Chapter 37

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m so happy you’re back!” Minah cried upon seeing Sunrin step through the entrance door of the Café. Sunrin smiled as she made her way over to the table that her best friend sat at with their usual order waiting for Sunrin on top.

“I never knew how amazing freedom was until it was taken away from me for three whole weeks.” Sunrin exclaimed. She watched Minah nod her head in agreement.

“I know, right? I was only grounded for two weeks. Sunggyu confiscating your phone was brutal for me. I had no way to get in touch with you to tell you about the urgent news I had to share.” Minah explained which made Sunrin’s eyebrows raise. Sunrin had not expected Minah to miss her so much. She understood that Minah and her had not been apart for so long without being able to see or call each other before but it seemed to Sunrin that Minah had been going through the motion of withdrawal during the three weeks that they had been apart.

“News? What news?” Sunrin asked, intrigued.

She had news to tell Minah as well but she decided to keep her own news to herself until Minah was finished sharing what ever it was that she seemed so eager to tell Sunrin.

“Okay. So obviously you’ve been disconnected to the outside world during your grounding of three weeks but what you don’t know is that you have sent someone elses life into absolute chaos during your radio silence.”

Sunrin tilted her head to the side, confused what Minah was actually trying to tell her. Minah watched Sunrin’s reaction to her words before rolling her eyes and continuing.

“He had no way of contacting you, he didn’t even believe me when I told him your phone had been taken off you. I eventually give him your phone number just so he could check for himself. Even after that, he's always asking about you. Asking me questions like ‘How is Sunrin? When will Sunrin be ungrounded? Why won’t she answer my calls?’ and my personal favourite…’Do you think she likes me?’” Minah mimicked but failed to sound anything like Minho.

“…You made a very good impression on him.” Minah sang with a smirk now placed on her lips.

“I’m sure I make a good impression on everyone I meet.” Sunrin sang back. Forcing herself not to bite her bottom lip as a feeling of guilt began to build within her. She had liked Minho. He was cute, sweet, and he had liked her back. During that time, that was what Sunrin had thought that she needed. She didn’t think she had led Minho on intentionally because when they had met the feelings she had had felt so right for her. So now that her feelings  for Myungsoo were finally being reciprocated, she was feeling guilt toward Minho. Her feelings for him were short and fleeting, but they had been real for a moment.

“So now you’re not grounded anymore, expect a call from him soon.” Minah said, beginning to wonder why her words had her best friend heave out a heavy sigh.

“What’s up? I thought you’d he happy about this. From what I saw at the party, you two seemed to hit it off and don’t think I didn’t notice that almost kiss between the two of you that I accidently interrupted.” Minah explained while giving Sunrin a look that made her feel like she was under interrogation.

“What’s going on?”

Minah sat back in her chair, her arms folded across her chest, waiting for an explanation from Sunrin.

“Okay. So you were right. Minho and I did hit it off at the party and I really did like him but something that happened after the party changed all that for me.”

“And that change would be?...” Minah pressed causing Sunrin to heave another sigh before taking a deep breath.

“So after our visit to the Police Station, Sunggyu seemed like he was ready to kill me, Luckily Hoya was there and got in touch with Myungsoo. Myungsoo came to the Police Station himself to take me home so it would give Sunggyu some time to cool down.” Sunrin began when Minah cut in with her own comment.

“I already like where this story is going. Carry on…”

Sunrin did as Minah asked.

“Myungsoo did take me home but not straight away. He wanted us to talk about what happened between us both the night I had showed up at your place.” Sunrin explained. It was then that she noticed Minah's excited expression which made Sunrin smile slightly. She knew then that Minah had been just as much invested in the idea of Sunrin and Myungsoo and she herself had done.

“We talked about it, We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter