C.6

Age Of Youth,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6.

Kai’s mocking laugh and words followed her everywhere, “Guess your charms didn’t work after all, what a pity,”

The brunette balled her fist, her manicured nails digging into her palm as she recalled the events that took place last night. She felt embarrassed. How can a guy disregard her just like that? They were dancing (rather intimately) and he was captivated by her beauty (that was clear) but then he had the audacity to walk away, leaving her all alone in the middle of the dance-floor. Who does he think he is? No guy has ever walked away from her. She would always be the one to walk away. To leave with her head held high while they begged for her to come back. That guy, whoever he was, humiliated her in front of everyone and that was something Rei couldn’t and wouldn’t accept. She always got what she wanted. Always. And that man was no exception.

Her eyes were set on him and no one else. She was going to make him fall head over heels for her, she was going to make him hers whether he liked it or not.

Two can play this game.

Soon enough he’ll be eating right out of her hand.

No guy has ever rejected her and he certainly won’t be first.

The young girl wiped away her tears, it’s getting late I should probably head home.

She sniffled before gathering the empty bottles and slowly getting up. She wasn’t drunk (she wanted to be though.) She thought that alcohol would help her forget. That it would wash away the sorrow, the emptiness that threatened to swallow her whole, the loneliness that killed her insides. She wanted it all to be gone. All of it. She wanted to be able to breathe again, to feel again. She wanted to be able to let go of the pain, just for a minute. Just for a minute she wanted to be okay. She wanted to be normal. Was that too much to ask for? Was it? Was she asking for too much? Was she?

Emma threw away the bottles in a trashcan nearby and continued walking. She was a mess. That, she knew of. That, she was aware of. She missed her parents (dearly.) She needed them by her side. Yet, they were forcefully taken away from her. They were gone. They were never coming back. And she was left all alone. All alone. At times she wished she had been with them during the accident, maybe then she would have left with them as well, maybe then she wouldn’t have been as alone, as lost, as empty, maybe just maybe. But she would always shake these dark thoughts away. After all, her parents would have wanted her to be happy.

They would have wanted her to live on. To move on. And she had been trying to do so (she’s still trying to do so) for their sake. She vowed to keep on going, to keep on living for them. For them and only them.

The sound of a sickening voice made shivers run down her spine, “Oh, what do we have here? Such a pretty little thing like you shouldn’t be wandering alone at night,”

. Ignore him, just ignore him and go.

Emma kept her head held low as she tried to hurry past the man but an outstretched hand prevented her from doing so.

“Didn’t your parents teach you some manners? When somebody’s talking to you, you should answer,”

The stranger tightly gripped her wrist, keeping her in place. The girl winced at the pain his hold was inflicting on her. Her blue orbs looked up and were met with a dark pair, the sinister smirk that was plastered on the man’s face made her stomach churn with fear, “my, my what pretty eyes you have,”

The man slowly ran a finger down her rosy cheek. Emma squirmed in his hold, wanting nothing more than to be free, she lifted her leg, bent her knee, and aimed the ball of her foot at his crotch, but much to her dismay the man had fast reflexes and easily managed to dodge her attack.

An icy glare was shot her way, “don’t make me mad or else I won’t let you off so easily,”

The girl gulped, dreading what’s to come, “please let me go,”

She desperately pleaded, hoping that he’ll magically let her go.

The stranger gazed at her in amusement, enjoying the sight of her fear-stricken features, “so you do talk,”

Tears blurred her vision, somebody save me, please.

“Hey don’t cry, we’re just going to have some fun,” the man said with a wink.

Emma shook her head, tears cascading down her cheeks, “please don’t. I beg of you,”

A dark chuckle escaped his lips, “surprisingly your begging is ,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter