Chapter 46

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Forcing a reluctant Woobin and a dazed Minah to take a seat on the couch proved to be easier than Sunrin had originally thought. It had been twenty minutes since Sunggyu had spilled the big secret and although he still remained in his wolf form while pacing around the room, it seemed her two best friends were still trying to process what they had just witnessed. Sunrin could understand why though. It wasn’t everyday a normal person saw something so strange.

“I know this is a lot to take in but you see now why I kept it a secret.”

“He’s a dog!” Woobin eventually exclaimed, pointing his index singer at Sunggyu who simply growled as a response. Obviously Sunggyu would take offence for being called a dog.

“Wolf actually…” Sunrin corrected.

“And Werewolf if we’re being pedantic.” Hoya interjected. Sunggyu grunted, probably agreeing with Hoya’s words.

Sunrin remained silent but sensed Minah was trying to make eye contact. Sunrin felt better looking at the floor rather than her best friend in that moment.

“There’s no such thing as Werewolves.” Woobin stated, earning himself a raised eyebrow from Myungsoo.

“Seriously? After you just saw my Hyung change into his wolf form you’re going to go with that line of denial ?” He asked, sarcasm dripping from his words.

Woobin was clearly lost for words at that point. His silence finally gave Minah a chance to speak up.

“Why are you telling us all of this now? Did you not trust us for all this time?"

“Of course I did. I do. This just wasn’t my secret to tell.” Sunrin shrugged her shoulders. It was the best excuse she could give and it was the truth.

“How did it become like this? How did you come to live with freaking Werewolves?” Minah stood up from the couch, a frown etched onto her face.

“My umma knew them when she was around my age right now…” Sunrin began before heaving out a heavy sigh.

She heard Sunggyu whimper before padding out of the room with his tail between his hind legs. She waited until he was completely out of the room before she continued.

“…She became friends with them and eventually discovered their secret. They remained friends but being immortal, they had to relocate every so often to avoid suspicion as to why they don’t age over the years. They gave my Umma the option to go with them but she refused. She was happy and content with her life as it was and had no desire to change. They were left no other choice but to leave without her. They never came back to town until the night my Umma was murdered.” Sunrin explained, trying to keep her composure.

She happened to catch Woobin flinch from her last sentence.

It was then that Sunggyu re-entered the room, back in his human form and fully clothed.

“When we found Sunrin we decided that we would take her in and raise her the way that we knew Sunri would have wanted her to be raised.” Sunggyu finished explaining their history of meeting Sunrin.

Her next words made Sunggyu smile with slight pride.

“So they raised me. They’re not my uncles or my cousins, but they are my family. So please, for me, keep their secret. Especially now that you can see that they are no way a danger to me. I'm even dating Myungsoo for crying out loud. Do you think I would if I thought he was a danger to me?” Sunrin exclaimed.

Woobin’s eyes widened slightly before turning to Minah, pulling at her arm to grab her attention.

“You were being serious when you told me she was in a relationship with one of her uncles?” Woobin asked. Minah nodded her head in response.

“That is so wrong…” He mumbled to himself but both Sunrin and Myungsoo both heard.

“No more than you dating my best friend behind my back for two whole months.” Sunrin said, folding her arms across her chest.

“Point taken” Minah sighed.

The room went into silence but Sunrin was getting impatient.

“So what do you say? Can you keep this secret that we’re trusting you with?” Sunrin asked her two best friend. She watched the two of them as Minah and Woobin looked at one another. They seemed to be having a silent conversation with their eyes.

It was Minah who turned to look at Sunrin first.

“Are you okay with Woobin and I being together?” She questioned, her facial features hardeni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter