Chapter 13

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Stepping through the threshold of their familiar home, Sunggyu inhaled the smell of hardwood floors mixed with crushed berries. An interesting scent their home seemed to harbor on it's own. It was home. 

"I don't think anyone's home." Hoya stepped passed Sunggyu and dropped his suitcase on the floor by his feet.

"Well that . I was hoping to be the first one to see Sunrin." Woohyun sighed and stepped into the living room, followed by the two who seemed equally as down to see the house was indeed empty.

Woohyun flopped back onto the empty couch, fidgeting slightly as he tried to get comfy.

"I didn't send the text that long ago. Dongwoo might not have seen it yet." Sunggyu shrugged before turning to the stairs of the house.

"Where are you going?" Hoya asked curiously, Sunggyu turned back to him before shrugging his shoulders. 

"It's been three years. Just going to take a look at anything that might have changed."

Walking up the stairs, the first room Sunggyu came to was his own bedroom. It was one of the bigger of the five bedrooms and it had been a battle for his own room. A fierce battle of Rock, Paper, Scissors had won him the right to this room. The battle also lead to Dongwoo and Hoya rooming together aswell as Sungjong and Sungyeol. Myungsoo and Woohyun did once have their own rooms until Sunrin arrived. They were then forced to share Woohyun's bedroom so Sunrin could take Myungsoo's.

Said room was located right across from Sunggyu's bedroom.

Stepping towards the white wooden door. His hand found it's way to the doorknob. Twisting it, the door opened easily, allowing Sunggyu to see how different Sunrin's room became since he left.

When he had left, her room had been a pale pink with pink accessories to match. Sunggyu's attempt to make Sunrin a little bit more girly, something he thought she'd like. Her room now was completely different and somehow reminded him of Sunrin, despite having not seen her in three year. 

The first year they were gone, Hoya, Woohyun and he had recieved a few text messages from the werewolves they left behind but eventually those texts began to dwindle down to maybe one a month. Always from Myungsoo.

Sunrin's room made him realize just what he had missed out on while in Seoul. Just by looking at the purple and light blue walls, which seemed to have been painted as a wave around the room, he realized while he had been away, Sunrin had turned into a whole new person he didn't know. She was eight years old now. She would know her likes and dislikes. She would have had a lot of her firsts while he was gone.

The bedroom was tidy. Her bed was made neatly, the duvet cover a light purple with a white teddy bear that sat on her pillow. Parts of the painted wall was covered with what once was white paper but now hung proudly as different pictures. Sceneries, People, Animals. Sunrin had become quite the artist.

In the corner of her room, by the window stood aneasle with a canvas stood upon it. The canvas seemed to be unfinished but Sunggyu could make out a face. His breath caught when he noticed the photo that was pinned to the right hand corner of the canvas. It was a photo of Sunri. Sunrin was trying to paint her mother.

"She must like reading as well as painting." Came the voice of Woohyun. Spinning around, Sunggyu saw Woohyun leaning against the door frame, his eyes lingering on a book case filled with colourful book spines.

"I miss her." Sunggyu sighed. The weight of her absence was now heavier than ever before, now that he was so close to seeing her again.

"Me too. I miss her and all the guys. They're our family." Woohyun said softly, turning to look at Sunggyu before he continued.

"How do you think they're going to take the news?"

Sunggyu's mind went blank. It had been a hard decision to leave the first time but now with this new opportunity given to them by Jongsuk, he had no idea how to even approach the subject to the rest of the pack. 

Sunggyu knew where Hoya and Woohyun stood on the matter. Hoya was in, having enjoyed his time working with the police. Woohyun was a totally different matter. He wanted to get the other opinions from the pack first.

"I'd rather keep it to ourselves for the time being. I just want a few days to settle back in and to spend time with our family." Sunggyu said, emphasizing family, as Woohyun had.

At that moment they both heard footsteps making their way toward the house. The familiar laughter growing louder until the sound of the front door swinging open alerted them that the reunion was about to begin.

Walking from the bedroom and to the top of the stairs, they saw the members of their pack, the members of their family. Evidence that they were truely home.

-

-

-

"I've missed you guys."

"Why didn't you call us?"

"Why didn't you text us back?"

"Where's Sunrin?" Sunggyu asked once they were all sat in the living room. He ignored their questions, having immediately noticing Sunrin's absence during their welcome back hugs and fist bumps.

"She'll be home soon. She'll be w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter