C.27

Age Of Youth,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

27.

“I knew I’d find you here.”

After Kai had stormed off earlier during the evening, Sehun and Rei had found Emma curled up in a ball, crying her heart out. The sight broke their hearts. She seemed so vulnerable. So weak. Sehun had to carry the fragile girl to his car. She was too hurt to walk, let alone talk. She remained silent throughout the entire ride, a distant look on her face. When they arrived at her place, Rei insisted on staying by the girl’s side even though the latter kept on refusing, claiming that she was fine when she clearly wasn’t. Sehun even kept her company for a few hours but eventually had to leave since he had a meeting scheduled for the next morning. And only when Emma had finally fallen asleep did Rei go to see her idiotic best-friend.

Kai sat in the middle of the dim-lit room, empty cans of beers strewn around him. His blood-shot eyes locked with hers, “What are you doing here?”

His voice had a slight edge to it, his anger still present.

“Shouldn’t I be asking you that?”

Her friend ran a hand through his hair, “I’m not in the mood Rei.”

The brunette kicked a can with her foot, “Then what are you in the mood for?”

Kai shot her a glare, “Nothing. I just want to be left alone if that’s not already obvious enough.”

Rei sighed, “You’re being impossible.”

The said man raised an eyebrow, “Excuse me?”

The young woman folded her arms across her chest, “You heard me,” her gaze hardened as she spoke, “You’re acting like a spoiled brat.”

Kai shook his head in disbelief, “She lied to me. What do you expect me to do? Be all happy about it?”

Rei rolled her eyes, “No. And for your information she was going to tell you, she was just afraid of your reaction.” She had every right to be I guess.

He scoffed in response, “That doesn’t change the fact that she lied.”

She lied to me. She ing lied to me.

She raised her hands up, exasperated, “She made a mistake! Just one ing mistake! Are you seriously going to punish her for it?”

Kai’s gaze lowered to the floor, her words hit him, hard and deep.

“Don’t you think you’ve punished her enough?”

Regret swirled in his orbs.

“You refused to listen to her and left. You just left. You turned your back on her and walked away. Do you have any idea how ty that must have made her feel? You didn’t even stop to consider how she must have felt. You didn’t. You let your anger blind you and drive you away from the one person who actually gave a about you.”

What has he done?

“Tell me, what gave you the right to treat her this way?”

He ed up, didn’t he?

Didn’t he?

He let his anger get the best of him when he should have remained calm.

When he should have stayed.

When he should have listened.

“Emma doesn’t deserve the pain you put her through. She doesn’t. Not at all.”

.

He hurt the one person he vowed to protect with all his might.

Kai hurt her. He hurt her. He hurt his Emma. (He hurt his Emma.)

He hurt her.

He ing hurt her.

He ing did.

God he’s such an .

He doesn’t even deserve her.

He actually never did.

He never did. (He never did.)

“You’ve done a lot of ty things in the past. You’ve made a lot of mistakes but she never held them against you. Not even once. She accepted them. She accepted you. So why can’t you do the same for her?”

Why?

“We all make mistakes Kai but don’t let that be the reason you give up on somebody especially not somebody like Emma.”

Kai stood up, his steps wobbly, “I need to go to her.”

I need to talk to her.

I need to find her.

I need to make things right again.

(I need to make things right again.)

Rei extended her arm, preventing him from taking another step, “You won’t do her any good in this state. Tomorrow when you’ve sobered up go visit her.”

He nodded his head.

She was right.

He’s done enough damage for the day.

“Do you think she’ll forgive me?”

Fear gnawed at him.

The brunette’s gaze softened, “I don’t know Kai, would you?”

No,

No he wouldn’t.

And he had no idea what he’d do if she didn’t.

Listen to the song as you read: "Say Something"

The young woman sat on the cold hard ground, tears kept on streaming down her face. It felt like someone had ripped her heart out of her chest and tore it to pieces. She was in pain. She was hurting. And she was alone. The one person she truly cared about and loved left her. He just left her. He refused to listen. He refused to understand and left, just like that.

Curling into a ball, Emma wanted nothing more than to disappear. To vanish. That way she’ll be able to relieve herself from this pain. But no matter how small she got, she was still here. She still existed.

For a short while, she thought she had mattered to someone. She thought she had mattered to him. But she didn’t. She didn’t.

If she did, he would have stayed. He would have listened. But he didn’t. He didn’t.

Baekhyun was right all along, wasn’t he?

Kai did end up hurting her.

No, he didn’t hurt her. He broke her. He destroyed her. He killed her.

After all she’s been through,

After losing her parents,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter