C.19

Age Of Youth,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

19.

The young woman wiped away her tears and sniffled loudly, hiccupping here and there. She tried getting up but felt light-headed all of sudden. Dizziness sent her vision spiraling in a series of nauseating waves, prompting her to vomit (thankfully she didn’t).

Planting herself back on the bench, Emma inwardly cursed, maybe she shouldn’t have drank more than her limit. When will she ever learn that drinking was never the answer?

But she was heartbroken. She was in pain. And alcohol seemed like the perfect remedy to ease her aching heart. After all, she had feelings for a guy who’d never look twice her way. A guy she shouldn’t have fallen for in the first place.

Emma sighed, eyeing the empty bottles of soju that laid beneath her feet. I’m pathetic, aren’t I?

A tear fell down her cheek as more soon followed.

Why can’t I hate you?

Why?

She knew the answer.

Deep down, she knew.

She liked him, a lot. A lot. To the point where she couldn’t even fathom the idea of hating him. She liked him. But he could care less about her.

A bitter chuckle escaped her lips at the thought of the time they spent together.

Everything seemed so fake. Their talks. Their laughs. Their smiles. Everything. Every single thing.

He had been playing her all along, toying with her feelings, with her mind. Everything was some kind of sick joke to him. Every single thing.

I can’t believe I fell for you. I can’t believe I fell for someone like you.

A thumb gently brushed over her cheekbone, making her blue orbs widen at the familiar figure.

Am I imagining things? I must be too drunk to function properly.

Her breathing halted as the man placed a gentle but firm fingertip to the underside of her chin, lifting her face so that their eyes remained locked in an intense gaze. His touch sent tingles all throughout her spine, making her face heat up at his warmth.

Is he really here? Did he really come?

Kai’s heart ached at the sight of her tear-stained face.

I don’t deserve your tears. I don’t even deserve your love.

“I don’t pity you,” He tenderly cradled her face as if it were made of delicate china, “I could never pity you,’” his tone was serious but held a hidden gentleness to it, “So get that silly idea out of your head.”

His gaze held something that made Emma’s heartbeat increase.

“What you heard back there wasn’t true. None of it was.”

Something that made her weak in the knees.

“I had been lying to myself all along.”

Something akin to love.

“Trying so hard to shake away these feelings.”

These unwanted feelings.

“Pretending not to care when I did,” a smile played on his lips, a genuine one, “When I do.”

The sincerity that laced every letter and word made her heart skip a beat (or two).

“Falling for you was never something I planned.”

It never was.

“I like you Emma, more than I should.”

And I know you deserve better. So much better. But I’m too selfish to let you go.

Then he leaned forward, just enough, and pressed his lips to her forehead in a light kiss.

Please don’t let this be a dream.

Kai chuckled, apparently she had spoken out loud, “It’s not.”

He gently brushed a strand of hair from her face, then kissed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter