Chapter 33

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"He rejected you?" Minah almost snarled. Sunrin could tell Minah was furious. It had taken a whole hour of crying and a hot bath afterwards for Sunrin to compose herself and tell Minah why she had showed up at her best friend's home unannounced in the state she was in.

Telling Minah about what happened between herself and Myungsoo had been hard. Sunrin hated how difficult it was the confide in her friend. The friend she had always told everything to. Not everything though. The Werewolf secret was one she kept to herself.

Now Sunrin sat with her legs crossed, sat upon Minah's bed as she sat on her desk chair. She had changed into a spare pair of Minah's Pajamas. Luckily for Sunrin, Minah happened to be around the same size as her. The only issue Sunrin had was Minah was taller than her which in turn made the bottoms of the pajama pants puddle around Sunrin's feet.

Sunrin looked to her phone that sat on the bed next to her. Hesitantly picking up the device, she unlocked it and began to type the text to Sungjong. She may have been angry at Myungsoo but she was willing to keep her promise so her Oppa's would know that she was safe and sound at Minah's

To: Sungjong
From: Sunrin

Staying at Minah's tonight. Don't wait up. Let Myungsoo know that I got here safely. Thanks.

She hit the send button before locking her phone and placing it back on the bed beside her, face down. Sunrin looked back up at Minah to see the worried expression that was now etched into her facial features.

"He actually rejected you." This time saying it more like a statement rather than a question. All Sunrin could do was nod in agreement, she wasn't ready to say it out loud. Not again without bursting into tears.

"Well, I think that if he was willing to hurt you this much then he didn't deserve you in the first place." Minah said with such compassion in her voice that it nearly broke Sunrin's wall of composure that she was desperately to keep up so that the tears she wanted to spill would be kept at bay.

Although Sunrin was feeling so emotionally drained from her conversation with Myungsoo, she on some level understood why he had rejected her, not that she'd ever admit to it. She had at some point began to question if this was some sort of self torture she was inflicting on herself when she believe that Myungsoo and she could have been anything more than Oppa and Dongsaeng.

"Do you know what you should do?" Minah suddenly asked Sunrin with a bit more enthusiasm in her voice. Minah just assumed it was a rhetorical question but she answered anyway.

"Crawl into a dark hole and wallow in self pity?"

That's what Sunrin felt like doing at the moment anyway. Minah gave Sunrin a look that told her that Sunrin was not to answer she was looking for.

"Of course not. Why would you give him so much power over you. I say you should pick yourself up and show him exactly what he's missing."

"And how do you suppose I do that?" Sunrin questioned and unlike Minah, Sunrin wanted an answer to her question.

"Give me a minute..." Minah said as Sunrin watched Minah's mind begin to mull over ways Sunrin could make Myungsoo regret rejecting her. See that it might take a while, Sunrin flung herself back onto Minah's bed.

Sunrin's eyes stared up at Minah's bedroom ceiling to look at the glow in the dark stars that that Minah had stuck on there on her thirteenth birthday. Sunrin had spent two whole hours helping Minah with that task so many years ago and wouldn't have changed it for the world. It had become

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter