughed at that.

After that chaos, the three of us just continue doing what we were doing. Jihyo continue reading her book, preparing for the last exam of this week, and then Nayeon busy with her phone.. Probably playing something. You know there’s a reason why jihyo choose nayeon as the supervisor of the Video Game Club. Because Nayeon herself love to play video games. Although not as maniac as the club member…  meanwhile, I’m continue dozing off.. thinking about nothing but Mina’s and Jihyo’s “date”

To be honest, tho we declared good and healthy rivalry, I still feel a little bit jealous that Jihyo will have a ‘date’ with mina on Saturday.. Actually I was planning on hanging out with mina. let the poor girl rest a bit from her hardcore works.. but this time I’m probably too late huh?

“Guys, I have something to tell.” Said Jihyo.

“Why so serious? We’re not in seminar.. just talk.” I said

“Wel,l both of you busy with your own world right?”

“Okay okay. Sure. What is it?”

“It’s about my plan with mina tomorrow.” She paused a bit and then she said something that made my heart sink. “I’m going to confess tomorrow.”

“You what?!” that’s Nayeon.

“I’m going to confess. Tell mina my feelings toward her.” okay. I’m doomed.

“O-oh? Really? W-well… good luck!”

“W-wait wait. Hold up! You are going to confess to mina? asking her to be your girlfriend?”

“Something like that.”

“But what abo—“

“Hei nayeon.. relax! Me and Jihyo already had an agreement that we will support each other. Chill! By the way is there something that I can help?”

“Naah.. nothing. I just want you know that.. because we’re a rival right? a good one.”

“Yeah sure..”

“No matter what happened the result are, no heart feeling okay?” I nod at her question. But she then gave me her pinky to make a promise. I then linked my finger on jihyo’s and made the promise.

“Ms.Park we need a word. Outside. Just me and you. NOW” both of them looks irritated and left me. okay…. that was weird…


AUTHOR POV

Hallway, Lunch break

Nayeon dragged Jihyo out from the class and both of them have a secretive talk under the stairs, where people can’t eavesdrop.

“Mind to explain me?”

“What? How I decided to confess? What’s wrong with that” said Jihyo

“you asking me what’s wrong with that? Really?” Jihyo gave nayeon a nod

“Then what about Yerin?” a frown appeared on Jihyo’s brows

“What about her?”

“Oh come on! Jihyo it’s obvious okay. you have feelings for her. with yerin.”

“Wha—how do you so sure about that? She just a friend of mine okay.”

“Just a friend? Jihyo! you spent many times with her. and don’t try to hide the fact that sometimes you steal a glance to her because honey, I saw that every time we work in the council room. Or how you sometimes smiling and blushing like an idiot when Yerin being so sweet to you? Jihyo, it’s so damn obvious!” said Nayeon

“Come on. It’s nothing! She just a really really good friend.”

“Then you are really mean jihyo.” that words made jihyo’s grown thicker.

“You just gave her a false hope.”

“What?! False hope? Okay here’s the thing. First, I didn’t give her any hope okay. Second, Yerin knows that we don’t have mutual feelings. Once she confessed to me but I rejected her because I’m love with mina, and she knows that too. And lastly, she’s the one who always encouraging me on getting closer with mina and she’s also the one who asked me to confess my feeling to mina. don’t blame me for this thing because she’s the one who keep asking me to do it. she’s the one who make me believe I can get mina.”

“No way. you want me to believe that? Come on why the hell she di—“

“Yes. I react the same thing like you the first time Yerin said she want to help me. I don’t believe and think that’s reckless since it could hurt her badly. But she didn’t care and still do it.”

“did she tell you why?”

“well.. B-because.. because she loves me and as long as I’m happy, she’ll try to be happy too.” Nayeon sigh hearing that

“Now I want you to listen okay. You understand the circumstances between Mina and Momo right?”

“Oh so you on Momo side now? after you said tha—“

“I told you I pick Mina’s side!”

“But it looks like you prefer momo wi—“ Jihyo words stop after she realize what Nayeon actually meant.

“Jihyo.. you are my friend, and I hate to see you hurt.  I know you already sense this thing too. So please re-consider your plan...”

