C.9

Age Of Youth,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

9.

Guys have friends that are girls because it gives them someone to talk about their feelings with. Girls have friends that are guys because there is much less drama.

A guy and a girl can be friends but sooner or later one will fall for the other–at least that’s what most (if not all) people say. To them friendship is not possible between two people of the opposite . It’s not. Not at all. It’s only a matter of time until one of them develops more than friendly feelings for the other and the one who does fall victim to love is bound to be heartbroken, how come? Because their friend might not reciprocate their feelings. In most cases, the so called victim would keep their feelings to themselves. They would keep quiet in fear of losing the one they care for. After all, they’d rather feel pain at the sight of their loved one in the arms of another than risk losing them completely. Having them by their side would be enough. It would be more than enough. It would. It truly would. Even if they have to suppress their true feelings in front of them.

Now Kai and Rei have a relatively close relationship and their closeness has often been mistaken for love. Don’t get me wrong, they do love each other but they aren’t romantically in love with one another. They are (believe it or not) just best-friends, nothing more and nothing less. Yes, Kai can be affectionate at times, calling her “babe” and greeting her with a hug or a kiss on the cheek whenever the two would meet but that’s just a friendly gesture, his way of showing her how much he cares about her as a friend. Kai is, after all, a guy who likes skin-ship, one who expresses himself with actions more than words.

Why Rei? Why is he friends with her when he treats most girls cold-heartedly? Well the answer is quite simple really: it’s because she reminds him of himself. She’s his lady counter-part. He might not know her past, not entirely at least, but what he knows is enough. Her story is actually similar to his. It really is. They both experienced heartache at a very young age. They were both tossed aside by the one person they truly cared for. And that my friend made them understand each other on a very deep level.

In Kai’s eyes, Rei is not like other women. She’s not a liar. She’s not. Not at all. Though her intentions might not always be the best, they are always clear. They always are. Her brutal honesty coupled with her “I don’t give a ” attitude are the two things that he appreciates, likes and respects the most about her.

Truth be told Kai had tried to bed her when he first met her and can you really blame him? The woman was (and still is) a hot piece of , (she had tried to seduce him as well) but their desires quickly subsided as they further got to know one another.

Kai cared for her and treated her like family, like the sister he never had. Deep down he wasn’t accepting of the way she had been leading her life but he had no right to object, he had no right to tell her what to do or how to live since he wasn’t any better. So he let her be, hoping that one day she’ll realize her worth. Hoping that one day she’ll set her life back on the right track. Its funny how these are the exact words he should be saying to himself but one does not normally follow the advice one gives.

A young-looking couple entered the hall. The woman’s black gown overflowed onto the ground beneath her, her brown hair was tied up in an elegant bun, her soft smoky eyes and cherry-colored lips added to her allure. The handsome male beside her adorned a black tux, his hair was slicked back showcasing his manly features. Their arrival raised the interest of many. Men were attracted to her sultry beauty and women wanted nothing more than to catch the attention of this dashing young man. The smirking couple gracefully glided into the ballroom, clearly enjoying the amount of attention thrown their way.

Rei’s hazel orbs scanned the place before landing on a familiar figure. Her perfectly drawn eyebrows furrowed at the sight of him smiling and chatting with some woman.

“What’s wrong?”

The brunette nodded her head in the direction of the seemingly happy “couple”.

A smirk played on the man’s lips as his eyes recognized the woman’s identity.

Well, well, well. What do we have here?

“Don’t worry, leave it to me,” he then snatched a glass of wine from a waiter’s tray, “in the meantime have a drink and lighten up,”

The brunette sighed and took a sip of wine, savoring the fine vintage. She’d have to count on Kai for now.

Sehun had been forced into an uninteresting conversation with a man

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter