checkup

fated

this one's short

so it's gonna be a double post

would have posted earlier, but i been watching scarlet heart ryeo and cried so hard i think i must've slept through an apocalypse

also i can't see the keyboard in the dark

 

 

 



    They went into the bathroom that connected the two brother’s rooms and closed the doors on either end.

    “What?” Minseok asked. It sounded more like a statement.

    Yixing closed his eyes and ran a hand from the top of Minseok’s head down his back. He brought his hands up the small man’s sides and grabbed the base of Minseok’s neck. He assumed the medic was doing a more thorough examination of his head when the taller man’s hands slowly went up the sides of Minseok’s face.

    “Close your eyes.” Yixing said quietly as he pressed their foreheads together. He did as he was told and found himself in a black room. There was a door. There was also a really dim image of Luhan in front of it.

    “For his sanity, do not let Minseok past this door.” Luhan said to Yixing.

    “Stay here. I’ll be right back.” Minseok nodded. As soon as the door opened, Yixing slipped in and closed the door behind himself. The small man was bombarded by a series of images that made no sense to him but made his head hurt.

    The same thing happened a few moments later, when the door opened and closed with Yixing now on his side of the door sporting a grim expression.

    “It’s best you don’t remember.” He frowned before hugging Minseok tightly.

    “That bad?” He asked. He blinked and they were in the bathroom again. Yixing closed his eyes and ran a hand down Minseok’s lower back.

    “I think the heroin may have numbed you to the fact that you had a cracked rib.” He touched Minseok’s chest “Luhan has done an amazing job healing everything else. There might be a tiny bit of scarring, but nobody can actually see it without special equipment. Your body also seems to be changing.”

    “Sehun and I noticed.”

    “I mean even if you were helped along by Luhan, you should still be going through withdrawals. But here you are, your pupils are normal, you don’t look dehydrated, your breath doesn’t give anything away. It’s as if you’ve never been injected in the first place.” He said in slight awe.

    “I heard from Sehun that we didn’t have long until we stopped being human…” he said with a cocked eyebrow as if he was still trying to wrap his mind around that thought.

    “You are going faster than Sehun is… probably because they brought you to the brink of death so many times when you were kidnapped. Fortunately you weren’t conscious for most of it.”

    “We should check on Sehun.” Minseok cleared his throat.

    They walked back into Sehun’s room and the tall boy was sitting up, reclining between Luhan’s legs. The redhead was rubbing circles in his chest and Sehun looked as if he was about to fall asleep. Yixing smacked the side of Luhan’s head.

    “You need to sleep” Yixing said to Luhan.

    “Minseok’s bed is bigger, we should go there and sleep.” Sehun said weakly. His voice was barely a scratchy whisper.

    “You’re not staying?” Sejun asked. Sehun shook his head and went to stand up.

    “How does your chest feel?” Yixing asked.

    “Surprisingly clear.” He said, “I’m starving though.”

    “I bet there’s leftover fingerfood.” Minseok said.

    “Let’s go.” Sehun said without a second thought. He grabbed a bag of overnight things and briskly walked out of the room.

    “Where are you going?” His mother asked.

    “Sleepover at Min’s house. His bed is more comfortable.”

    “And he’s been lured away with promises of food.” Sejun said as he placed his hands on his mother’s shoulders. He stepped away to speak quietly with his brother. “Are you coming back?”

    Sehun looked at Luhan who shrugged. “Probably about as often as I usually do.” He smiled.

    “Don’t get into too much trouble Hunface.” They hugged each other and Sehun walked out of the house.

    They climbed back into Minseok’s window and the small man unlocked the door to get some food for Sehun.