Jihyo’s head hung low after nayeon said that. To be honest she knows this won’t end well. She knows that she will only get rejection but she just confused on everything. The way Yerin always encouraged her and gave her advices, somehow Jihyo doesn’t want to make those thing vain.. she want at least make Yerin’s effort become useful. And maybe by doing what Yerin told Jihyo to do, Jihyo can end the pain that she always give to Yerin. Maybe it can also stop the guiltiness inside Jihyo that kept blaming herself for being egoist and keep hurting Yeirn. Although Yerin gave her so many confidence and strength, she’s still afraid of the rejection.. she thinks she’s not ready yet to hear it directly from mina. but this feeling suffocating her and she really want to let it out..

And how close Mina and Momo now also made Jihyo scared that she’ll lose the battle. Well yes she knows she already lost. But again, yerin words that made her decided to stand and try to face her fear.. fear of rejection. Fear of the fact that she’ll face. So she thought that the only best thing she could do, is just confess.

Seeing Jihyo’s face become gloomy. Nayeon then decided to redeem her emotions and hug her best friend.

“I’m sorry Jihyo.. but I think you should give Yerin a chance..”

“I really don’t know what to do Nayeon-ah…” nayeon caressed Jihyo’s back and said,

“Follow your heart Jihyo-ya. Ask your own heart whom do you wanna be with. The person who you love the most, or the person who love you the most.” Hearing this Made Jihyo tighten her hug on nayeon

.

.

.

The hallway is full of students that walking out from school and went to whether its their house, or another place with their friends. Yes of course, every after school time hallway is always packed with students. And Jihyo also there. But now not as a student council president that on patrol, but just the student Jihyo, waiting for someone. Jihyo just stood near the lobby door, and waited patiently. Every students that went passed her, will gave a polite bow or a warm wave—to show their respect to the president. She’s quite bored standing there, until the girl she’s waiting finally come.

“Oh? Jihyo?” Jihyo quickly tidying her posture when she heard a familiar voice talked to her

“Hi there! Yerin..”

“I thought you already left.” Said Yerin

“I… Do you have something to do after this?” Yerin shook her head for sign that she’s free

“Well eum.. Momo is busy with dance practice and Nayeon left me.. perhaps.. you wanna hang out?”

“Sure. Where do you wanna go?”

“How about we grab some ice cream?” Yerin gave Jihyo two thumbs up and a wide smile.

“L-let’s go then..” and after that, those two walk toward their usual ice cream parlor.

Beside wanted to spent time with Yerin, there is another reason why Jihyo asked Yerin to hangout with her. She want Yerin to know that She want to try confess her feeling towards Mina. Earlier Nayeon who knows that Jihyo wanted to do this, really really disagree with it. Nayeon said that Jihyo just going to hurt Yerin more for telling her that. But Yerin been helping her many times and it made Jihyo kinda hard to keep a secret from Yerin. So in the end she still meet Yerin.

But her nervousness really obvious and it made Yerin who’s now eating her ice cream across Jihyo, noticed it and asked her. “Is there something you wanted to tell me?”

“Eum.. its just.. tomorrow I’ll hang out with mina..”

“Oh really?? great! Where do you want to take her to?”

“Book fair and cinema..”

“Pft.. of course.. you’re crushing on a bookworm and that’s the perfect place.”

“a..and there’s still another thing..” Jihyo paused a bit to ease up her nerves. Once she’s calm enough, she begin talking.

“I want to confess too… to mina..” Jihyo thought Yerin will looked at least a little bit sad or disappointed. But it’s totally the opposite as now yerin is soo excited.

“Really?? yeey! Finally someone decided to go out from their cage and be brave! Good luck jihyo-ya.”

“Y-you okay with that?”

“Well.. yea.. I practically always encourage you to do that right? of course I’m okay..”

“So eum.. what do you think about the result?”

“Hm.. Maybe.. she’ll accept your confession.. to be honest I’m not really sure..” Somehow that turned Jihyo’s temper switch on.

“You’re not sure?”

“Yes. Somehow I can’t understand Mina’s thought. But there’s probability that she would accept you and there’s a chance for you. Just be confident!” And there goes Jihyo’s sefl control

“Oh so back then you keep encouraging me to confess my feeling to mina for what? so you can watched me suffer from rejection?”

How Jihyo suddenly blow up like that made Yerin shocked. Especially with the accusation that Jihyo threw to her. 

“what? don’t be ridiculous! no! I’d never think something like that.”

“Then why you’re not stopping me from confessing my feelings to her? you said you don’t want to see me in pain but what are you doing now? you told me to be confident so I can ‘bravely’ facing a rejection? Oh! I get it now. you maybe just want to make me miserable and then you’d take that as advantage to get closer to me right? you want me to face the rejection and then snaking to make me reply your feelings.”

“Jihyo, maybe I indeed take advantage. But the advantage that I took only chance to talk normaly with you, hang out with you, and chance to spent time with you. There’s never even once I thought on making you in pain and take advantage on that.”

“Then why you still pushing me to confess?!”

“Because I know you won’t listen and worse case is, you would hate me!” yelled yerin. Glad thing they were eating their ice cream on the outdoor part of the parlor and nobody around them so no one hear their fight.

That the first time Jihyo saw Yerin yelled like that. The soft hearted and bubbly yerin she knows being furious like that.. it suddenly made the fire inside Jihyo dimmed.

“If that what you want.. then don’t. don’t confess your feeling to mina. Give me a chance. Just look at me. even if you can’t love me then just use me to forget her. forget your feeling on her.” Yeirn voice was shaky and tears already build up inside her eyes. but it didn’t stop her to talk since Jihyo herself can’t even opened to speak

“Stop chasing for someone who doesn’t even look you the same way as you look at her. Stop chasing for someone who didn’t even think about you as much you think about her. stop chasing for someone who’s heart already belong to other people!” all that words stabbed Jihyo’s heart right away and it hurts her so bad. But what made jihyo’s heart ache more is tears that rolling down from Yerin’s eye.

“You know what? I never felt hurt as how I’m feeling right now. this is more painful than every sacrifices I did to you.”

And there.. Yerin left Jihyo who stiffen on her chair. Doing nothing but regretting and blaming herself. The picture of yerin crying keep replying inside jihyo’s head and suddenly she felt a great pain inside her and tears began rolling down from her eyes.

‘why can’t you stop hurting her, Jihyo’


Saturday

Jihyo and Mina now arrived in the book fair. After finished their lunch, both of them quickly went to the book fair so they can buy many books.

Oh yes about yesterday drama, Jihyo still decided to go hang out with mina and still undergo her plan—confessing. At first Jihyo want to cancel the meet up with mina. but she afraid mina would disappointed and jihyo can’t afford hurting another girl again. Well.. Jihyo still can’t solve her problem with Yerin. She tried to call Yerin plenty times after that, but yerin didn’t even answer it and none her messages were replied. But although its not really that effective, but the way mina smiling so wide right now, slightly cure the pain.

After a sleepless night, coinsidering what she should do, she decided to give Yerin a space and time. And here she’s now. in the programming book section inside the book fair. And somehow, the way Mina’s eyes lit brightly as she scanned tons of book and search for the book she wants. Slightly made her feel better a bit. Moreover, the way she smiled when Jihyo decided to help carried her book.. yes it cure her. but weirdly, just a tiny bit.

When mina finished searching for books she wants, it’s now Jihyo’s turned and both discus on few books that Jihyo choose. Other people will see this thing as a boring, but these two love book so much and maybe that’s the only similarity they have. Seeing how the conversation between them running normally, Jihyo decided to step aside her worry and guilt on Yerin.. she has to solve her problem one by one.. and it’s start with confessing to mina first and she will solve her problem with Yerin.

Meanwhile in other place, in Hirai residence to be exact, Momo being restless the whole day. She’s in her sister’s room now and music blasting all over the room. She’s practicing hard for dancing competition that will be held tomorrow. And yes, another reason is she want to distract herself from Jihyo and Mina. Around 12, Momo sent Mina a message that asked whether she’s already eat or not and couple minutes after that momo asked whether Mina and Jihyo already arrived at the venue or not. But unfortunately, no responds and it made Momo think that Mina really had a wonderful time with jihyo since usually she always reply momo’s message quick.

Her worried then made her slipped and fell down. but gladly no injuries, just a shocked that made her focus and also a sudden enterance from her worried parents.

“Momorin you okay?!”

“I’m okay mom.. just slipped that’s all.”

“Stop thinking about her and just dance kiddo.”

“I’m not thinking about mina!”

“well I never intend it to be her tho.”

“Ugh daaadd!!” Mr.Hirai just laughing and left the room while mrs.Hirai stay

“What’s wrong right now between you and her?”

“Nothing mom.. really..”

“okay then... By the way darling, please rest for a bit. You already dancing for 2 hours yet you haven’t even eat lunch. come one eat first then you can continue.”

“I’m not hungry.. maybe few minute after this.”

“Okay… But you have to take a break. just a short break.” Momo let out a sigh and complied. after Mrs.Hirai left the room and momo flopped on her sister’s bed. Little the she knows, she drifted down to dreamland and sleep for quite long time.

.

.

.

Time passed by fast as now sky already turned dark. It’s 7 pm now and both Mina and Jihyo are on the bus, heading way home. They had so much fun together. From the sudden book signing of both Mina’s and Jihyo’s writer in the book fair, exciting action movies that the two watched in cinema, everything is fun and mina who was lately busy with works felt healed by today’s hang out.

They’re now talking about few things, of course mina with her laptop, and they ignored how stressing the traffic is. But then, Mina felt a buzzed inside her bag and Mina quickly grabbed it, afraid that it’s from her father. But actually, nope. Mina smiled as soon as she saw the notification.

 

Message from Momo Eonni:

Hey, are you still with jihyo?

 

Message to Momo Eonni:

Yes ^^

We’re on the bus on the way home. Just few bus stop again.

 

Message from Momo Eonni:

Okay then. Stay safe.

 

Mina sense something wrong with the way Momo messaged her. But she decided not to think about it too much because sometimes momo will gave her a short and straightforward message like that so yea she just trust on that fact.

“Who’s that from? Your dad?”

“No, it’s momo eonni.” Jihyo nod hearing that

No conversations after that, but that not last too long as suddenly Jihyo decided to bring up some topics

“Hey mina, can I ask you something? but maybe this kind of offensive to you..” Mina gave Jihyo a smile and its indicate that she’s okay with it

“You and momo just met but.. I think momo knows pretty much about yourself? I mean everything you hide from us? Why? why momo but not the others? Not even sana?”

“I also don’t mean to offend you. But Momo eonni is the only person that dare to look me in the eye and said that she would protect me from my father and she would protect me from anything.”

“Because she never think for the risk?”

“She does think about the risk. Momo eonni maybe always look goofy and even the whole school gave her the Hirai Pabo Momo label on her name. But it doesn’t mean she never think. She’s smart besides she’s the only one can win debate with me right? and instead of worrying about the risk, Momo eonni decided to ignore it so she can save me. and I’m sorry.. none of you are dare enough to do something like Momo eonni right?”

“That’s really momo’s charm that no one could beat... Never gave a second of thought to safe others. and that’s why sometimes I’m worried about her.” Jihyo paused a bit and then she said, “if she makes wrong decision and end up hurting you, just tell me okay? as long it’s not your father, I’ll help you. or if she end up risking herself I want you to know that me and the other’s will try to protect her.”

“thank you eonni.”

“Nah.. it’s nothing. Oh hey look. Here’s your stop.” Mina then stood up, ready to leave the bus

“thank you for today eonni. I’m really happy. And I’m sorry to for not—“

“hey hey it’s okay.. It’s not your fault.” Mina then bid goodbye and went out from the bus.

 

The truth is, Jihyo did confessed to Mina. saying that she loves her more than a friend, not like a senior to junior, not like sister, but in a romantic way. and just like what Jihyo thought and like what everyone thought. Mina rejected her. She only see Jihyo as her dependable big sister not more than that. The time Jihyo confessed, Mina keep apologizing because she afraid that she hurt Jihyo and might effecting their friendship. But Jihyo already make sure that those thing won’t happened.

Just when Jihyo let out a sigh, a heavy sigh that picturized a slight realived, she saw that Mina left one of her books under the chair and the book is the one that signed by their favorite author. Jihyo then decided to stop the bus and chase mina. she already passed few meters from mina’s bus stop so she ran hope mina still nearby.

Right after she pass the corner, right before the convenient store, there she saw Mina walking straight to some way that jihyo assume as Mina’s home. But Jihyo decided to stop and didn’t give the book back to mina. Because Mina is not alone she’s with a girl that carrying mina’s bag full of books. Mina was talking normally to the girl and the other girl just nod and listen to every single words Mina said. Jihyo can’t hear anything but  just seeing mina’s face, she’s sure that mina talks something exciting that happened today. And the girl is none other then momo.

“Well.. It’s not just because she dare to risk everything for you so you decided to trust her, mina. But it because you love her. When will you realize that.”

Again, Jihyo saw that smile. The smile that she would never get from her. and without she even realized, tears that she tried to hide finally rolled down. she then turned around and went back to the bus stops.

She knows it hurt. Nayeon already remind her that. But suddenly all these pain she felt, makes her remember about a certain girl that constantly going through this kind of pain everday.. and it all because of her. without thinking much, she decided to grab her phone and dialed the girl’s phone.

“Please yerin pick up… just this once.. please..”

*KREK*

“Can you stop calling me?”

Jihyo thought that she could talk, but no. nothing came out from . The pain, the guilt, everything gobbled her and her tears made everything worse.

“I’m hangin—“

“I’m sorry…”

*SNIF*

“I’m sorry for giving you so much pain. I’m sorry for hurting you without even once tried to heal any your scars. I’m sorry for never notice you.. I’m so sorry for all the things I said yesterday.. Please forgive me yerin.. please..” Yerin didn’t say anything. she can’t actually because although Jihyo’s words hurt her so much, hearing Jihyo crying like this, being so weak. Yerin can’t stand it.. she tried to hold her tears

“S-stop crying please.”

“And I want to.. I want to apologize for this last thing..” Jihyo paused a bit to cleared her troat, “Please.. please I beg you make me forget this pain..make me forget about this feelings..” a huge sobs fell and tears start running in yerin too.

“Jihyo.. please stop..” Jihyo didn’t stop and still crying. No matter how many time yerin tried to call her name, Jihyo didn’t stop crying.

“Jihyo, I love you. you now that. And I’ll help you to forget everything you want to forget. As long as you try to accept me, try to acknowledge my existence, and try to love me..”

“I will..”

“Where are you? I’ll pick you up.”


Myoui Residence

Momo and Mina now already arrived in front of Mina’s house and again, no one in her house. But mina said that her parents will come home late so momo didn’t have to sleep over in mina’s house. Although the two of them already talk many things on their way to here, Momo still have something that she keep hesitating to ask during their walk. But then she shyly asked mina

“S-so eum.. should I congratulate you?”

“For what eonni?”

“You know.. you and jihyo..”

“what’s with me and Jihyo eonni?”

“come on mina.. Jihyo is my friend too. I know..” Mina let out a small smile hearing that.

“Maybe you should give her encouragement.. I perhaps hurt her..” hearing that, momo understand that Mina rejected Jihyo. although part of her feel realived, but other half feeling sad since Jihyo is her friend so she also feel bad.”

“Why eonni asked that?”

“W-well.. j-just you know.. that maybe I could teaser her if you accept her.. haha. Yea right.” momo said awkwardly but gladly Mina take it.

Without a warning, Mina suddenly hugged momo and made the girl froze.

“I’m sorry because I was so busy we rarely talk and hang out like usual..”

“H-hey n-no need to apologize.. I understand.” Said Momo.

The two just stood there while hugging each other.. “I miss you eonni..”

“Me too mina.. how about we hang out tomorrow, after I finished my performance?”

“I love to.. but aren’t you tired, eonni?” Momo shook her head

“Then see you tomorrow?”

“Yes. See you tomorrow Mina, sweet dreams okay?”

“Eonni too. Bye eonni” Mina bid goodbye and then went in her house

 

“When will I have courage to confess my feelings to her..”

After saying that, Momo walked back to her home and all her worries gone in so now she can focus herself into the performance and hope she’ll do wonderful performance tomorrow.



Author Note:

HELLO! i'm alive everyone! miss me? cause i miss you guys alot ahahaha :D

i think every time i write an author note, it alwasy consist of apology an such. and agai i want to apologize for the late update, and boring chapter... the distraction is really hard to resist ..

DTNA COME IN 9th JULY EVERYONE WHOP WHOOP did you guy pre-order the album? kekeke~

really looking for ward to it and mostly on MISAMO Song! WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP 

well... like usual, please shout out your thoughts in the comment box, subs, and vote vote~

thank you so much for reading this story ^^

love, Akkergo

 

 

 

kamsahamnida~