meet the unicorn

fated

finals is next week

woo

i'm taking like 6 classes next semester. i dont need any of them

one of the classes is beginning digital photography so... yay

my mum is gonna be pissed bc i dont have time for work

 

 



    They got to Minseok’s house and as soon as they were shown his room, the door closed. Thanks to Luhan his parents saw nothing wrong and went on with their business as usual.

    Inside the bedroom, Minseok grabbed Sehun by the shirt and pushed him onto the bed. “Ow! I did just get out of surgery you know.” The tall man whined.

    “Can you kiss him already?” The small man asked of Luhan. The psychopomp climbed onto the bed and pinned the tall man with a kiss.

    He sat up abruptly, cursed then disappeared in a puff of smoke.

    Minseok climbed on top of Sehun and started kissing him in Luhan’s place. He ran his cold fingers under the tall man’s shirt and traced the edge of his bandage.

    “Before you died, did you work out a lot?” Minseok asked as he followed the softly showing muscles on the tall man’s stomach with his fingers.

    “Never. I had a little bit of a belly to be perfectly honest. Why?” He asked.

    “Because you have an amazing body… and I noticed that between the time I arrived at the hospital and the time I left, my body was … changing too.”

    “He did warn us.” Sehun replied as he reached under the back of Minseok’s shirt to draw little circles with his fingers. They kissed languidly for some time and it might have been odd to some people that they had been holding their breaths for well over five minutes. They never noticed.

    Minseok brought his hand up to brush his thumb across Sehun’s cheek just before they separated to breathe. The small man brought his head down to bite Sehun’s neck just below his ear pulling a low groan from his throat.

    “You two are just gorgeous like that you know.” Luhan purred. The other two looked at each other, smirked then lunged at Luhan.

    They all tumbled off the bed and Luhan landed on top of them. He tried to get up but they held him as Sehun kissed him and Minseok latched onto the side of his neck.

    The door opened and Minji walked in without knocking. The three climbed out from behind the bed. She sat down, completely ignoring what she was pretty sure was happening. “Mum’s invited everyone in her phonebook to celebrate your return. Just thought I’d warn you.”

    “Thanks” Minseok said and hugged his sister.

    “It’s weird. You’re different, but you’re not.” She replied.

     “Normal non amnesiac me would hug you a lot?” She nodded. Luhan busied himself by plugging Minseok’s laptop in and Sehun looked at the collection of books on Minseok’s shelf.

    “Normal you would also be joined at the hip with Hakyeon.”

    “I think we found him a boyfriend.” The older brother smiled.

    The doorbell rang.

    “Here they come.” Minji smirked. Trying, badly, to mask that she didn’t really like this fact … or many of the guests. She dragged him by the hand to his front door.

    Sehun and Luhan stood behind Minseok by the door as Minji reintroduced everyone. Every reply was “Of course he remembers us” And then some reason why he should have remembered them.

    Minseok started out shaking his head sadly in reply, but after a while it just devolved into him lazily lolling his head back and forth or him just raising an eyebrow and saying “Nope, ringing no bells.”

    Sehun left and came back with a plate that was overloaded with crackers and fingerfoods.

    “My baby! You’ve gotten so skinny!” A large woman squealed before hugging Minseok from the side and almost making him drop his plate. Luhan was fast enough to catch it.

    “Please be gentle with him. He just came back from the hospital today.” The redhead said.

    She woman sniffed, scowled and continued asking the small man questions he couldn’t answer.

    “I’m sorry ma’am I don’t have any answers for you.” He finally said as he pushed her off of him. Luhan handed him his plate again.

    “Were you the reason he was missing?” She sneered at Luhan.

    “What?”

    “You led him to a deviant lifestyle and he must have overdosed or something. That’s why you had to go to the hospital with him isn’t it, you hoodlum?”

    “Leave my friends alone.” Minseok frowned.

    “Friends … pfft you have no idea what you’re saying. You’re still young and naïve. He probably sold your ity for some drugs or-”

    “You know what?” Minseok cut her off rather loudly, “I’ve had enough of you and your baseless accusations!” He walked away from her, “If anyone needs me … whatever! I don’t care! You can just off!” He shouted before running to his room and slamming the door. Everyone in the house was stunned to silence by his outburst.

    Luhan and Sehun shot her a dirty look before running to his door and trying to open it. “Min … It’s us. Open the door.” Sehun said.

    Luhan directed his voice so it could only be heard in the room with Minseok, “Don’t leave us out here with her.” He whined.

    Minseok opened the door long enough to let them in then locked it again. His cheeks were ruddy and his eyes were rimmed with red. “You ok?” Sehun asked.

    “Will be when they’ve gone.” He replied. “I’m not comfortable with all of these people.”

    “I have an idea, lets blow this popsicle joint and go see Sehun’s family.” Luhan suggested, completely oblivious to his weird phrasing. The two others agreed and crawled out of Minseok’s window.

    They learned that he only lived a town over from Sehun’s family’s house. They might have even gone to the same high school for a year. Shame Minseok couldn’t remember.

    On the door to Sehun’s parent’s house was a note that said ‘We are at Chapel of the Chimes. Please join us there’

    Sehun shrugged and they made their way over to the church. The doors were open and they quietly went in. Sehun stared at the front in shock. His father was giving a speech next to a poster sized picture of Sehun with a black frame. “You look weird with black hair” Minseok giggled at the picture.

    “What … the everloving ?” Sehun managed to finally say when the shock had mostly worn off. His father stopped in the middle of a word and stared at his son.

    “S-Sehun?” The name caught in his throat.

    “Dad? What’s going on?”

    “W- Where have you been?” His mother sobbed as she got up to touch her son’s face. She had to make sure he was real.

    “Hospital.” Sehun was choking up. He lifted his arm to show her the sling. “Didn’t you look for me?”

    “We looked everywhere … They couldn’t find your body and they told us that a John Doe was taken to the hospital but most likely wouldn’t make it even if they could locate him. Didn’t even fit your description and now I know why” She gestured to his head.

     Sehun’s father stepped out from behind the podium and hugged his son. “OW! Watch it dad, I’m still broken.” He whined.

    “Who are your friends?” Someone who looked like a slightly older version of Sehun asked.

    “This is Minseok and this is Luhan. He saved our lives.” Sehun beamed as he pointed to the redhead. “He pulled me out of the bus and got me to the hospital in time. He never left our sides.”

    After thanking everyone for coming, apologizing and hugging his relatives, his parents drove them home.

    “What sort of stunt was that?” Sehun’s mother rounded on her son.

    “What kind of stunt was what? I got out of the hospital, I came home. What the hell was I supposed to do?” Sehun shouted back. “You didn’t look hard enough.”

    “You didn’t call us.” She poked him in the chest … right where the tube was. Sehun doubled over in pain with a small shout. Minseok and Luhan dropped down to his side protectively and Luhan lifted the tall boy’s shirt. the bandage was soaking through with blood. They sat him on a nearby couch.

    “ … I hate to do this to you but …” Luhan put Minseok’s hand on the bleeding bandage telling him to push on it. Sehun whimpered, trying not to look like a baby by crying out. Tears were collecting in the corners of his eyes. “Be right back.” Luhan pulled out a phone and left the room. Minseok also hissed in pain.

    Sehun tried to sob but it caused a coughing fit. “Can I have a napkin?” Minseok asked his mother. She got up and came back quickly with a tissue and Minseok wiped the blood off of the corner of his mouth.

    “Was it that bad?” Sehun’s brother asked, kneeling in front of his little brother.

    “He had a tube to drain the blood from his lung. They took it out this morning.”

    “Shouldn’t he still be in the hospital?”

    “He … insisted on coming home as soon as he could. I wasn’t there for the first week he was in the hospital but I heard he was in intensive care the whole time.”

    “Stop” -cough cough- “Talking like” -gasp cough- “I’m not here.” -wheeze-

    Minseok covered his mouth with his hand. “Shut up. That’s not helping you any.” Sehun gave him a dirty look. He removed his hand, looked at his palm with a disgusted look and wiped it off on Sehun’s shirt. the tall boy looked at him incredulously.

    Luhan sat on the other side of Sehun and grabbed his hand. “Still hurts?” He asked. Sehun nodded. “I got someone coming who can help.” He kissed Sehun’s forehead. Sehun’s family looked confused at the men who seem to have come out of nowhere but were so close to their son.

    “So … How long have you known Sehun?” Sehun’s father asked. He watched bemusedly as Sehun tried to bite Minseok.

    “I met him when I pulled him from the bus.” He rest his head on Sehun’s shoulder. Sehun dropped his head so it leaned against Luhan’s.

    They sat in awkward silence, Sehun’s parents had no idea what to ask his son. Every few minutes Sehun’s mother kept blubbering apologies about hurting him until the doorbell rang.

    Sehun’s brother answered. A man stood at the door with a satchel over his shoulder. “Luhan called me.”

    “This way.” He said.

    He stopped in front of Sehun. Minseok and Sehun exchanged glances but kept quiet. “Hello, I am Yixing. Shirt off. Now.” He ordered.

    Sehun struggled to sit up enough to take his shirt off. Luhan helped with the sitting up part and Minseok helped with the shirt taking off. Sehun’s mother gasped when she saw the raised, still red skin from the accident.

    Yixing pulled the soaked, red bandage off and hissed in sympathetic pain. “It’s not often that I say this, but ew … that’s pretty gross. Where is your bedroom?” He asked Sehun before picking him up.

    “I can help.” His brother said.

    Yixing thought for a moment, handed Sehun to Luhan and pulled a small device from his pocket. His parents seemed uneasy about these two people who could pick their son up like he weighed nothing.

    “What’s your name?” Yixing asked as he calibrated the machine and stuck what appeared to be a slip of paper in it.

    “Sejun. If there’s anything I can do to help my little brother I’ll do it.” He said

    “Hand” Yixing said. Sejun gave Yixing his hand and it immediately went into the machine.

    “Ow!” He grunted as it took a few drops of blood from a finger.

    “You need more potassium.” Yixing said before he took a piece of gauze out, soaked up a bit of Sehun’s blood and gave it to the machine. It whirred, clicked and finally dinged with a green light. “Ok, come with us” He said, pulling the tall man along to Sehun’s bedroom.

    They lay Sehun down on the bed and Luhan kissed his forehead.

    “Stop that, you need to rest too Hannie.” Yixing said. “How did this open up?”

    “Our mum poked him in the chest, probably because she thought he didn’t really get on the bus that crashed.”

    “He was almost cut in half.” Luhan stated, “Lengthwise.”

    “Granted, that was only a little over two weeks ago. I shouldn’t even be breathing on my own let alone be ing about the chest tube that used to be there yet.” Sehun wheezed.

    “And even if you did wake up, (however unlikely that might be) it’d still be at least a month before they’d even think of letting you use your arm again.” Minseok said absently poking gently at the tall man’s collarbone.

    “What?” Sejun was really confused.

    “And why do you have a horn on your head?” Sehun said groggily to Yixing.

    “Actually I was wondering the same thing.” Minseok said.

     “Horn?” Sejun asked. Completely incapable of seeing anything.

    “How did they get the gift of sight?” Yixing asked as he continued to clean off the wound in Sehun’s chest.

    “They belong to me now.”

    “Had no idea the afterlife allowed pets.” He smirked as he turned and cleaned a spot on Sejun’s arm to insert a needle attached to a collection bag.

    “I resent that.” Minseok grumbled. By this point Sejun decided it’d be best just to keep quiet and stop wasting his breath with questions that wouldn’t ever be answered.

     Yixing cracked his knuckles and stretched his arms and neck. “Ok OhSehun, brace yourself. This might hurt a bit ... a lot”

    Minseok grabbed his hand. Luhan was about to grab Sehun’s hand too but Yixing looked at him with a frown. “Don’t even think about it, bub. Go … work or sit in the corner or something. No more healing. It’s against your nature and you’re tiring yourself out.” Luhan pouted for a moment before disappearing in a puff of smoke.

    “The just happened?” Sejun asked.

    “Don’t worry about it hyung.” Sehun slurred.

    “You’ve lost too much blood. Let’s fix that hole.” The medic said before placing the flat of his palm on the hole in Sehun’s chest and pushing down hard once.

    Sehun let out a single guttural shout and squeezed Minseok’s hand. He looked up at Yixing with wide eyes and a frown.

    “That hurt worse that the bus crash.”

    “You actually remember that?” Yixing asked. He looked over at Minseok who was grabbing his chest in roughly the same place. “You guys are connected huh?” Sehun nodded, Minseok stared dumbly. “That aughtta make interesting.”

    “You heard nothing hyung.” Sehun said to his brother hoping he wouldn’t say anything to their parents.

    “You ready for the next one?” Yixing asked.

    “What next one?” Sehun and Minseok asked apprehensively.

    “All I did was temporarily stop your bleeding.” He stated.

    “Seriously?” Minseok asked.

    “I did say it would hurt.”

    “You said might!” Sehun raised his voice.

    “Do you want me to fix the gaping hole in your chest or not?” Yixing smirked. “It might make an interesting-“

    “Do not finish that sentence.” Sehun interrupted with a frown.

    Yixing put his palm over Sehun’s chest and let out a burst of energy strong enough to cause a flash of light. It hurt so badly that Sehun bowed backwards, arching off of the bed. He couldn’t even make a noise to match his screaming face. Minseok did. The small man buried his face in the bedding and screamed.

    Sejun actually looked at his watch to see how long Minseok would scream. He had no idea the tiny man even had the lung capacity to scream for a little over a solid minute without taking a breath.

    “How long ago did he take you in?” Yixing asked Minseok.

    “Maybe two days ago … I was dying of a massive heroin overdose. And Sehun has been with him for almost a month I bet.”

    “Heroin overdose?” Sejun mumbled.

    “Not by choice. I don’t do drugs. I think I’m giving up drinking too.” He looked back at Yixing, “Why do you ask?”

    “You don’t seem to need to breathe too often.” He replied. “This may be the last time anyone but you will be able to donate blood to him.” He said. “Why don’t you have Sejun time how long you can hold your breath for.

    “Maybe after you’ve finished with Sehun.” Minseok gestured at the still open hole.

    “I was giving his body a little rest time.” Yixing said before putting his palm against the hole again. “Two more to go ok?”

    Sehun nodded and grabbed Minseok’s hand. The small man kissed Sehun’s forehead. The two men grit their teeth as the wave of pain washed over them.

    “Don’t heal it too much.” Sehun managed to growl, the outside has to look… not so good.”

    “Roger dodger.” Yixing said before letting go of Sehun’s chest.

    “You two look shagged out.” Luhan said, “How’s it going?”

    “Did you connect us on purpose?” Minseok jammed a finger in Luhan’s chest as he asked.

    “What part of ‘This is all new to me too’ don’t you understand?” Luhan asked. “You think I didn’t feel it as well?” He raised his hands in question.

    “Then why does Yixing know so much about it then?”

    “He deals with life. This is the most contact with living creatures I’ve had in at least twenty years.” Minseok stopped arguing and just rubbed the spot in his chest.

    Minseok yelped when his phone vibrated then began to ring. He regained his composure before he picked up.

    “Hello?”

    “Where are you? Mum’s ting kittens over here, screaming about how you’ve been taken from us again.”

    “We’re just at Sehun’s house. Could you believe his parents thought he was dead?” He chuckled but stopped laughing when he looked at Sehun’s displeased face.

    “You’re ok then?”

    “Yeah, not sure when I’ll be home though.”

    “Ok, I’ll tell her you’re not missing or dead. Bye!”

    “Then again I bet my parents would flip the out if I disappeared again after being missing for a week too.” Sehun said. His body was hungrily taking in his brother’s blood and his colour was improving.

    Minseok was being timed by Sejun and was up to eight minutes without breathing. Yixing was starting to check Sehun’s lungs for fluids. Predictably the doctors couldn’t fix his lungs properly.

    “Did you know you only have ¾ of your right lung?” He asked, “Its pretty full of coagulated blood and,” He sniffed Sehun’s face, “The beginnings of an infection … I should do something about this.”

    “This is going to hurt too isn’t it?” Sehun asked as Yixing dug through his satchel.

    “Might do.” He hummed absently. “Gonna be really gross in any case… You there” He pointed at Sejun. “Get me a trash can lined with at least three bin bags.” Sejun lightheadedly wobbled to the door and did as he was told.

    “Why are you so pale?”  Their mother asked.

    “What’s taking so long? Can we see him?” Their father asked.

    “Not yet.” Sejun said, still holding a cotton ball to his arm. They tried to keep asking questions but he shuffled around them to get what he was told. As a secondary thought, he grabbed a few other things from the kitchen.

    He went back into the room and Yixing broke open a package to hold under Sehun’s nose. “Deep breath.” He said. Sejun placed the trash bin by the bedside and Sehun started to hack and cough violently into the trash bin. He coughed hard enough to lose the fingerfoods he had eaten earlier.

    Sejun wiped his little brother’s face off and gave him water before Yixing started it again.

    Sehun was lying face down over the edge of the bed, barely able to hold his head up as he coughed violently into the rubbish bin for a good half hour. His chest was draped over Minseok’s lap as the small man patted gently on his back as per Yixing’s instructions.

    He put a stethoscope at least three times to Sehun’s back to listen, only to start the process over again. There was so much in his lungs that Yixing sent Sejun out for another trash can.

    Luhan was fed up with not doing anything and sat next to Sehun’s prone form. He glared at Yixing while he rubbed circles in Sehun’s back. The three men on the bed began to visibly relax shortly after his coughing slowed.

    “If you don’t cut that out, you’re going to end up like Minseok and Sehun and not be able to do your job properly.” Yixing said.

    “Too late, I think that was the last time I could incorporeate until I’ve gotten enough rest.”

    “Wait, how does the grim reaper get too tired to do his job?” Minseok asked.

    “Do you know how much energy he’s expended trying to heal Sehun?” Yixing asked.

    “Minseok too…” Luhan said sheepishly.

    “What’s wrong with Minseok outside of the overdose? That should have been a breeze to fix.”

    “Nothing anymore… not really” The small man said.

    “Bathroom. Now.” Yixing said leaving no room for argument.