018

His Twenty Four

 

 

Kelly stepped out of the building; she pressed her laptop closer to her chest. She looked around, Taeyong has not arrived yet.

She stepped down the steps and halted when she heard someone call her name.

“I had to meet you here, on neutral ground.”

She looked up and found her stepbrother walking to her.

“You graduated here too? Well, since your mother was already married to my father when you attended university.”

“I’m not taking that bait.”

“Okiedokes.” Kelly shrugged.

“I’m just here to warn you, Wu Liah.”She looked up to meet his gaze evenly, she smirked.

“Okay. Go ahead.”

Yeonwoo stepped towards her.

“I don’t know what you’re planning but you’re being a disturbance. So why don’t you get lost?”

“I could say the same way about you and your family, well, seven years ago.”

Yeonwoo smirked; her eyes were cold as he met her gaze.

“You better stop this now, you’re not welcome at Noble Group.”

“That sounds all wrong.” A masculine voice intervened, Kelly looked up.

Yeonwoo looked at the male and blinked.

“Director Kim.” He said politely, Kelly looked at Kai.

“I was around the area, and I decided to pass by.” Kai said to her before facing Yeonwoo again.

“You don’t look like a brother who wants to see how his sister is doing at school,” He said to him before subtly pulling Kelly behind him.

“Not really, I’m just here to tell Kelly that~”

“I don’t think you should be telling her things. Especially saying that she’s not welcome at her father’s company.”

“Ah, it’s not like that, director, I just~”

“So, why don’t you get lost also? This is her territory, she’s a student here.”

Yeonwoo’s jaw tightened, but Kai just met his gaze evenly, Kelly watched as her stepsibling walk back to his car.

Kai then faced her, she shrugged.

“I don’t even know why he’s allowed to exist.”

Jongin smiled.

“Now I understand why you cant stand them. That was very immature of him to come here and threaten you.”

“I know, but oppa, what brings you around here?”

“Work and I have a lunch meeting later.”

“Then, why~”

Kai placed a familiar looking item on her hand, she blinked.

“Banana milk.” Liah blinked at the bottle and looked at him, he was grinning at her.

“And you said Yeonwoo was being immature, and yet here you are with your Audi R8, delivering banana milk to a college student. Heol, GM Daewoo’s director Kim is amazing.”

He chuckled before touching her hair briefly.

“But you love banana milk.”

Kelly tensed, but she smiled back at him.

“Thank you, good-looking oppanim, not just for the milk.”

“I’ll be going now, call me when Taeyong arrives. At least I’d know you’ve safely left the campus.” Kai said.

“I will.”

Kai made his way back to his waiting car.

“This is…threatening.” Kelly stated as she looked at the banana milk in her hand.

 

 

Kelly sat down on the bench while sipping on her banana milk, then her phone started to ring.

“Oh Sehun.” She greeted as she answered.

“How was class, vice president?” He asked, she chuckled.

“It . What’s new?” She mused back.

“I just had lunch with Kris hyung and Ranhee.”

“I rarely get invited, nice.”

Sehun gave her a hearty laugh, Kelly paused and smiled to herself.

“I know, that’s why, I’m asking you to have lunch with me.”

“OMG, am I being asked out right now?” She chuckled.

“Is that how you feel? Then let’s go with that.”

She snorted and looked at her shoes.

“It sounds great, oppa. You don’t have to pick me up.”

“Heol, she’s showing off that she has a car already.” Sehun teased.

Kelly saw the familiar Rolls Royce arrive, Taeyong then slid down from the driver’s seat.

“Of course, then see you at home later, shoulders oppanim.”

 

 

 

“What now?”

The male looked up and met the lady’s gaze.

“We’ve gotten hold of his schedule and patterns, sometimes he goes to fetch his niece from school alone.”

The second Mrs. Wu smiled and nodded.

“But, it seems that he’s gotten his security detail back again, samonim, it’s quite difficult to tail him.”

“It’s all because of his sister, what about the child?”

“She stays at the penthouse along with the vice president. It would be hard to get near her.”

“There’s no need to, I’ve changed my mind.” She spoke as she leaned forward on her seat.

“Kris Wu isn’t your only target now, add Wu Liah to that list. We have to get her.”

 

 

Kelly took a deep breath as she entered the building, she could hear Taeyong speaking in low tones with her secretary behind her.

Her thoughts went to her old life back in Hawaii and what she would do just to get back to that situation again.

“Kelly,” Taeyong’s voice made her look up, then she noticed three familiar looking males standing before her, they had some men in black suits behind them.

“They are members of the board, vice president, and they’re particularly close with Mrs. Wu.”

Kelly’s brows met briefly.

“Do you need something?” She asked as she stepped forward, one of the directors scoffed and looked at her.

Do I look like I have time for this?

Kelly straightened her back and looked at them.

“We’re here because we simply cannot allow this, Miss Wu.”

Kelly’s lips quirked up.

“Ah, really?”

“You barge in here and announce that you are vice president, you’re not even qualified to be a director of Noble Group. That is why we’re to here stop you from entering the offices.”

Kelly’s eyes widened, her jaw tightened.

“You’re blocking me?” She questioned. She heard Taeyong moved towards her.

“The board did not even have a say regarding your position, and then you have the guts to march in here as if we’re nothing.”

“Kelly.” Taeyong said in a tone that meant for her to hold her tongue.

“Fine. Block all you want, I’ll see you three Humpty Dumptys tomorrow at BOD meeting then.”

One of them chuckled humorlessly.

“I don’t think you were invited.”

“Don’t worry about me, you should start praying for your future.” Kelly said, she turned to her secretary.

“I want their names on the list tomorrow. I’m taking the afternoon off.” She stated before heading towards the exit doors.

 

 

“Noona, you wanted to discuss something?” Kai asked as he took the seat across Saeyoon, she nodded with a smile.

“I hope you’re not busy. I just thought it would be nice to chat with you over cheesecake.” She said as she pushed a fork towards him.

“I wasn’t really busy, this looks good.” Kai nodded as he picked up the fork.

“So, there’s this thing, Kai.”

He nodded for her to continue.

“Next week, it’s the Mayor’s Ball, right?”

“Yes, I already got an invitation at the office earlier.” Kai stated before chewing again.

“Then, would you come as my date~”

“Oh, Wu Liah!” Kai suddenly looked up.

Saeyoon’s brows rose, as she followed his gaze, Kris’s younger sister had entered the pastry shop.

Her forehead furrowed as her hands curled into fists on her lap.

Kelly looked up, her eyes went to Kai.

“Oh, oppa.” She said as she walked towards them, Kai stood up as she arrived before them.

“Done with school?” He asked her.

Kelly nodded meekly, Kai’s brows met briefly.

“Did something bad happen?”

Saeyoon looked at the girl, Kelly shook her head.

“Nothing. I just….” She exhaled, Kai looked at her with concern. She closed her eyes briefly and pinched the bridge of her nose.

“Hey, hey, Kels, it’s fine. I don’t know what’s bothering you, but I’ll try to help.” He said quietly as he pulled her aside.

She just shook her head at him.

“I just don’t get it….greed…wanting more power, I don’t understand people.” She whispered. Kai just gently held onto her forearms.

“Kel, is it Noble Group?” Kai asked softly.

Saeyoong glanced at the two briefly before dropping her fork on the table with a soft thud.

“We can talk about this later, I promised Ranhee to buy her cake before going home.”

“Then, I can drive you~”

“Oppa, you’re with Saeyoon unnie.” She said to him with a smile, Kai blinked and looked at Saeyoon.

“Don’t worry about me, Wu Liah doesn’t take long to recover.” She nodded, Kai just frowned.

“Let go, I’ll be okay. See you at home.”

“You better be at home when I get back.” Kai nodded, he kissed the side of her head before going back to the table.

 

Kelly just exhaled before going to the counter to choose a cake.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++