C.2

Age Of Youth,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2.

“Another bottle of soju!”

A please would be nice.

The blue-eyed girl forced a smile as she handed the group of cackling men the bottle, they didn’t even say thank you, “bastards,” she mumbled under her breath and walked away to tend to another table.

As usual, the restaurant was buzzing with many people; all wanting to drink the night away while enjoying the delicious grilled meat the place had to offer. The girl sighed, she hated dealing with drunk customers, especially when they were of the opposite . Why? Since they would try to make a pass at her or even worse her and the only thing she could do was shoot them a nasty glare. Sadly she couldn’t insult them, not unless she wanted to lose her job and that was the last thing she wanted (the very last thing.) Sure the pay wasn’t that grand (that’s why she had another job on the side) but she needed the money, she desperately needed the money to pay for her tuition and rent. So for the meantime she had to put up with their lewd comments and do her job to the best of her ability.

Emma rubbed her eyes tiredly, her legs were aching from the amount of standing she had to put up with and she felt a headache coming her way. Great, just what I needed.

A sigh escaped her chapped lips as she put her hands in her coat’s pocket, hoping it could give her the warmth she needed. Her shift had ended exactly at 3 am and her class would be starting in five hours. Her apartment was located a few blocks away from her work-place which made the commute much easier.

After locking the door, she threw her body on the couch and closed her eyes, wanting to sleep for an hour at least. The many thoughts that were swirling inside her mind prevented her from doing so. She assumed a sitting position and ruffled her hair in sheer frustration. She glanced at the pile of bills that were left discarded on her coffee-table. She barely had enough money to keep her afloat.

I need to find another job, the young woman sighed and ran a hand through her hair, untangling the strands that had become twisted by the wind.

Her week-days were already full: A part-time job at the local supermarket awaited her after her daily classes. Then at 9pm her shift at the restaurant started. So she needed to find something to do on the week-ends…Though she wanted to keep them free to study but she had no choice, did she? (She didn’t.) Besides she could always do some reading during her shift at the super-market, after all, not many customers frequent the place at night.

Yeah,

I can do that,

It’s going to be hard but I can manage. (Hopefully)

She then got up after stretching out her limbs and headed towards the bathroom. A warm shower was exactly what she needed after this long stressful day.

Kai glanced at the girl beside him with furrowed brows, what was her name again? He tried recalling it but to no avail, it doesn’t matter anyway, it’s not like I’ll be seeing her again.

The said woman’s eyes fluttered open, a smile rested on her face at the sight of the man beside her, “last night was amazing,” she trailed her fingers down his forearms, then back up, then down again before moving them in a feathery path up his torso, hoping for a repeat of last night’s events.

The brown-haired man hummed in response, his plumb lips forming an alluring smirk which made the girl’s heart skip a beat. I’ve had better.

She then attempted to wrap her arms around his toned body but was faced with rejection. Kai got up from bed. His brown orbs scanning the floor in search for his boxers. The woman’s eyes followed his every move, “why don’t you come back to bed?” she patted the empty space next to her that he occupied not too long ago, “it’s still early, we can cuddle or talk or anything really,” she said in rather a hopeful tone.

Kai wanted to laugh in her face, “I don’t think you understand the concept of “one-night stands”, do you?” a hint of mockery was present in his voice.

The woman blinked.

He scoffed, “well seeing how I am in a good mood I’ll explain it to you,” he turned around and looked her straight in the eyes, “two complete strangers meet one night, they and then go back to being strangers,” he gave her a condescending smile, “did that get through your thick skull?” The woman flinched at the harshness of his tone, eyes b with tears.

Kai rolled his eyes and put on his sweats.

“But I-I thought-”

He cut her off before she was able to finish, “you thought what? That “this”,” he gestured to her and him, “could go somewhere? That’s not how one-night stands work sweetheart, I thought we already established that,” the crestfallen look on her face didn’t faze him in the least, “just leave,” a tear fell down the woman’s cheek at his words, “you know the way out,” he added before making his way to the kitchen, desperately needing his morn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter