025

His Twenty Four

 

Kelly’s fingers tightened on Sehun’s sleeve, he glanced at her briefly.

“How…did you~”

“You went to this academy too, naturally you’d send our daughter here.” Joohyuk said calmly, Sehun’s brows met briefly.

“Oppa, please,” Kelly sighed, Joohyuk just shook his head at her.

“Go on, I’ll wait with Ranhee here,” Sehun nodded at her, Kelly bit on her lower lip.

“It’s better than people staring at us, you know, you have many eyes on you.” Sehun smiled and simply tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear.

Kelly nodded before facing Joohyuk again, she just started walking away from Sehun and Ranhee with Joohyuk following her.

 

 

Kai’s brows met briefly as he slid down from his car, he made his way towards the restaurant and found Saeyoon already at their table.

“Noona,” He smiled as he took the seat across hers, Saeyoon nodded, her smiled didn’t reach her eyes as she faced him.

“It sounded urgent on the phone, what happened?” Kai asked carefully as their coffee arrived.

“I..I have something to ask you.”

Kai picked up his cup and nodded.

“What are we, Kai?” She finally spoke, Kai paused and looked at her.

But before he could speak, his phone started to ring. It was Chanyeol.

“It seems urgent, pick it up.” Saeyoon nodded, Kai swallowed before answering the call.

“Oh, hyung, I’m out~”

“It’s Kris! He’s been kidnapped!”

 

 

“So, that’s it?” Joohyuk asked.

“You don’t need to sign the papers again, oppa. It was all cancelled.” Kelly said quietly.

“I was worried something might happen, I don’t Ranhee to have a difficult time.” He said before taking her hand in his.

“Thanks, oppa. For checking up on her…on us.” She nodded, Joohyuk smiled before kissing the back of her palm.

“We both deserve a clean break anyway. Take care.” Joohyuk said before turning away from her, Kelly swallowed and looked at her palms.

Then she felt someone pulling her back, she looked up and found Sehun with Ranhee in his arm pulling her with him.

“Oppa, what~”

“We have to leave.” He said firmly as they walked towards the parking lot. She noticed two black sedans already waiting.

“Ya~”

“It’s your brother,” Sehun stated as a male clad in a dark suit opened the door for Ranhee, he gently lifted the girl to her seat.

“Kris?”

“He’s been kidnapped.” Sehun faced her, Kelly paled.

“Then, then, o—ppa, get~”

“I know, Taeyong’s already on it. I need to get you two safe first.” Sehun said before gently pushing her towards the car.

 

 

Kai entered the gates, he found four males guarding the front door and a few black SUVs. He slid down from the car and saw Ranhee at garden, with a female guard standing a few meters behind her.

“Ranhee?” He spoke, the girl looked up, she looked troubled and uncomfortable.

“It’s very hectic inside, I’m scared for samchon.” She said softly as Kai reached her, he frowned before kneeling and picking her up, Kai walked towards the house wordlessly.

“Sir,” He was greeted by one of the Wu family’s bodyguards as he entered the house.

His eyes searched for Kelly as he set down Ranhee.

“It’s cold outside, why don’t you go to your room? You can watch TV too if you want.” He said with a smile, Ranhee hesitantly nodded before rushing to the stairs, one of the guards was about to follow her, but he shook his head at him.

“She’ll be fine.” Kai said calmly before walking towards the living rom, he found Kelly standing by the windows, her arms wrapped around herself.

“What happened?” Kai asked, Sehun gestured towards the photos on the table. He recognized the restaurant Kris and Jisoo always went to.

“Hyung was about to head back to the office, Jisoo noona left earlier than him.” Sehun stated, from the background Kai could hear Jisoo speaking with someone on the phone.

“He was just about to get in his car, when,”

Kai picked up one of the photos, there was blood on the car seat and on the window.

“He must have put up a fight because his phone was phone discarded meters away from the his car. But, the blood…its unsettling.” Sehun said.

“What about the police?”

“No, no police.” Kelly finally spoke, Kai faced her, her brows furrowed together as she glanced at the photos again.

“But, Kels,” Sehun looked at her.

“I need to see Taeyong.” She said quietly, she picked up her jacket and purse, but Sehun stood up and grabbed her arm.

“Kelly, you cannot leave. Who knows what~”

“Who knows what, oppa? Taeyong probably knows something. He sent those photos here!”

“Still, someone is out there and took your brother, from the looks of it, they even hurt him purposely.” Sehun argued.

“Oppa, I have ways. We have ways.” Kelly sighed. Kai exhaled.

“Don’t leave the house. You can’t.” Sehun stated.

“It’s fine, oppa. Nobody can touch me there.”

“Kelly!” Sehun’s grip on her tightened, Kai slowly walked to the two and gently pushed Sehun’s arm away.

“I’ll drive her. Just make sure Jisoo noona and Ranhee are both safe. Call me if anything happens.” Kai stated firmly, Sehun looked away and walked out of the room. Kelly exhaled and just headed for the doors.

 

 

 

Kai gripped on the steering wheel as they stopped in front of an old building.

“Kelly?” He faced her, she was just tying her hair.

“Thanks, oppa. For driving me here.” She said.

“I cannot imagine how stressed out you must feel, but, don’t shut people out. We only want to help you. And Sehun tends to be~”

“I know, I understand. But, this…kidnapping with my brother,” She let out a shaky breath.

“Don’t you think it’s too…the timing is too odd?”

Kai paused, Kelly slid down from the car, he followed her as she approached the building.

“What do you mean?”

Kai shook his head when she didn't reply, then he sidestepped her and placed his hands on both of her shoulders.

"Wu Liah, whatever happens, you have me." 

Kelly swallowed, tears slowly rolled down her cheeks, Kai just squeezed her shoulders before pulling her to him.

"We'll find. We'll find hyung." He said quietly before she pulled away from him.

Then she started to lift up her sweater, Kai’s eyes widened.

“Ya~” He halted when a burly male appeared before them. He eyed Kelly, then he grinned as he saw the tattoo on her waist.

“Kelly, finally!” The male sighed.

“Kelly, what~”

“This is…my teenage rebellion.” She faced him, she stretched her hand towards Kai.

Kai took her hand and quietly followed her into the building.

Kai’s eyes widened when he saw the number of hybrid cars inside the building, and then he heard a familiar voice, cursing.

“Taeyong?” He asked, Kelly nodded and let go of him. They found Taeyong standing over his laptop, his phone already discarded on the leather couch.

“Please tell me you have details.” Kelly sighed; Kai could see how unstable she was. Her phone had been ringing endlessly ever since they got in the car, but she never took any of it.

“You won’t like this, Kels.” Taeyong spoke, his eyes went to Kai briefly, his brows rose but he didn’t speak to him.

“I’m not liking anything right now.” She seethed before discarding his purse and tossed it towards the table.

 

 

“It’s your stepbrother, Jeon Yeonwoo.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++