010

His Twenty Four

 

 

“What do you mean you can’t join us?” Kelly’s voice echoed from the living room, Chanyeol and Kai glanced at each other.

“He has to tell her.” Sehun said as he set the dishes on the dining table. Kelly started arguing in Chinese, Taehyun appeared with Ranhee in tow.

“It’s weird.” The girl spoke as she climbed up on her chair.

“What do you mean?” Kai looked at her.

“My uncle, eomma keeps on calling him, but he never meets up with her. Does he not know what could happen if she loses her patience?” She sighed, Kai chuckled and sliced some meat for her.

“What if he’s hiding something?” Taehyung grinned.

“Like what?” Ranhee asked, Sehun and Chanyeol took their seats.

“Like..a wife or something.” Taehyung chuckled, Kai almost choked on his water.

“I don’t think he’d do that.” Kelly spoke as she joined them, Sehun just looked at her.

“Well if he did….that would make me feel so useful then.” She said dryly as she sat down.

“This looks good, oppa.”

“Hyung’s not joining us?” Kai asked her.

Kelly’s forehead furrowed.

“I don’t know. I’m not even sure if I still have a brother. Let’s just eat.” She nodded before picking up her utensils.

“No one dare tell me that he’s just busy. That alibi has been overused.” She said before Chanyeol could open his mouth, he just closed his mouth again.

Then Kai looked up as a male joined them in the room.

“Secretary Song.” Kelly blurted, the male smiled and bowed politely as he neared her.

“Chairman sends you this. And he says sorry for not being able to join everyone. He sends his regards to young miss Nam and mister Taehyung.” He stated as he brought a small black box and handed it to Kelly.

Kelly opened the box and looked at the pair of diamond earrings warily.

“Oh something is definitely up.” She said before setting it down.

“He is so dead.” Sehun said lowly before eating.

“I have a question.” Kelly spoke as they started with dessert.

“What?”

“Shoulders oppa, are you dating Inha?”

Chanyeol started to chuckle, while Sehun just winced.

“I don’t think they are, it was just once, Sehun was set on a blind date with her.” Kai said while serving her and Ranhee slices of cake.

“Then, oppa, can it not be her?” She blinked at him, Sehun grew amused.

“Wae? Because you hate her? Or are you just worried about me?”

“Both.” She nodded to herself.

“You don’t have to worry, nobody is Sehun’s type.” Chanyeol nodded.

“I’m probably your ideal type, Oh Sehun-ssi.” She mused before taking her cake and leaving the table.

Sehun just shook his head before picking up his fork.

 

 

Kai was about to head back to his room when he noticed that the glass doors were still open, his brows met briefly as he started to walk towards the veranda.

There he found Kelly leaning against the railing, wrapped in a thick blanket.

“Student, it’s way past your bedtime.” He said lightly as he joined her.

Kelly looked up and grinned at him.

“I know.”

Kai leaned on the railings next to her.

“You look…stressed.” He said.

“I am. I…I’m wondering why.”

“Why what?” Kai glanced at her.

“Oppa wanted me to come home badly, and it seems like it’s the same thing for our father.”

“Noble Group?” Kai looked at her.

“His secretary has been calling four times a day ever since I got here. I’ve been hearing rumors about my father making his will..or stepping down from the company.”

“Why does it bother you?” Kai asked quietly, Kelly faced him.

“I don’t know what to do. Do I come over and protect the company that my grandparents built while exposing myself with my father’s new family, or just let him be, just like I planned.”

Kai nodded.

“What do you feel like doing?”

“Feel like doing?” She blinked at him, Kai chuckled.

“I was just checking if you were listening to me.” Kai mused, Kelly sent him a look.

“Right, we should talk about Saeyoon unnie.” She chuckled.

“Kel~”

“I promised I’d help you so, Jung Saeyoon, Jung Banking Group.”

“..That was fast.” Kai blinked at her.

“Her mom and my mom happen to be best friends since high school. She was almost arranged with my brother a few years ago. Awkward, but thankfully it didn’t push through,” She nodded while rubbing her palms together, Kai just looked at her, amused.

“Her hobbies include painting and ballet. She has a lot of suitors, but doesn’t really go out with them. Which makes me sense that she must like you.”

“Kelly, you’re assuming~”

“Oppa, she doesn’t go out with anyone but with you, I don’t know how that translates in guy languge, but in Kelly Wu’s language~”

“We were talking about your father and your problems about~”

“It means you have chance!” She cheered, Kai just closed his mouth and looked at her.

Kelly was just so Kelly.

“I can’t have the youngest heir of Noble Group play as my cupid.” He shook his head, but he was smiling.

“No turning back now, so make time for me tomorrow. You have to help me with the car.” She said as she started to turn her back on him.

Kai just smiled to himself.

“Hey, Kel?”

She paused and glanced back at him.

“Do it.” He said.

“What?”

“Whatever you think is right. Protecting what’s yours or just letting things be. Do it.” Kai nodded at her.

“Noted, good-looking oppa.” She smiled before going back into the house. Kai just glanced around him.

“She does makes things seem lively.”

 

 

 

Kelly exhaled and stepped out the classroom with her Versace backpack in tow, she glanced at her phone briefly.

“I should pick up Ranhee and get myself clothes. Proper clothes.” She muttered to herself as she stepped out of the building, then she saw the waiting car and quietly slid inside.

“Ahjussi, let’s head over to Ranhee~”

“Young miss called earlier, she said that you shouldn’t worry about her.”

“What?” Kelly blinked and took out her phone, Ranhee had sent her a message.

You don’t have to come pick me up. –Ranhee

“What is this~” Her phone started to ring, it was Sehun.

“Oh, oppa, I cant exactly talk right~”

“Your daughter’s with me.” He stated, Kelly balked.

“Ani, oppa, I~”

“It’s a Friday afternoon, don’t worry. I promised I’d show her around, unlike you, your daughter is actually curious about our neighborhood.”

Kelly grinned and leaned back on the seat.

“You guys should have told me you made plans, you make me feel left out.” She mused.

“Wae? Are you jealous?” Ranhee could be heard from the background, Kelly laughed.

“Have fun you two, I’ll see you later.”

“See you.” Sehun ended the call, Kelly smiled and looked at the windows.

“Good for you, daughter, you’re happy here. I cant seem to adjust.” She said to herself quietly.

“Ahjussi, how’s everything going on?” Kelly asked animatedly as they left the university’s premises.

“I heard your daughter’s going to be senior this year.”

“Aigoo, our young miss still likes to chat.”

“I’m curious, I remember your wife, one time she brought some of her lemon pies at home, and those were the best.” She chuckled. The driver laughed.

“Then, would you want me to ask her to come by the penthouse sometime?”

“Will she be okay with cooking for us? I live with three men, that equals to fifteen people.” Kelly nodded.

“Of course, she misses you and the young master.” The male nodded and grinned.

“The young master…I don’t know what to do about him, oppa’s very…unreachable lately. It makes me feel uncomfortable.” She said.

Before driver Jang reply, her phone started ringing it was her brother’s secretary.

“Yes, secretary~”

 

“Director, it’s the Chairman. He got in an accident!”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++