008

His Twenty Four

 

 

Kelly was quiet all throughout the ride, Sehun glanced at her worriedly.

“Back there…that didn’t look good,”

“Who? My stepmother?” She said mockingly, Sehun grew amused at her tone.

“So, you hate her?”

“I asked you to hit her with the car, remember?” She replied.

“Yeah, you did.” Sehun nodded quietly, she just sighed and leaned back on the seat.

“How…did you end up there?” He asked.

“I was about to go to oppa’s office, then he appeared. That donor.” She said bluntly, Sehun just nodded.

“You?” She asked him.

“I saw you stepping out of the building, then I realized your driver must not be with you. Since I saw him come home earlier.”

“Thanks, shoulders oppa.”

 

 

Kris looked up as he heard the front door open.

“Eomma’s here.” Chanyeol grinned at Ranhee, they were gathered in the kitchen.

“You two are together.” Chanyeol blinked as Kelly entered with Sehun behind her.

“Why aren’t you picking up any of my calls? What’s the use of that phone?” Kelly asked her tone different than her usual playful one. Chanyeol paused.

“I was in a meeting, it was important. Sorry.” Kris kissed the side of her head.

“We have a guest.” Sehun spoke as he looked at Ranhee, Kai entered the room.

“Say hi, Ranhee.” Kai said to the girl.

“Oh, hi daughter.” Kelly raised her palm to her, Ranhee smiled and gave her a high five.

“…Daughter?” Sehun blinked, Chanyeol grinned.

“Nice to meet you, you must be shoulders oppa. I was already introduced to good-looking oppa.” Ranhee smiled at her, Kris just scratched the back of his head.

“Nice to meet you too, miss Wu.” Sehun stretched his palm to her with a grin.

“It’s Nam. Miss Nam.” Ranhee nodded and shook his hand.

“Kelly,” Kris faced his sibling.

“Where were you? I tried calling driver Jang~”

“I..had to go to the hospital quickly, my stitches started to itch really badly. Then I called Sehun oppa to come pick me up.” She nodded quickly, Sehun’s brows went up.

“Right?” She looked at him.

“Yeah, your sister’s very demanding for someone I’ve just met.” He nodded before turning towards the fridge.

 

 

“You’re studying.”

Kelly looked up, she was in the living room with a pile of books.

“I have to catch up.” She sighed, Kai smiled and took the seat across hers.

“It’s already late, you should sleep.” He said.

“It’s okay, oppa. Late nights are no big deal.” She grinned at him, Kai smiled back.

“Here,” He placed a mug of hot chocolate in front of her.

“It will help you concentrate. Good luck.”

“You didn’t put anything that would put me to sleep here, right?” She mused as she took the mug.

“I wouldn’t dare.” He chuckled.

“Ah, oppa, thanks.” She said.

“For?”

“Ranhee mentioned you helped her out. She’s not very good with Korean since we moved to Hawaii right away, so..I was really worried when I couldn’t get to her right away.”

“I was worried that a kid was roaming around. Imagine my surprise when she showed me the address where her mom lives.”

“You guys have a new housemate.”

“It’s fun anyway, then, see you tomorrow.” Kai winked at her before walking back to his room.

“He didn’t ask questions. Nice.” Kelly smiled to herself before picking up another textbook.

 

 

“I still think you should tell her.” Sehun said as he picked up his beer, they were at the third floor terrace, enjoying some drinks and the chilly night air.

“I don’t think she’ll kill you.” Kai nodded.

“More like..twenty percent of not killing you, eighty, she’ll probably question your existence as a sibling.” Chanyeol mused.

Kris shook his head.

“I will, but the timing now is not right. I’m not sure if she’ll really stay. And I need her here.” Kris said.

“Why? Does she really not get along with your father?” Sehun asked.

“Yeah. She…was the one who found out he was cheating on mom.” Kris replied.

Sehun’s brows met briefly.

Explains her anger from earlier, she must have met her father.

“They never did get along after that, right?” Chanyeol asked.

“It’s hopeless.” Kris shook his head.

“I’ll get us more beer.” Kai said as he stood up. He made his way to the kitchen and paused.

He placed the empty bottles on the counter and walked to the living room, Kelly was already asleep on the couch.

“But I didn’t put anything on the hot choco.” He said softly before heading to his room with a thick fleece blanket in hand.

He silently draped the blanket around her and gently lifted her head up slightly and placed a pillow underneath.

“Good night, Kel.” He smiled before heading back up with the beer in hand.

 

 

“So, you live here with them?” Ranhee reiterated as she chewed on her sandwich.

“Yeah.” Chanyeol nodded as he took the set across her.

“But, what about my uncle? Why is he not here? Did he move out?”

Sehun grinned.

“It’s just that he has more work lately, so he’s sleeping at the company.” Kai explained just as according to their script. Then Kelly entered the dining room, clad in a pair of shorts and a tank top.

“Where were you?” Ranhee spoke.

“Noticed that something was wrong with that R8, so checked on it.” She said as she walked to the kitchen while wiping her elbow.

“The car?” Sehun spoke up, Kai noticed the oil stains on the back of her leg and top.

“Yes, the Audi. Whose is it?” She asked as she went back to join them.

“It’s mine….did..you fix it?” Kai asked her, unsure.

“I did. Nothing major really, oppa.” She said before picking up her coffee, the table grew silent.

“Yes, yes, Wu Kelly can fix cars, get over it.” She spoke, Ranhee and Chanyeol chuckled.

“Daebak.” Kai grinned at her.

“Right, eomma, I’m riding with Chanyeol oppa today, driver Jang called in sick.” Ranhee spoke up.

“Heol. I have class.”

“I’ll drive you. I have to be around the area anyway.” Kai looked at her.

“It’s fine, oppa, I have that T-~”

“Now’s not the time. Just eat.” Sehun placed a piece of ham on her plate and sent her a look.

She just grinned before started to eat.

 

 

“Can I ask how’s school? Or you already dread going here?” Kai mused as they entered the school’s premises.

“It’s fine, I haven’t opened a textbook for so long, it gives me a migraine.” She grinned, Kai chuckled.

“Can I park~”

“You don’t have to, oppa. Just drop off me over there that white building. I have to meet up with Mark.”

“Ah, Minhyung?”

She nodded, Kai lowered his speed as they neared the building.

“What time does you class end? I told Kris hyung I’d pick you up too.”

“Weird. Rich boys shouldn’t be this kind.” She blinked, Kai grew amused and reached for her backpack from the backseat.

“Go, you’ll be late, Kel.”

She made a face at him before sliding down the car, Kai watched as she made her way towards the building, most male students would glance at her as she passed by, some would even try to smile or wink at her.

But Kelly was already reading her notes.

“Just like the brother.” Kai mused before stepping on the gas.

 

 

“How is she? Your sister.”

Kris looked up from his plate.

“She’s…adjusting..I think. She gets along with everyone.”

“Really? I’d really love to meet her. She…knows..right?”

He paused briefly.

“You haven’t told her yet.” She stated, Kris gave her a sheepish smile.

“I was planning to, but…with her school load and my busy schedule, I never got to ask her to talk.”

Jisoo smiled and nodded.

“So, do you really think she’ll stay here? For good? You said you heard your father has been wanting to talk to the both of you.”

Kris shook his head.

“I don’t know, I highly doubt Kelly would even bother show up when that time comes.”

“Oh, so you have to be the mature one by then.” She . Kris just rolled her eyes at him.

 

 

“Ah, Kris’s sister?” Saeyoon asked as she sat down, Kai smiled and took the seat across her.

“Fortunately, we agreed to eat here, but noona,” Kai said as he looked around the Western restaurant.

“Was this your favorite place during university days?” He grinned.

Saeyoon chuckled.

“They have the best cheese tonkatsu. Ya, we might as well invite your new friend with us.”

“Kelly? She must be in class.” Kai smiled at her, Saeyoon just nodded before calling the waitress.

Kai just leaned back on his seat and watched as Saeyoon order food for them.

Can’t you see me, Saeyoon noona?

 

 

“I’m telling you, I am so going to caress his face with a chainsaw.” Kelly muttered darkly, her cousin, Mark Lee just chuckled.

He could have just messaged us or called that he wont be able to make it today, I woke up early for this! And slept late too!” She sighed as she lugged her Gucci backpack on her arm.

Noona, how about you stop cursing the poor man and let’s get something to eat. I’ll treat you because you’re Korean sounds funny.” Mark teased as he looped one arm around hers.

“Ya, was that a diss?” She glared at him as they neared the restaurant.

“Sort of.” He chuckled, Kelly just slapped his arm.

“I can’t go home too, I don’t want to bother good-looking oppa.” She muttered as they entered the restaurant.

“Good—what? You actually know how to appreciate guys? Heol daebak.” Mark laughed, Kelly sat down.

“I’m living with three flower boys, it drives me~ Heol daebak.” Her eyes widened, Mark followed her gaze.

“He’s here.”

Who?

“That good-looking oppa, that must be his girlfriend.” She nodded to herself as she looked at the two, the girl’s back was facing them as she chatted with Kai.

“Ah, Kris hyung’s friend, Kim Jongin. Kai hyung.”

“You know him?” She blinked at Mark.

“Yeah. Lotte has a lot transactions with Kia, my sweet child.” He mused at her, Kelly just ignored him and started to order food. Then Mark’s phone started to ring, he groaned.

Is it auntie?

Yeah, noona, I’ll just take this.” Mark said before standing up to take the call. Kelly leaned on her palm as she waited for their food.

She was browsing through her phone when she felt someone had taken Mark’s seat. She looked at the male, he looked like he was in his late forties.

“Are you alone, miss?” He asked as he leaned closer.

“Someone is seated there.” She replied without looking up.

“Hey, don’t be like this. I know how you college girls work so hard just to finish school.”

You have no idea, mister.

“Yes, I work so hard.” She said and put her phone down.

“Look, mister~”

“So, how much for a night?” He asked her with a cheesy grin, Kelly’s jaw tightened.

“What did you say?”

“A night. How much? Isn’t that why you’re here? Flaunting those nice legs of yours.” He eyed her up and down, Kelly’s fists curled.

“You’re not my type and I don’t need a sugar daddy. So, please get lost. You ist swine.” She said flatly.

“Look, young miss, no need to be rude~”

“I have every right to be rude especially to someone like you. A manwhore.” She said loud enough for people to hear, the male’s face reddened as he realized that people were already looking at them.

Kelly’s phone started to ring, she stared at the screen. It was Kai calling her, she had just looked up when she realized Kai was looking at her, he looked shocked to see her.

“Ya!” The greasy man before her grabbed her by the chin, before she could react, his hand was pried off by a male who was wearing a black baseball cap.

 

 

“If you hurt her, be aware that she can afford to buy you, and I’ll hurt you too. So get that hand away.” He said firmly in a chillingly deep voice.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++