014

His Twenty Four

Kelly stepped down from the car and looked at the building before her.

“Well, I went to this school too.” She mused, Sehun followed behind her as they entered the building.

“Really? Me too.”

“I remember bullying a bunch of kids back then.” She mused, Sehun pushed the door for her.

“I had a feeling you were a bit of a troublemaker, Wu Liah.” Sehun mused, Kelly eyed him warily.

“Am I not allowed to call you that?”

“You are.” She nodded, then she looked around, there were also some parents waiting outside.

“Do we seem like Ranhee’s parents? Maybe they’re thinking that we’re too young to be parents.” She whispered to him, Sehun chuckled.

“You’re her mother, of course you’re her parent.” Sehun pointed out.

“I’ve always gotten judgment for having Ranhee.” She said as she looked around them, indeed some of the ladies were already whispering.

“Oppa, would you play as Ranhee’s father for a few minutes?” She nudged him.

“Why? Do you feel bad about~”

“No, I just don’t want Ranhee to be talked about, having a single parent isn’t exactly a very welcome thing in this country.”

Sehun paused, then Kelly started to grin and hooked her arm around his, Sehun tensed but he let her be.

“Rumors might spread, Kelly.” He said as they walked together, Kelly just smiled.

“That’s good then, I intend to be visible.”

“By using me?” Sehun grinned at her.

“Oppa, it’s a win-win situation for you.”

“Why is that?”

“Because I’m pretty.” She nodded and batted her eyelashes at him, Sehun blinked at her, she just started laughing.

“Sure, sure.” He shook his head.

“Oppa, just do this once. For me.” She nudged him, Sehun just smiled and gave her hand a squeeze.

“I didn’t say I wasn’t going to, young miss Wu.”

 

 

“Does that make sense? You should visit your brother.” Ranhee lectured from the backseat of the Land Rover.

Sehun just grew amused.

“Ya, Nam Ranhee, I’m your mom, how~”

“I’m just being kind, reminding you to actually pick up his calls. He called me earlier, he’s worried~”

“I’m fine, I’m not the one who got in an accident.” She replied, Ranhee made a face at her.

“Shouldn’t you be listening to the adult?” Sehun added, Kelly nodded triumphantly.

“That was meant for you, Kel.” He stated, Kelly slapped his arm, he chuckled.

“Oppa, can you drop me off at the nearby Baskin Robbins?”

“Why?”

“Are you going out again?” Ranhee asked.

“I have to meet some of my classmates, we have this group presentation for next week.” She reasoned, Sehun just nodded and stepped on the gas.

 

 

“Young miss.” Her father greeted her with a warm smile.

“Good to see you, chief Nam.” She smiled back before taking the seat across her father.

“What brought this up? Inspiration from school?” The elder spoke in Mandarin, Kelly didn’t reply and just picked up the envelop on the table.

I’m just making sure you’d stop bothering us and keeping my promise to the elders. Since I’m not a bad child after all.” She nodded before picking up the pen.

“I’ll have my own security detail, so don’t bother getting me on. My secretary will be reporting to Noble Group by next week so, you don’t have to take care of that too, abeoji.” She said as she signed her name on the documents.

“Am I too trusting? Just letting you do this.” He looked at her.

“I am your blood after all, it’s not like we have a choice.” She said as she put the pen down and slid the documents towards him.

“Does your mother know? Did you tell her?” He asked her.

“I will..eventually, I’ll be going then.” She said curtly as she stood up, her father nodded and watched her as she left.

“I think she made a good decision, president.” His secretary said.

“I think so too, but she’s more difficult than Yifan. The board is up for some trying times then.” He said with a smile.

 

Kelly stepped out from the coffee shop, she exhaled and looked around, a black Maserati stopped in front of her.

“Hi.” She stated as Taeyong rolled down the windows.

“Get in. I have something I need to discuss with you.” He said, she nodded and slid in the car.

As soon as she strapped her seatbelt on Taeyong handed her something familiar.

“What’s this?” She asked as she took the check she had given him, she flipped the paper to the other side and found that someone had drew flowers, stars and hearts around the bank note.

“Ya!” She balked at him.

“This is on me. Since I found out something.” He said as he stepped on the gas.

“What?”

Taeyong gestured towards the envelope on the dashboard, she picked it up and opened its contents.

“Chulsoo oppa? He used to work your father, right?”

“Yeah, now he’s Youngho’s assistant.”

“So…how does this connect to me?” She asked him as she browsed through the papers.

“Oh, this is Cheongah. His sister. And~” She halted when started to read the documents, she put it down.

“Taeyong, what is this?” She looked at him, confused and shocked.

“Two years ago…Cheongah was ually harassed, she was pointing fingers at your stepsibling…but naturally, she never got to prove that he was the one who did that to her. Your stepmother hired all the best lawyers to make sure of that.”

Kelly’s brows met briefly.

“Now she’s living in isolation…while Yeonwoo…is partying around. I just found out about this after I did some digging on your stepfamily.” He glanced at her, Kelly nodded and exhaled.

“Okay, let’s do this then.”

 

 

“Where did you drop her off?” Chanyeol asked Sehun, they were standing at the veranda, enjoying some beer amongst themselves.

“She said it was something for school, hyung.”

“Stop worrying, Kelly’s an adult.” Kai grinned, his eyes went to the gate briefly.

“I’m not worried about that, but Kris hyung is waiting inside, and Jisoo noona, even Saeyoon’s here. She should at least say hi.”

Ranhee joined them, she was in the process of putting on her beanie as she walked to them.

“My uncle seems really worried. It’s amusing.” She mused as Kai lifted her up in his arms.

“His suffering makes you happy, nice.” Sehun chuckled, then they heard the door open, a black Maserati Gran Turismo slithered in the property.

“That’s not Kelly’s.” Kai said before his two friends could ask him.

Then a male clad in a black long coat slid down from the car, Kelly soon followed him. She was smiling as she looped her arm around the male’s.

“Then, that man…Ranhee’s father?” Kai nudged her, Sehun blinked. He almost forgot about the possibility that Kelly might still be together with Ranhee’s father.

“If my father looks like that, do you think eomma would still be single right now?” Ranhee replied, Chanyeol just sighed and shook his head.

“But, hyung, who is that?” Sehun asked him.

“It’s the disaster trinity. Kelly, Taehyung and Taeyong. Let us all brace ourselves.” Chanyeol murmured as he walked back to the living room.

 

 

Jisoo looked up as they heard the front door open. Kris slowly stood up as Kelly entered the living room.

“Where were you? Did you drive?” Kris asked her.

“I don’t think you should be asking me questions.” Kelly faced him, her brows raised challengingly, Kris swallowed.

Mei, I’m sorry~

“I don’t need your apology, I need an explanation.” She said as she climbed over the stool and crossed her legs.

Jisoo grew amused at how Kris grew tense.

“Hi.” Kai walked up to her, Taeyong appeared with a smirk on his face. Kris balked when he saw the male.

“You two,” He said with suspicion.

“Explain.” Kelly cut him off.

“Aren’t you in some trouble, Double Dragon?” Taeyong chuckled as he stretched his arms to Ranhee.

“Uncle!” She greeted him, Sehun looked at the male with curiosity.

“Taeyong, housemates. Housemates, Lee Taeyong.” She said with a wave of her hand, Chanyeol just greeted the male with a nod.

“You got married eight months ago. It was a small crowd. So…miniscule that you couldn’t invite your sister, aju..nice.” She nodded, then she smiled as Saeyoon entered the room.

Saeyoon quietly joined Chanyeol and the others.

“She’s amazing.” She said quietly.

“Of course, she’s Wu Liah.” Chanyeol nodded, he glanced at Taeyong again.

“The house has become livelier ever since she joined us. It’s refreshing to see Kris hyung so small.” Kai chuckled.

“Then, is this Lee Taeyong a classmate?” Sehun asked.

“Ani, that Lee Taeyong is Samsung’s heir. Also a mafia lord, also Kelly Wu’s best friend.” Chanyeol nodded.

 

 

“We weren’t really planning on it, Kel. We just..wanted to do it.”

“It’s probably a move,” Kelly slid down from the stool.

“To solve a problem, and now, you fell in love with each other. So, you didn’t separate.”

Jisoo blinked at her.

“I did some research. Relax, Wu Yifan. I’m not really angry, just shocked.” She spoke as she walked to Sehun and took a sip from his beer.

“Anyway, I’m hungry. Who’s cooking?” Kelly asked coolly as she walked towards the couple, she leaned over and hugged Jisoo.

Welcome to fambam, unnie.” She smiled as she pulled away, Kris looked at her.

“I heard you got in an argument at the hospital.” Kris asked her as he stood up, Kelly shrugged. Kris just smiled before pulling her to him.

“Thank you, mei.” He said before kissing the top of her head.

“For what? Having the Jeons kicked out of the hospital or being nice to Jisoo unnie?” She blinked, he chuckled.

“Both. Both.” He nodded.

 

 

“Well, you’re welcome, oppa.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++