Chapter 39

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the day that Myungsoo had asked Sunrin on their first official date, the week seemed to fly by. Everyday that passed only seemed to make Sunrin’s anticipation grow more and more.

By the time Saturday morning came around Sunrin had already worked out what she was going to wear, with a little help from Minah throughout the week, as well as her alibi for getting out of the Apartment without being suspected of being up to no good. The clothes she and Minah had picked out had thoroughly been thought through. She couldn’t dress up like any usual girl would on her first date with her boyfriend. Sunrin had to look casual.

Quickly taking a shower after waking up that morning, Sunrin started to do her make-up. Nothing too much, nothing that would make her stand out from the crowd. Just some blusher, eye liner and mascara. Minah had already warned Sunrin against lip gloss.

“Too sticky” She had said.

After finishing her make-up, Sunrin got to work on her hair. She usually wore her hair down in loose waves or curls but it wasn’t uncommon for her to straighten her hair on occasion, the hair style she had chosen for the day.

Once she was sure all of her hair was pin straight she began to get dressed. A simple pair of black denim shorts with a simple white shirt under a pleated black, white and grey button up shirt which she decided to leave ed. She didn’t change any of her usual accessories. The necklace that Dongwoo had given to her for her birthday which she always wore complimented the outfit nicely anyway. Picking up her fake MCM Black backpack, she made her way out of her bedroom.

Stepping into the living room, she saw an unusual sight. Every single member of the pack were scattered around the living room and kitchen area. When had been the last time all of them had been gathered in the same place at the same time? She couldn’t remember.

“Morning.” Came Sunggyu’s voice from the couch, being the first to notice her.

All of them seemed to still be in their sleep wear with the exception of Sungjong and of course Myungsoo who smiled at her as she approached the island of the kitchen that he currently sat at.

“What is everyone doing here?” She questioned out loud to nobody in particular.

“It’s weird right? No school for us and no work for Sunggyu, Hoya and Dongwoo.”

Sungjong had been the one to answer as he turned around to rest a full to the brim cereal bowl on the island counter as he leaned forward to rest on it himself while he ate his breakfast.

“I have a good idea. Since it’s been so long since the last time we were all free on the same day, why don’t we all go for a run?” Sunggyu suggested to all the occupants of the Apartment.

“Sounds good to me. It’s been ages since we did that all together.” Woohyun was the first to agree.

“We’ve got nothing better planned.” Dongwoo was next to speak up.

“It’ll be fun.” Sungyeol agreed as Hoya nodded his head along with a smile held on his lips.

“Of course you’re invited as well Sunrin. You were able to keep up with us all last time.” Sunggyu grinned as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder. At that moment she heard a low gurgling sound that seemed to be coming from Myungsoo. Everyone else seemed to hear it as well.

Had he just growled at Sunggyu?

Myungsoo quickly broke out into a coughing fit which made Sunrin’s eyes widen. Woohyun approached and began patting Myungsoo on his back while asking him if he was okay all at the same time.

“I would love to come on a run with you guys but I’m busy today.” Sunrin spoke up to try and get the pack's attention on to her and off of Myungsoo.

“Busy with what?” Hoya was the one to ask.

“I’m going to the Library to do some research on an artist. It’s going to be a big part of my portfolio that I’m building.” Sunrin spoke her well rehearsed excuse to get out of the Apartment.

“Oh, okay. It’ll just be the guys for today then.” Sungyeol shrugged his shoulders.

“I’ll have to pass as well. I’ve already got plans.” Myungsoo spoke up, having finished hs ‘Coughing fit’.

“Plans doing what?” Sungyeol asked, sounding slightly deflated as well as a little curious now. Sungyeol was usually the member of the pack that knew of any plans that Myungsoo had, usually because they shared the same plans with one another. It was a well known fact within the pack.

“I’m meeting up with someone.” Was Myungsoo’s vague answer. Something Sungyeol was clearly not going to let slide.

“Who?” His next question shot out without missing a beat.

“Just someone.”

“Sooji?” Sungyeol asked which instantly made Sunrin’s blood boil. The girl who unintentionally was the cause of Myungsoo and Sunrin’s first real argument. She was still in Myungsoo’s class and probably still had feelings for him that he would never reciprocate.

Sunrin felt her mood brighten as she reminded herself that she was the girl that Myungsoo wanted and also the girl he was going to be meeting today.

“Is that any of your business?” She heard Myungsoo snap which pulled Sunrin out of her self torturing thoughts.

Turning to look at Myungsoo, he sent her a sly look. Had he known what she was thinking about?

“Anyway. No matter who I’m meeting I’ll have some spare time so Sunrin, I could give you a ride to the Library if you want?” He asked her.

She quickly nodded her head in agreement

“You can give me a ride there too.” Came Sungjong’s voic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter