Chapter 10

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[One Month Later]


After the incident of Sunrin's first day at Kindergarten, there had been no issues with the little girl named Nari ever since. Sunggyu however still had felt the need to call all the pack on something that he had noticed throughout the days after the incident.

Sunrin remained out in the back garden, playing with Woohyun who Sunggyu had already had the conversation with beforehand. Woohyun had agreed strongly with what Sunggyu had had to say and now he would have the same conversation with the other pack members.

"I don't know if this is just because of what happened to Sunrin on her first day of Kindergarten or what but I've suddenly started to realize this. Have any of you ever talked about Sunri to Sunrin?" Sunggyu asked nobody in particular.

The pack looked to one another for confirmation that somebody had talked to Sunrin about the mother she had never met. They remained silent. 

After a brief few seconds Sunggyu heaved out a sigh and nodded his head in understanding.

"That's what I thought. We've been so busy raising Sunrin and caring for her that we all forgot to do the one thing that is probably the most important. To assure her that she was loved by her family, even before we came along. That's probably why that little girl's words got to Sunrin. Sunrin doesn't know anything about Sunri or even know what she looked like. When she was confronted with the scenario that someone wouldn't be her friend because her mother isn't there, she was left to her own devices and dealt with it the way that a five year old would deal with it."

"So what are you saying?" Sungyeol was the one to speak up with curiosity etched onto his face.

"He's saying that it would probably be a good idea to talk to Sunrin about Sunri." Myungsoo spoke up, understanding Sunggyu's intention for this meeting.

"Not everything all at once and nothing about how she died, She'll have to wait until she's older to learn about that. Just what Sunri was like. How Sunrin reminds us of her at times. How much Sunri loved her. How proud she would be of Sunrin when she accomplishes something." Sunggyu said fighting the lump in his throat that had formed after thinking about how much Sunri would have liked to see Sunrin grow up for herself.

Most of the pack nodded in agreement, Hoya's stillness however caught Sunggyu's attention. 

Sensing Sunggyu's gaze, Hoya looked up to meet his stare.

"I agree with you when it comes to talking about Sunri every so often. It's just hard is all. To talk about Sunri, there were so many good memories that I sometimes don't like to think that she's gone. It hurts." Hoya said softly, looking to his hands that were folded on his lap.

Some members of the pack looked to Hoya, seeming surprised at Hoya confession. Out of everyone, Hoya had always been one of the hardest member of the pack to read. No one had ever thought the idea of talking about Sunrin would hurt him.

"I understand how hard it might be. We were all close to Sunri but it's not all the time. I don't want to overwhelm Sunrin and at the end of the day, we're the only l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter