C.28

Age Of Youth,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

28.

The waiting room was crowded. There sat four people who started off as mere strangers but soon became friends (even more).

Despite all of the on-going tension (courtesy of Emma and Kai) they formed a tightly-knit unit. A family of some sort. One that cared and supported each member no matter what.

One could even say that they shared an unbreakable bond. Their lives being connected and their hearts intertwined.

As soon as Rei had told Emma and Kai that Sehun’s mother was in the hospital (her condition being critical) they had hurried there, momentarily forgetting their own pain and focusing on their friend’s well-being.

Emma knew what it felt like to lose a loved one. After all, she had lost both parents herself. She didn’t want Sehun (or anyone for that matter) to be subject to the excruciating pain that followed.

Losing people you love is not easy. It never is and it never will be.

It’s like a part of you is gone. A part of you is missing and can never be retrieved.

And as much as you try that big, deep hole of ache will never truly go away. It’ll always remain, right there in the depth of your heart even when you officially stop mourning.

Kai kept on glancing at the said girl, lines of worry etched on his face. He knew how hard this must be for her. Being in a hospital (the place she hated the most) and getting reminded of her own loss, of her own parents. The detached look in her eyes scared him and he wanted nothing more than to embrace her.

But he couldn’t.

He couldn’t.

Sehun was touched. He was thankful for having his friends by his side.

Their presence eased his worries (even for a little bit) and gave him the support he needed.

Suddenly the door of the E.R opened, capturing their attention.

Sehun immediately stood up and went to the doctor, “Is she okay?”

Please God,

Please,

Let her be okay,

Let her be alive,

Please.

His heart sank when the older male refused to look him in the eye.

“Is she?”

He repeated, raising his voice.

His body trembled in fear and anger.

The doctor sighed, “I’m sorry. We did the best we could.”

Sehun shook his head, disbelief written all over his face, “No,” he blinked back his tears, “No, you must be lying. You must be,” he clenched his hands, squeezing his fist so tight, his knuckles turned white, “She’s still alive isn’t she? She is, isn’t she? You’re just lying to me, aren’t you? You’re lying to me!”

It felt like his heart was ripped out of his chest and thrown against the wall. He wanted to scream, to shout. But he didn’t. He was in too much shock. In too much pain.

“She’s still alive,” she still is, “She can’t be dead. She can’t be,” she can’t be, she can’t.

Rei took his hand in hers, squeezing it gently.

“I’m sorry.”

The doctor looked at him with pained eyes.

Kai caught him before he could stumble on the floor, “This can’t be happening,” tears started streaming down his face, “She can’t be dead,”

The other three were silently crying, their hearts aching at the sight of his broken state.

“She can’t be. She just can’t.”

He sniffled.

I didn’t even get to say goodbye.

I didn’t even get to tell her how much I loved her.

This is so unfair.

So ing unfair.

A familiar figure came into view, making him widen his eyes in response. Sehun took hurried steps towards the said man, his gaze burning with so much hatred and anger, “What the hell are you doing here?”

He failed to notice the old man’s haggard appearance and blood-shot eyes.

“You have no right to be here.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter