no more

fated

another short one

im gonna double post the last ttwo chapters of this as long as you promise to read the second part of this story

here

 

 



    In the kitchen, Sehun stared in shock and horror at the mess Ren made of the place.

    “What is he doing?”

    “Well…” Minseok started, “He's gotten to be a really good cook, but the trade-off is that he destroys the kitchen on a daily basis.”

    “Is it worth it?” Sehun asked.

    “Sit. Try the bulgogi, then tell me it's not worth it.” Sehun watched as Minseok started cleaning the kitchen and Ren cooked.

    He started to realise that even after years of living with Sungjong, they didn't have anything like this.

    It wasn't a comfortable thing they grew into. They were essentially prisoners that Stockholmed into feelings for each other.

    There weren't going to be any shy glances, romantic dinners, welcome home kisses and there never would be. There never were. They were down there in order to keep eachother company as they waited.

    He was going to have a painfully empty spot in his heart, but maybe it'd be better this way. He didn't have to watch Sungjong grow old. His beauty turning into handsomeness and then fading into frailty sooner than he'd realise.

    It was better this way.

    His heart sank whenever he saw them exchange little smiles or kisses whenever they passed each other while scuttling around the kitchen.

    They were being subtle about it, at least. Hakyeon pulled Wonsik in by the hand and sat on his lap. He giggled every time Wonsik nibbled at his neck.

    As soon as Ren put the plate of meat in front of him, he threw himself into eating, not realising how hungry he really was.

    Five years of rice with occasionally jerky and dried beans made this fresh meat heavenly.

    He hadn't realised that he was crying around his food until Hakyeon was hugging him and trying, in a futile attempt, to wipe his tears.

    “I think he really liked your bulgogi.” Hakyeon chuckled.

    He couldn't take it anymore. As soon as his plate hit the sink, he ran.

    He ran and ran, letting his feet take him where he didn't think he'd ever want to go again.

    It had been years, but they never replaced the railing on the upper part of the bridge’s guardrail where the bus had gone through.

    He stood there, looking down.

    In the fading light the little valley looked bottomless. He could hear the river. He barely remembered being pulled out by Luhan and carried to an ambulance.

    If he jumped, it would hurt. A lot. He wondered if he ended up bleeding out and not getting help in time, would it work?

    Yixing would know if he was that injured.

    “Wait! Don't-” A stranger's voice startled him and he slipped as he turned to see who it was.

    The other man was fast and grabbed Sehun by the arm.

    “Are you ok? Did your arm dislocate?” He asked, cradling the crying man.

    “Yeah. It's- I'm Sehun.” He said softly when he looked up to tell the other man how he was injured.

 

That click that Luhan had once told him about. That feeling.

 

“It's you.” He smiled softly before everything went dark.