013

His Twenty Four

 

“I asked you to have a meal with me, I was intending to bring you somewhere nice, but,” Kai looked around them, they were at a local chicken restaurant. Kelly picked up a drumstick and started chewing on it.

“Are you worried that you brought your friend’s sister at a place like this?” She mused at him, Kai faced her.

“I wanted to treat you to somewhere nice.”

“Don’t bother, oppa. I’m in a bad mood, I wont be able to appreciate anyway. But thanks though.” She nodded.

“But, what happened back there? With Jisoo noona and~”

“Were you all expecting me to be mean to her? That’s upsetting.” She mused, Kai shook his head.

“It’s just…I cant be around my father’s new family, I cant stand them. And I know I don’t need to see them.”

“Chanyeol hyung did mention that.”

“I just realized this, so Jisoo unnie and Saeyoon noona are cousins?”

Kai nodded and picked up his fork.

“That just made my job a lot easier.”

“Hey, Kelly Wu, you’re~”

“Just eat your chicken, Kim Jongin-ssi. We have a car to purchase.”

 

 

Kelly gathered her books and dumped them in her backpack, then she took out her phone.

She exhaled as she leaned back against her seat, the classroom was already empty.

“What a surprise for you to call me, Liah.”

“Are you busy? Can you meet up?” She asked.

“Of course, daughter. Come by my office~”

“No, not there, abeoji. But somewhere quiet. I have things I want to discuss.”

“It sounds as if you’re striking a deal with me, Liah.”

“I’ll do it.” She said.

She could hear her father sitting up from his chair.

“What do you mean?”

“There’s a reason why you wanted your heirs to be in Seoul, right?”

“Took you long enough to realize.”

Kelly stood up and walked to the windows.

“Leave oppa and Double Dragon alone, and I’ll take the position with Noble Group.”

Her father chuckled.

“What made you decide on this, daughter?”

“It’s not for you, but I promised yeye (grandfather) I would protect the family legacy.”

“This is a surprise, Liah. Do you have other demands?”

She shook her head.

“Just let me work peacefully and don’t interfere with my life.”

“I can do that. When do you plan to start?”

“We’ll see.” She said before ending the call, then before she could leave the room, her phone started to ring again.

She looked at the screen.

DOUBLE DRAGON’S PRESIDENT WU YI NO-FUN

Her brows met briefly before placing her phone on silent mode, she walked out of the building with her arms crossed.

 

 

“Hey, banana milk.”

She halted and looked up, Sehun was leaning against his car as he looked at her, and totally unaware of the stares he was getting from the female population.

Kelly walked up to him.

“Driver Jang has been fully assigned to Ranhee, and I heard your car has not arrived yet.”

“Right, oppa. I was about to call Chan~”

“You can call me instead next time.” Sehun nodded, she grinned.

Then she looked around them.

“You know, oppa,” She said as she leaned closer towards him.

“What?”

“They might think you’re like my super young sugar daddy coming over to pick me up from class.”

Sehun balked at her.

“I mean look at you, all dressed up from work, just like how a chaebol should be, and look at me, just in jeans and a shirt.”

“Remind me not to volunteer to pick you up next time.” Sehun said dryly, she laughed.

“Then, I’ll treat you some good old cafeteria food.” Kelly took his hand and started pulling him with her.

Sehun tensed but he followed along as Kelly pulled him.

“Doesn’t it feel like we’re filming a college romance drama?” She mused at him as they reached the cafeteria, Sehun just nodded before brushing her bangs away from her face.

“Oppa, it can’t be Inha, okay?” She asked him, her eyes wide.

“What?” Sehun chuckled.

“You can date anyone else, just not the stepsister. I can even set you up with one of my friends, just please not~”

“I get it, I get it. Not Inha, possessive banana milk.” He mused before taking her by the shoulders and pushing her towards the table.

“You can even date me, just not her.” She nodded, Sehun paused and looked at her, she was laughing.

“Uhmm, no thanks, you have quite a temper.” Sehun replied playfully.

“But I’m pretty, isn’t that enough? And, I’m the bigger fish! I’m a Wu heiress.” She replied.

“Heol, Kelly Wu. Heol.” Sehun mussed her hair, she laughed.

“Hurry, get us food.” She nudged him.

“I thought it was your treat.” Sehun grinned at her.

“But you’re the sugar daddy. Go.” She nodded at him.

 

 

Sehun just smiled before walking towards the food counter.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++