019

His Twenty Four

 

“You like it?” Kelly asked as Ranhee dug into her triple chocolate cake.

“It’s better than the one we bought at that Dior Café, and that cake we had when we were in France.” Ranhee nodded as she chewed, Kelly grinned.

“Eomma, I heard from Taeyong samchon earlier,”

Sehun and Chanyeol looked up, they were all gathered for dinner.

“About you not going to work.”

“I met another trial. I just needed some time away to think. And regroup my thoughts.”

“You always say that. Anyway, I’ll enjoy this while watching Adventure Time.” Ranhee nodded before taking her plate and making her way to the living room. Sehun coughed slightly, Liah’s brows rose and glaned at him.

“Sometimes I think for a parent, I’ve been too…loose with my child.” Kelly grinned at herself.

“Did something bad happen?” Chanyeol asked.

“Just some nosey directors…worried about their positions because I’m such a big threat and all.”

“Heol.” Sehun chuckled.

“Well, it’s their lost they don’t like me.” She shrugged before standing up.

“I’ll do the dishes later, I’ll just be in my room. Sehun oppa you should drink something for that cough.” She patted his shoulder before heading to the stairs.

 

 

Sehun wiped his mouth with a napkin as he heard someone knocking on the door.

“Hyung?” He called as he opened the door, he blinked when he found Kelly standing before him with a mug in hand.

“Hi.” She smiled at him.

“Hello..?” Sehun blinked as she sidestepped him and entered his room.

“This is citron tea, oppa.” She said as she set the mug down on the desk.

“Kels,”

“I know, I shouldn’t bother you at this time. But I don’t like hearing you cough. It bothers me, nobody is allowed to get sick in this house.” She prattled, Sehun chuckled.

“Our ice princess is worried about me, I’m touched.” He said as he leaned against the table.

“Just make sure you won’t get fever. That would be tiring then.” She frowned as she walked to him, Sehun tensed as she reached for her forehead.

“For now…you’re okay. Make sure to drink that.” She demanded as she stepped back, Sehun shook his head.

“I’ll check on you later, oppa. Rest.” She was about to turn away from him when Sehun pulled her back.

Kelly halted and faced him.

“You don’t have to bother about me, but you, you were too quiet at dinner earlier.”

She looked away, Sehun’s brows rose.

“I hope you’ll feel better by tomorrow, princess.” He smiled before gently wrapping his arms around her.

 

 

Kelly stepped out from her room with her iPad in hand, it was already eleven in the evening and she was having a hard time sleeping. She could hear that someone was watching late night news at TV room.

She silently entered the kitchen and smiled as she noticed that somebody had already cleaned up the dishes.

“Not bad, boys.” She smiled to herself as she leaned against the counter. She crossed her arms and looked at the windows.

“What am I doing?” She whispered.

“You barge in here and announce that you are vice president, you’re not even qualified to be a director of Noble Group. That is why we’re to here stop you from entering the offices.”

Her forehead creased, she left the kitchen and started to approach the TV room.

 

 

Kai tossed his car keys on the coffee table as he entered the house. He was about to head up to his room when he heard the television.

“Hyung must still be up.” He said to himself as he made his way to TV room, then he saw Kelly walking.

“Oh, Kel.” Chanyeol looked up as he saw her, and then he paused.

“Is everything alright?” He asked with concern, Kai paused and watched as the girl sat down beside Chanyeol on the couch and shook her head.

“Ya, what’s wrong?” Chanyeol grew worried as the girl just snuggled closer to him and buried her face on his arm.

“Kelly, is this about school? Work? Your stepmother?”

She just shook her head and started to sob quietly, Kai’s brows met as he stepped away from the door.

“Oppa….I just…I just…I’m tired.” Kelly’s muffled voice could be heard from where he was standing.

“We’re here for you, Kels. No matter how tiring it gets, we always have your back.” Chanyeol said softly while brushing her hair down.

She just shook her head and just quietly sat with him. Kai bit his lip before going up to his room.

 

 

“So, today’s the BOD meeting. Or so I heard.” Sehun said as Kelly joined them, Kai looked up, worried about how she would react.

“Will you be able to handle that, eomma?” Ranhee asked her as she picked up her sandwich.

To Kai’s relief, Kelly smiled.

“Of course, I can.” She smiled as she took her seat, Chanyeol pushed a mug coffee towards her.

“I have to get going, don’t forget about later.” Sehun gently poked her nose before leaving the dining room.

“Yes, see you later, shoulders oppa!” She smiled, Kai leaned back on his seat with a small smile on his face.

“You promised you’d tell me what’s wrong when I get back home.”

“What time did you get back home?” Kelly replied.

“Ooooooh.” Chanyeol chuckled, Kai snorted.

“Wu Liah and niece?”

They all looked up as Kris entered the room, Kai looked at the male and gave him a nod.

“Uncle!” Ranhee ran to him with open arms, Kris smiled and lifted her up.

“What brings you here?” Kelly asked, Kris grinned at her.

“How about ditching class today?”

Chanyeol almost choked on his cereal.

“What?” Kelly blinked.

“Hang out with me. It’s been a while since you got back and~”

“Yeah, you forgot about me, and forgot mentioning you were already married, and now you feel guilty about it?” Kelly continued, Ranhee chuckled.

“Poor you, uncle.” She whispered to him. Kai grinned and raised his palm towards the child for a high five.

“I’m serious. Get dressed, let’s go out. I’ll have my secretary bring Ranhee to school.” Kris then, lifted her off the seat.

“Ya!” Kelly yelped.

“Go.” Kris gave her a nudge.

“Did Jisoo unnie poison you?” She mumbled as she walked to her room.

“What was that about?” Chanyeol asked as Ranhee went outside, they watched as she got in the waiting Rolls Royce.

“Kai called me last night, about a certain Wu crying because of stress.” Kris said as he sat down. Chanyeol nodded.

“Thanks, you’re like a brother to her too.” Kris said.

“She’s been acting..so unlike her since yesterday, hyung.” Kai spoke.

“How did you know?” Chanyeol asked.

“I saw her while I was out with Saeyoon noona. She seems a little under the weather, take care of her.” Kai said simply before standing, he picked up his coat from the chair and left the room.

Chanyeol tilted his head sideways.

“Why do I feel like something’s about to happen?” The younger male voiced out.

 

“Yeah, and I don’t think it’s going to be nice.” Kris said as he watched Kai’s Audi R8 speed away from the house.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++