Chapter 44

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She had been unable to focus on any classes throughout the next day during School. Minah’s ominous text message and phone call from the night before were the only things that had flooded Sunrin’s thoughts. The only things she could focus on. She just wanted to get the conversation with Minah over with.

Through out the school day, Sunrin had thought that the day had done nothing but drag but now that she sat at their usual table in their usual Café, she was beginning to think the day was actually going too fast. Too fast for Sunrin’s liking as she felt anxiety building up inside of her.

Inhaling a deep breath, she tapped her fingers on the table surface in front of her, just for something to do while she waited for her best friend to arrive.

She wasn’t left waiting for long because within a matter of minutes Minah was walking through the entrance of the Café and towards the table Sunrin was sat at.

Pausing, Sunrin couldn’t help raise a suspicious eyebrow at her best friend as she watched Minah take hold of a chair at an empty table close by to their usual table and dragged it over to position it beside Minah’s usual seat.

“Are we expecting someone else to meet us here?” Sunrin couldn’t stop herself from asking. She watched Minah take her seat.

It was pretty obvious another person was going to be joining the two of them without Minah answering. She nodded her head as a reply.

“…Who?” Sunrin asked.

“My boyfriend.” Minah stated so quick that Sunrin thought she might have whip-lash from the double take she unintentionally did upon hearing Minah’s honest answer.

This was the first time Sunrin had heard about such a thing.

Was this why Minah had been acting so strange lately?

“What? You have a boyfriend? Since when?” Sunrin fired questions at her best friend while trying not to hyperventilate from shock.

“Yes, I have a boyfriend. I have done for near enough two months now.” Minah answered, her face remained straight. She didn’t look the least bit excited about sharing this news with Sunrin.

“And I’m only hearing about this now? I’m so happy for you.” Sunrin smiled.

“Thanks but don’t say something like that. You haven’t met him yet.”

“I’m sure I’ll like him if he managed to win you over.” Sunrin joked, a little laugh escaping her lips.

She knew exactly how hard that would have been for any guy where Minah was concerned. Minah hadn’t mentioned liking another guy more than a friend since she confessed to Jiyong a few years ago. It was about time Minah opened up her heart to someone who could treat her like the Queen that she was.

“I know you’ll definitely like him. You’re perception of him however might change.” Minah said.

It was then that Sunrin noticed Minah was picking at her fingernails. Something she only did when she was both nervous and anxious.

“You’re talking as if I already know this person. Wait a minute… Is your boyfriend Taemin?” Sunrin ask, wiggling her eyebrows playfully but Minah did not laugh or even crack a smile at Sunrin.

In fact, Minah seemed like she was not even looking at Sunrin anymore but at something from over Sunrin’s shoulder.

“He’s here.” Minah said, her voice softer than Sunrin had ever heard it before. What surprised Sunrin even more was the shade of pink that had appeared over Minah’s cheeks.

Sunrin couldn’t help but look around to see who the guy who managed to make her best friend blush like this was.

Sunrin scanned the men who were currently at their Café today.

A stronger.

Another stranger.

A good looking stranger.

Woobin.

An old man Stranger.

“Woobin?” Sunrin spoke up, slightly shocked to see her other best

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter