C.16

Age Of Youth,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

16.

“You seem troubled dear.”

The woman lovingly her son’s cheek.

The latter shook his head, “I just have a lot of things on my mind lately.”

He smiled, hoping that it’ll disperse her worries. His mother frowned slightly, noticing how his smile didn’t quite reach his eyes.

Sehun took in the woman’s fragile state, she had lost a considerable amount of weight lately. Her sickly pale complexion made his chest constrict with a huge amount of pain. He felt hopeless. His mother was getting weaker day by day and he couldn’t do anything to help her, to help ease her suffering. He couldn’t do anything to stop the disease from spreading all over her body, from weakening her. He couldn’t do anything to save her. He could only stare as she slowly slipped away from his fingers.

Sehun took her hand in his, squeezing it ever so gently, “Have you been taking your meds?”

His mother pursed her lips, not liking the way he had changed the subject but nodded none the less, “They’re only delaying the inevitable.”

She softly smiled, her chocolate orbs glazed with tears.

“Don’t say that.”

His tone was firm, unyielding.

“You’ll get better. It’s only a matter of time before you do.”

He was only lying to himself and he knew that all too well.

“We both know I won’t.”

She wiped away the tear that fell down his cheek (without him knowing) with a smile.

Sehun cleared his throat, “Has father been visiting you?”

His mother’s smile slightly wavered, “He’s been busy”

His body tensed, that bastard.

“Don’t be mad at your father love. He has his reasons.”

Sehun shook his head in disbelief, “After everything you’re still defending him.”

His eyebrows furrowed, “Why?”

Her gaze softened as she brushed a strand of hair out of his face, “Because I love him. And I know for a fact that he loves me too.”

Her son scoffed. Well, he has an odd way of showing it.

The smile she wore indicated that she knew something, something he didn’t.

Is it possible to love someone that much?

Looking at his mother he knew that it was.

Indeed it was.

The young woman was moping the floor, softly humming a tune to herself, wanting to keep herself from thinking about the odd set of emotions she had been experiencing ever since she had stepped inside this place. Ever since she had let Kai invade her life with his cold attitude and unexpected sweet side.

Sometimes he would simply brush her off whenever one his “playthings” was around.

Other times he would surprise her by giving her his jacket whenever she was cold (and refused to admit so). By checking-up on her every hour or so. By offering to drop her off at home after every shift (whether she liked to or not; it wasn’t an offer per say since she had no right to refuse). By sending her snacks (the ones she liked the most) and a good-luck message when she was cramming for her exams. By nagging her (non-stop) to not skip any meal and buying her, her favorite food when she did. By taking her to the beach, whenever she was down (knowing very well that it was her favorite place to be at). By watching some sappy romance movie with her (a genre he hated but she thoroughly enjoyed) to make her smile.

In short, he had her on a rollercoaster of emotions.

A rollercoaster she refused to get off of.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter