Chapter 1

Sealed Voice

Ballroom, Saturday 19.00 PM

AUTHOR POV

A classic music was played during the formal party that held in a huge ballroom. Glamourous interior with red and gold color covering almost all the interior in that place. The ballroom was packed by people with suit & tie and beauty dresses that match with the formal occasion that been held by the business association. The event was a dinning party where all the business man and woman around the country can meet and maybe create a relation between their companies. There were plenty of big company owners came that night, from a construction company, textile, automotive, and others.

Meanwhile, here sitting a beautiful blonde who kept stuffing with all the food that served in the table. No she didn’t looked like a pig, instead she still can eat with all the table manner she learned from her parents. Food always coming to her and her family’s table since every time the waiters came with food, she never declined it. for her, it’s such a rude thing to do.

“Wah, Mr. and Mrs. Hirai! Your daughter sure a good eater huh?” said a rich looking guy, probably in his late 40s.

 “Of course! A dancer must be a good eater for gaining her strength. Right Momo?” the girl just smile and nod politely.

“Your daughter is a dancer?” Mr. Hirai nod his head proudly.

“She is the best dancer in the world.” Because of that, the girl, Momo, quickly shook her head as an act of denial.

“Don’t lie to your business partner dad. I’m still lacking in many things.. I’m not the best in the world.” Said her.

“You are the best in mom’s and dad’s world Momo darling.”

Momo admit that was a cheesy words that came out from her father’s mouth but she can’t show her real thought about it. today she promised to behave and help her father’s company to gain new business partner to help boost the Hirai Co. its not a big company but still their products was needed by several business.

.

.

.

.

After her stomach was full, she excused herself to go out from the ballroom and stayed on the balcony outside. She just want to digest her food in the quiet and peaceful place where she can’t hear anything related to business and money. So yeah. Balcony was chosen as the quiet and peaceful place she knows. Well actually that’s the only thing that popped up in her head.

 When she just opened the door to the balcony, she saw a girl with a light browned hair that been tied up into a bun and she wore a sleeveless black dress. That girl, with Audrey Hepburn style look alike, just stared at the city light with a glass of water in her hand. Slowly, Momo went out from the ballroom and entered the balcony. She tried not to make a huge distraction because momo didn’t want to bother her since that girl looked like she was in the deep thought about something. But the unfortunate event coming. There was a sudden attack from nature

*nguuung*

“Kyaa!!”

A bug flew across Momo’s face and it made her screamed while avoiding it. The light brown hair girl shocked as she heard a sudden noise because as far as she knew, she was alone in that balcony.  At first that girl just stood still and looked to Momo without any care. But Momo been hiding her face for quiet long time so the girl a little bit concerned and decided to approach Momo. She even tried to be in the same positions as Momo which is sitting on the floor and she tapped Momo’s shoulder to check her condition.

Momo slowly lifted her head, afraid that the bug still flying around her. but as soon as she saw what was in front of her, she just froze with a blank stare. The light brown hair girl who has a neat bun hairstyle with red lipstick coloring her lips, stared at Momo worriedly. Momo became speechless and she just stared at the girl without even blinking. Just then, suddenly all she could saw was an A4 sketch book where a question was written in there.

 

Are you okay?

 

Momo who was still mesmerized by the girl’s beauty took a little time to process the question while the other girl looking at her curiously yet worried. The girl shook her sketchbook to gain Momo’s attention. And it works.

“Ah.. um. Ne.. I’m okay. There was a bug flew through me and I can’t deal with bugs hehee.” The girl smile and she wrote something on her sketchbook

 

Yeah.. Bugs are scary kekeke ^^ But I’m glad that you are okay.

 

The girl held the book with a gummy smile decorating her beautiful and glamourous face.

“T-thank you for your concern, em.. Sorry what is your name?”

again the girl doing something with her sketchbook. She was turning every page like she trying to find something. When Momo saw all the pages that been skipped, she can see that the sketchbook was written by a several words. From long until as simple as No, was in that book.

 ‘Whoa so she use her sketchbook to communicate? Why? Does she has a disability?’ thought Momo. but she still didn’t dare to ask that kind of question. It might be too personal or can offend her.

 

My name is Myoui Mina, Myoui Corp CEO’s daughter and I’m 17 years old. Nice to meet you

 

Momo gulped her saliva hard as she read Mina’s introduction. Myoui corporation is a big corporation in korea and japan so Momo thought that she has to be careful with her attitude around Mina since it might effecting her father’s company.

 “Oh my! Pleasure to meet you. I’m Hirai Momo 18 years old and I’m Hirai corps CEO’s daughter.” Said Momo and again, Mina went back to do something on her sketchbook, but it took longer than usual so momo expecting that she wrote a long sentences.  

 

Is this you hirai-ssi? ^^

 

The cute peach character that mina drew, made Momo giggled and nod with a huge smile decorated on her face. “yes that’s me Myoui-ssi.”

And after that, they talked for quite long time. Just the two of them, in a cool yet warm night and a dimmed voice of classical yet romantic music from inside the ballroom accompanied them. They were talking about many things. although mainly Momo the one who spoke like about the food that served in this event, or the interior and others, and sometimes she spoke about herself like her favorite food and others. Okay actually Momo mainly talked about the foods she loves.

Through the conversations, a thought about why Mina communicate with sketchbook kept roaming in Momo’s head, whether Mina has disability or perhaps there’s other reason behind it. Although she tried so hard to avoid giving Mina a question since it will be hard for her to write it, but it’s not momo if she not curious about something. So she asked and fortunately Mina already prepared the answer.

The reason is, Mina has a tiny little voice that probably hard to be heard in this kind of occasion where music and other voices collided and create a kind of noisy situation. So Mina thought that by communicate through sketchbook probably the most effective way since she doesn’t have to re-tell her words, or she doesn’t have to yelled and hurt others ear, and other reasons. But Momo didn’t mind at all. Instead, she finds it cute and interesting how the girl decided to bring her sketchbook to help her communicate.

*ring riing*

*bzzt*

“Whoa! It’s from my father. It means I must go back to him and go home.” Said Momo. Mina also shown Momo a message from her Mom that indicate also as a sign for Mina to comeback.

“Its nice to see you Myoui-ssi. Hope we can meet again sometimes. Bye!” Momo bid a goodbye to Mina and ran towards the door. But she suddenly stop and went back to Mina.

“Em.. c-can I have your number? W-well If you don’t want to it’s okay… I.. just.. you know.. maybe we can talk again sometimes or.. maybe we ca—“ Momo stopped talking when Mina gave her a piece of paper and she ran away. At first Momo stood there blankly, dumbfounded with the situation but again a wide smile appeared in her face as she read the piece of paper that mina gave her.

 

Myoui Mina: +8234xxxx you can text me anytime you want but phone call is prohibited ^^

 

Momo felt that she kind of attracted to Mina. “Myoui Mina huh.. What an interesting girl. Kekeke.”


JYP All-Girls High School C Building, Monday 16.00 PM

AUTHOR POV

“From the entrance walk straight…. After the billboard, turn left… go up… turn left and.. ARGH! Why this map so complicated!!” Said Momo angrily.

As a student council, she must do what the student council president told her to do and right now, she has to go to the Video Game club’s room to deliver a few paper from the Student council president, Park Jihyo. Actually this supposed to be Im Nayeon’s job, but because Nayeon is absent, and Momo is the only one who’s free at this time so she’s been chosen as the ‘lucky’ one.

“Why Video game club among others.. damn.. those lads are too absurd.” Again she complained during her walk. Video game club was known as the weirdest club in JYP High.

Whenever the lunch break started, a loud noise and ruckus will be heard from the field and its because of the video game club playing the game they created in real life… like role playing. Sometimes they pretend to be a sorcerer, or a soldier, or superheroes and other things. Running around the field, screaming and making sound effect from their own mouth.. even for JYP Girls High greatest Pabo a.k.a Hirai Momo, they just too much to handle.

Momo keep complaining and whining along the corridor in the C building. She walked with her eyes stick to the paper she held where’s a picture of map drew in it. “Hirai Sunbae-nim. Do you need help with something?” asked some girl who apparently passing and heard Momo’s whining. “I need to find room C-2. But the map that Jihyo drew really confusing.” Said Momo. “Aah room C-2. I’ll Show you then. Come sunbae.” With a wide grin Momo followed the student whom she didn’t even knows her name is.


JYP High C Building 2nd floor corridor

HIRAI MOMO POV

Glad thing I met that student and now I already in front of room c-2. There’s a sign that said ‘video game club’ so yes I’m in the right place. Please god! When I open this door, I hope i won’t experience a weird thing.

 I grabbed the door knob and hesitated for a moment because well hello! I’m going to enter the room of the weirdest club in our school! Of course I will be a little bit nervous and anxious. Okay. Enter, give, and go home. As simple as that momo.

 I let out a breath, knock the door and opened the door

*knock knock*

“Annyeong hase……yo…”

I froze for a second and quickly went out again, hiding myself behind the door. My heart was beating crazily and I’m not breathing normally. God I thought I almost had a heart attack…

Wondering what was happening? I saw someone sitting in that room, she was hella gorgeous although the geeky and nerdy vibe strongly attached to her. the moment I opened the door, that girl looked at me blankly while holding a cookie in her hand and it was so cute! But its not because of her visual... I was freak out because of she really resemble to a certain girl that I just met last Saturday. Yup! That gorgeous nerd really look like Myoui Mina. Well after that day, me and Mina still keep in touch with each other and I must tell you, she replied my messages pretty fast like her phone is always beside her.  

As the effect of my panic reaction, I still tried to control my breath while leaning my back on the door. After I felt calmer and everything seems normal, I tried to peek through the small glass in the door and unfortunately, she made an eye contact with me! gosh that girl really looks like Myoui Mina..

I tried to scroll my messages with Mina and I finally know why all my friends keep calling me hirai pabo Momo. we’ve been chatting like every day, but I never asked about her school life. Like which school she attend, which grade etc. damn Momo.. how could you be this smart..

So.. the only way to find out is asking her directly. But hold up for a sec… Myoui Mina is the most elegant, calm, and gorgeous girl I ever know. she is also daughter of a big company and why the hell she join a weird club like this?  

Okay first thing first. Let’s match the direction that Jihyo gave me and the room sign. It’s says room C-2 is the video game club’s room and this is room C-2. So I’m in the right place. Okay… second. Go inside, apologize and let’s ask the girl who really look like Myoui Mina whether she is her or not. Third, if she’s not Mina, then just give the letters to her and go, and if its her, well… let’s think about that later.. But if it that girl is Mina, why  I never saw her? why I never heard about her? or if she really are one of the member, why I never saw her when the weirdos doing their crazy thing? or she’s just a friend of them? but why would  she.. ah molla!! My brain can’t handle this complicated things. Brave yourself Momo!

*Knock Knock*

As the door was opened, again. The only thing i saw was that girl. A light brown hair girl, with a big rounded glasses on her nose and a mouth full of cookies looking straight to my eyes innocently.  i let out a wide grin as the awkwardness and embarrassment filling me. as I entered, the girl waved at me and smiled while her cheeks were stuffed with cookies. Its her. it’s definitely her.

“M..Myoui-ssi, right? Myoui Mina?” she smile and nod. Oh god it’s really her!!! okay calm yourself down momo…  “H-hi? Hehehe.” Damn momo.. why you have to stutter and greeted her awkwardly.

“Um.. sorry for earlier.. I didn’t expect to see you here, in this room. Plus, I also didn’t expect that you’re one of the student here. So.. yeah I’m sorry for being rude.” Mina smiled and shook her head means that i didn’t do something rude to her. fiuh what a relieve “um.. are you one of the member of this club?” Mina nod and smile at me.

 OMG! She is one of this weird club member?! Like WOW! An elegant and calm girl, spending like most of the time with bunch of weirdos?! Maybe I was wrong about the video game club member. Maybe not all of them are weird. Like.. come on.. look at her! if all the members are weird, I bet she’s the sanest and normal person in the club. Or… maybe she jus—

“Whoa.. this thing is good..” I said that because of a sudden crunchy delicious thing went into my mouth. It distracted my deep thought. The person who gave that was Mina who’s now running back to her seat. Gosh perhaps I was dozing off for a quite long time just like the first time I saw her.

“So what’s bring you here Hirai-sunbae?”  

“I just want to giv— WHOAA!!! WHAT WAS THAAT?!”  Of course I yelled. Who wouldn’t do that if you suddenly heard a robotic voice come out from nowhere, and that voice asking you a question?! But Mina shown different reaction. She tilted her head, looking pretty confused with my reaction.

“T-that!!! What was that voice coming from your laptop! The robotic thing!” Mina giggled at how I seems freak out about the voice that came out from her laptop.

“This is a software I created to help me speak.” Said Mina through her laptop. “B-but why? This place is quiet enough. People still can hear your voice.” I said. “it doesn’t matter if this place is quiet enough or not. My voice is that small.” She said. O-okay.. that’s weird enough… “But how come it can sound so perfectly like that? It’s much more clearly than a google translate speakers.” I’m going to tell you guys, its really sound like that laptop speak to me! its really sound like a robot but smoother! and it’s scary plus weird because a pretty girl like her speaking with a voice like that!

“Like I said, this is a software that I created. I invented this when I still on elementary school. That time, when I spoke, people always asked me to repeat every single sentences. They said that they can’t hear a thing or they can’t hear it clearly so.. I’m tired of it and invented this.”

Whoa… an elementary student created a program? She is really something. The program is indeed weird.. yet interesting and cool. Although the robotic voice kind of ruined Mina’s elegant image, I still think Mina is gorgeous. Well nobody perfect right?

“so you never talk? I mean with your mouth?” Mina nod her head and it made me gasped at shock. “Wow! You can endured that?? I can’t even shut up for just a minute…” I said but then the annoying laughing sound came out from her laptop. It’s not ‘hahahahhaa’ but it sound like ‘ha-ha-ha’. The sound like mocking me and sounded not sincere.. But Mina shown me her gummy smile so yes she really laughing at it.

“So… What’s bring you here?” ah right.. I almost forget about that. “Jihyo asked me to give these letters to your club. Well Nayeon is the one who supposed to do this job, but she is absent and.. here I am. Hehehe.. please give it to your leader okay?” I gave Mina the letters that I’ve been holding and again, I stood in front of Mina’s table without doing anything.

*kreek*

“Yow my brilliant penguin! I brought new ga—eh? Moguri-ssi?” I looked at my back, and oh god it’s the club leader a.k.a Yoo Jeongyeon the weirdest of them all. She was my classmates back on the second year, so of course we know each other and yeah.. she made that nickname. Moguri, because I looked like a raccoon which is Neoguri and my name is Momo so… yeah…Moguri.

“What are you doing here? Wanna join our club?” I quickly shook my head and my hands as a denial. “I’m just delivering letters from Jihyo.” I said. “Isn’t that nabongs job?” again.. another weird nickname. “yes. It is. But she’s absent so.. I’m here.” I said. “Don’t worry eonni. Nayeon eonni won’t leave you.” Said robotic Mina. Damn I must adapt to that sound as fast as possible.. 

Okay I’ve done my job and its time to go. “eum… my job in here is done. So.. I’ll take my leave.” I said. “well.. okay then. If you want to join our club, the door is widely open for everyone or if you just want to chill out and have a relaxing game, just come to our club.” Said Jeongyeon. I just smiled and bow politely. Oh yes… of course I bid goodbye to Mina.

Myoui Mina…. How come people can be gorgeous and nerd at the same time? Although its weird, but having that unique thing is what makes her interesting.


JYP All-Girls High School Class 3-1, Tuesday Lunch Break

AUTHOR POV

As usual, the Student Council trio—Im Nayeon, Park Jihyo, and Hirai Momo, eat their lunch together in class. But now Tzuyu, the freshmen whom also one of the council member, also join the trio and they ate together in Momo’s table. Actually they already done eating and right now they just chitchatting about so many thing. Tzuyu using this moment to ask a few questions regarding her studies since Jihyo and Nayeon known as the top 10 smartest student in school.

Momo? Well that girl right now just relaxing and enjoying the view on her left side. She’s always been the laziest among her friends. Her life cycle probably just sleep, eat, school, dance, eat, and repeat. Even she’s known as the most irresponsible student council member as she always ditch from a weekly meeting or she didn’t really pay attention to the clubs she should supervised. Except for the dancing club since she is one of the member. Plus.. she loves dozing a lot. So yeah.. Dozing while looking at the peaceful green field on her left is something that Momo usually do after her stomach is full.

But the green peaceful and empty field that Momo stared a few minutes ago, vanish. It turn to be like somehow a war field because of the ruckus that been created by a group of girls. Oh god the VG club again.

The VG club member running here and there, hiding behind the trees and using bottle like a walkie-talkie, and all of them aiming an imaginary gun to a girl with laptop hanging on her stomach. Well the laptop has a strap that hanging in her neck and she looked like a popcorn seller in cinema. Momo can’t stop staring at her. since yesterday, that girl’s face always popped on Momo’s thought. Yes the girl is Mina but no, Momo not fell in love with her. It just the fact that Mina actually never talk using her own mouth bothers her a lot. Actually, she just curious about Mina’s real voice.

Momo kept staring at Mina who’s now walking like a penguin while the other pretend to shot her. Momo can also hear a sound of some kind of an angry penguin.  what? she’s a monster penguin that should be killed? Geez those girls..

Just then, Mina suddenly turned her head to her left and their eyes met. Their positions were not that far. They can still recognize each other and their face still shown clearly. Both of them just staring at each other from afar and lost at their own thought. But then Mina bowed and it made Momo came back to earth and also bowed to her. of course the infamous pabo grin appeared and it made Mina let out her gummy smile.

 “Nayeon-ah. can I asked you something?” asked Momo. But her gaze still locked at Mina who’s already playing as a monster penguin again.

“Does Mina really never talk?” Asked Momo.

 “Mina? You mean Myoui Mina? The VG club’s genius?” Momo just nod didn’t know its true or not but as long as its myoui Mina she just nod.

“She speaks a lot! She looked like a timid and shy girl, but actually she—“

“WITHOUT her laptop tho.” Momo made a correction with a full stressed on the ‘without’ word and she still locked her eyes to Mina.

“Well…Before she invented that software, she’s a chatterbox. Always asking this and that, telling story about this and that. But after she created iSpeak—the name of the software, she never speaks with her own voice again. I even forget how her voice back then.” All the past tense that Nayeon told to Momo, made her switched her focus to Nayeon.

“Wait. Back then? You knew her? I mean you know her since she is the member of the VG club. But.. you already knew her before that?” Nayeon nod and it made Momo’s jaw dropped as she shocked with the sudden fact.

“she’s my junior back in elementary school and our parents are friends since high school so yeah our family is pretty close to each other.” Said Nayeon.

“So.. She never talk after that? Did she always brought her laptop everywhere back then? Do you know the reason why she did that?” asked Momo with her curiosity level boost up. “Like I said. No she never speak with her own mouth again after that. Every hours, every week, every month, she always stick with her laptop going here and there using iSpeak to talk instead using her own mouth. Well she said that she addicted to it and it turn to be a habit so she like don’t want to speak with again.”

Nayeon statement made Momo confused for a second. Mina looked like a really geeky weirdo by the reason nayeon just said and its different with the version that momo heard from mina. Momo version made Mina looked innocent and cute you know… girl with soft and tiny voice. but here, Nayeon created a new image of Mina and of course it made Momo more curious about Mina.  

“Really? Well.. She told me because her voice is small and she’s tired to repeat every single word because people hard to hear her voice.” said Momo

“w-well.. maybe that’s also right. I don’t really remember about her voice.. do you remember anything Jihyo?” asked Nayeon. “Well… Since Mina also my junior in elementary school and she used to live near my house, I’m close to her and wrote something about her in my dairy. and it says that she really has a small voice. but I think what she told  kind of different with what she told me, Momo-ya. But I don’t really remember that well since it was happened back when we just 9 or 8 years old.” Said Jihyo.

“By the way… what with these sudden interest in her, Ms. Hirai?” asked Jihyo. “Ng? oh nothing I just never saw someone like her that’s all.hehehe.” then the three just shrug it off and continue to help tzuyu with her studies.

Momo threw her gaze on Mina again and lots of question building up in her head. it’s a rare thing tho since Momo never likes the complicated thing in her head, but the suspicious thing behind the reason why Mina use iSpeak often, made Momo broke her own life principle.

“That’s It!” The three looked at Momo who’s now standing on the chair. “Eonni.. can you stop disturbing my study? Jihyo eonni and Nayeon eonni stop teaching me whenever you talk..” complain tzuyu. But Momo just grin and said. “Listen okay, I’m going to find the real reason why Mina never speak, and I will make her speak to me with her own voice!” All of them relieve a deep breath disbelief with their pabo friend. “Stop doing nonsense. Just concentrate on your studies. This is your last year on High school.” Momo ignorned Jihyo’s lecture and just grinning happily while looking at Mina.



Author's note!

HI GUYS!!! MiMo MANSAE!! TWICE MANSAE!!
Happy New Year guys!!!! hope 2017 will be better than 2016 heheeh
Last Year was a blast for TWICE and i hope this year even better for them and all the groups i love (although this month is the last time we saw IOI as a group T_T)
well... i don't have many things to talk... if you like it please subscribe and upvote! 
and oh! don't forget to shout out your thought about this chapter on the comment bar~ i promise i'll reply it eventho my replies are no jam kekeke
love you guys!

kamsahamnida~