hometown

fated

i caught the ick from my dad

who caught it from my mum... who got it from my cousin

so i edited this while half asleep and on cold meds

 

 



    They ate breakfast then decided to go and find Minseok’s apartment.

  Sehun looked uncomfortable when he realized that they had to take a bus to get there. Minseok held his hand tightly. “It’ll be ok.” He whispered.

    They got to the apartment after getting lost three times. They knocked on the door and a groggy Hakyeon answered. “Min?” He asked. His eyes brightening.

    “Hi … you look half dead. We’re gonna get something to eat and come back in a bit.” Minseok said. Hakyeon nodded before they dropped their bags off just inside the door and turned to leave.

     “I’ll meet you in say ... half an hour?” Hakyeon asked as he looked over his shoulder at them with a small smile.

    “No problem. I’ll tell you where we end up.” They found a nearby coffeeshop.  “It looks familiar.” Minseok mumbled before going in.

    “It’s a coffee shop. You seen one you seen em all.” Sehun said, still holding Minseok’s hand.

    They got to the counter and Minseok was still looking at the menu. “You have some nerve showing up here after weeks of nothing.” Someone growled angrily at the small man. Minseok instinctively hid behind Sehun before actually looking at who was yelling at him.

    “Please don’t yell at him. He startles easily.” Sehun said.

    “Who the hell are you?” the man behind the counter frowned. “Are you the reason why Minseok hasn’t been in to work for so long?”

    “D-did I work here?” Minseok asked, sticking his head out from behind Sehun.

    “What the hell are you playing at Minseok?” The man asked.

    “He doesn’t remember anything.” Sehun clarified. “Took us three tries to find his apartment”

    “What happened?”

    “Didn’t the police come by to ask questions about him? When he was missing?”

    “What do you mean he was missing?” The man asked as if he didn’t believe Sehun.

    “I was kidnapped for like a week then left for dead.” Minseok frowned as he squeezed Sehun’s hand. Minseok’s phone beeped.

From: Yixing -     did you take off the bandages? If you don’t it won’t heal properly.

    Minseok let go of Sehun’s hands to tear off the bandages and throw them away. “Can I get a java chip freezy frost?” he said when he came back.

    “What?” the clerk asked.

    “Large java chip freezy frost … please.” He said louder before nudging Sehun.

    “Uh ... same. What was that text message?”

     “Yixing said I had to take the bandages off or I wouldn’t heal properly.” He showed his wrists to Sehun.

    “Ew … does it hurt still?” He asked as he kissed the palm of Minseok’s hand. Minseok’s wrists were red and covered in a series of scabs.

    “Not anymore. That kiss fixed everything.” He stuck his tongue out at the taller man.

    Minseok got another text message:

    From: Yixing -     Wear your wrist braces for as long as you can

    From: me -     I didn’t bring them I forgot them.
    From: Yixing -     Buy some sportswrap and use that.
            The cement holding your wrists isn’t terribly strong.

    “What is it this time?” Sehun asked when he saw Minseok frown.

    “Apparently I should have brought my wrist braces. But since I didn’t, we gotta get a substitute at the drugstore.” He looked down and flexed his hand a few times, “It’s gonna cut off the circulation to my hand. I just know it.”

    “Here’s your freezy frost.” The man behind the counter said.

    “How much is it?” Minseok asked, holding the cool cups between his wrists. It felt lovely.

    “Don’t worry about it,” He said.

    “Thanks!” Minseok smiled brightly at him. they sat at a table by the door and texted Hakyeon to tell him where they were.

    Not even thirty seconds later, Minseok was practically knocked off of his chair and smothered by a large pair of s.

    “Mmrph?” Minseok asked through the cleavage.

    “Minseokkie!!! Where have you been??? Did you go on vacation?”

    “First of all, miss, he can’t answer you with a face full of . Secondly, be gentle. He’s still broken. He only got out of the hospital yesterday.”

    She backed away.

    “And the day before that …” Minseok grumbled. “ing sick of hospital food.”

    “You didn’t have to eat it for nearly 3 weeks … Then again it’s better than not being able to eat … That perforated stomach business blew chunks.”

    “This is Jessica.” The tall man put a slice of lemon cake in between the two men on the table. “She works here from time to time.” He said.

    “He knows who I am, Yunho!” She insisted. “Don’t you Minseokkie?” She tried to grab him again, but he stood and slipped around to Sehun’s other side. “Who are you?” She asked the tall man.

    “I’m Sehun.” He said, supplying no further information.

    “Still can’t remember anything Minseok?” Hakyeon’s voice rang out from behind the busty woman.

    Minseok shook his head. He looked around his tall friend to see Hakyeon holding hands with Wonsik.

    “Min … I have to talk to you … privately.” Hakyeon said seriously.

    “Be right back.” Minseok said to Sehun before kissing him quickly on the lips, “Don’t eat the whole slice of cake. I want some too.”  He followed Hakyeon outside leaving Wonsik and Sehun to awkwardly sit back down at the table while Jessica glared holes into the side of their heads and Yunho went to help another customer.

    “Weren’t you supposed to get money for finding Minseok?” Sehun asked the investigator.

    Outside, Hakyeon was holding Minseok’s hands and looking at him apologetically. “I …” they both started. They laughed. “Go ahead.” Minseok said.

    “Wonsik and I are together now.” Minseok nodded with a smile. “And he needed a place to stay for a while. He’ll help pay the rent.” He continued, “And he’ll sleep in my room.”  He saw Minseok begin to open his mouth. “I’m sorry, I agreed to it without asking if it was ok with you first.”

    “As long as he doesn't take up too much room and you feed him and clean up after him I guess we can keep him.” Minseok grinned. “Besides, until I can get my new business off the ground, we might need the extra income.”

    “So … you’re not upset?” He asked hopefully.

    “Not at all. Let’s get the others before the weird people inside can bother them too much.”

    “You used to be one of those weird people.” Hakyeon smiled.

    “What else did I do?”

    “You were a college senior on full scholarship learning architecture.”

    “Hm … that sounds dull.” They walked in and Sehun was staring at the cake with a small fork in his mouth.

    “I saved you some cake.” Sehun said without looking up.

    “Feed me?” Minseok replied as he sat on the tall man’s knee. Sehun rolled his eyes but put a forkful of cake to his lips.

    “So … are you two together?” Yunho asked when he came out from behind the counter again.

    “No …” Sehun replied.

    “Why?” Minseok asked through a mouthful of cake.

    “Well you’re just so … so …” Yunho moved his hands around trying to think of the right words.

    “So obviously ing.” Jessica said with a frown. She was pointing at her neck indicating that Sehun had something on his.

    Minseok looked at Sehun’s neck. “Wow! How did I not notice that?” He beamed. “Luhan really did a number on your neck!” He bent down to inspect the mark that was uncovered when the collar on Sehun’s shirt had fallen to the side. “Do you have any more?” Minseok asked while pulling the collar to expose the other shoulder.

    He leaned forward and on the unblemished skin. Sehun’s face instantly went red and he pulled at Minseok’s hair. “Not … not here.” He panted barely above a whisper. “Cut it out, Min.”

    “Uh … sorry. Thought you needed a matching set.” He said before kissing Sehun’s nose.

    The café was dead silent. the two men looked up from their exchange to see three shocked faces.

    “What?” Minseok squeaked.

    “That was outside of the parameters of socially acceptable behaviour.” Sehun mumbled before coughing awkwardly.

    “Even if you had a drive before, which I highly doubt, you would have been too shy to do anything like that in public.” Yunho said.

    Minseok stood up and brushed imaginary dust off of his pants before turning to Hakyeon, “Shall we?”

    Minseok pulled Sehun to his feet. “Well, it’s been nice. Thank you for the cake.” Minseok said before walking out pulling Sehun behind.

    They returned to the apartment and Minseok slowly wandered around before putting his bag in his room.  Minseok and Sehun cuddled together on the bed with the smaller man’s laptop resting on their laps, deciding that it’d be best to watch a movie after all that ‘excitement’.

    Minseok got a text message from Luhan.

From: Lulu – Don’t forget, check your email. XOXO

    Minseok looked confused but checked anyway. There were ten messages. All of them begging for help from the ghost whisperer and offering large sums of money. Minseok’s eyebrows disappeared behind his admittedly too long hair.

    “You want to come ghost hunting with me tomorrow?”

    “I guess so” Sehun shrugged, “I don’t think I have anything else to do.”