Chapter 41

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A knock resounded around the Apartment that night followed by Sungyeol calling out that he was going to get the door. Walking into the living room, Sunrin saw Sunggyu and Myungsoo both sat on each side of the couch together which instantly sent chills up and down her spine.

She and Myungsoo had both decided that there was no time like the present to tell the pack about their relationship. That was why they would be telling the pack after dinner. Sunggyu always seemed to be in a better mood after eating a good meal.

“Food's here.” Sungyeol called as he walking into the room with three large pizza boxes in his hands.

“I’ll get the plates.” Woohyun said making his way to the kitchen followed by Sungjong who probably wanted to make sure that Woohyun left the kitchen in the same condition it was in when he entered.

Sunrin sat on the floor aside the coffee table where Sungyeol had placed the pizza boxes. Woohyun and Sungjong returned to the room, Woohyun carrying a stack of plates in his hands before proceeding to hand them out to everyone.

As Sungyeol opened the lids of the pizza boxes, the smell instantly hit Sunrin.

In front of her was a pepperoni pizza, a margarita pizza and a meat feast pizza. The later of the three seemed to be a favourite for all seven pack members. Sunrin however opted for her usual favourite.

“You’re so boring with your pizza choice.” Came Sungjong’s usual line whenever they decided to order pizza, no matter how rare the occasion was.

“I don’t like bacon.” Sunrin replied while slightly glaring at the meat feast which was packed with bacon, chicken, beef and sausage slices.

“And that is why we question your taste buds. You might be the only person I’ve ever met that doesn’t like bacon.” Sungjong sighed, as if Sunrin was missing out on so much by not eating the pig.

“That’s not actually true. Remember Sunri used to pick the bacon off of her food.” Dongwoo spoke up as Sungjong rolled his eyes.

“She gave her bacon to you. She never outright said she didn’t like it.”

“She probably took pity on him. He always gave her the puppy dog eyes when Sunri had something that he wanted.” Woohyun pointed out before taking a big bite from the slice of peperoni pizza he held in his hand.

Sunrin smiled at the knowledge that she maybe had something in common with her Umma that was more than her appearance.

“You okay?” Came Myungsoo’s voice as he leaned over to take another slice of pizza. Sunrin simply flashed a big smile and nodded her head in reply.

-

-

-

“I think I’m dying. It’s been so long since I had such a big meal when I wasn’t constantly on the go.” Sunggyu exhaled as he leaned back on the couch. His hand patting his stomach. They had all managed to finish off the three pizzas and were now trying to recover. Sunrin looked to Myungsoo who noticed her gaze almost instantly and nodded his head to answer her unspoken question.

Inhaling a deep breath , Sunrin stood up from the floor to face the full pack.

“Since you’re all here and apparently immobilized right now, there is something I’d like to talk to you all about.” Sunrin said, her voice surprisingly strong. A lot stronger than how she was actually feeling at that moment.

“Okay. Should we brace ourselves?” Woohyun asked in a joking manner with laughter.

“I think that would be a good idea and maybe try have an open mind.” Sunrin answered, keeping a neutral expression on her face.

Woohyun’s laughter faded.

“Um, now I’m worried because you answered my question seriously when I meant it as a joke.” Woohyun couldn’t help but frown.

“Is everything okay Sunrin?” Sunggyu spoke up, the worry in his voice very clear. A small smile appeared on Sunrin’s face which managed to calm Sunggyu’s nerves slightly.

“Actually things are better than okay. A lot better.”

“Oh!” Suddenly shouted Dongwoo.

He managed to grab everyone’s attention at that point but Dongwoo ignored that.

“You’re dating someone. You have a boyfriend!” Dongwoo cried making Sunrin’s jaw drop but it wasn’t just Sunrin who had gone into shock from Dongwoo’s words. It didn’t take Sunrin long to realize that Dongwoo’s previous sentence had managed to send everyone into shock, including Myungsoo. Sunrin had no idea how Dongwoo had come to that conclusion, not that he was wrong.

"How did you come to that conclusion?" Sungyeol questioned as Dongwoo shrugged his shoulders.

"Her heartbeat is faster than normal and she seems nervious instead of scared. She's also making sure to tell us all at once. How did you not connect the dots that this conversation was leading to the subject of a boyfriend?" 

“Um… Sunrin, is this true?” Hoya asked, seeming to be the first pack member, with the exception of Dongwoo, to understand what was going on.

It took a minute for Hoya’s question to register into Sunrin’s head and when it finally did she could do nothing but nod her head in confirmation.

That’s when the questions started.

“When did this happen?”

“Are you joking?”

“How did this happen?”

“Is it that Choi Minho guy?”

“Who’s Choi Minho?”

Sunrin rolled her eyes at the last two questions.

“I’ll tell you all if you stop throwing question after question at me.”

The pack quickly quietened down.

“Thank you. Now to answer your questions, this all happened just over two months ago—”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter