001

His Twenty Four

 

Ranhee-yah! I’m leaving!

The seven year old looked up from her breakfast and gave the young lady a wave.

I’ll pick you up from school later.

Yes, unnie. Take care.” She called, she was sitting by the windows that gave her the few of the sunny beach and clear waters.

Then Ranhee looked at the fax that was sent hours earlier, she bit her lip and shook her head.

Uh-oh.

The young lady stepped out of three-story beach house; she put her helmet on and gracefully leaped on her BMW Motorrad F800GT. She ignored her ringing phone as she sped away from the house.

 

 

Kris stepped out of his room; he shook his head and placed his phone on the countertop as he reached the kitchen.

“You guys are still drinking? It’s two in the morning.” He called, he could hear the TV and their chatter.

“It’s a weekend, hyung. Chill.” A deep voice called out.

Kris just shook his head and got himself a glass of water, then Chanyeol walked in the kitchen with a bunch of empty cans.

“Is it Kelly again? Not picking up?” He asked as he took out some chips, Kris nodded and leaned against the counter.

“This time..” Chanyeol looked at his Rolex.

“She might be on her way to work, she’ll call back later. Stop worrying.”

“I know, but…I need her to come home. Do you think she will?” Kris asked quietly, Chanyeol’s brows rose.

“Well, you need a miracle, Wu Yifan hyung.” He nodded, Kris just rolled his eyes at him.

 

 

Kelly stepped inside the car shop, she grinned as she high-fived her fellow employee on the way to the locker room.

Hey, Kel?

She halted and turned around to find her boss smiling at her.

We’re short of a few parts for that Suburban, can you go and get these? Will called in sick today.

Sure. Can I take the car?” She asked as she took the list from him.

Go ahead.” Her boss nodded, she got in the locker room, before she could change, her phone started to ring.

“Oh, oppa.” She answered while changing into a pair of Converse sneakers.

“I’ve been calling you. What are you doing?”

She flinched.

“I’m doing fine, thank you.” She said dryly, Kris snorted.

“Do you have time later? I…I have things I need to discuss with you.” Kris said carefully. Kelly opened her locker, she grabbed her hair tie.

“What things?” She asked, then her eyes went on the family picture she had taped on the door, her eyes went to the image of her father, a black marker erased his face.

“Our company. You and school.”

“Ge, I~”

“Better pickup the phone later. Or else I’m flying there.”

 

 

“Why do you look so sullen, hyung?” Kai asked as Kris joined them for breakfast. Sehun looked up as the male sat down.

“Girl problems?” Kai mused.

“Don’t piss him off early in the morning. He’s rarely even here.” Chanyeol stated.

“It is a girl problem.” Kris nodded, he took out the paper and pointed towards the article.

“Your..father was hospitalized?” Sehun looked up, Kris nodded.

“To be honest, I don’t really care but his lawyers keep on calling me. And my sister’s presence is also needed.”

“Why? Is…..he really sick?”

“It’s probably one of his traps just to lure us back to him.” He shook his head before picking up his utensils.

“We haven’t met your sister. Maybe it’s a good thing she’s flying back.” Kai said.

“Who said she’s going to fly home?” Chanyeol just shook his head.

 

 

 

Kelly sighed as she looked at the papers; Ranhee just sat down beside her, careful not to let the sand dirty her skirt as she sat on the mat beside Kelly.

“So he got sick? So what?” Kelly tossed the paper away.

“When did you get it?” Kelly faced Ranhee.

“Earlier during breakfast. And this,”

Kelly took the paper from her then she puffed her cheeks. Kris had sent her documents from Seoul National University.

“So..he wants me to go back to school.” She made a face at the school’s logo before putting it down.

“He said you should listen to him and they you only have a few units left. Then after that, you can come back here.” Ranhee stated calmly.

“You do know who’s in Seoul, right, honey?”

“Your father, his wife and your step~”

Kelly narrowed her eyes at her.

“And his wife’s daughter that looks like a gremlin.” Ranhee finished.

“Kris ge said he’ll call you.”

“No need, I’ll tell him I won’t fly back. I can’t be there.”

But, Kel, this seems serious. Your father seems to be very sick.

“Does it look like I care?” Kelly replied, then she stood up.

I’ll go get us something to eat.” She announced before walking away from Ranhee.

I tried.” Ranhee nodded to herself before taking out her textbook.

 

 

Kelly made her way towards the bar that served snacks and drinks; as usual she earned a lot of glances as she passed by. Her long black hair was down; she was wearing a teal bikini top and black denim shorts.

Hi, sweetheart.” A middle-aged man slid closer to her as she waited for her order.

She ignored him and just checked on her emails.

No need to be shy, sweetie. How much for a night?” He placed his hand on her bare waist, Kelly then turned to face him.

“Twelve percent.” She told him.

What are you saying? Are you~

This resort where you’re trying to harass me and calling me a e,” She said as she slid down from the stool with her bag of food in hand. The bartenders watched in amusement.

Harass? This is just business~

I own twelve percent of this resort. Do you think you could afford a night with me when I can just buy your very existence right now?” She asked, her tone cold.

The male’s eyes widened, he scurried away from her.

Nice going, Kel.” The bartender grinned at her.

Why can’t the hot ones check me out? You always get old geezers here.” She complained, he laughed.

I would have been in a better mood if someone like Liam Hemsworth or Zac Efron did that.

 

Go back to your daughter, Kelly.” He mused at her, Kelly just blew him a kiss before leaving.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++