jeopardy friendly

fated

despite the fact that i have a cold, i'm in a pretty good mood

i'll give this to you a few hours early

ive got a bunch of stories to brainstorm

 

 



    “Sehun?” Luhan shouted a little louder than necessary. There was no answer. “I’ll be right back.” Luhan said to Minseok.

    “Be careful.” The small man replied.

    “How many of you are there?” They heard Luhan ask from in the dark room.

    Minseok’s phone rang. “Sehun? What happened?”

    “I … don’t know … I’m not sure where I am but there’s a doorknob.” He opened the door. “Oh … I’m in my dorm …” Sehun sounded confused. “I’ll call you back. Tell Luhan I’m ok.” He hung up and opened his bedroom door and stepped into the common room.

    His roommates, who were doing a group project turned to the door and looked at Sehun in shock. “Guys … why did the door open?”

     “What do you mean why did the door open? I’m standing right here, you dumb s.” Sehun said.

    “D- did you guys hear that?” The two other men nodded. Sehun plopped down between two of his friends and grabbed a pencil.

    “What the hell is going on?” One of them shrieked when he started writing on a piece of paper he ripped out of one of their binders.

    “Dear … s … stop … trolling … this … isn’t … funny. I’m … sitting … right here.” Sehun spoke aloud as he wrote. “I … will … kick the … out of you … if … you … are … ing … with me.”

    “Sounds like Sehun … but if he is a ghost … how can he kick the crap out of us?” One of them said. Sehun grabbed the back of his head and slammed it on the coffee table he was sitting in front of. He fainted.

    Sehun pulled out his phone and called the one he was sitting next to. “Sehun! Don’t come home! There’s a ghost that’s in our apartment. He’s holding us hostage and he’s pretending to be you!”

    “That is me idiot. Are you sure you’re not trolling me?” Sehun asked into the phone. “This joke has gone too far, Dongho. I don’t think it’s funny.”

    “Does it look like we’re joking? Er can you even see us?” Dongho asked.

    “I’m siting six inches away from you. Of course I can see you.”

    “Then you can see that Niel has already fainted and Peniel has pissed his pants.”

    “What’s wrong? Where have you been? Why can’t I see you?”

    “Not sure why you can’t see me, there was an accident on the bus I rode home on, but I’m ok now, really.” He stopped for a moment. “I’m going to call someone who might be able to help me figure out what’s wrong.”

    Dongho heard that same noise that he and his roommates heard by the door and while Sehun was writing. He shivered involuntarily.

    “Luhan! Something’s wrong!” Sehun said, managing to keep the alarm in his voice to a minimum.

    “Oh, you think?" he said sarcastically, "Like the fact that you can call us even though your lifeless corpse is just hanging out in the secret room with all of these children’s bones isnt a bit of a tipoff?” He shrieked.

    “Wait, what?”

    “You. Dead body. Astral projection. Get back here, now. I don’t know how long your body can last like this.” Luhan said, obviously irritated.

    “I don’t know how.” Sehun whined.

    “Concentrate on us. Think about the dark room with the bitey children.”

    “I don’t want to go to the bitey children.”

    “If you don’t come back, I don’t know if they’ll try to take over your body or not.” He said while batting a few of the children away.

    “Fine…” He opened his eyes with a loud gasp.

    “You back, or have you been possessed?” Luhan asked grimly.

    “It’s me.”

    “Who was the last person you had with?”

    “Do s in the back of a bus while Minseok was trying to distract me count?” He asked.

    “Yeah… that’s him.” Minseok shouted from outside of the room. Sehun chuckled quietly when they heard the woman’s scandalised gasp.

    “Spread out your energy this time, Sehun. Concentrate, you can do it.” Sehun sat up and squeezed his eyes tightly. His eyes opened in shock when he heard the high pitched shrieks surrounding him. Sehun looked up at Luhan and saw that the psychopomp wasn’t even looking at the demon children who were turning to bones around him.

    The redhead was staring at him in awe. “What? Do I have dirt on my face?” He asked as he wiped at his cheeks causing dirt to smudge on his face.

    Luhan giggled and wiped his face off. “Hey Minseokkie, come here!” Luhan said a little louder than speaking voice.

    “Oh no, I ain't going back in there.”

    “It’s ok, they’re gone, hurry up before it stops.” Luhan shouted.

    Minseok came in just in time to see Sehun’s multicoloured eyes turn back into their normal chocolate brown. “Woah.” The small man said quietly.

    “Can we go now? All this black is making my skin uncomfortable.” Sehun stated.

    “Yeah. Just let Min get the payment thing settled and we can go.”

    They explained to the woman that she had to call the police about the children’s bones in the hidden room and Luhan showed Minseok how to work the credit card reader on his tablet.

    “Have a nice day and don’t forget to tell people about us” Luhan said as Minseok wiped dirt and mold off of Sehun’s face.

    “Look, you two be more careful. You’re still mostly human. And don’t show off your weird powers” Luhan whispered when they were out of the house.

    “I have another house to take care of today. You want to come along?” Minseok asked. It wasn't quite a question.

    “Sure” He replied.

    They got to the next house and as the door opened, a man stood there with a frown. “What do you want?” He growled.

    “You emailed me. I told you I'd be here today.” Minseok replied.

    “You don’t look like any plumbers I've seen.” He said with a gravelly voice. “Hands are too soft, really girly lookin’.”

    Sehun had been, until this point, looking at the house, with its peeling paint and the garden, overgrown with weeds, but when he looked at the man to give him a piece of his mind, the words stuck in his throat. He took a step back.

    “What’s wrong, kid?”

    “N-nothing” He said with a croak to his voice.

    “We’re here to get rid of the ghost you emailed us about.” Luhan finally said, eyeing Sehun warily.

    “Awful young looking to be doing this kinda thing aren’t you?” He said as he stepped aside. Sehun clung to Luhan’s hand and kept as much distance between him and the large man as he could.

    “So, what seems to be the problem?” Minseok asked, trying to look confident.

    The man started off by explaining how historical the house is and how he was planning on turning it into a museum, but something kept rearranging the furniture in the sitting room and the dining room.

    “Can we have a minute alone with the house to see what the problem is?” Luhan asked.

    “I suppose. Try not to touch too many of the antiques… and stay off the furniture. This isn't a playground.” As soon as he left, Luhan made Sehun sit on one of the chairs.

    “Talk. What’s wrong? Why did you back away like that?” Luhan asked. It sounded closer to an order.

    “N- nothing. He was just intimidating… th-that’s all?” Sehun said without looking away from his hands that were on his lap.

    “He kinda was, yeah.” Minseok said.

    “Hurry up and lets see what we can find so we get out of here quickly.” Sehun urged.

    They looked through the sitting room and dining room. They saw nothing. “Minseok. there should be a video camera in your bag. Have Sehun tape this one. Something doesn't sit right with me.”

    “What if the battery dies while we’re doing this?” Sehun asked.

    “Special battery. It will never go bad on you. Also infinite memory.”

    Sehun made sure the cap was off of the lens and hit the red button. ”Let’s start over again from the sitting room.” He suggested. I want to make sure nothing moves around between the time we got here and the time we find something.”

    “Good idea.” Minseok replied.

    “You can see where the chairs and side-tables are located as we go into the house.” Sehun narrated. “Tasteless, tacky, ing carpet …”

    “You ever think that maybe one of our clients might have to see these videos?” Minseok asked, raising an eyebrow at the camera.

    “Maybe they’ll realise how horrible their taste is if someone tells them.”

    “Right… now we’re going into the dining room. There wasn’t anything in the sitting room.”

    “Aside from tacky ing furniture.” Luhan quipped. Minseok shot the man off camera a small frown.

    “Ok… so dining room… Still nothing.” Minseok said as Sehun slowly panned the room with the camera.

    “Let’s go into the next room.” Sehun suggested.

    “But he said it was in these two rooms.” They were interrupted by the tinkling of something behind the door.

    “You hear that? I bet that’s the kitchen… or the room between the kitchen and the dining room that the butler does… butlery things in.” Sehun said, pointing the camera at the door.

    “Fine …” Minseok pushed the door open. “Sehun. Tell me you’re getting this.” Minseok gestured toward the ghost standing by the drawer full of silverware, counting each piece.

    “Yep.” He replied, “Human shaped blur… Male if the silhouette serves me right. No idea if he’s gonna show up on the camera though. It’ll probably come off as floating silverware… Either way, it’s obviously ghostly activity.” Sehun chuckled. “I feel like a Ghostbuster.”

    He stopped chuckling when the ghost stopped counting and looked directly at them. “Don't stop taping, no matter what happens.” Minseok whispered. “Hello, sir. What seems to be the-” Minseok stopped speaking when the ghost rushed over to him and picked him up by the throat.

    “Have you been stealing the good silver? Our fine china?” The ghost snarled.

    “Put him down! We just got here! Min, send him off!” Sehun shouted from the door.

    Minseok brought his hands up to the hands trying to choke him. Before he could get a firm grasp, the ghost let out an unearthly howl before throwing him into Sehun.

    The camera caught a vision of Luhan stepping up to protect the two of them, the sound of the door splintering as they were thrown through it and into a large hutch that fell onto both of them. The antique leaded glass shattered, as did most of the flatware inside.

    The owner rushed in to see Sehun trapped under the sturdy piece of furniture. The floor was covered in a growing crimson puddle and the man could do nothing but shout angrily at them.

    “Guys? Are you ok?” Luhan asked only barely hinting at how worried he actually was.

    “Th-this might take a few days to heal” Sehun rasped. Minseok was unconscious. As Luhan called Yixing for help, Minseok opened his eyes and tried to lift his head. The hutch was still on top of him and the most he could manage, was to cough blood onto Sehun’s shirt. “You ok, Min?”

    Minseok groaned and let out a sob before falling silent again.

    “I can’t feel anything below my waist.” Sehun frowned. “My favourite body parts are below my waist. Yixing needs to hurry his up and get over here.”

    “Shouldn't you be calling emergency services?”

    “We have our own medic for things like this.” Luhan replied.”We won’t charge you for this ghost extermination, if you don’t charge us for the cleanup.”

    The man looked at Luhan as if he had grown a second head. “That door was an irregular size, that hutch is priceless, who knows what else you three have broken-”

    Luhan interrupted the man while pulling out a note pad. “Services rendered plus their cleaning bill and repairs. Medical bills incurred and any physical therapy required in order to recover enough to work again… looks like you’d be getting the better end of the deal if you just called it even.” The man nodded and was about to sit when there was a knock at the door.

    “I heard there were two jeopardy friendly boys in here, needing my assistance.” Yixing said pleasantly as he strolled in. The man led Yixing into the dining room with a frown on his face. “Wow… that’s a lot of blood.” Yixing said, “Where is Minseok?”

    “Between me... and... the hutch.” Sehun was getting dizzy, “I don’t feel so… Hey… more butterflies.” Sehun said, looking at the man before his eyes rolled shut and his head hit the floor with a hard thunk.

    Luhan reached under the hutch and grabbed the memory card out of the camera that was still in Sehun’s hand. “This is what they filmed. If you want to look at that while we help these two out from under here, you can.”

    The man left the room without a word and Luhan picked up the hutch singlehandedly.

    “You’re just going to let him see what was going on?” Yixing asked as he pulled the larger shards of glass out of Minseok’s back, ”And what does Sehun mean by butterflies?”

    “File is programmed to delete after he watches it all the way through and all he’ll probably be able to see is Sehun, Minseok and maybe a few floating pieces of silverware.” He helped to pull out the glass from his two wards. “Not sure about the butterflies though.”

    Minseok groaned softly when several of the larger shards of glass were removed from his spine and the left side of his back. When he woke up and the gravity of the situation finally hit him, he sobbed quietly. He moved a little bit before lifting his head to look at Sehun’s unconscious form, then to look at Yixing and Luhan.

    “I think I have a broken rib… ribs” He whispered.

    “Chances are pretty good, yes.” Yixing replied, “I need to get a look at you to know for sure”

    “I think one of them stabbed into Sehun.” He moaned in pain as he tried to push himself off of the other man. Sehun let out a wail of pain, quickly joined by Minseok. He stopped trying to move away.

    “Ok guys. This is going to hurt, but Luhan and I are going to have to pick Minseok up as fast as we can.”

    “We are?” Luhan was sweating slightly. He could feel their pain as well. Yixing nodded grimly. “Sorry guys.”

    They lifted Minseok to sit up on the floor and the three men shouted in pain. Minseok looked down at his chest and saw two ribs sticking out of his chest. He let out a noise that could only be interpreted as ’What the is this? This isn't normal! My shirt is ruined. Oh gods, I'm in pain.’

    Sehun out again from the pain of Minseok’s ribs being forcibly removed from the taller man’s chest. He gasped loudly a few moments later when Yixing poked at the hole to see how deep the injuries went.

    After determining that they weren't more serious than Minseok’s injuries, he went to work on Minseok’s chest. Luhan had already peeled the blood-soaked shirt off of the smaller man and Yixing put him back on the floor.

    “Hold his hand.” Yixing told Luhan.

    The instant they had a firm grasp on each other, Yixing started to push the small ribs back into place. Minseok grunted and let out a small shout through grit teeth before passing out again.

    “Probably for the best” The medic said as he pulled the bloody skin over the bones so everything could knit back together on its own. He pushed a little of his energy into the smaller man to speed the healing process.

    They watched on in amazement when Sehun’s skin started to knit together

    “I’m healing almost as fast as Min.”

    “Faster… Maybe you just needed to die again.” Yixing said.

    “Yeah… Maybe.” Sehun frowned.