C.12

Age Of Youth,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

12.

A figure could be seen dancing in the middle of the dimly-lit room. Its movements were sharp and precise, completely in-tune with the frantic beat that was resonating throughout the studio. The male’s steps were powerful and beautifully executed but it seemed as though he was forcing himself a bit too much. His scrambled thoughts were ruining his concentration.

A frustrated sigh escaped his lips as he missed yet another step.

“.” Kai cursed under his breath and halted his movements. He ran a hand through his messy hair, his heart hammering against his chest as sweat dripped off of his forehead, what the hell is wrong with me? He wasn’t one to make mistakes while dancing. He wasn’t one to make mistakes at all (excluding his chaotic love life). He couldn’t shake off the pained look Emma had on her face the other night. He felt bad (guilty even) for causing her pain but why, why did he feel that way? He could care less about hurting women, he could care less if he insulted them or made them cry but how come it felt different when it came to her? How come it felt wrong? How come? It didn’t give him the satisfaction he normally felt, it made him feel like . But why? What was so special about that girl anyway?

Kai sighed for the umpteenth time that day, was I wrong? Could she truly be different?

“I’m hungry.” The brunette’s stomach grumbled in agreement, demanding to be fed. A laughter erupted from the man next to her who got glared at in return, “I think it’s only fair for you to buy me dinner.”

Amusement was written on the man’s face as he spoke. “I think you’re right,” he smiled and gestured for her to lead the way which she did.

Rei grinned excitedly and took him to a nearby supermarket. The man was honestly surprised by her meal (and place) choice. Instead of taking him to an expensive restaurant (seeing how she was mostly used to extravagant food) she had settled for a boiling cup of spicy ramyeon.

“Slow down, the food isn’t going anywhere.” Sehun said with a chuckle. Rei playfully stuck out her tongue at him before resuming her dinner. The way her hazel orbs twinkled as she (rapidly) inhaled the tasty treat made him smile.

“This is so good,” She moaned in delight, “Are you sure you don’t want some?”

Sehun shook his head, “Nah I’m good. I’m not hungry.”

Rei raised a brow and shrugged her shoulders, “It’s your loss.”

The young man chuckled, finding this side of hers quite endearing.

“Would you be so kind to give me a bite then?” He asked, a slow grin spreading across his lips.

Rei pursed her lips in thought, finding it difficult to part from the fiery goodness. Come on it’s only a bite. I can at least give him that much.

With a sigh the brunette extended her chopsticks his way.

Sehun took a bite from the tangle of noodles on her chopsticks. He made a satisfied look with his mouth and nodded at her, “It’s good.”

Rei had a proud look on her face, “Damn right it’s good!” she exclaimed, grinning from ear to ear.

Sehun shook his head in amusement, a soft smile spreading over his face. He liked this side of her the best. It’s a shame she chose to hide it from the world. A real shame.

“Hey babe, why don’t you join us?”

A sleazy smile was drawn on the man’s face as he pointed to the vacant seat beside him. His drunk friends laughed, amusement swirling in their orbs. The woman in question rolled her eyes, tending to the nearby table with a forced smile. She had gotten used to the cat-calls and the inappropriate glances (sometimes touches) the male clients would throw her way.

Ignoring his incessant calls, she went to move past him but a strong hold on her wrist stopped her in her tracks. “Oh come on sweetheart don’t be like that.”

Emma sighed, “Sir, let me go.”

It sickened her how she had to be polite even in these circumstances or else her boss would have her head. Emma tried to pull away, but could not free herself from his tight grip.

The man smacked his lips in a tsking sound, “I’m not taking no for an answer,” He gingerly patted the seat next to him, “Come on sit down.” He said, voice flat and hard.

Emma glared at him, “No.”

She winced at the pain his tight hold was inflicting on her wrist. At this rate, it’ll definitely leave a bruise. A dark look was present on the man’s face, “I suggest you sit down while I’m still being nice.” The man forcefully tugged her to his side, causing a yelp to escape

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter