022

His Twenty Four

 

Kris winced and just looked away, unable to watch.

“Aigoo, you grew taller, Ranhee.” The male smiled as he lifted the girl in his arms, Kai looked at Kelly, who stood there, wide-eyed and tensed.

“It’s been a while, Chanyeol hyung, Kris hyung too.” He said with familiarity, Kris nodded.

“Have you been well?” Kris asked, Chanyeol just shook the male’s hand.

“Yes, I just got back to finish school.”

Kelly’s eyes doubled in size.

“Kel?” Sehun nudged her, the male glanced at Liah, Kai noticed how his brows furrowed briefly.

“But you,…you’re a bit familiar.” Jisoo spoke up.

“He’s an athlete, noona. A swimmer, he was part of our school’s team too.” Chanyeol said.

“Ah! Nam Joohyuk-ssi!” Jisoo nodded, then the girl blinked, her eyes went to Ranhee, then to Joohyuk and to Kelly.

“Nam Joohyuk…Nam Ranhee..Oh!” She covered in surprise.

Sehun halted, he glanced at Kelly who was chewing on her lower lip.

“Oppa, can you bring Ranhee home? I’ll have to Big Hit to hit someone.” Kelly starte to walk away from them.

Kai looked at the other tall male, he set Ranhee down and walked after Kelly.

 

 

“Liah-ya, wait.”

Kelly felt his fingers around her wrist, her forehead creased.

“It’s good to see you, oppa.” She said straightly, Joohyuk looked at her.

“But, I’m kind of busy now. Will you let go?”

“We need to talk, we left things~”

Kelly shook his hand off.

“Will someone lend me their~”

Kelly was cut off when Kai walked up to them and handed his car key to her.

“Be home by eleven.” He said softly before walking back to Ranhee and Jisoo.

“Oppa, it’s~”

“Drive safely.” Kai said firmly before turning away from them, she noticed how Kai didn’t meet her gaze as he spoke.

She nodded and faced Joohyuk. Her fingers curled over the car key before meeting his gaze.

“We have nothing to talk about, it’s good to see that you’re healthy. Bye.” She said before jogging towards the waiting Audi.

 

 

“Does that make sense?!” Kelly groaned, Taehyung pursed his lips.

“I wanted to call you, but I forgot.”

“You forgot?! You called my home! Ranhee and you spoke!”

“I know, but right after that I forgot to call your cellphone. Ranhee and I had a good chat, she wants to come to our concert.”

“Then you’d have to change your lyrics, babo!” She snapped, Taehyung blinked.

“Ah, right.”

“I’m going crazy, Kim Taehyung.” She said as she leaned her head back on mirrored walls.

“Wae? Work? School?”

“Ani, living with my brother’s friends…it’s…just..crazy.”

“They seem like good guys.” Taehyung said as he plopped beside her.

“My life feels like a freaking otome game.” She mumbled to herself.

Taehyung’s lips quirked up.

“This isn’t about Joohyuk hyung being back.” He spoke quietly.

Kelly’s lips quivered, V leaned back, this was a side of his friend that other people rarely saw. To others, she may appear very calm and collected, like nothing would make her fluster or surprise her, but a lot of things do make her at a loss of words.

And Taehyung had a feeling what or who does “things” was.

“Have you realized that the thing on your chest is still working?”

Liah ignored him, he sighed and just stretched his legs.

“You’re starting to fall for one of them, and it worries you.”

“It worries me that I might up as Noble Group’s VP and fail as a parent.”

Taehyung looked at her, his brows met briefly.

“But, do those guys know about Ranhee? Like…the real thing?”

She shrugged.

“Kel, I know you’re scared of this. With what happened with Joohyuk hyung…but, give it a chance.”

She just stood up and dusted her jeans.

“I’m not scared.”

“I don’t think so.” He replied, Kelly just shook her head.

“I’ll see you, don’t overexert yourself, alien.”

 

 

“Ranhee’s sleeping at our house.” Kris said as he entered the kitchen, Chanyeol nodded.

“Did you tell Kelly, hyung?” Sehun asked carefully.

“I did. She just sent me an emoji.” Kris nodded and leaned against the counter, Sehun’s brows met as he looked at his can of beer. Kai walked in with his phone in hand.

“It was Saeyoon noona,”

Kris looked at him.

“Right, why couldn’t she join us earlier?” Chanyeol spoke.

Kai’s brows met briefly, then they heard the front door open, Sehun looked at the doorway.

Kai looked at his phone’s screen.

“You seem to be choosing her a lot lately. Do you like Kris’s sister?”

“Liah,” Kris spoke as Kelly appeared, she grinned and walked up to Kai, the latter stepped back as she came close to him.

Kelly blinked at him.

Kris’s brows rose.

“I just wanted to return this.” Kelly said, a little confused as she decided to toss the car key on the counter.

“This is kind of the part where you explain.” Chanyeol said, Sehun looked at her.

She smiled and took a seat beside Sehun, she looked at her fingers.

“I think you should know the truth by know,” She said softly, then she noticed how Sehun’s tie was crooked, her head tilted as she leaned over to fix it, Sehun froze, but then he smiled.

“The truth, Wu Liah.” He said as his hands covered hers and he gently pushed them away.

Chanyeol and Kris tensed; Kelly hated talking about Ranhee and the story of her birth.

 

“Yeonwoo someone.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++