C.26

Age Of Youth,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

26.

The waves broke and spread their waters swiftly over the shore. One after another they massed themselves and fell; the spray tossed itself back with the energy of their fall. The waves were steeped deep-blue save for a pattern of diamond-pointed light on their backs courtesy of the moon’s beaming rays.

A couple stood on the beach admiring this breathtaking view.

The man couldn’t help but notice the way the moonlight shone on the woman’s face, showing her beautiful features and accentuating the brownish hazel color of her eyes.

Clearing his throat the man extended his arm with a smile, “Dance with me.”

The brunette raised an eyebrow in response, a giggle escaping her full lips, “There’s no music.”

His eyes twinkled as he looked at her, “Oh but there is. The sound of the waves crashing on the shore is music in itself.”

Rei shook her head, a smile tugging on her lips as she took his hand.

Gently pressed against one another, they swayed slowly together. His cheek rested against hers and the warmth of his breath fanned out against her neck. She inhaled his scent of cinnamon and sandalwood while he surrendered to her lavender fragrance.

It felt as if the world had stopped for a second. As if the only thing that mattered was the way their hearts were beating as one.

Sehun slightly pulled away to look at her, to really look at her, to appreciate her body’s every curve and edge. He had to admit that it felt good to have her in his arms. It felt good to have her near him. But Sehun was selfish. He wanted more. So much more. He wanted her all to himself. Every single part of her. All of her. He wanted her to be the last person he saw at night and the first person he saw in the morning. He couldn’t imagine his life without her. He needed her. He cared about her. He might even love her.

“You’re staring.”

Rei’s cheeks were flushed at the intensity of his stare. Her heart was soaring at their close proximity. She liked being in his arms. She felt as if she belonged there. She wouldn’t want to be anywhere else anyway.

She didn’t know when she had fallen for him. He was the only man who liked her for herself (aside from Kai). He was the first man who treated like a decent human being. Not like a toy but like a human. A living being with feelings. He saw her worth when she was too blinded by everything else. He stood by her side despite knowing the nature of her job. He never gave up on her, not when she was on the verge of doing so. He helped her. He supported her. He made her happy. He truly did. And she couldn’t be more grateful to have him in her life.

He completed her. In a way he did. He truly did.

“You’re just so beautiful,” His thumb across her cheekbone, then lowered to . Softly, she felt it sweep the fullness of her bottom lip. Butterflies erupted in her stomach at his touch. Sehun leaned in and softly brushed his lips over hers. He then tenderly kissed , relishing her sweet taste. Rei sighed in contentment, loving the feeling of his lips on hers,

“I think I’m falling for you,” He whispered against her lips, sending shivers down her spine (the good kind)

The brunette looked at him with half-lidded eyes. She could feel how hard his heart was beating, and it was beating in tune with hers.

“I think I already have.”

Her words made him smile.

Sehun cupped her cheek with his hand and took her lips once more in a passionate kiss. Meeting his tongue with her own Rei felt her heart trembling with love for him.

They may not be perfect,

They were far from it actually,

But they were perfect for one another.

They completed each other,

And that was the only thing that mattered.

“Babe are you okay?”

The man brushed a strand of hair from the woman’s face. Ever since his “family’s” dinner she had been acting quite odd. Looking distant most of the times and spacing out during conversations like now for example.

His girlfriend lightly smiled and nodded her head in response.

He noticed how her smile didn’t quite reach her eyes, “You sure?”

He played with her fingers and kissed her knuckles.

She caressed his cheek, “I am. Don’t worry.”

Kai wasn’t as convinced but decided to drop the subject.

Emma bit her lip, I need to tell him,

I need to.

Come on Emma just do it.

Stop being such a coward and do it.

He’ll understand,

He will,

Won’t he?

After all, you’ve done nothing wrong,

You haven’t.

But Kris’s words kept on repeating in her head like a broken record.

No guy would want a for a girlfriend,

No guy would want a for a girlfriend,

Kai wouldn’t want a for a girlfriend,

Kai wouldn’t want you for a girlfriend,

Not after he finds out the truth that is,

Not after he finds out the truth of who I was,

Of what I did for a living.

She was no different from the girls he had bedded, was she?

They haven’t had yet. She wasn’t ready for it (her previous experiences have traumatized her in a way). And Kai had been patient enough to wait for her. He didn’t want to pressure her. Besides he wasn’t with her for the . He was with her because he deeply cared about her. Because she made him happy. Because he couldn’t imagine himself being with any other girl. Because she meant the world to him and was everything he had ever wanted. She was his best friend. His lover. His everything.

But,

Would he still want to be with her after he finds out?

Would he still look at her in the same light?

Won’t she lose him?

And,

Could she bear losing him?

Could she bear not having him by her side?

She had lost so much. (So much.)

So many people had left her side. (So many.)

She had lost her parents, her very first friend…

What would she do if she lost Kai as well?

Would she be able to handle the heartache?

Would she? (She wouldn’t.)

She promised to always be by his side but why does it feel like he was going to be the one to leave her. Why?

And the moment he does, what would happen to her? What would become of her?

Tell him,

Just tell him,

Everything will be fine,

All will be well,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter