Chapter 24

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You actually kicked him?!" Minah squealed that day in the Cafe that Sunrin had met her in. She was still waiting for a call from Sungjong to let her know how Myungsoo was doing after the incident at school.

"He was trying to get a rise out of me." Sunrin replied, having to leave the fact that it was Myungsoo that Minho had been getting a rise out of. He had just been using Sunrin's name to do that. Minah was under the impression that Myungsoo had graduated high school long ago and the fact that he along with Woohyun, Sungjong, and Sungyeol were all attending school with her was something Sunrin was certain she needed to keep from Minah.

"That's so bad . You should have called me. I would've come to your school. We could have tag teamed him or something." Minah beamed, making Sunrin laugh from her enthusiasm.

"I'm being serious, I don't usually condone violence but I can make exceptions for slime balls like him."

"True that." Sunrin agreed, recieving a proud smile from Minah.

"I'm empty. I'm going to get a re-fill. Want one?" Sunrin asked, looking at Minah's empty Bubble Tea carton. 

"Sure."

With that, Sunrin got up and made her way to the service counter. It was busy in the Cafe today. Alot of students but only one type of school uniform. Sunrin put it down to a School Trip visiting the City of Seoul. Waiting in line, Sunrin pulled out her phone to see it was on silent. Trying to remember when she had turned off the sound, she realized she had a missed call from Sungjong. Cursing at herself, she swipped her finger across the screen to call Sungjong back. The que to order was long anyway so she had time.

"Hello?" Sungjong's calm voice picked up the call on the second ring.

Calm was a good sign, right?

"Hey. You called? Is Myungsoo okay? Did he get to the Narture Reserve in time?" Sunrin rambled until she heard some shuffling on the other end of the line until another voice rang into her ears from her phone.

"I'm fine. I got here in time." Myungsoo's familiar voice spoke making Sunrin heave a sigh of relief.

"You really scared me, you know that?" 

"I'm sorry. I hadn't let my Wolf out for a while and I lost my temper. I'm sorry it scared you. I can usually keep my eyes in check, even when my wolf form is trying to burst free."

Sunrin thought over Myungsoo's words until she realized he had taken her words the wrong way.

"I'm not scared of you. I was scared for you." Sunrin mumbled as she heard Myungsoo's soft laugh. He was laughing so he must have been telling the truth when he said he was fine. That comforted Sunrin a little more.

"Well hopefully something like that won't happen again. Woohyun had promised to make sure that I turn regularly from now on so even if I get angry, I won't be tempted to change. Minho shouldn't be a problem anymore after you kicked his arse, literally. Don't think he'll want to be made a fool of like that again." Myungsoo said as Sunrin smiled and nodded her head despite the fact that she knew he couldn't see her.

"Don't bully my Oppas or I'll come for you." 

Earning another laugh from Myungsoo, Sunrin smiled as she watched the door of the Cafe open

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter