Chapter 18

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[3 Weeks Later]

After that night, Minah surprisingly seemed to get over Jiyong quickly. She actually seemed to get over all guys. Swearing off them was her new way of life. She would befriend them but that was as far as she would take the relationship.

Sunrin knew this wouldn't last but she was just happy to have her best friend back seeing Minah so broken that night was enough for Sunrin. She never wanted her friend to go through something like that ever again so maybe Minah swearing off guys was a blessing.

To avoid temptation and upset to Minah, the two of them found a new cafe to hang out at after school, it was completely Jiyong free.

"Did you have a nice day at school?" Was what Sunggyu greeted her with as she entered the apartment after having finished a long day at school and topped it off with a bubble tea at their new cafe hang out.

Myungsoo had picked Minaha nd Sunrin up from there and had taken Minah home before making his way to their own apartment.

Sunrin was shocked at Sunggyu's apperance. His chin was covered in stubble and he had slight bags under his eyes. She hadn't seen Sunggyu or Hoya for two weeks. Probably the longest they had ever been away while living in Seoul.

"You're back." She said, simply stunned. She didn't know what else to say.

"Yeah. Finally caught the dealer after alot of stake outs, but I'm not going to talk to you about my boring job. How was your day?" Sunggyu smiled, sitting on the couch, patting the space next to him, indicating for Sunrin to take the space next to him.

"Where's Hoya?" Sunrin questioned, looking around the living room and not seeing her other detective Oppa.

"He's asleep. Night shift really takes alot out of him. I wanted to wait for you to get home before I go to bed to catch up on some sleep. How was your day?"

He clearly wasn't going to let that question drop.
Sunrin shrugged her shoulders before sitting down on the couch next to Sunggyu on the couch.

"Nothing much. I started a new project while Minah was finishing off her art work for the art show she's entering into." Sunrin smiled, thinking of the new piece she was working on. It was a surprise for Sunggyu's birthday. It would take a while but it would be worth it.

She already knew he would love it.

"Oh, tell me all about it." he said, seeming genuinely interested.

"If I do that then it won't be a surprise." Sunrin smirked up at him as he simply smiled back at her.
At that moment the apartment phone began to ring. It wasn't long before Sunrin heard Dongwoo answer the call before calling to her.

"Sunrin, It's for you." 

Sunggyu looked up as Dongwoo entered the living room with the cordless phone in his hand, holding it out to Sunrin.

"Who would be calling you?" Sunggyu teased, earning a frown from Sunrin before taking the phone from Dongwoo.

"Who else?" She simply replied before standing up and leaving the room. 

Sunggyu didn't need to tune his hearing to her phonecall. There was only one person whole called Sunrin on the apartment phone. Of course it would be Woobin. Moving to the city had not detered his determination to remain friends with Sunrin. He called her once or twice a month and sometimes sent letters to her. Sunggyu was okay with this as long as none of those letter were decorated with love hearts.

-

-

-

Sunrin stepped into her room with the phone to her ear. She flopped down onto her bed as Woobin rambled on about the new girlfriend he had. Since Sunrin had left Seoul, Woobin had apparently become very popular with the girls at his school.

"Is this Solbi?" Sunrin questioned, having heard about her during their last phonecall. Solbi was a girl in the classroom next door to Woobin's and had apparently been expressing her interest in Woobin since the beginning of term.

"Solbi? No way. Turns out she already has a boyfriend. Completely not my type. I don't go for taken girls. I'm talking about Nari!" Woobin exclaimed, seeming to be excited for some reason.

"So this one is called Nari. I can barely keep track these days. Tell me about her." Sunrin sighed. She looked up at her ceiling boredly. Talking to Woobin about his new crush wasn't exactly the highlight of her week but he was her friend and she would allow him to fangirl over his crush.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter