C.14

Age Of Youth,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

14.

A smile made its way onto the woman’s face as she went out of the restaurant. Ever since that night Kai had been walking her home after every shift, claiming that the world was a dangerous place during nighttime, especially for an innocent girl such as herself.

Emma had no complaints whatsoever, she truly enjoyed his company and would constantly look forward to their nightly chats. As did he. He found himself smiling more frequently nowadays—yes smiling not smirking–and that was all thanks to her. It’s funny how they’ve managed to grow closer to each other in the span of a few weeks.

However, that does not mean that Kai had given up his playboy ways. Certainly not. Kai still slept with many women. Many women. He’d them and leave them as soon as they became of no use to him. Emma had yet to know of this side of him but she had her doubts, after all, Kai was a handsome guy who had many, many women fawning over his every step.

The time he has spent with Emma (so far) was enjoyable. Their talks were rather memorable and her company was endearing. He would be lying if he said he was never attracted to her. He was. He still is. She wasn’t a striking beauty per say but she had her own charm, a certain appeal that makes you want to know more about her. One look at her mesmerizing blue orbs, makes you want to unravel the secrets that lay beyond their stormy color. Kai had felt entranced by them whenever he had locked eyes with her. But he refused to give in to them. He refused to give in to his desires, after all, he didn’t want her to be another name on his long list of “conquests”. By sleeping with her he’d have to let her go and he didn’t want to (not anytime soon).

“If I haven’t been clear enough, I want you to know that I really, really hate your job at this place.”

Emma chuckled, “Really? I couldn’t tell.” She said with a sarcastic tone in her voice.

Kai frowned, “What gave it away?”

“Oh I don’t know…” Emma paused, feigning deep thought as she tapped her chin, “Your constant nagging maybe?” she said with a playful smile.

Kai scoffed, “Nag? Me?” he pointed to himself in disbelief, “I don’t nag.” He huffed like a small child who had been denied his favorite toy and crossed his arms over his chest.

Emma bit her lip, trying and failing to contain her widening smile–he looked too cute, okay.

“And even if I do–”

“Nag.”

He glared at her, “It’s only for your own good.”

“I know.” And the smile she gave him made him feel, well, all warm and fuzzy on the inside, as cliché as that sounded.

“How much are you paid anyway?”

She cutely pouted making him want to kiss that pout away, “Not enough.”

“What if told you that I could hook you up with a job that pays double–no, triple what you need.”

Emma raised an eyebrow, amusement lurking in her eyes, “I’d say you’re crazy.”

Kai smirked, “Then call me crazy.”

Emma shook her head, “No. I don’t want your help.” I don’t need it.

The man sighed at her stubbornness, “You’ll be helping me not the other way around.”

The young woman gave him a deadpan look, “Really now.”

Kai nodded his head, “Really. My studio is in desperate need of someone who could take in applications and schedule classes.”

Emma pursed her lips in thought.

“Come on Em. Help a friend out, will you?”

Come on say yes,

Come on,

It beats working in that horrid place surrounded by sleazy men 24/7.

“I can barely take care of everything by myself.” He said, his tone genuine.

“I could really use your help, please?” he gave her the saddest puppy dog expression he could muster and it managed to pull at her heartstrings damn it!

Emma had an unreadable expression on her face. The offer is too hard to refuse.

“I’ll be needing you mostly during the weekends but you can always drop by whenever you’re free during the week.”

That way she’ll focus more on her studies.

Kai had a hopeful look on his face as he awaited her answer.

“Fine, I’ll do it. I’ll help.”

Kai inwardly sighed in relief, “You just saved my . Thank you.” He said with a wink.

Emma smiled, she knew he wasn’t in need of help. Not really. After all, he had been successfully managing his studio by himself ever since it’s opening a few years back. So no, help wasn’t something he needed but she was thankful to him nonetheless.

“Thank you.”

Really,

Thank you.

Kai shook his head, a smile playing on his lips, “No. Thank you.”

“Here.”

The man handed her a chocolate chip muffin and a hot cup of tea; green tea to be exact, her favorite. The woman blinked in response.

“I was at the bakery nearby,” He gestured to the brown bag he was holding, “thought I’d grab something for you as well.”

A smile bloomed on her face at his sweet gesture, “Thank you.”

The man nodded his head, “Don’t skip breakfast next time. It’s the most important meal of the day.”

A blush dusted her cheeks. In order to be on time, she had come to work on an empty stomach. A fact, the growling of her tummy kept on reminding her of.

He couldn’t have heard it, could he?

The smirk that played on his lips, gave her the answer she needed.

Oh boy, why doesn’t the ground just open up and swallow me whole, that way I’ll be less embarrassed.

Kai chuckled, finding her flustered state and the rosy color her cheeks adorned quite endearing, “Don’t worry it’ll be our little secret.”

The wink he shot her way made her heart skip a beat. (Or two.)

The young man greeted his “friends” with a smile, engaging in polite conversation here and there. He couldn’t qualify the men as his friends per say. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter